• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

I can't seem to figure out this armor limit quest. I haven't worn any armor, and killed everything but it won't finish. It's from the entry level to Imokawa Cho

I bought Titanfall 2, Doom, and Hitman over Thanksgiving break, and finally got time to play them. Spent all of my free time playing Let It Die. Damn you Suda.

The TDM stuff is neat, I'm having a damn blast with this game. And I haven't really got deep into it yet. Thank you Suda.

Opto

Banned
NOw with no server crashes and disconnects, this game is pretty neat. The dungeon crawling isn't the most interesting, but I fucking love everything surrounding it. Video games need more weird shit

Audioboxer

I can't seem to figure out this armor limit quest. I haven't worn any armor, and killed everything but it won't finish. It's from the entry level to Imokawa Cho

Did you take the stairs up? Elevators cannot be used at all, not even to take you to the 1st floor.

Everything must be killed on the 2nd named floor as well, not just the first named floor. Then take the stairs up to an area after the 2nd named floor and quest should complete.

Did you take the stairs up? Elevators cannot be used at all, not even to take you to the 1st floor.

Everything must be killed on the 2nd named floor as well, not just the first named floor. Then take the stairs up to an area after the 2nd named floor and quest should complete.

I only took the escalator, killed everything in both areas. Unless, do frogs count?

I'm on my level 7 guy and had to kill like 4 25+ haters too.

Audioboxer

I only took the escalator, killed everything in both areas. Unless, do frogs count?

I'm on my level 7 guy and had to kill like 4 25+ haters too.

I don't know if frogs do. I always pick up the ones I see lol. After clearing out 2nd floor did you take an escalator up to the next floor?

Luminaire

I don't enjoy playing it much, but I like the idea. This might be a perfect game to just someones stream up and running to see how bad/intense things get.I want to see someone suffer.

Maybe I should see a doctor.

Audioboxer

Yup, nothing. I must be missing something but I can't figure out what. Wait if I have armor in my bags, does that count?

Think it is just equipped. I can't remember if I had any in my bags though.

You might be missing 1 enemy somewhere. They can hide a bit at times. Usually though they all aggro very easily.

Frimaire

Ha, I love how you just land flat on your face after a dropkick,
Always reminds me of this:
d96.gif

Nachos

Sorry for totally dropping the ball on the OT. Working in GIMP is like pulling teeth for the most basic things. I know the most important thing's actually having a thread to discuss things in, but I'm going to see if I can hurry and get Photoshop reactivated so that I can put together some actual graphics and information.

Opto

Banned
I don't enjoy playing it much, but I like the idea. This might be a perfect game to just someones stream up and running to see how bad/intense things get.I want to see someone suffer.

Maybe I should see a doctor.

you want to watch someone suffer? watch SBFP Omikron

I tried this but couldn't understand the likeness to the Souls games, the combat seems really rigid. Significantly because you're forced to go through the full animation. In Souls games you can roll cancel the ending of the swing and attack animations themselves are actually pretty short compared to what features here.

Audioboxer

I tried this but couldn't understand the likeness to the Souls games, the combat seems really rigid. Significantly because you're forced to go through the full animation. In Souls games you can roll cancel the ending of the swing and attack animations themselves are actually pretty short compared to what features here.

It's nothing like Souls. It's more like Tokyo Jungle but with people instead of animals.

Is the soundtrack anywhere for purchase or streaming?

Are there wallpapers? I'd love to have the wallpaper from the quest computer.

Think it is just equipped. I can't remember if I had any in my bags though.

You might be missing 1 enemy somewhere. They can hide a bit at times. Usually though they all aggro very easily.

Do I have to return to the waiting room via the escalators? Or should it happen as soon as I'm "done" with the objectives.

Justified

This is more like Dead Rising mixed with Freedom Wars

Endo Punk

So I killed the mid boss, made a lot of stupid mistakes and used up a few of my rainbow 🌈 skulls. My first mistake was going into the fight with no weapons. Punching... Punching... Death.

I really quite like the zaniness of it all.

AESplusF

Anything that has anything to do with Suda 51 or Grasshopper invites my curiosity so I played this for about two hours today without really knowing what to expect.
I'm really liking it so far, the dynamics of everything seem really strange but I think I'm going to get hooked honestly, Grasshopper's aesthetic is sort of addicting in a way.

Man this game.. Its so oddly satisfying. Like it can be brutal but fair.

For every time i say son of a bitch at the game.. I'm laughing at something not to long after.

Still can't believe its free. I'm thinking the maintenance was probably everyone downloading it and didnt expect it lol

AESplusF

Anyone have a larger version of this image, preferably without the logo?
The dungeon crawling isn't the most interesting, but I fucking love everything surrounding it. Video games need more weird shit
Yeah I agree, it's called good art, Suda and Kojima have really pushed the medium forward, especially visually/thematically.

Sweet, got a blueprint for a weapon I've never seen before from the daily chest
It's called a flame wand and deals 98 base damage. Also requires 650 HP to use
Unfortunately I've never seen most of the mats so I won't be able to R&D it anytime soon :(

Edit: lol wtf ran into a level 38 hater with an assault rifle on the second level with a lvl 1 character. Thankfully I had some poison on me and was able to outsmart him but wtf, this can't be intentional lol

Also I'm 99% sure haters killing enemies ruins your quest progress. I've done the same run twice and the quest still isn't complete.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Wow, just had my first encounter with a Jackal on floor 7. Gonna spoiler tag the rest.

So there I was, just sitting in the menu buying items from Kommodore when an alarm goes off and he closes his stand up. Battle music kicks in, but I had already killed the lone enemy on that floor. Anyway, I turn around and there goes Level 200 Jackal Z just creeping up on me.

Just for kicks, I tried to pull off a running dropkick but her Beam Yoyo caught my foot and OHKOd my character. After dying, I got a neat cutscene of my character getting scanned and I was given no option for Death Metal revival.

All in all, game is pretty fuckin dope.

Bahlor

how do i get better fighters?

I got the message that I'm able to buy a new fighter after beating the mid-boss on the 5th (if i remember correctly) floor. But still only have enough space for 3 fighter... so I need to delete one to be able to buy a new fighter :(

How can I increase freezer space?

Wow, just had my first encounter with a Jackal on floor 7. Gonna spoiler tag the rest.

So there I was, just sitting in the menu buying items from Kommodore when an alarm goes off and he closes his stand up. Battle music kicks in, but I had already killed the lone enemy on that floor. Anyway, I turn around and there goes Level 200 Jackal Z just creeping up on me.

Just for kicks, I tried to pull off a running dropkick but her Beam Yoyo caught my foot and OHKOd my character. After dying, I got a neat cutscene of my character getting scanned and I was given no option for Death Metal revival.

All in all, game is pretty fuckin dope.
No death metal, but can you salvage that character from the freezer or is s/he gone forever?

I got the message that I'm able to buy a new fighter after beating the mid-boss on the 5th (if i remember correctly) floor. But still only have enough space for 3 fighter... so I need to delete one to be able to buy a new fighter :(

You can upgrade the freezer from the TDM menu.

Dascu

I'm trying to race through FF15 so I can spend more time with this game.

Uncle Death is awesome. I may need to try more Suda games, because this reminds me so much of Shin Megami Tensei games in all the best ways.

I stand by it that killer7 is inspired by SMT.

TDM guy in waiting room, I believe it's in the upgrade defense or something like that.

Top Bottom