• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Drain You

option menu -> DH Service

Yup there it is, thanks a bunch.

Also to anyone that knows, can I switch characters? I feel like an idiot, I keep quitting to the main menu but then when I start it up again it just auto loads the one I was using. Coulda sworn we could have multiple fighters. Maybe I'm wrong.

Yup there it is, thanks a bunch.

Also to anyone that knows, can I switch characters? I feel like an idiot, I keep quitting to the main menu but then when I start it up again it just auto loads the one I was using. Coulda sworn we could have multiple fighters. Maybe I'm wrong.
In the main circle room, there is a silver elevator-looking door with a green switch next to it, you can switch/freeze your fighters there.

I don't know if I missed something, but there are quests in this game? Does anyone know how to access them/how they work. I've just been going up the tower so far.

bender

What time is it?
I don't know if I missed something, but there are quests in this game? Does anyone know how to access them/how they work. I've just been going up the tower so far.

Return to the arcade and talk to the girl at the counter who is always on her phone. Sorry, forgot her name.

When will I get a chance to return to the waiting room hub from the tower? Or is my only option quitting from the menu and dying?

You need to find an elevator on the floor your are on, if it has one, and you can pay to return the lobby.
In addition to the elevators, you can also walk back down the escalators. Stuff will respawn on old levels, but it can be worth it if you find yourself pushing your luck on an alternate route with no direct elevator access back down.

Skrams

Just did the 10 Perfect Guards in a row quest which took me longer than I expected. One of those things where I psych myself out I guess. Died even like an idiot, but the quest gives you a death metal so whatever.

Also god I love the Let it Die theme? that plays in the hub. It's real great.

You can expand your bank (and other things) at the Tokyo Death Metro guy, under waiting room.

Oh, I took a look at that and completely disregarded it earlier. Good to know, thanks. They're pretty cheap too considering how much raids give you. I've been running into the problem of a little too much money after going up a ton of floors so this helps.

Raonak

Banned
Quite an interesting game to put as a F2P game, cause it being free + "and it's avaliable now!" combo did get me to try this game where normally i would've overlooked it.

Very neat game, absolutely love the presentation, even the insurance girl talking about f2p elements was super well done.

I really need to find the lockon button...

Quite an interesting game to put as a F2P game, cause it being free + "and it's avaliable now!" combo did get me to try this game where normally i would've overlooked it.

Very neat game, absolutely love the presentation, even the insurance girl talking about f2p elements was super well done.

I really need to find the lockon button...
R3
Edit: Impressions
Last night I logged about 2 hours and will hopefully log more tonight. I like the way the microtransactions work, you can't pay to win. Yes, you can use the premium currency to keep a strong character alive, but to get the gear initially requires effort. This feels like No More Heroes and Dark Souls had a baby, with lots of interesting weapons and a stamina system that actually makes sense. Love it so far, especially the idea of having a bunch of characters at once to farm.

bender

What time is it?
R3
Edit: Impressions
Last night I logged about 2 hours and will hopefully log more tonight. I like the way the microtransactions work, you can't pay to win. Yes, you can use the premium currency to keep a strong character alive, but to get the gear initially requires effort. This feels like No More Heroes and Dark Souls had a baby, with lots of interesting weapons and a stamina system that actually makes sense. Love it so far, especially the idea of having a bunch of characters at once to farm.

Even if your character dies, it's only ~$5,000.00 gold to bring them back to life at the freezer. Money is trivial to gain so I wouldn't spend the pay-for currency to bring a character back to life. You are better off using that currency for storage expansions.

Drain You

In the main circle room, there is a silver elevator-looking door with a green switch next to it, you can switch/freeze your fighters there.

Awesome, got it.

I'm so paranoid about loosing my progress on my main dude (erm female) I've kinda just been grinding lower levels, occasionally running into a high level hater. But I've managed to survive.

Isn't there some mention of TDM?
In the Tutorial section of the DeathBook or whatever the book is called there is a Barb guide and a TDM guide
TDM for Team Deathmatch?

bender

What time is it?
Awesome, got it.

I'm so paranoid about loosing my progress on my main dude (erm female) I've kinda just been grinding lower levels, occasionally running into a high level hater. But I've managed to survive.

Don't be afraid. You can pay gold to retrieve your character. Further, hitting the level cap is fairly quick and weapon masterry carries over between characters.

Caim

Isn't there some mention of TDM?
In the Tutorial section of the DeathBook or whatever the book is called there is a Barb guide and a TDM guide
TDM for Team Deathmatch?

TDM stands for Tokyo Death Metro which is asynchronous base invading.

Kalentan

While yes, the combat isn't as tight as say, Dark Souls. For a game that's F2P and clearly not the biggest budget, I think the combat is actually kind of tight!

Also I can say for sure that, even with having 1 of the 'continues' on me... This is one of the few games where going out far makes things VERY intense!

Holy shit just tried this game and it fucking rules. If this continues to keep me interested in the next few days I'm definitely going to spend some money on it.

Edit: And holy shit Floe is streaming the game.

I really hope this game is successful. The game's aesthetic, music and characters are fantastic. The combat is a bit simple, but it still manages to be pretty fun to boot. Loving it so far.

Kalentan

That feeling... when you begin the Floor 10 Boss fight, unprepared with only 2 weapons and little healing things and you win on your first try with only 13 health left.

30607850624_355b99d089_o.png

janoDX

Even if your character dies, it's only ~$5,000.00 gold to bring them back to life at the freezer. Money is trivial to gain so I wouldn't spend the pay-for currency to bring a character back to life. You are better off using that currency for storage expansions.

Also when you bring him back to the freezer with the currency the character comes back to the freezer with everything you collected.

I got one of my chars back with 10k gold and all the weapons and blueprints I got.

Kalentan

Okay no. They need to put restrictions on how high level a Hater can be. I just got attacked by a level 35 Hater on Floor 6 that 3 shot me. That is straight up unfair.

Is the radio supposed to be resetting every time I go to the waiting room? It always starts with that shitty "no one understands" emo metal song before moving on to the better stuff.

Vex_

Banned
Eh this game isn't that great. Just because it's free doesn't mean it is automatically good.

Combat is garbage. Your roll puts you too far out to actually retaliate against enemies. Hit stun on enemies and yourself looks... Stupid. Like they just stand there. Range weapons don't collide with objects and have an imaginary bullet drop off for pistols. Good luck figuring out why you missed when the game doesn't give you visual feedback of your bullet hitting the wall in front of you/the floor.

Leveling up is.,... just stupid. Character customization is non existent. Huge missed opportunity there seeing as how there is literally no main character personality. You're always naked a majority of the time so you ant even wear what you want. You fucking can't even change your eye color for fuck's sake.

The fucking controls? Why do we not have block on a shoulder button? Why is crouch the same button as sprin-

No wait, why the fuck is there even a crouch in the first place. You can pick up all items in the game without crouching, so why specifically for frogs/rats?

And last but not least NO MULTIPLAYER (COOP) HHHUUUUUUUUGEEEEEE MISSSSSSSSSSSSSED OP POR TUNE IT TEE!

Holy shit I literally screamed that at my cellphone as I typed it.

Top Bottom