• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

KrebStar

Sweet, got a blueprint for a weapon I've never seen before from the daily chest
It's called a flame wand and deals 98 base damage. Also requires 650 HP to use
Unfortunately I've never seen most of the mats so I won't be able to R&D it anytime soon :(

Edit: lol wtf ran into a level 38 hater with an assault rifle on the second level with a lvl 1 character. Thankfully I had some poison on me and was able to outsmart him but wtf, this can't be intentional lol

Also I'm 99% sure haters killing enemies ruins your quest progress. I've done the same run twice and the quest still isn't complete.

Got that same blueprint from the chest today as well, only to have that material list immediately bum me out.

The last time I logged in I got some weird thing where I had two minutes to have a slow motion fist fight with myself in a black void. Not sure what that was about, but it was interesting nonetheless.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
No death metal, but can you salvage that character from the freezer or is s/he gone forever?

Thankfully yes. Seems like it's a little bit more expensive to salvage though.

I recorded the fight and, looking at the video, her health bar didn't even move after the first few attacks I threw at her, lol.

HotHamBoy

Someone, quick:

Is this game worth my time if I couldn't get into Killer 7 and thought No More Heroes was trash?

38GB on a 300GB data cap...

I'm at a complete loss I can't finish any of the quests where you have to make your way through areas doing only certain things. Not getting credit. I just did Action and Armor Limit #001 and neither completed.

Mdk7

I loved the atmosphere, it reminds me SO MUCH of Dorohedoro (to the point that I think that Q Hayashida got to work on this as well after working with Suda on Shadow of the Damned).
The gameplay, hmm, not so much unfortunately.

Got that same blueprint from the chest today as well, only to have that material list immediately bum me out.

The last time I logged in I got some weird thing where I had two minutes to have a slow motion fist fight with myself in a black void. Not sure what that was about, but it was interesting nonetheless.
I've gotten the void fight several times now. Noticed if you manage to hit yourself you can earn some SPlithium.

I don't know for sure, but I think you get that fight when you try to load into your waiting room while someone else is raiding you. Every time I've gotten it has been coming back to my waiting room, my room had been attacked, and the three minute timer matches the three minute raid timer.

At least, that's my current hypothesis.

Soma

Phew just beat Coen and got the option to change the music.

My dudes.

This soundtrack is fucking lit 🔥🔥🔥

SnakeEyes

Banned
Quick question in regards to the elevators that return you to the hub area: Does it stop at the 6th floor, and you have to progress the rest of the way on foot?

Just beat level 10. That ending lol.
I love this. Wasted a skull on him though because I ran into the outside of the ring and got stunlocked.

Someone, quick:

Is this game worth my time if I couldn't get into Killer 7 and thought No More Heroes was trash?

no, theres not enough here to hook in. im a huge suda fan, playing to see the silliness he brings. dont think youll have patience to stick with it, id say avoid.

Daouzin

What a pleasant surprise. Just checked it out, still haven't died, beat the 1st mid boss and my character is level 13.

No idea what's happening, but god damn do I love Suda51 games.

Not familiar with the death mechanics or the point of having multiple characters, but I imagine I'll get there soon.

Ha yeah. Seems there's a lot of different materials in the game.
Thankfully yes. Seems like it's a little bit more expensive to salvage though.

I recorded the fight and, looking at the video, her health bar didn't even move after the first few attacks I threw at her, lol.
Just had it happen to me as well.
I tried to hide and avoid the first one, but after a minute a second one appeared and spotted me. I tried to run but they shot me out of midair for 18k damage lol

Someone, quick:

If you don't like their games to the point of calling one of them "trash", then I say don't bother. Especially with that data cap

Kalentan

Yeah deleted this after the 2ND boss. The game is too clunky for my liking and the environments are all the same.

Jin-Die? Then you stopped just before the final boss of the area. Then the game's environment changes dramatically.

FiraB

Banned
So machete and knife seems to be way to powerful combo, literally got sick of getting killed by it and tried it. Also the rifle you find on floors 11+ is just way to good, +4 it and your unstoppable, raided a guy with 4 level 50s and took out his defence in less then a minute.

Also for people wondering how to get more powerful characters, just keep climbing the tower to unlock, they are unlocked by reaching milestones in the tower.

Mandelbo

Cy8mnluWgAAIG7h.jpg:orig
Seriously, second area looks so cool!

If I want to use some of the new fighters I've unlocked, do I have to delete one I've already got? Also, newer fighters can go above level 25, right? That should make this area a bit easier.

benzopil

Screw that, created a US account. Tired of this bullshit, available now my ass.

Hopefully it will work on my main account without problems.

Donthizz#

played for a hour or so. this game is....surprisingly good. I was planning on playing watch dogs after FF and TLG, now I might play this instead.

I think the haters screw it up if it is a quest that says kill all enemies with say a hammer, and the hater uses something else. For the ones that just say kill all and don't dodge/wear armour I got them both popping at once.

It has to be every enemy on both floor names mentioned in quest. Make sure every enemy is being killed. Some hide pretty well.

I finally got it after going through and killing every rat and frog as well. I'm not sure if it it counts those as enemies or it was just a coincidence that I completed the quests.

I finally got it after going through and killing every rat and frog as well. I'm not sure if it it counts those as enemies or it was just a coincidence that I completed the quests.

I don't know what I'm missing and it's driving me crazy, I can't keep searching too long either as level 200 enemies show up.

I love grasshopper/suda and so the presentation of this game I'm digging but god damn I freaking hate Dark Souls/roguelike shit. pretty disappointed by this one, big waste of bandwidth for me downloading that entire 28 gb.

hopefully they make a retail game next that's more no more heroes or killer is dead or something. uncle death makes me miss shadows of the damned :(

This express elevator is shockingly buggy. I only activated my pass an hour ago and it's bugged out twice already - kicking me back to the waiting room where I can't control my character. I'm afraid to use it when I'm out in the field lol

Skrams

Hoo boy, started it up and my room was raided 4 times and was just on fire literally. That's really sad to see the amount of money and soul juice you lose.

Anyone remember what the daily bonus/boxes were for the last 2 days? I know I've gotten Magnum, 4 Death Metals, and the Blueprint for Flame Hand from the boxes while the dailies have been Death Metals/Money I think. I'm now confused if I accidentally missed mondays box reward. Hopefully I didn't.

Also jeez at all the apology money/metal. That's pretty cool at least.

Wait are the Head Hunters those guys you see in the cutscene after Jin-Die?

Is them appearing just random cause I haven't actually run into them since seeing that.

Head Hunters/Jackals/whatever their name

I think it was a tip from Meijin that said they show up on floors if you wait around too long. I only saw them once as that picture shows. I beat the 3rd floor and Coen again, was looking around up ahead near the exit escalator, and heard a noise behind me. I went back and saw the guy with the white suit from the cutscene. Level 200. They really don't want you to fight them right now.

I jumped in for an hour last night, and half hour before work this morning (never play games before work!) I like it!

Can't wait to play more tonight!

I'm tempted to give this game a go after watching Desiderata7/PervSan's streams for the last few days but i think i'd be dreadful at it but it does make for interesting watching while i'm between sessions on other games for sure.

About the Premium Elevator bug someone said you have to wait for her animation to complete otherwise it can glitch out but i've never seen it happen so i can't say.

The OST has been getting a lot fo praise is it really that good? Can't hear it too well on streams as everyone has muted it to avoid spurious copyright takedowns.

Top Bottom