• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Kalentan

I don't even know what the subscription would entail. I probably wouldn't buy it if it was just the elevator.

Isn't the subscription that 'service' the game gives you 1 day for free? Where you get the daily decal, free elevator and so on?

The psn shop isn't up yet for the game, but it seems like the express tickets are equivalent to a sub (more storage for figfhters etc)

Yeah, the Express ticket is what I'm talking about.

GodofWine

The interesting thing is that the game isn't as punishing as one would think. In the sense that it seems like the game would want you to buy more of the 'continues' to revive your character... but you can literally go to the freeze, pay the regular in game coins and get the character back, with all of their collected items, exp, and money..

Beating your own 'hater' also gets you your fighter back too, which is nice. I lost my best guy to a bonehead mistake and thought they were gone, then I died to myself 2 times...then I beat the bastard (me) and there I was, in my freezer.

Kalentan

Beating your own 'hater' also gets you your fighter back too, which is nice. I lost my best guy to a bonehead mistake and thought they were gone, then I died to myself 2 times...then I beat the bastard (me) and there I was, in my freezer.

If you beat your own hater, do you still get all of their stuff back with them? I thought if you went out and 'killed' them that you only got the character and nothing more back.

Ah, that sucks. I really wanted something a bit more. I don't think I could justify paying for that. :(

That's why I hope it's cheap. Cause I wouldn't mind paying $5 a month for the elevator ride alone. xD

Alastor3

About the quests... I saw that some of them are repeatable. Do you guys plan to try to do all of them?

Also about Stamps, it seems im missing the third floor but I did it a couple of time and never saw a stamp machine, are they random and can they be missing?

Guys, the store was up for me this morning in NA
Only price I remember was 5 USD for 10 Death Metals, but after I grab a bite will report back

Kalentan

Only price I remember was 5 USD for 10 Death Metals, but after I grab a bite will report back

5 for 10 doesn't seem that bad... I may actually do that just to expand the bank!

About the quests... I saw that some of them are repeatable. Do you guys plan to try to do all of them?

Also about Stamps, it seems im missing the third floor but I did it a couple of time and never saw a stamp machine, are they random and can they be missing?

At least for me... It kind of depends. Some of the quests are really quite hard while the other ones (kill and collect), are decent to do just as you play rather than actively presue.

Like I remember one of the quests was kill all the enemies in Wakoi(?, it's the area that you can go to from the first floor after you beat Coen), with the pickaxe. At first that doesn't seem so hard until you realize the amount of enemies in that place is INSANE! You need to bring like at least 3 pickaxes with full durability if you want to do it.

audio_delay

Neo Member
You get parallel floors that open up once you kill a (mini-) boss for the first time. check the map (digi pad down)

qanters

The store is really what what we need to know. Hopefully we get more details today.

Also, what do death metals do?

The store is really what what we need to know. Hopefully we get more details today.

Also, what do death metals do?

You can use them to revive your character or 2 of them to expand your storage by 10 slots so far.

I don't know if there are any other uses yet.

Isn't the subscription that 'service' the game gives you 1 day for free? Where you get the daily decal, free elevator and so on?

Yeah, the Express ticket is what I'm talking about.

What do you mean 1 day? the express pass lasts 30 days, doesn't it?

This is bizarre. When was the last time someone cherry-picked countries to release in like this?

And it's not even "the rest will follow shortly", it's "we're considering maybe including some other countries at some point."

What the hell?
Probably the cost of servers to reliably run the game in other countries.

qanters

http://www.letitdiethegame.com/support.html
check the faq, it tells you most things

Cheers for this.

Incase anyone else was wondering about Death Metals:

Death Metals are currency that can be purchased in LET IT DIE and have the following uses:
・Continue in the Tower of Barbs
・Speed up equipment development in Chokufunsha
・Reduce the time it takes to strengthen equipment Metro Front
・Expand the DH Service Storage Room
・Kill Coin conversion at DH Service
You can buy Death Metals from the PlayStation® Store.

myco666

What the shit? It's not coming out over here at all?

Well yes and no. They say considering which might mean that it is coming eventually but then again it could just never come out. See every Atlus game ever in Europe. Really shit situation.

This is bizarre. When was the last time someone cherry-picked countries to release in like this?

And it's not even "the rest will follow shortly", it's "we're considering maybe including some other countries at some point."

What the hell?

Yeah I have no idea why they did it like this. This definitely isn't the first time though. For example I remember one Blazeblue game not coming out in my country (don't remember which one) but it was out in pretty much every other EU country. It was pretty recent thing also.

edit.
Probably the cost of servers to reliably run the game in other countries.

Obviously I don't know how this stuff actually works but I can just get the US version and play that right? So don't really get how it is a server issue.

This game is pretty great indeed. It's been keeping me away from Enter the Gungeon, which is no small feat by any stretch of the imagination. My biggest gripe about cheap deaths has been pretty much solved once I've realized the revival costs scale much less aggressively than I thought (since it was 5000 at level 5 I assumed 1000 x level, but even at level 15 it's less than 5500).

Yeah I have no idea why they did it like this. This definitely isn't the first time though. For example I remember one Blazeblue game not coming out in my country (don't remember which one) but it was out in pretty much every other EU country. It was pretty recent thing also.

Blazblue Chronophantasma, yep.

What's odd is that all those countries that can't download the game still have groups in the TDM mode available to select.

Suppose I could leave my native California group for the Finland one to represent the forlorn Gaffers.

I was like: "Okay going to play some Skyrim and FFXV on Sunday", Then I noticed it was 1 AM and I had been playing Let it Die all day long.
lol yep. Honestly I'm just glad something finally managed to pull me away from FFXV. That game destroyed my sleep schedule

Ok, i got 40.000 coins and reach the limit. What i do now? There is something nice to buy with this?
Unlock a larger bank, save to 50k and buy mushroom soup. Unlock some blueprints and buy gear. Buy new classes of fighters, salvage dead ones. Buy decals.

You probably need to climb more floors, to unlock more ways to use your cash.

myco666

Just DL it from the US Store. Creating an account is super easy.

I have US account and currently downloading it. Doesn't make it any less absurd situation and I really don't want to hassle with buying stuff from other regions stores so I won't support this game with any money until I get it released in my country. Also nothing is better marketing than "HEY THIS GAME IS AVAILABLE NOW WW*" (*joke we released only in select countries without mentioning it outside of the bottom of games support page lol). I actually had to dig that up because there wasn't any mention about it in press releases.

Kalentan

If you had 50,000 then you could buy a permanent stat boost from the Mushroom Stripper Pole lady. I don't know how to raise the cap to 50k though.

Once you unlock the TDM, you can start raiding and getting the energy which you can then go into the 'waiting room' option of TDM and upgrade your defenses, which includes an upgrade to your bank which allows you to carry more money.

MomoMura

This game is super quirky and fun. Didn't think I'd enjoy it so much. In a week or so I'll definitely invest money into it if I'm still as addicted. Haven't explored the TDM much but I've made it as far as the sixth floor, though haven't had the guts to fight the second boss yet so I'm maxing out my collector and gonna try to upgrade as much gear as possible + stock up on heals if I can.

I recommend maxing out every weapon you can people :p fireworks gun is crap at first but gets more intense as you level it.

Ok, i got 40.000 coins and reach the limit. What i do now? There is something nice to buy with this?

You can expand the limit by purchasing it at the metro station with Tetsuo.

Kalentan

This game is super quirky and fun. Didn't think I'd enjoy it so much.

I think that's the general feelings. Like I fully expected the game to come out and be terrible. Not to mention from the trailers I thought it was going to be a very different game until recently. Even surprised that the Reddit thread on it in /r/games has also been quite positive!

If you had 50,000 then you could buy a permanent stat boost from the Mushroom Stripper Pole lady. I don't know how to raise the cap to 50k though.

You can up the cap by accessing the "Waiting Room" in the Tokyo Death Metro menu.

A good way to raise splithium(?) for bank/freezer upgrades is to do raids. Look for anyone low rank, as they're less likely to have a lot of defenses. Then just go in, kill everyone, then smash both their bank and splithium(?) tank.

You get a certain amount of cash and splithium for doing the job, then a substantial bonus for completing all of the tasks.

hear4beer

Are they definitely permanent? As in can you peel those stickers off and re-use them?

the stickers with a P next to them are reusable. Also learned that the storage upgrades bought through the DH insurance service last around 24 hours so keep that in mind before spending your coins.

Kalentan

Yeah nah I don't feel like waiting.

Just made a US account. I don't know why they have to make this so complicated.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the soundtrack. Maybe the licenses don't transfer in every area and the places were it was launched they were given the go ahead to use them there?

Pricing:
10 Death Metals for 5 USD
30 Death Metals for 14 USD
80 Death Metals for 33 USD
160 Death Metals for 61 USD
280 Death Metals for 100 USD
Will update with the DH Pass when I find it

Kalentan

My only real complaint with the game thus far in terms of bosses is well...

Spoilers for the first 'major' boss (floor 10).

Did anyone feel like he's basically a suped up version of Coen? Even uses some of the same attacks.

myco666

Lol. Apparently the game gets stuck if you die when you play it on other regions account than the game is downloaded from. It tries to show me the insurance(?) DH system but I can't do shit now.

edit.
Works after you restart the game.

edit2.
Nevermind it just got stuck for whatever other reason I guess.

Mandelbo

First proper boss was utterly infuriating.

Small area with electrified sides, loads of health, can do his ranged drill attack again immediately after you get hit by it...

Burnt through half my death metals to finish it, especially since he broke all my armour. That': the first time where I've properly felt F2P mechanics seep into the game design - if you fail the boss, which is very easy, you have to go through the entire level again, not to mention the fact that there's a hater and a headhunter (?) on the way...

Kalentan

First proper boss was utterly infuriating.

Small area with electrified sides, loads of health, can do his ranged drill attack again immediately after you get hit by it...

Burnt through half my death metals to finish it, especially since he broke all my armour. That': the first time where I've properly felt F2P mechanics seep into the game design - if you fail the boss, which is very easy, you have to go through the entire level again, not to mention the fact that there's a hater and a headhunter (?) on the way...

Wait there's a headhunter on the level? Huh, only encountered the one hater at the start and that was it.

Just a small tip that can make you 'sort of' cheese it.

Max can get hit by the electrical fences and will become stunned. If you hit him enough while he is stunned and when he gets out of it, he will not move much and most likely get hit by the fences again.

Dominator

That game is really awesome. I knew it existed but really had no clue what it was until it released, so it's refreshing to jump into something with no expectations and just have fun.

myco666

Just found first elevator. Game feels really fun even if it is really janky. Definitely going to pour more hours on this.

ToVenusAndBack_

Neo Member
When do you get the option to buy other fighters that aren't All Rounders? Also I've killed a fair few haters but can't seem to add them to my fighters. Do I need to upgrade my freezer or something? Or will that open up at some point. Only beaten Coen so far so early days. Having an absolute blast though :)

Top Bottom