• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

MomoMura

Day 3 and the game is still oodels of fun. Just got into the TDM and raided a bunch of ppl lol so expecting like half of my gains to be gone in the morning.

It's crazy to hear how far some other people have gotten, especially hearing about lvl 50+ characters. I'm taking my sweet sweet time and exploring every side route as well. Made it to level 11 but it wasn't the main route so I wasn't outside or anything. Still have level 6 boss to beat so I'll give that a go tomorrow

Kalentan

So has anyone found the blueprint for the Sword yet? I remember picking up 2 swords when I first started playing but haven't seen anymore in over 10 hours of play.

Spence

it's available in a lot of countries in the EU. The ones that are not supported right now won't be for a while.

Got a source for that? I wonder why Sweden wouldn't be supported.

You can check the supported regions here. If your country isn't on the list then GungHo is "considering releasing it in your country" but there isn't any guarantee if it will come out.

Edit: Ah, thanks.

Wonder how they decide which region to support..

Random word of advice, don't peel stickers off - I thought I could save a sticker for another fighter - turns out peeling it off totally removes it from your inventory

ChanMan

Played for a few and it seems fun but the combat and movement is a little stiff to me. I'll give it more time during holiday break because I really like the design music and lore to this game.

hbkdx12

I'm not sure how long i'll stick with this. It feels like there's a love hate relationship here

I really enjoy the gameplay and the roguelike nature of it.

The F2P hooks are annoying but have largely been bearable and unintrusive.

The multiplayer stuff is where i start to get infuriated. I just unlocked the ability for raids so i guess i can lose resources while i'm offline? I'm not happy about that but i can deal (depending on how severe the losses are) What's not ok is that i died with my first character the next floor after my first boss encounter. Cool no problem. I stored a bunch of armor and weapons in the storage. So i get a new character and gear up and take the elevator back to the floor i died on so i could fight/recruit my former character, about 10 seconds off the elevator i run into a level 29 enemy armored out with weapons in both hands and i die in a matter of seconds. How does that happen? It felt really cheap and unfair. Why are invaders not comparable to the level you're at or were at?

I'm assuming i can't just go offline to alleviate the multiplayer stuff?

Kudo

I'm not sure how long i'll stick with this. It feels like there's a love hate relationship here

I really enjoy the gameplay and the roguelike nature of it.

The F2P hooks are annoying but have largely been bearable and unintrusive.

The multiplayer stuff is where i start to get infuriated. I just unlocked the ability for raids so i guess i can lose resources while i'm offline? I'm not happy about that but i can deal (depending on how severe the losses are) What's not ok is that i died with my first character the next floor after my first boss encounter. Cool no problem. I stored a bunch of armor and weapons in the storage. So i get a new character and gear up and take the elevator back to the floor i died on so i could fight/recruit my former character, about 10 seconds off the elevator i run into a level 29 enemy armored out with weapons in both hands and i die in a matter of seconds. How does that happen? It felt really cheap and unfair. Why are invaders not comparable to the level you're at or were at?

I'm assuming i can't just go offline to alleviate the multiplayer stuff?

Game is always online, so sadly no.
I feel like the random orange named mobs (Haters) are the worst feature too, what's the point? They're just unfair having level 5 character fight against 30 with full gear.

Anyone have any tips for Jin-Die?

hmm starting to think putting this game as FTP will be a big mistake for them.

At €19.99 this game would still be worth it. I hope they make some money off this

delSai

They went the safe way with going F2P, especially after how people reacted and hated the game from when it was announced to like a month ago lol.

RPGCrazied

I love Suda51 and his games, and hope he makes more single player ones, but I don't think I can play this any longer. Reason I don't like the Souls games. To punishing for me and not enough reward.

Anyone figure out the colors of the stairs? I thought the blue was the "normal" path. But hit a dead end and had to back up and go a unlocked stairway.

I wish they'd hurry and put the Express Pass up for sale. I don't think I'm too interested in buying death metals right now, but I think I'll actually do the monthly Express Pass if it isn't too much.

Hit down on dpad to bring up map.

I think he's asking if the different stair colors indicate anything specific. I'm not sure myself, only idea I've had is maybe they indicate the relative difficulty for that floor?

I wish they'd hurry and put the Express Pass up for sale. I don't think I'm too interested in buying death metals right now, but I think I'll actually do the monthly Express Pass if it isn't too much.

I think he's asking if the different stair colors indicate anything specific. I'm not sure myself, only idea I've had is maybe they indicate the relative difficulty for that floor?

The color on the escalator rails matches the color on the map. If you find a purple escalator, it will take you along the purple path on the map.

I think Haters/Hunters fighting enemies definitely messes up the quests. I'm playing this with a TitanOne using KBM and I unmapped circle so I wouldn't be able to accidentally dodge and I still couldn't complete the no dodge and kill all enemies quest. I hope they clear up stuff like this and maybe add some control options, the touchpad was really inconsistent about switching items when I first started playing and was using the DS4 (I was getting about 1 in every 4 or 5 swipes that would switch multiple items or switch back and forth with one swipe).

Dude this game rules

Obviously it's early as fuck but this already seems like it'll be one of my favorites of the year. The combat, style, sense of humor, music, challenge, everything is so on point

Yeah thats what I was thinking.. I went up a alternate route and it was more difficult. But I was going up the blue route I think and thought that was the normal route but hit the shop thats a dead end so i had to reverse to go up a different colored stairs to get to floor 10.

So maybe thats all it is.. Showing how difficult the next area is

ActWan

Just started today. It's so goddamn good! Swery's take on Souls.
I can see myself sinking many hours into it, one of the best F2Ps I have ever played.

Edit: Suda***

The color on the escalator rails matches the color on the map. If you find a purple escalator, it will take you along the purple path on the map

Ohhhh, this makes sense now. For rooms with branching paths it makes it easier to know which escalator goes where. I don't know why that didn't occur to me before.

Mandelbo

Levels 11+ feel like a modern Manhunt to me with all the stealthing I'm doing. I'm loving it.

Yeah, I'm really liking this too. The stakes feel higher because the intervals between elevators are getting longer, the enemies are much more lethal and the cost for retrieving corpses is doubled - you really need to stay on your toes. I appreciate the way they've, for the most part, started expanding the range of ways you can tackle a situation. Ranged weaponry is more frequent, and things like the cloak mushroom and decoy mushroom mean you can potentially avoid encounters if you plan ahead enough.

Ryuuga

Banned
At work on my way home thinking about how long my revenge list will be. Best advice is to turn in as much SPlitihum as possible to before logging off. I didn't deploy any defenders because it doesn't make sense unless I can make them beefy as higher grade fighters. The AI is brain dead but multiple well armored fighters will put anyone at risk.

Just started today. It's so goddamn good! Swery's take on Souls.
I can see myself sinking many hours into it, one of the best F2Ps I have ever played.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

I don't understand how people are not seeing the Soulsborne connections here. It's definitely more borne than souls but it's there. From the similar control scheme, the difficulty, the punishment for death. It's not a direct 1:1 copy but it's a very obvious inspiration for this game.

I don't understand how people are not seeing the Soulsborne connections here. It's definitely more borne than souls but it's there. From the similar control scheme, the difficulty, the punishment for death. It's not a direct 1:1 copy but it's a very obvious inspiration for this game.

I don't think you're getting the joke

I'm just doing first TDM, I killed two dudes and two machines and theres nothing left to do.

I went to the train and it said bring back a hunter but there's no one here?

Has my game bugged or am I missing something?

Mandelbo

I'm just doing first TDM, I killed two dudes and two machines and theres nothing left to do.

I went to the train and it said bring back a hunter but there's no one here?

Has my game bugged or am I missing something?

One of the fighters you killed should be in a "near-death state" on the floor somewhere in the waiting room. You need to pick them up and carry them onto the train.

One of the fighters you killed should be in a "near-death state" on the floor somewhere in the waiting room. You need to pick them up and carry them onto the train.

He was outside he fighting room half in and half out of a pillar due to collision bug, couldn't see name tag until I picked him up hahaha

Thanks guys!

BigEmil

hmm starting to think putting this game as FTP will be a big mistake for them.

At €19.99 this game would still be worth it. I hope they make some money off this
On console maybe, on PC however FTP games do extremely well I think they should port this to Steam. Console fanbase are too pessimistic and unsupportive with FTP it won't be successful for them on PS4 this should'nt have been exclusive, big mistake for them.

Stupid question but when I exit the elevator which direction should I go? I never know haha

Using the map by pressing down didn't help at all because both directions are equally as blank

Top Bottom