• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Nameless

Really really dug what little I played. I kinda goofed, though, thinking I could yadda yadda passed some parts of the tutorial and dick around to get a feel for the core mechanics only to find out everything is saved server side so I couldn't "start over" with a fresh save like intended. Oh well. Still looking forward to diving into this more over the holidays.

myco666

What the hell was lily even about? Was it ever more than a trailer? People bring it up like we lost the game if the generation.

It was supposed to be an action game and only thing we ever saw was that one trailer. People pretty much just have this image of a perfect action game in their head after seeing that trailer so they are really disappointed that it turned into LID even if they never saw what the alternative actually was.

So what actually happens when you die? What do I retain?

Why does mungo suck all my coins out of me when I return the waiting room, were they not 'banked' before that?

Damn, the invasion system kinda sucks. I hate logging in and seeing dozens of invasions and having a ton of my currency just gone. I have two max level fighters defending along with a bunch of level 1s, but it's easy to take out defenders so that really doesn't mean anything.

OniBaka

What the hell was lily even about? Was it ever more than a trailer? People bring it up like we lost the game if the generation.

Not sure but I would assume it was more single player focused with proper campaign, I was one that hated that it was gone and Let it die happened but having too much fun with Let it die to even care about it anymore.

So what actually happens when you die? What do I retain?

Why does mungo suck all my coins out of me when I return the waiting room, were they not 'banked' before that?
Mingo is just banking your coins, while you are in the tower they show up as banked but if you die you lose them, so you dont have to go back down to the waiting room to check what your money is at all times
When you die, you lose that character, but you can get them back by paying around 5k in kill coins, complete with gear and whatnot

OniBaka

Damn, the invasion system kinda sucks. I hate logging in and seeing dozens of invasions and having a ton of my currency just gone. I have two max level fighters defending along with a bunch of level 1s, but it's easy to take out defenders so that really doesn't mean anything.

Yeah I lost 30k when I woke up this morning, I have I have people over level 30 raiding me.

Level up your stuff in the waiting room.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I keep running into high level orange names right on the first floor, what gives

Don't fret... there's always a way!

I9po63G.gif

Also people, don't sleep on fists and the fireworks gun (after you have the blueprint):

z06erSQ.gif

My last advice: ONLY USE LOCK-ON FOR RANGED. It's sooo much easier to dodge and attack w/o lock-on, because you move so much faster.

GodofWine

How do I 'cook' stuff? maybe I didn't have stuff to cook, but I thought there was an option at the mushroom lady for this, but I didnt see one?

Kyuur

Is there no way to throw mushrooms at a targeted enemy? When I click the pad while locked on I always end up eating it, just poisoned myself to my death. >_>

OniBaka

Is there no way to throw mushrooms at a targeted enemy? When I click the pad while locked on I always end up eating it, just poisoned myself to my death. >_>

You have to click on the "left" side of the touchpad to go in throw mode, right side is consuming of the item.

Evolved1

lol click LEFT side of the pad (then X) for throwing, RIGHT for eating.

Evolved1

I recommend not removing kill coins from the reward box. The box has 50 slots and it's a way to keep more coins than the cap, and hide it for a rainy day. Emergency fund, and savings account, essentially.

Kyuur

You have to click on the "left" side of the touchpad to go in throw mode, right side is consuming of the item.

Click the left side :p

lol click LEFT side of the pad (then X) for throwing, RIGHT for eating.

Thanks guys. Guess I missed this completely, thought it was related to the length you held it or something.

Another question, is there any way to get back to the waiting room to level up / store stuff / etc later on, or do you always have to run back?

Burnburn

Really liking this game so far, just a few things that are really annoying IMO

1) Quests that tell you to kill all enemies on a floor. I've tried these countless of times, but never succeeded, what gives? I walk around the map a few times and I still can't find all enemies. I hope they add some kind of enemies left on floor counter

2) The way the game explains stuff + the UI being very confusing. It's so hard to find information or to figure stuff out. I read all of the TDM tutorials and I still don't know how to counter raid someone. The whole TDM UI is a confusing mess, only found out after a while that you can move the cursor around with right stick to look at different countries. And how do you even attack other countries? I raided someone from France, but it still said The Netherlands had 0 victories over France (Though might be just server updating slow)

Which brings me to my next point questions:

1) Is there any way for the awesome songs that play in the waiting room to play on floors? Right now it's just silence and the battle theme when you encounter an enemy. It would seem like a giant waste to only have 100 songs for the waiting room (I just defeated the first sub-boss, maybe it'll be an option later?)

2) How do you counter raid someone?

3) How did you guys confirm that you killed all enemies on a floor?

Thanks guys. Guess I missed this completely, thought it was related to the length you held it or something.

Another question, is there any way to get back to the waiting room to level up / store stuff / etc later on, or do you always have to run back?
Find elevators. Check your map by hitting down on the dpad for the nearest one.

Just got to the 11th floor. Was not expecting to
go outside. Pleasantly surprised!

Really enjoying this game. Hope they put up the Express Pass tomorrow when the PS Store updates so I can support

OniBaka

After first major boss your can get am item to go straight to waiting room, think it cost 120k to buy.

Kudo

Starting to get into this, sucks that you can send your level 30 guys to the first floors though, not good enough to beat them without cheesing yet.
Is there any way to increase the limit of 5 for stats? Also can you repair weapons somehow, I got revolver from the daily box but it's almost broken.

NotLiquid

This to me definitely feels like it has the potential for longevity. Maybe not Souls-level longevity but out of all of Grasshopper's games I think of this one as the one that's the most likely to build a community for itself. It's surprising me a whole bunch and I can't recommend it enough, especially since it's free.

Ryuuga

Banned
Some dude totalled my base. Several people in fact, but I want to get revenge on the person who captured one of my fighters. Not sure how to find them though. Maybe just get revenge on everyone that raided me in order?

Some dude totalled my base. Several people in fact, but I want to get revenge on the person who captured one of my fighters. Not sure how to find them though. Maybe just get revenge on everyone that raided me in order?
Go to the TDM thingy and when you select raid there will be an option to get revenge. Just hit R1 to bring it up.

Justified

Ah, didn't realize they could be used downwards. The first one I found sort of closed immediately after finding it, maybe I just missed the prompt or something.

Thats the premium elevator that you need an express pass for. Use the Metal looking one next to it, though you have to pay a few coins

Syysch

1) Quests that tell you to kill all enemies on a floor. I've tried these countless of times, but never succeeded, what gives? I walk around the map a few times and I still can't find all enemies. I hope they add some kind of enemies left on floor counter

3) How did you guys confirm that you killed all enemies on a floor?

The quests that tell you to go from one floor to another and kill all enemies actually mean to kill all enemies on both floors. If you do it successfully, you'll get one of those quest progress pop-ups on the right hand side of the screen letting you know it's done. Other than that, just gotta hit down on the dpad to make sure you didn't miss going anywhere on a given floor. If you've been somewhere, chances are you aggro'd everything there, and you can pretty much always hear enemies grumbling nearby if you're unsure about a particular spot.

Is anyone else having issues with eating mushrooms? When I right click the touch pad either nothing happens, or itll let me throw the mushroom. Same thing happens if I click the left side of the touch pad

The pseudo Mortal Kombat fatality jingle when you do a finisher is one of my favorite little touches I've seen in a recent game. This game is just oozing with style that makes me keep koming back for more.

Top Bottom