• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Innolis

Not sure it's widely known yet, but it seems turning in one blueprint at a time still might get you a dupe. For example, When coming back with 3 blueprints, I would always drop 2 on the floor and turn one in at a time to avoid getting a duplicate. But coming back from floor 21, I found that I still got 2 of the same items from 2 different blueprints this way. Bummer, but I also kinda applaud the developers for not making such an easy work around.

Unless this was patched in recently...! (cause I never had it happen in the 100 hours I've played so far)

I can confirm this is true, I got 3 BPs on my climb from 10 to 20, stored 2 on the stash and delivered them one by one. Still got duplicates.

So the larger regions/countries basically always beat the less populated ones in team fights. Meaning being a member of the largest region gets you free death metals while being on the losing side means you get none, no matter how many successful raids you do. So you pretty much have to switch to the largest team or you lose out. That's some terrible game design, what were they thinking?

Yeah. Team system is borked right now and needs an overhaul. I've been sticking to my guns to not switch to Cali, but I probably just should until stuff gets changed.

Frimaire

Whelp, I'm done with this game for a while...
I'm at that point again where all your best fighters are dead on a high floor after trying to save the previous one, so they all cost like 200k to retrieve.
Also I stumbled into Coen immediately after beating U-10, so I didn't open up any other paths and now I have to fight though U-10 again to save my fighters...

D i Z

Gold or usual one? The gold one gives you 22500 exp, if you eat it, iirc. If you kill them, you'll get those oakshroom (100%/150% attack up for next attack). Apart from that, at the moment they are the highest instant HP recovery item, besides the ones you can buy from the vending machine.

To add to that the Golden Oakshroom is +300% attack up. Got one from an expedition, and have been holding that sucker until I absolutely need it.

Atkison04

To add to that the Golden Oakshroom is +300% attack up. Got one from an expedition, and have been holding that sucker until I absolutely need it.

Any idea what floor that was on by chance? I've only made it to floor 35 or 36. I decided to stop there and have been farming mats for crafting.

I really wish expeditions would return some R&D materials alongside the edibles.

Occam

Yeah. Team system is borked right now and needs an overhaul. I've been sticking to my guns to not switch to Cali, but I probably just should until stuff gets changed.

In a team fight, the smaller region should get an automatic multiplier for successful raids based on the population difference. Eg, if there are 5,000 people in one region and 10,000 in the other, the smaller one should get a 2x multiplier.
Problem solved.

Zabka

Whelp, I'm done with this game for a while...
I'm at that point again where all your best fighters are dead on a high floor after trying to save the previous one, so they all cost like 200k to retrieve.
Also I stumbled into Coen immediately after beating U-10, so I didn't open up any other paths and now I have to fight though U-10 again to save my fighters...

I was stuck in a similar situation with U-10. Beat it once, ran into Coen and used one of those recall things to get out after barely putting a dent in him. Get some guardshrooms and/or transparungus along with some looted pitching machines. Target the tail, not so bad.

D i Z

Any idea what floor that was on by chance? I've only made it to floor 35 or 36. I decided to stop there and have been farming mats for crafting.

I really wish expeditions would return some R&D materials alongside the edibles.

No, Sorry. I didn't take note of it. I can say that it wasn't any floor in the 30's though.

Grinchy

Banned
Man, that 20F boss was so ridiculously easy. I popped a toughshroom at the start, and even after it wore off, I was taking like no damage whatsoever from his hits. I barely had to try.

tariniel

I finally made a try at 23F Goto. I went ready with transparungus and everything. I walked into the boss room to start the fight, then ate a transparungus, and... the boss still chased me down and attacked me while invisible. The only thing that didn't see me was the skeleton.

What? Did I do it wrong?

I managed to kill it on a 2nd try. The climb from 23-25 was brutal, even if I didn't have to fight Goto... At least I unlocked grade 4 that I can start working on later. The difficulty is ramping like crazy.

GodofWine

Man, that 20F boss was so ridiculously easy. I popped a toughshroom at the start, and even after it wore off, I was taking like no damage whatsoever from his hits. I barely had to try.

The bosses haven't really killed me much, I just beat Jin Die on 16F, and total have 1 death to bosses...the haters that pop up right after you move to a new tier fighter on the other hand, they've kill be plenty of times.

I finally made a try at 23F Goto. I went ready with transparungus and everything. I walked into the boss room to start the fight, then ate a transparungus, and... the boss still chased me down and attacked me while invisible. The only thing that didn't see me was the skeleton.

What? Did I do it wrong?

I managed to kill it on a 2nd try. The climb from 23-25 was brutal, even if I didn't have to fight Goto... At least I unlocked grade 4 that I can start working on later. The difficulty is ramping like crazy.

This actually happened to me on my second go around..was pissed. Luckily, I had some slow shrooms to slow her ass up. Likely just a glitch..

I was stuck in a similar situation with U-10. Beat it once, ran into Coen and used one of those recall things to get out after barely putting a dent in him. Get some guardshrooms and/or transparungus along with some looted pitching machines. Target the tail, not so bad.

I've been hoarding some Tryptomine D's for this exact reason. Started taking one up with my Striker in to the floor 30s. Now I know somewhat what to expect. Each floor now needs a day of prep, really. Bring as many cheese shrooms as I can carry!

Capra

So how do people manage to break into silver rank in TDM? I've been raiding with guardshrooms since that seems to be the only viable option for taking on higher-ranked players' bases but it's still a huge gamble. I need that 5k TDM bonus though.

Does successfully defending your base up your rank at all?

Baliis

So how do people manage to break into silver rank in TDM? I've been raiding with guardshrooms since that seems to be the only viable option for taking on higher-ranked players' bases but it's still a huge gamble. I need that 5k TDM bonus though.

Very slowly. I ground my way up to gold 1-2 points at a time raiding the occasional 800+ person I'd find at lower ranks, the. Pushed up to 2k+ hitting some diamond players and dev raids when they would pop up sometimes.

tariniel

Most likely brainshroom/frongus cheesing defenders.

lionpants

Please tell me there has been a breakthrough and there's an easier place to get MILK Blacks?

I got the hunter decal after beating the last boss. It makes the farming easier for sure. But it is still boring as hell.

hbkdx12

What? Did I do it wrong?

You have to eat the cloak shroom before the fight/cutscene starts.

Conversely if you're using a slow shroom, you have to eat it after the cutscene. If you eat it before the cutscene, you lose the slow mo effect once you regain control.

I've learned both of these things the hard way.

hyp

i know some of you have been on the hunt for the more rare cloth materials. well, my go to spot is the elevator on MAMINEMACHI (8F).

fastest way to get there is to take the main elevator to NASHIYOGUCHI (9F) and head down. you'll see a bunch of rare cloths littered on the floor by the elevator on 8F. the type of cloths change from time to time but i've easily gotten a bunch of silk and hemp from this location.

Been grinding raids for the fun of it for a couple of weeks and finally got the "Flirting Virtuoso" trophy. Feels good.
Haven't bothered to beat the 10th floor boss yet...

DigSCCP

Been grinding raids for the fun of it for a couple of weeks and finally got the "Flirting Virtuoso" trophy. Feels good.
Haven't bothered to beat the 10th floor boss yet...

I stil dont get what you need to do to capture others players haters.
I have 2 "prisons" still tho I never get the chance to capture them, I must have around 120 raid atempts but just got 4 or 5 haters captured.
Anyway I felt good today too, I just won the 100 Success Raids Trophy!
14th floor so far.
Tomorrow I will try to climb my way up !

I stil dont get what you need to do to capture others players haters.
I have 2 "prisons" still tho I never get the chance to capture them, I must have around 120 raid atempts but just got 4 or 5 haters captured.
Anyway I felt good today too, I just won the 100 Success Raids Trophy!
14th floor so far.
Tomorrow I will try to climb my way up !

Congrats!
The ability to capture during raids seems completely dependant of RNG. You can do dozens without the chance and then knock 2-3 unconscious during one raid (though, you can capture only one afaik). I have raided altogether 1168 times, so that might give an idea how much it can take. I didn't always keep a room free at the toilet-prison, though, so might have wasted about 10-25% of capture chances.

Anyways, is it known what determines the map to change? I feel like it just changed to one with unexplored rooms for me, but after checking one out and returning to the waiting room, it changed again...

DigSCCP

Congrats!
The ability to capture during raids seems completely dependant of RNG. You can do dozens without the chance and then knock 2-3 unconscious during one raid (though, you can capture only one afaik). I have raided altogether 1168 times, so that might give an idea how much it can take. I didn't always keep a room free at the toilet-prison, though, so might have wasted about 10-25% of capture chances.

Anyways, is it known what determines the map to change? I feel like it just changed to one with unexplored rooms for me, but after checking one out and returning to the waiting room, it changed again...

WOW !
Thats a lot of raids bro !
Congrats on your accomplishment too !

Syysch

Congrats!

Yeah I'm at 857 raids with 14 captures (plus maybe 5 I left behind or from knocking out 2+ in one raid). It's just RNG. Very very low RNG. A big chunk of those raids are people with no defenders, though, because people seem to like letting you take their stuff for free.

Zabka

I've been hoarding some Tryptomine D's for this exact reason. Started taking one up with my Striker in to the floor 30s. Now I know somewhat what to expect. Each floor now needs a day of prep, really. Bring as many cheese shrooms as I can carry!

I actually lucked out. After spending a couple days upgrading weapons, fixing up looted weapons/armor, and farming shrooms I marched up to the 34th floor to kick the boss' ass and...stumbled on a path to 35. Got my rank 5 Striker, shoved her full of golden animals and killed that boss in 3 hits with a repaired Motor Psycho A's Rage Moves (and Stingshrooms/Oakshrooms).

fuck you coen, wasted 8 DM on him the first time I fought him

tariniel

I think I might try farming that chest on f22 to get a milk black to make the cleaver saber. Seems like the best way to up my damage to continue past 25+. Or is there a better way to spend my time? Right now i have grade2 +4 Death Iron and Longsword and they feel like they just tickle enemies on f25.

Also what class is best to do those runs? I usually run around on collector because I like the large bag, but maybe it's time to try a striker.

I'm a bit nervous about grade 4 haters oneshotting me.

audio_delay

Neo Member
I think I might try farming that chest on f22 to get a milk black to make the cleaver saber. Seems like the best way to up my damage to continue past 25+. Or is there a better way to spend my time? Right now i have grade2 +4 Death Iron and Longsword and they feel like they just tickle enemies on f25.

Also what class is best to do those runs? I usually run around on collector because I like the large bag, but maybe it's time to try a striker.

I'm a bit nervous about grade 4 haters oneshotting me.

Collectors are fine, if you have the right decals.
What some people forgetting are, how defense work in this game. There is no armor to protect you from all types of attacks, slash, blunt and projectiles. So if you experiment with the weapons and armors you get the hang out of it.
As for haters, keep some brainshrooms or fishy fungus with you. If you don't do any damage, go a way. No point wasting you weapons and time on them, if you cannot scratch them.
Okusa is up, btw.

Grinchy

Banned
I love Okusa. My first 1-hour run got me like 9 snails.

I'm not going to have to ever level up a tier 4 fighter after tonight's expeditions. And I'm sure I'll collect enough for tier 5s at some point, too.

Grinchy

Banned
Kinda accidentally took a 3* character from 21F to 29F with that crazy left side path. Got destroyed in a gank room on 29F. Now it's going to cost 116K but my bank isn't big enough to hold that much. Those poor blueprints and materials are just in limbo now.

Luckily the run got me to the point where I could unlock all of the 4* fighters and I had a shitload of golden snails. I went ahead and maxed out like 4 brand new 4* fighters and sent everyone right back to Okusa before calling it a night. I want to have a nice stockpile of snails for when I open up 5*.

tariniel

Collectors are fine, if you have the right decals.
What some people forgetting are, how defense work in this game. There is no armor to protect you from all types of attacks, slash, blunt and projectiles. So if you experiment with the weapons and armors you get the hang out of it.
As for haters, keep some brainshrooms or fishy fungus with you. If you don't do any damage, go a way. No point wasting you weapons and time on them, if you cannot scratch them.
Okusa is up, btw.

What are the right decals? My collector has these ones (I can't remember all of their names exactly):

- Vampire (or maybe it's blood sucker? 7% leech)
- Superalloy (more damage against enemies < 70%)
- The one that lets me live with 1 hp when I take fatal damage
- Tank (hp +20%)

I don't know what's optimal but I don't have a lot of the really good ones people recommend because the mushroom stew hates me. Everyone recommends Treasure Hunter for chest farming and I don't have that one.

At what floor do you unlock 4 star characters? 20?
As soon as you reach floor 25 they become unlocked.

Burnburn

I had full death bag and there was this animal I wanted to pick up, roast and eat. But because of full death bag I had to drop something, grill and eat the animal and then pick it up again. So that got me thinking "There should be an easy way to do this".

So I came up with the ability to give the player an option to pick up an item in "throw state" so you can walk to a fire like that, grill and then eat it. Then it got me thinking about it being pretty nice for combat too. Imagine having three enemies chasing you, you manage to kill one and he spawns a brainshroom. You could then run up to the shroom, pick it up, and throw it immediately.

I was thinking about suggesting that on reddit, but was wondering first if you guys could see the potential of this/ possible flaws in it.

lionpants

I had full death bag and there was this animal I wanted to pick up, roast and eat. But because of full death bag I had to drop something, grill and eat the animal and then pick it up again. So that got me thinking "There should be an easy way to do this".

So I came up with the ability to give the player an option to pick up an item in "throw state" so you can walk to a fire like that, grill and then eat it. Then it got me thinking about it being pretty nice for combat too. Imagine having three enemies chasing you, you manage to kill one and he spawns a brainshroom. You could then run up to the shroom, pick it up, and throw it immediately.

I was thinking about suggesting that on reddit, but was wondering first if you guys could see the potential of this/ possible flaws in it.
Cool idea. You could press down twice to simply pick it up without putting it in your bag. You can't eat food while holding it though. I guess they could change that.

I like this idea a lot. Perhaps press left/right to put directly on hand, much like what you do with weapons.

Cool idea. You could press down twice to simply pick it up without putting it in your bag. You can't eat food while holding it though. I guess they could change that.

You wouldn't need it with this. You would pick the food item, throw it straight at the fire, then eat it directly off the floor (er, yuck).

GodofWine

Finally made it to Okusa last night, then realized I brought no live beasts to throw at the snails...bless their hearts for putting 1 lone frog on that level (only one I saw at least).

I collect all three, sent expeditions there over night, checked them before leaving for work, got 4 more, and sent the whole crew back there. So nice to finally have endless access to leveling up new peeps (and money). Might be time to haterfy my lower tier fighters.

Capra

Finally unlocked 5* fighters. Not only that, but due to the copious amounts of golden snails I've been harvesting I was able to fully level my first one!

I may have ended up spending 16 death metals on U-10 and exploiting today's rotation to bypass the floor 34 boss though.

I finally got the Pork Chopper blueprints! I'm so happy you are able to build this intially without any high level mats, I can build it right away and it will instantly become my strongest weapon. This will help this final push through the 30s.

Getting excited!

Burnburn

What is the benefit of skipping Coen on F34? You still have to fight a different boss, is that boss a lot easier than Coen or something?

What is the benefit of skipping Coen on F34? You still have to fight a different boss, is that boss a lot easier than Coen or something?

For the most part it's because you unlock 5 Star Fighters when you get to Floor 35, which once you level, will make everything easier.

Capra

You need to access F35 in order to unlock 5* fighters. Even if I didn't make any solid progress, having a fully-leveled 5* striker will (hopefully) make exploring those levels for materials and blueprints actually manageable without transparangus.

I finally got the Pork Chopper blueprints! I'm so happy you are able to build this intially without any high level mats, I can build it right away and it will instantly become my strongest weapon. This will help this final push through the 30s.

Getting excited!

where did you find it? which floor/room.

Top Bottom