• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Level 15, figured why the hell not, took on a level 30. Wrecked im.

Aaaand my internet is out. Assuming if you get disconnected from the internet during play it just kills you?

qanters

Could of sworn I did kill both floors completely, but eh, no idea for sure. I'll try again and hope to god I don't accidentally roll on reflex.

I made a mockery of that miniboss by bringing in 2-3 Grilled Grenades and 2 Grilled Poison Mushrooms. Shit just demolished it with minimal effort on my part. I think it took them to 1/8 of their health and final phase before requiring me to beat the rest out of it.

Grilled Poison Mushrooms honestly seem like the best thing against bosses from here on out if all can be lamed out like that.

Just to confirm you are talking about the
weird woman monster who shoots and teleports around the room with the pillars? (i forgot her name)
. I tried using the explosive mushrooms on it but my damage just got sponged. I'll try again tonight and see if i'm just doing something wrong.

Skrams

Got the No Armor/Roll Quests done. Not sure why it didn't pop before, but whatever. Just had to kill em all as suggested.

Just to confirm you are talking about the
weird woman monster who shoots and teleports around the room with the pillars? (i forgot her name)
. I tried using the explosive mushrooms on it but my damage just got sponged. I'll try again tonight and see if i'm just doing something wrong.

Yep. Tossed my 2-3 grilled explosives at the beginning. 200ish a pop I think it was. I'd make sure they're grilled as the AOE on non grilled seems to be shit. Poison also did a hearty amount of damage over time. Meijin also gives a tip to go in close and not stick to a ranged battle.

To change target, you press up on the d-pad

fucking game changer

Tizoc

Oh.
Apologies to the gaffer who posted about blocking/dodging. I'm guessing they didn't want to make it easy to avoid attacks by taking this approach.

Uncle Death is such a bro.

The controls are bonkers but I did have a ton of fun playing the tutorial. Looking forward to jumping back in, forgot to turn my ps4 back on this morning to download the test though.

Orpheum

wow...i tried this out yesterday, and i'm...kind of bad at it. The combat feels a bit clunky, maybe it takes some time getting used to?

belinho

How do you leave Ikagara (to a new zone)? I cleaned everything except the lvl29, which i can't deal with.

I see an escalator but behind a grid, i think that's where i need to go, but i can't turn the wheel...

skynidas

Banned
How do you leave Ikagara (to a new zone)? I cleaned everything except the lvl29, which i can't deal with.

I see an escalator but behind a grid, i think that's where i need to go, but i can't turn the wheel...

there are two exits. one is closed until you do something later on in the game. you have to find the second exit. just explore a little more.

Kudo

I don't understand why this game doesn't let you stream on YouTube, is there any other game with this weird omission?

There's games that don't let you stream at all, but not sure if only not on Youtube, for this game I'd assume the OST is the reason, lots of bands that would most likely get your channel banned to hell with automatic copyright strikes.

Anyone else not able to enter the game?

I click to enter and it shows the little roach on the botton right corner moving but it stays like that and never actually enters the game.

Kalentan

I don't think level 30 haters or anything are that much of a problem. A level 1 can easily take them out. They do higher damage, but eh. Haters on the first few floors can fight enemies to decrease their health or you can usually sneak up on them for high damage suplexes+2 stomps. I can usually kill them or get them near death with that.

ALSO FOR THE FUCK OF GOD DO NOT FIGHT HEAD HUNTERS. JESUS CHRIST.

I threw a grenade mushroom at him and I'm not sure if it did any damage.

He shot me for about 8665~ damage with some laser looking gun. My fucking god.

And if anyone can figure out how the quests of no armor or no dodging work, I'd love to know. I've not rolled or used armor for a climb from ikegara to imokawa-cho, but I didn't complete the quests. I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing. I'm killing all the enemies as well as it says to do unless it means don't kill them all for some reason. It's not really clear.

Wait are the Head Hunters those guys you see in the cutscene after Jin-Die?

Is them appearing just random cause I haven't actually run into them since seeing that.

Burnburn

Is there a way to counter raid someone? I think the defense system has a very confusing UI.

Oh and for people who are wondering, you can play this without plus, but you DO need internet

Edit: I also seem to be unable to clear the "defeat all enemies on floor X with X/ without armor" thing. I'm pretty sure I keep missing an enemy on the first floor, but I double check everything to see if I missed any enemies.

Burnburn

maintenance again. hope i don't lose progress

Last time there was maintenance I was riding the elevator down back to the waiting room. After the maintenance I still had all of my items, didn't really check other stuff as I didn't remember my stats aside from items.

This game might have the worst cooking mechanics I've ever seen.

Super fun though. I'm digging it way more than I ever expected.

This game has the funniest explanation of the F2P mechanic ever.

Everything about it is just a little cooler than you'd expect. It is pretty engaging in the fact that's just so stylish.

myco666

So apparently this game is not coming out in my country and bunch of other because "ehhh" even if they said WW release at PSX. Probably going to just DL the US version then because apparently not every country is worthy enough to get it.

How are the MTs and DLC (if there is any DLC)? Don't really want to hassle with other regions PSN too much so if they are really not necessary I don't feel that bad getting it from US.

Kalentan

One thing they need to fix is the lock on mechanic. Despite it saying it locks onto the nearest enemy, I've had instances where if there was multiple enemies coming after me, that it would lock on to an enemy the furthest away and cause some troubles.

I WANT TO PLAY NOW!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

That fireworks gun is a trash, this thing has no use.

I will try to do the missions now.

And is actually hard to battle with more than 3 enemies.

All this maintenance is really off putting. I actually enjoy it and I want to play it.

The crossbow is actually pretty amazing. It's weirdly one of my favourite off hand weapons.

Audioboxer

I been picking them up and selling them lol

Don't worry about gold, you'll be swimming in it.

After my rage last night due to losing hours of progress, I picked it up again and just ran through to floor 9 from 6, then took the elevator back down. Now progress is saved.

I'll probably continue taking a break for a few days though until servers are more settled. As floors start to get harder I'd probably lose my shit x2 if I lost progress again. Especially considering it forces you to re-fight bosses.

All this maintenance is really off putting. I actually enjoy it and I want to play it.

The crossbow is actually pretty amazing. It's weirdly one of my favourite off hand weapons.

There is a level 1 fighter that unlocks fairly early on that specializes in ranged weapons. Probably really good with crossbows.

I almost shit myself yesterday when I ran into 5 screamers, they already murdered me but then i kept running back and forward to make them kill each other on accident. When I got to the escalator It was hilarious looking at my route being drawn on the line because I kept running in tiny circles.

gnomed

To change target, you press up on the d-pad
Haha. Thank you. I'm enjoying the lock-on and and camera a lot better than any of the Souls game. I prefer it because I can get a better angle and view of things myself. Nioh was almost perfect except when you have to run around and the camera seems to auto adjust (puts a wall in front of your view).

Kalentan

I can't believe it's F2P. It's quirky and great so far. There's games with more aggressive micotransactions that are full priced. This game snuck up so fast and it's been a blast.

The interesting thing is that the game isn't as punishing as one would think. In the sense that it seems like the game would want you to buy more of the 'continues' to revive your character... but you can literally go to the freeze, pay the regular in game coins and get the character back, with all of their collected items, exp, and money.

It's insanely good from what i've played so far and i'm more than willing to buy a subscription for it. (If it's decently priced).

I feel like this game would benefit from having a very cheap sub. Like $5 ~ $8 a month.

myco666

Still not out in Europe? Maybe we'll get it by Wednesday then.

From Let it Die support page

LET IT DIE is currently available in the following territories:

United States of America
Canada
Australia
New Zealand
Bulgaria
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
India
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Malta
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Africa
Spain
UK
Ukraine

If you are outside of these territories, you will not be able to download the game. We are currently considering additional regions and will update everyone as soon as we have official information to share. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

So I wouldn't expect to get it anytime soon.

Top Bottom