• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

I really have to work on reviews for other stuff, but this game keeps dragging me back.

My base got raided a few times. One of my defenders even got captured. Thankfully a random player rescued her. Apparently there's an extra bonus for performing rescue missions. I've been trying to do one for awhile now, but no luck.

Still looking for plans for a rank 2 machete. I've noticed that quite a few Haters are using them, and it's easy to see why. Aside from the insane damage, they have a lot of reach and are fairly swift.

Hope everyone is upgrading all equipment they find. Whenever something is upgraded four times, the next tier is unlocked.

Found the shop on the 9th floor and got jumped by a Hater. I survived, but holy shit that was nervewracking. The game knows where to put Haters for the maximum amount of stress.

Edit: Oh, apparently the shop moves every time you turn off the game. I guess I should go get the materials I need from it

Okay I was fine with haters when it was only one per floor. But I just had to deal with 3.. 3 fucking lvl 40+ haters. Like seriously?

They need to figure out a better way for those.

But other than that I'm still loving it.

"I have 8 frames to talk. But have some tips to land that Ultra Combo."

I just found out that if you lock on and shoot a beast with a firework, it will grill it for you. That is great, it adds to the utility and is worth picking up every now and then since a lot of enemies use them, so go grill some food while running around.

Also taunt is L1+R1, just found that out for shits and giggles.

Okay I was fine with haters when it was only one per floor. But I just had to deal with 3.. 3 fucking lvl 40+ haters. Like seriously?

They need to figure out a better way for those.

But other than that I'm still loving it.

Highest level hater I met was a lvl51. Someone also sent a hater on an expedition on me, I should have wrote his name down to raid him later. But it gets kind of scarier later because the higher level they are, the smarter the haters seems to play. They will go for more parries and some would use their rage move, which I don't know if they have to build it up like you do, but it is scary to get hit by the buzz saw rage move because you are eating a full combo off it.

Demoskinos

"I have 8 frames to talk. Bit have some tips to land that Ultra Combo."

I just found out that if you lock on and shoot a beast with a firework, it will grill it for you. That is great, it adds to the utility and is worth picking up every now and then since a lot of enemies use them to grill some food while running around.

Also taunt is L1+R1, just found that out for shits and giggles.

I just found out about the fireworks thing as well. SUPER useful for those damn snails that spew toxic gas. Don't eve have to get near em' just fry em' and you disable them plus cook yourself a tasty treat!

ZangBa

What makes the login box appear? Do I have to complete a floor? I didn't have much time to play the last couple of days, and when I logged on to check, I never saw a box.

And why won't these quests ever complete? I know for sure I killed everyone with a hammer on the first floor.

Also this is a really important question, how do I shuffle the music? After browsing the radio a day or two ago, it now only plays the song I set on repeat. The waiting room music is so good, but I hate that I have to go in and out to listen to a new song when one ends.

What makes the login box appear? Do I have to complete a floor? I didn't have much time to play the last couple of days, and when I logged on to check, I never saw a box.

And why won't these quests ever complete? I know for sure I killed everyone with a hammer on the first floor.

The login in box usually appears after I open it then come back after playing like coming back through the elevator.

The quests to kill everyone on a floor seem iffy, people think it might be because the haters are killing some of the enemies. It takes me some tries to complete them, so I guess rushing and trying to kill all the haters in the level would be the way to do it.

i think 000 is the shuffle station, the others are just the individual tracks

Thanks

hear4beer

Also this is a really important question, how do I shuffle the music? After browsing the radio a day or two ago, it now only plays the song I set on repeat. The waiting room music is so good, but I hate that I have to go in and out to listen to a new song when one ends.

i think 000 is the shuffle station, the others are just the individual tracks

Are you talking about the one near the stairs? Usually if i leave the waiting room and come back it'll do the animation for the new box. Doing a raid or a floor.

I know some quests are not working properly. I had to figure out I had to go back to the girl to actually get the rewards

ZangBa

The login in box usually appears after I open it then come back after playing like coming back through the elevator.

The quests to kill everyone on a floor seem iffy, people think it might be because the haters are killing some of the enemies. It takes me some tries to complete them, so I guess rushing and trying to kill all the haters in the level would be the way to do it.

Ok, I figured as much. Thanks.

I think the hater thing might make sense. I wouldn't be surprised if it was canceled just by enemies taking damage from haters using different weapon types, and vice versa.

I didn't know snails re-emitted their poison when you threw them. Thanks to my poison = healing decal, it's basically free (slow) healing as long as I'm not in a rush. Though I guess your health slowly regenerates anyway so whatever. Just faster!

https://twitter.com/handwander/status/806368178758623234

That actually seems really useful. Like throw it down in a boss fight, when you take some damage pass through it every now and then. It seems less risky and faster than other ways, like the life leech decal.

decisions

Totally gonna download this tomorrow based soley on the fact that that it has a good chunk of the Japanese punk scene in it. Fucking Back Lift in a videogame, that's crazy. One of the best skatepunk bands ever.

Loving the impressions I'm reading on here.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
That actually seems really useful. Like throw it down in a boss fight, when you take some damage pass through it every now and then. It seems less risky and faster than other ways, like the life leech decal.

Yeah haven't tried it with a boss area yet, but I tried it in a couple of those circular trap rooms.

The added benefit is if a hater spawns and runs into the poison, they'll get sick.

bronk

Banned
Having fun with the game. Its right up my alley. The load times are atrocious though. Getting some 999 vibes with music too.

CrazyHal

Welp. I can't proceed any futher in the game.

I defeated the second boss on the 20th floor which i though would unlock grade 4 fighters but it didn't. I made it to the first mid boss on floor 23 but theres no way that i can deafeat it with my grade 3 guy. I do next to no damage. It would take half an hour to beat it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey Hawkian! Not really from what I've played so far. It seems to be extremelly generous, which I admit is almost disconcerting and I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. In any case what I've played so far is so much more fun than it has any right to be, and I wholeheartedly recommend it even if it was only for that part.
Now that's a ringing endorsement. Thanks Weltall!

I'll have to delete some stuff to make room for this oddity.

Has anyone figured out if this game has 4K and or HDR support on PS4 Pro?
HDR, definitely not. 4k, probably not. There are no options for it and it doesn't look as sharp as other games that do 4K but even if it was I think it'd be hard to tell in this game?

It's also free, so give it a shot if you have a Pro/4K TV.

ActWan

Que?

Also think this game is really Diablo rather than Dark Souls init.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

I always get their names mixed up, sorry

Ploid 3.0

Hey guys! I hope this is OK to post here. If not just let me know and I'll edit my post. I wanted to share some photos from PSX this past weekend! I was the Kiwako cosplayer, and I made 5 costumes in total to promote LET IT DIE (Uncle Death and the Jackals).
This was a big project I worked on with GungHo and had a blast doing it!

Here's our group at the amazing booth setup we had. The detail was pretty awesome.
[i img]

It's nice to have wrapped up such a large workload and now I can relax with some gaming. I'm really enjoying it so far!

Amazing work on the booth. I have only been playing the game for 2 days and seeing the fighters in real life is amazing. This game!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys! I hope this is OK to post here. If not just let me know and I'll edit my post. I wanted to share some photos from PSX this past weekend! I was the Kiwako cosplayer, and I made 5 costumes in total to promote LET IT DIE (Uncle Death and the Jackals).
This was a big project I worked on with GungHo and had a blast doing it!

Here's our group at the amazing booth setup we had. The detail was pretty awesome.
L82lxjn.jpg

Fi6cNBo.jpg

2gsANGL.jpg

Here's me with Shin-san, the game's director.
r5qSI7H.jpg

It's nice to have wrapped up such a large workload and now I can relax with some gaming. I'm really enjoying it so far!

Those costumes and that set are awesome. Must have been a huge amount of work, so well done and congrats!

Looking forward to playing more LID tonight. Feels like a guilty pleasure (Madworld), but also strangely satisfying (probably the Diablo-style progress/looting, as someone mentioned). I like the idea behind weapon mastery; using fists isn't just a tactical necessity to save weapons, but it's also benefiting you in the medium-long term.

does anyone know if the mushroom magistrate's song will play on the radio or do they know the name of the song?

How in the hell do you rank up, played for 4-5 hours at least and still says 1 next to my health bar.

That's not a ranking, that's your rage bar. It builds when you kill enemies from 1-3. You go back to base and level up using the floating brain.

If you're missing these things you need to be reading your mail.

Is there a breakdown somewhere of the scaling for each fighter type? It doesn't really tell you much. I leveled a skill fighter level 2 and he has like 400 health. It's ridiculous compared to something like the all arounder or collector who has 1k health and barely falls behind in other skills.

Just to be clear everyone else here has like 1-3 orange haters that are near "max" level (30, then once I got level 2 they started to be like 45-50) per floor? They all seemed to be names YYMK@something/

Harlock

The combat is kind of Bloodborn, with animaton time, know when to dodge, attack. I just wish the beginning was less talk and the interface better.

derFeef

Looking forward to this when I get my PS4 in January... but will this be a problem? Like joining in late and get oneshotted by high level haters and such. (I have not fully grasped the mechanics yet).

Looking forward to this when I get my PS4 in January... but will this be a problem? Like joining in late and get oneshotted by high level haters and such. (I have not fully grasped the mechanics yet).

I really have no idea, I always seem to be fighting "max" level haters for my area anyway (30 consistently at at rank 1 char and 40-50 as a rank 2 char). As long as you keep on your toes, use stealth and mushrooms they aren't a big deal.

Man this game is too good. I'm supposed to be finishing FFXV so I can play The Last Guardian but I just can't put it down. Any news on how well this game is doing? I hope it's crazy successful because it really deserves it; it's incredibly fun and the F2P aspects are more fair and generous than any other F2P game I've ever seen. On the other hand, I hope that doesn't mean Grasshopper is stuck doing free to play games for life if it is as successful as I'm hoping.

Totally gonna download this tomorrow based soley on the fact that that it has a good chunk of the Japanese punk scene in it. Fucking Back Lift in a videogame, that's crazy. One of the best skatepunk bands ever.

Loving the impressions I'm reading on here.
I have no idea who any of the artists are on this game but the soundtrack is A1.

Kudo

Is there some NPC that unlocks after TDM (Tetsuo) later in the game? Uncle Death says in the emails that fairy-like character or something like that, but I haven't met anyone yet.

How in the hell do you rank up, played for 4-5 hours at least and still says 1 next to my health bar.

I thought the number in the square box next to your life bar was the number of "Rage" attacks you had?

To rank up you kill bosses which get you access to higher grade bodies. To level up there's a machine in your hub that does it.

Top Bottom