• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Reloading doesn't work for other people right? I'm not the only one I hope. R1/L1+X never works.

I was watching a bloke yesterday who was reloading like a champ and pretty much solely using an assault rifle for hours. I think there may be a knack to the button presses as some people don't seem to be able to do it consistently though.

For new page:
How in the hell do you rank up, played for 4-5 hours at least and still says 1 next to my health bar.
I thought the number in the square box next to your life bar was the number of "Rage" attacks you had?
To rank up you kill bosses which get you access to higher grade bodies. To level up there's a machine in your hub that does it.

I was watching a bloke yesterday who was reloading like a champ and pretty much solely using an assault rifle for hours. I think there may be a knack to the button presses as some people don't seem to be able to do it consistently though.

For new page:

I thought the number in the square box next to your life bar was the number of "Rage" attacks you had?
To rank up you kill bosses which get you access to higher grade bodies. To level up there's a machine in your hub that does it.

Edit. I'm an idiot finally figured it out, you have to hold X then press the shoulder button. That's not what it says in the manual/message.

Floex

Someone came and destroyed my base :(

So what is the best defensive for this? Should I die and a few times to store characters in the freezer so they can defend the base?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

So what is the best defensive for this? Should I die and a few times to store characters in the freezer so they can defend the base?

Level up your guys, get them good gear and set them on defense. That's the best way.

Honestly it's pointless until you have like 5+ high level people with high level equipment
aka machetes
to defend.

Otherwise, just spend all your resources and don't horde them so no one raids you.

Edit. I'm an idiot finally figured it out, you have to hold X then press the shoulder button. That's not what it says in the manual/message.

Yay! :) From what i've seen in streamchats "Guns are OP!" but the downside is you have to find blueprints for ammo, i think, so they can be a pain to have as a main weapon.

You buy fighters in the freezer. Level them up, gear them up, then set them to defense through Tetsuo.

Who the hell are all these orange YTMK@______ guys. They are frequent and so damn geared that I'm just getting annoyed, they eat through resources. If one catches me off guard, they can do 3/4th of my health in one it even fully armored and with a char 1000+ health.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Who the hell are all these orange YTMK@______ guys. They are frequent and so damn geared that I'm just getting annoyed, they eat through resources. If one catches me off guard, they can do 3/4th of my health in one it even fully armored and with a char 1000+ health.
They are preset Cpu haters I think

hbkdx12

I really want to like you game but you're making things very difficult

The stun locking that can happen in this game is intense. The hardest thing i've encountered outside of haters is 2 enemies, one of which who has a sawblade. That shit will stun lock you into infinity. Getting mobbed by multiple enemies is extremely lethal and that's fine. i've grown to respect that but the stun lock on some of these weapons is crazy

The haters are the thing that i think is going to break this game for me. My level 5 character ran into a level 25 hater and i literally got OHKO'd with the dudes fists. It was literally some fists of the northstar stuff. Got hit with one punch, blood flew everywhere, im dead. That's not the worst part.

I have a bunch of resources and blueprints on me so i decide to revive myself in fear that i would lose everything (although it seems that you can salvage dead characters at the freezer and bring them back with all their equipment for some coins) I revive and get OHKO'd again. Fine. I wait a couple of seconds for the hater to run off. I revive again and there's an entryway that leads into the rest of the level (this encounter is happening right off the escalator i just came up on) I slowly approach the entryway and i can see the hater waiting on the side of the entryway just standing there. So let me get this straight, this otherwise OP character that can literally kill me in one hit is standing in the blindspot of the entryway i need to go through in order to advance the level? This is not fair. This is not fun. I died and revived to this hater 2 more times and after every death he'd just run back to this blind spot and wait for me. It's not like i can just run past him and through the rest of the area because i'm just going to draw aggro from every single thing i pass by so I spent the rest of the run backtracking and going back down escalators to get back to the waiting room to secure my resources.

IMO, one or two things should happen with these haters. Either there should be some kind of proper matchmaking or something that makes it so that you're not pitted against enemies that are literally 5x or 6x your own level and/or if you die to a hater, that hater runs off and disappears from that level/area so that if you do revive you're not potentially finding yourself running into a wall and wasting precious resources over and over again.

shmoglish

15288589_10211618124797112_4974020169605707113_o.jpg

Ok

Sadly I didnt save the clip. Moving was so funny

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think I enjoyed what I played last night, I somehow managed to kill a level 42 hater with my level 8 guys, was hard as fuck though. Got loads of those blue souls? No idea what to do with them yet!

I then died because I got stunlocked to death by 2 enemies and a level 30 hater, fighting more than 2 enemies at once is so hard lol.

The only thing I wish is this was released for PC, as the frame rate seems quite bad and loading times are awful on the PS4, I will stick with it a bit longer though as it's quite enjoyable.

skynidas

Banned
So... I still can't find a way past level 12. I've officially explored all paths in the lower tower and none has lead me there.

All locked up top or the wheel is on the other side of a gate with stairs leading up.

Did you try going from Ukongaoka (12FL) to Maka-Tsutsumi (11FL) using the blue stairs? There might be a mid-boss waiting for you if you do that route that might open other stuff.

Mandelbo

So... I still can't find a way past level 12. I've officially explored all paths in the lower tower and none has lead me there.

All locked up top or the wheel is on the other side of a gate with stairs leading up.

You need to go up to level 13, then back down to level 12 Ukongaoka, then down again to Maka-Tsutsumi. There's a boss in a gated off area that you have to beat there in order to unlock the other doors.

Did you try going from Ukongaoka (12FL) to Maka-Tsutsumi (11FL) using the blue stairs? There might be a mid-boss waiting for you if you do that route that might open other stuff.

You need to go up to level 13, then back down to level 12 Ukongaoka, then down again to Maka-Tsutsumi. There's a boss in a gated off area that you have to beat there in order to unlock the other doors.

Well I feel like a fool. Thanks.

That was annoying the knifes I have didn't really work very well as they just kept missing because of the hitbox. Either that or it just was nearly always invulnerable. Oh well it's dead.

delSai

Took my Level 1 Collector into the tower to get some health items. I somehow ended up on Floor 6, fighting some high level Haters and i still managed to make it out alive. Whew.

Does the floor get repopulated with enemies if I take an elevator down to the waiting room, and then return to the dungeon?

Another question: the dungeons are randomly generated? If I buy another fighter and use him, I can continue climbing from where the previous fighter left? Or each fighter have his own "dungeon"?

Really digging this game, and I am even impressed that this one has Brazilian Portuguese subtitles and is available on the Brazilian psn, even if the faq page states that this game is not available here.

I've killed the first mid-boss and unlocked the online part of the game. I suppose this is similar to the FOBs invasions from MGSV in the sense that you gain points when you invade (TDM points) and you gain TDM Rank, which lets you invade people of similar ranks. So if you invade a lot, probably you will end being invaded a lot because of the higher TDM Rank? If it is the case, I'm going to try to minimize my invasions, only one succesful each two days to have always one prisoner generating SPLithium. And always have my maximun capacity of fighters minus one guarding my Waiting Room, fully decked (or at least everything I can) in gear bought from the shop.

skynidas

Banned
Does the floor get repopulated with enemies if I take an elevator down to the waiting room, and then return to the dungeon?

Another question: the dungeons are randomly generated? If I buy another fighter and use him, I can continue climbing from where the previous fighter left? Or each fighter have his own "dungeon"?

Really digging this game, and I am even impressed that this one has Brazilian Portuguese subtitles and is available on the Brazilian psn, even if the faq page states that this game is not available here.

Yes, the floor gets repopulated if you take the elevator down to the waiting room.

And yea, if you buy another fighter and use him you can continue from where the previous fighter left.

I've killed the first mid-boss and unlocked the online part of the game. I suppose this is similar to the FOBs invasions from MGSV in the sense that you gain points when you invade (TDM points) and you gain TDM Rank, which lets you invade people of similar ranks. So if you invade a lot, probably you will end being invaded a lot because of the higher TDM Rank? If it is the case, I'm going to try to minimize my invasions, only one succesful each two days to have always one prisoner generating SPLithium. And always have my maximun capacity of fighters minus one guarding my Waiting Room, fully decked (or at least everything I can) in gear bought from the shop.

Yep, if you invade a lot you will higher TDM Rank and you will be more visible in the invasion lists.

Welp. I can't proceed any futher in the game.

I defeated the second boss on the 20th floor which i though would unlock grade 4 fighters but it didn't. I made it to the first mid boss on floor 23 but theres no way that i can deafeat it with my grade 3 guy. I do next to no damage. It would take half an hour to beat it.
Yeah I ran into this last night as well. Best I can tell, since we can't get mats for the new weapons yet (I suspect the midboss will drop what we need), we're supposed to go into that battle geared up in crap we found. But no one is dropping anything good for me. It's rough and a hell of a difficulty spike

It's not up in all EU. Several countries like Netherlands and Sweden haven't gotten it yet, probably because the storefronts haven't been localized.

Still not out here. Starting to get annoying. Trailer got me hyped, but after checking 3 times, while my game time is limited, is starting to let the hype dwindle down fast.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Wait if you get raided they can take from you:

Death Coins?
Stuff in storage?
Yet unclaimed gifts/login-bonuses?
Anything else?

If yes to all, is there anything they CAN'T steal when invading?

Death Coins?
Stuff in storage?
Anything else?

Just coins and SPLithium. If you have someone locked up in the bathroom then they can be rescued as well.

Death Coins?
Stuff in storage?
Anything else?

If you have defenders set up, there is a chance a raider can knock them out and kidnap them. You either have to go raid the jerk back to rescue them, hope someone else raids him, or pay the ransom.

If people are having trouble with haters and multiple enemy pulls remember the rage move for the firework and gun. The firework breaks after using it and it can hurt you if it is shot too close. Buzzsaw also locks someone in histun for a bit to handle the other guy or land a full combo, it also only costs 1 rage.

Also remember you can throw shrooms, and you can cook things with the firework, it is important to utilize everything at you disposal if you are having issue.

Stomping rats can be much more useful than using them to eat. They spawn shrooms that restore rage when stomp and having that to take out tough enemies will help a lot.

Ryuuga

Banned
1. Raid high-value bases
2. Burn most of what you have on you on various upgrades, goods etc.,
3. Log off and go to work.

Come at me people, you'll be spending more to raid than you'll earn.

I like a lot of things about this game.. the humor, the goofy shit, basically that whole vibe, but I'm dying constantly, the combat is a bit sluggish and frankly I'm afraid I might simply be wasting my time. Haven't progressed in days now.

Anyone mess around with the hockey stick? I bought the blueprint from the secret shop, and will probably work towards maxing that out after I finish maxing out the bat.

delSai

Anyone mess around with the hockey stick? I bought the blueprint from the secret shop, and will probably work towards maxing that out after I finish maxing out the bat.
Unless there are multiple hockey sticks, it's a great weapon. I prefer it over the pickaxe.

janoDX

1. Raid high-value bases
2. Burn most of what you have on you on various upgrades, goods etc.,
3. Log off and go to work.

Come at me people, you'll be spending more to raid than you'll earn.

Same strategy. I can win 20k on the tower in 10 minutes so I wasted al resources and I can't wait to find people who go ro raid my base and find 30 gold and 50 souls only.

Spent a lot of time leveling up soldiers to keep an eye on my Waiting Room while I'm at work. I fully expect to find them ALL WELL AND NOT CAPTURED WHEN I GET HOME.

I love this game.

MomoMura

Finally beat lvl 6 Jin-Die. Was super easy because my gear is so overleveled. Went up two floors trying to find an elevator, hoping so I wouldn't have to fight her again and make that climb

When I reach a set of stairs I get stuck in a room fighting Mocs and then a lvl 71 hater practically one shot me :( wtf

They should make elevators easily accessible after a boss fight

Not at all. Biggest vibe to me is from Shin Megami Tensei.

Ok! so it's not just me. The Hated arcade gives me a huge Stray Sheep feeling.

I'm enjoying my day express pass, using the Royal elevator is definitely a plus for me. I don't know what else you get with the express pass, but I might just buy them in the future for the elevator alone.

GodofWine

if you're afk for an hour on the waiting room you can get raided,

I have a wonky Ds4 that will always move to the right very very slowly...hmmmmm

(I haven't even unlock the raids yet..Im going very slowly! and maxing my small team of low level guys to alleviate the anxiety of losing 'my one good fighter')

Ok! so it's not just me. The Hated arcade gives me a huge Stray Sheep feeling.

I'm enjoying my day express pass, using the Royal elevator is definitely a plus for me. I don't know what else you get with the express pass, but I might just buy them in the future for the elevator alone.

You also get like 10 more character storage slots! That's reason enough for me to do the monthly thing whenever it goes up for sale.

dukebluto

Neo Member
I liked it (loving the style) but I just couldn't stand the pseudo pvp mechanics... griding and grinding in the same corridors over and over again to level up fighters to defend your base is annoying to say the least. I'd rather just explore the tower, which cannot be done freely because you could be attacked... and the hater mechanics is broken imho. Maybe I'll come back when these issues are addressed, but as of now its too boring/punishing/frustrating

I liked it (loving the style) but I just couldn't stand the pseudo pvp mechanics... griding and grinding in the same corridors over and over again to level up fighters to defend your base is annoying to say the least. I'd rather just explore the tower, which cannot be done freely because you could be attacked... and the hater mechanics is broken imho. Maybe I'll come back when these issues are addressed, but as of now its too boring/punishing/frustrating

Yeah it's a shame but ive basically resigned myself to waiting for people to put up YouTube videos of the cool stuff.

I can't bring myself to stop playing entirely but without grinding or dropping money a lot I doubt progress can go very far.

Im in a weird limbo where I want to play more but literally can't get anywhere with it haha. Im clearly just not good enough but I just don't enjoy the grind I would have to do to make up for my lack of skill enough to go through with that route either

I keep a revolver around for Haters, that seems to do the trick. (I haven't encountered one that was crazy higher level than me yet, though.) Beat the first mid boss last night, around what floor do I get upgraded characters? My current guy is maxed out in all stats.

Top Bottom