• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

BBboy20

How come the shopkeeper has nothing for sale after I returned? Does it not unlock until later?

Also, I know why this gives me such a Killer Is Dead vibe:

Cy5S7AoUAAAWPi_.jpg

5T9zOVf.png
GhM hasn't made a photorealistic looking game since Shadows of teh Damned but I wouldn't be surprised some art directions of KID bled into this game.

Coda

Man I keep losing my fighters before I can return to the lobby and store my items. I guess I have to be more careful. Is there anyway to go back to the lobby anywhere or do I always have to use the elevator?

Arklite

Stealth suplex throw is the best shit, I love when it insta kills. No connection issues today, hopefully it stays that way.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Holy fuck. I paused the game on Saturday, take an elevator back and. . .I'm taken back to the title screen. Log back in and. . .ALL progress lost. All of it. Basically as if I started over. Are you actually telling me the game ONLY fucking saves upon a return to the Medical Wing?

Yea. Nope.

Holy fuck. I paused the game on Saturday, take an elevator back and. . .I'm taken back to the title screen. Log back in and. . .ALL progress lost. All of it. Basically as if I started over. Are you actually telling me the game ONLY fucking saves upon a return to the Medical Wing?

Yea. Nope.
You paused it?
You just kept it running?

Frimaire

Man, fuck haters so hard...
I keep getting killed by guys like 4x my level with full gear.
Now all my characters are dead so I just have to keep going in with brand new characters...

Justified

Yea. Nope.

Suspend mode doesnt work in any online game or online mode like that. Of course it kicks you from the server, and outside of the waiting room any disconnect is treated as a death

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Maybe shouldn't use suspend mode on a online always game

Suspend mode doesnt work in any online game or online mode like that. Of course it kicks you from the server, and outside of the waiting room any disconnect is treated as a death

Tell that to every MMO ever.

And I love how penalizing a player for actually having outside commitments is a "meh, whatevs. . ." type situation here. That's not good game design at all, and it should be communicated to players well in advance.

Ok
I think what might have happened is when the maintenance rolled around it didn't play nice with the game because it was suspended
If you contact support they might be able to help

I mean I guess; it still seems a bit silly that it didn't save when I entered the elevator.

Just lost a great character with tons of loot super far in looking for a elevator. Almost quit, instead geared up and saved it, and it was awesome.
I can't get over no co-op, this could have been a megaton.

Audioboxer

I've yet to be able to clear the no armor/no roll quest despite clearing both floors. I wonder if it's because a hater killed some enemies.

I think the haters screw it up if it is a quest that says kill all enemies with say a hammer, and the hater uses something else. For the ones that just say kill all and don't dodge/wear armour I got them both popping at once.

It has to be every enemy on both floor names mentioned in quest. Make sure every enemy is being killed. Some hide pretty well.

So, buying a Hater back lets them keep their stuff, but finding them in the world and killing them doesn't? That doesnt seem right.

Edit: OH, the blue currency upgrades your base? That's cool. I was wondering how you get 50,000 k for the Mushroom stew

Does the game have many special weapons with skills and that sort of thing as drops? I watched a few people play for a bit and it seemed like they only used punches and a couple of other mundane weapons

Perineum

I'm trying to race through FF15 so I can spend more time with this game.

Uncle Death is awesome. I may need to try more Suda games, because this reminds me so much of Shin Megami Tensei games in all the best ways.

Coda

Finally got a grip on the game so it's becoming more fun but does the game ever get better environments after the first boss?

Top Bottom