• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Goretastic kills should give some health, IMHO
Also, Goretastic kills actually break the rules of the game, because when you use it with a gun you fire a bullet but it doesn't use up any ammo.

Burnburn

The quests that tell you to go from one floor to another and kill all enemies actually mean to kill all enemies on both floors. If you do it successfully, you'll get one of those quest progress pop-ups on the right hand side of the screen letting you know it's done. Other than that, just gotta hit down on the dpad to make sure you didn't miss going anywhere on a given floor. If you've been somewhere, chances are you aggro'd everything there, and you can pretty much always hear enemies grumbling nearby if you're unsure about a particular spot.

Yeah, I've been doing that and when it's "kill enemies in both floors" I always do both floors too. Been doing the "Kill every enemy on floor 1 with hammer" mission to try and make atleast that one pop up, but no dice. I have been encountering Haters every single time who killed an enemy, so maybe that's the problem.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If I may ask an ignorant question, by what means is this free?

Is there a certain point at which cash shop items are necessary?

saturnine

Spent some time with the game today. I don't think I've ever seen a game with such a bizarre ambiance.

Game goes from an unsettling splatterfest accompanied by the most Silent Hillesque soundtrack Yamaoka produced in recent memory to juvenile metal-infused base invasions to a surreal arcade filled with Suda51-approved loonies.

This game is really fucking weird. Makes Killer is Dead look positively straightforward by comparison.

Varg

Banned
I managed to capture someone my first raid but he was not lvl 1 . Now I want to capture someone's high lvl character but it never gives me the option now . Is it random? Do I have to do anything other then beat them? Maybe sleep mushroom ?

You can use the premium currency to bring your character back to life on the spot when they die, or use it to increase your storage. However, even if you do let your character die completely, you can bring them back with everything they had for a small amount of the non-premium currency. You would revive with the premium currency if you didn't want to lose progress, like in the middle of a boss fight.
Cash Shop items don't really exist
Also, you can use the premium currency to speed up timers

Ryuuga

Banned

Cash shop items make your play sessions more convenient. The only intentional time gate I've seen is when it comes to crafting. Otherwise it isn't necessary unless you want smooth sailing.

skynidas

Banned
I'm up to floor 8, getting a little frustrating but i am really really enjoying the game, awesome surprise for me. Going to try to get all the trophies, wish it had a platinum.

Got peaced out by a level 1(!) Hater earlier.

He had a broadsword that did something like 200 points of damage a swing. People are soaring through this game it seems.

Running past enemies is a bad idea by the way. Unlike Dark Souls, once they aggro, they're never letting go. Hell, there was a time I was getting chased, so I ran all the way to the escalator. Unfortunately, I didn't realize I was still running when I hit the X button. I ended up drop-kicking air, then got immediately torn in half by the person chasing me.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
This game feels like Freedom Wars meets Silent Hill.

It's cool, but too weird for ne. Lol

Lucent

I maxed out my character. Guess I gotta get to a certain point in the game to unlock the higher level bodies.

Mandelbo

Absolutely love the look of the second area, much more creepy and surreal than the first imo. Had an incredibly tense 20 minutes or so where I had several blueprints, no revive coins, no armour and one almost broken sword with no elevator in sight - got to an area where there was apparently an elevator and had to sneak around looking for it while trying not to aggro the hater that was roaming around. Luckily I got out and one of the blueprints was an assault rifle!

I don't think I'm going to be making much progress for a while, though. Enemies have gotten to the point where they can one-shot me with their rifles, and the salvage cost for dead fighters is now around 12000 coins, so it's not quite as easy just to buy my character back if they die. I'm probably gonna do some quests that give you death medals and hang around on the first few floors of the second area to see if I can get the blueprints for a sword or something.

So if your character dies, and you go defeat them as another character you lose everything that dead character gains (items and exp) right? The only thing you get is to have that character back in your freezer?

Learned that one the hard way.

So if your character dies, and you go defeat them as another character you lose everything that dead character gains (items and exp) right? The only thing you get is to have that character back in your freezer?
I think you get everything
Edit: you don't? Lol. Why ever fight them when you can just pay to get everything

I think you get everything
Edit: you don't? Lol. Why ever fight them when you can just pay to get everything

Yeah, luckily I was using a new character and exploring the right side of the map, so the only new thing I really lost was a battle axe.

Seems like a high risk that isn't really worth it unless you want to save the gold. I almost died with the second character because I was fighting two enemies and then she attacked.

The Hater sound is very unnerving in the wrong situation haha.

Edit: I forgot the name on the area, it's on the right side after Wanoki, it's just a hallway ending with a room that locks you in with a Hater, that was some bullshit lol. I know where I'm sending my level 25 dude now.

Hey Hawkian! Not really from what I've played so far. It seems to be extremelly generous, which I admit is almost disconcerting and I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. In any case what I've played so far is so much more fun than it has any right to be, and I wholeheartedly recommend it even if it was only for that part.

GodofWine

Got peaced out by a level 1(!) Hater earlier.

He had a broadsword that did something like 200 points of damage a swing. People are soaring through this game it seems.

Running past enemies is a bad idea by the way. Unlike Dark Souls, once they aggro, they're never letting go. Hell, there was a time I was getting chased, so I ran all the way to the escalator. Unfortunately, I didn't realize I was still running when I hit the X button. I ended up drop-kicking air, then got immediately torn in half by the person chasing me.

I just did the drop kick the escalator thing...i thought i was home free...then i died

cj_iwakura

How come the shopkeeper has nothing for sale after I returned? Does it not unlock until later?

Also, I know why this gives me such a Killer Is Dead vibe:

Cy5S7AoUAAAWPi_.jpg

5T9zOVf.png

Hey thanks for the advice on how to kill Coen a few pages back.

Really enjoying the game so far I have to say. Its going to get crazy hard when people start invading my base and stuff though I bet!

Heh, am I better off basically spending all my money before I log off for the evening?

Riozaki

Banned
I don't know if this qustion has been asked before or not so, please excuse me but does the game have a multiplayer. Can I play with my friends or against other people?

SilentRob

This is really fun. I'm at Floor 4 right now but have explored quite a bind and actually found several second and third floors? That's awesome! I'm guessing I will be able to level further than Level 25 after I beat Floor 5, 10 or something?

This is really fun. I'm at Floor 4 right now but have explored quite a bind and actually found several second and third floors? That's awesome! I'm guessing I will be able to level further than Level 25 after I beat Floor 5, 10 or something?
You get access to more fighters at different points of the game. Check your emails from Uncle Death. He will tell you when you get more.

AHK_Hero

Just heard about this being free, was totally not expecting that, awesome.

Downloading now. Love me some Suda and Grasshopper games.

Burnburn

Heh, am I better off basically spending all my money before I log off for the evening?

That's what I'm doing too (Going to log off for the night in a bit). Invading a base is laughably easy, I had 3 lvl 25 characters in my base, all equipped with full armor and did a test run with my level 1 character. Beat them very easily. So I would say spend all you money before they steal all of it!

The money I spend was on the invading characters (full equipment + weapons), so it's kinda win-win. Your characters get better, invading your base is less easy and if someone still manages to complete the raid on your base there's no cash left!

Learned that one the hard way.

You can just use the freezer and pay kill coins to bring the character back immediately, items and all.

Top Bottom