• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Game is the shit, reminds of those quirky and clunky underrated gems that we got during the ps2 era that we don't see anymore.

Sidon

Think it's pretty stupid this is only out in a few countries in Europe, with a 'possibly for you in that other pleb country in the future, now fuck off' tone in their FAQ on the website.

It's like 2016, not 1999.

Oh well.

Game is the shit, reminds of those quirky and clunky underrated gems that we got during the ps2 era that we don't see anymore.

This is a perfect explanation for why this game makes me feel so youthful and excited! It makes no pretense on being perfect, it has scuffs on the veneer all over the place, but I can't help but love it.

Hey guys! I hope this is OK to post here. If not just let me know and I'll edit my post. I wanted to share some photos from PSX this past weekend! I was the Kiwako cosplayer, and I made 5 costumes in total to promote LET IT DIE (Uncle Death and the Jackals).
This was a big project I worked on with GungHo and had a blast doing it!

Here's our group at the amazing booth setup we had. The detail was pretty awesome.
L82lxjn.jpg

Fi6cNBo.jpg

2gsANGL.jpg

Here's me with Shin-san, the game's director.
r5qSI7H.jpg

It's nice to have wrapped up such a large workload and now I can relax with some gaming. I'm really enjoying it so far!

Hey guys! I hope this is OK to post here. If not just let me know and I'll edit my post. I wanted to share some photos from PSX this past weekend! I was the Kiwako cosplayer, and I made 5 costumes in total to promote LET IT DIE (Uncle Death and the Jackals).

Here's our group at the amazing booth setup we had. The detail was pretty awesome.
L82lxjn.jpg

Fi6cNBo.jpg

2gsANGL.jpg

r5qSI7H.jpg

It's nice to have wrapped up such a large workload and now I can relax with some gaming. I'm really enjoying it so far!
whoa! the Let It Die booth was easily one of the best there and i'm not sure if I would have even tried this game if it wasn't for the booth at PSX.

delSai

Man, that Let it Die booth seems awesome. Great Pictures, thanks for sharing!

Is there a way to quick return to a waiting room or do I need to find a lift?

The lift is the fastest way, you could go back down the escalator, but that will obviously take more time.

Kalentan

Has anyone else been using all of their Death Metals for bank storage? I have 110 spots now and I'm still unsure if that is enough. I know they said the max you can get is 500.

Also I really hope the game gets content updates often. I know that may seem like a weird worry since the game just launched Saturday but if there is really only 40 floors or so... That seems like there little to no 'end game'. At least at the moment. For all we know there is more up there.

The Souls games are my favorite series of all time and I've played every one starting with Demon's Souls from the day it dropped, but I have to admit the first hour of this game was better than Dark Souls 3's first hour.

Hope it keeps it up. Also wondering why it's FTP and not just $20.

Z3M0G

This game has FANTASTIC vita remote play controls!

sad that it needs to be pointed out when it actually happens...

SilentRob

So how far would you guys say should I go with my first char until I switch over to another one? Just play through Level 10, then put my 1-star-char in storage and change to a 2-star-char?

When raiding is there a way to destroy a base and capture someone at the same time? I knocked out the dude, destroyed the base and the screen faded to black and I didn't get the guy. Do I need to take him to the train first?

When raiding is there a way to destroy a base and capture someone at the same time? I knocked out the dude, destroyed the base and the screen faded to black and I didn't get the guy. Do I need to take him to the train first?
hm, i destroyed the base then picked the dude up on my tutorial run. i did pick him up then drop him before destroying the base though.

BBboy20

L82lxjn.jpg

Fi6cNBo.jpg

2gsANGL.jpg

r5qSI7H.jpg

Having Jessie Pridemore involved was super cool.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
50% damage (press down on the dpad to see the current damage % you've done to their waiting room) counts as a win. So do enough damage, and then bring the captive to the train. If you completely destroy the bank, raid will often end there.

Levels 11+ feel like a modern Manhunt to me with all the stealthing I'm doing. I'm loving it.

Yeah. The diversity in approaching battles is awesome. The diversity in weapons is great as well. Some feel like garbage until you level them up (looking at you, fireworks and crossbow). Have already put 40 hours in. Haha.

And there goes the servers again. Damn it. It was so stable today and yesterday.

Has anyone ran into any gear with requirements other than strength or HP? I don't even know what Dexterity and Vitality even contribute to.

Edit: Now I'm seeing items with DEX requirements.

Lucent

Yeah. The diversity in approaching battles is awesome. The diversity in weapons is great as well. Some feel like garbage until you level them up (looking at you, fireworks and crossbow). Have already put 40 hours in. Haha.

And there goes the servers again. Damn it. It was so stable today and yesterday.

Has anyone ran into any gear with requirements other than strength or HP? I don't even know what Dexterity and Vitality even contribute to.

Vit is defense. Dex is guns. Pretty sure it's in one of the emails

Most the firearms and knife weapons I've seen.

So how far would you guys say should I go with my first char until I switch over to another one? Just play through Level 10, then put my 1-star-char in storage and change to a 2-star-char?

Yeah i finished up until level 11 then switched to a 2 star and grinded to max him out. Ill probably start using 2 stars for moving up the floors and my one stars for defending the waiting room

Yeah i finished up until level 11 then switched to a 2 star and grinded to max him out. Ill probably start using 2 stars for moving up the floors and my one stars for defending the waiting room

I went on with my 25 guys, got attacked by multiple 50 haters and stuff. All good. Random Machete guy, just absolutely ripped me to shreds. 250 with 1 hit.

Dubz

Just played the tutorial into the late title card. Is this game as cool as the intro, or does it fall apart. That was some of the coolest music and general vibe of a game I've experienced in a while.

Also what's the F2P hook? Gear? Is it at all P2W?

Just played the tutorial into the late title card. Is this game as cool as the intro, or does it fall apart. That was some of the coolest music and general vibe of a game I've experienced in a while.

I've enjoyed the game all throughout so far. Just hit level 10.
The f2p aspects are more for convenience. When you die you can use premium currency to revive at the spot. It also gives you more storage space, instant armor/weapon research, and free lift rides.

Things later get quite expensive, and there's a lot of stuff that would be easier to do if you pay. But honestly it's quite fair. This is F2P done right. I'll pay for something later just because I'm enjoying it so much.

^ so far here one floors 15 and below it's been convenience.

Oh btw, for whatever reason I did the hammer all enemies on Ikagawa and all three of the limit quests popped that I couldn't complete!

Uh, did anyone else's floor plan change? Wanoki switched from the right to the left, and 6 floor subsections I'd previously explored no longer exist. A bunch of other sections have moved around too.

Uh, did anyone else's floor plan change? Wanoki switched from the right to the left, and 6 floor subsections I'd previously explored no longer exist. A bunch of other sections have moved around too.

whoa you're right, I had all of the right side floors explored yesterday. Oh man, now I have to reveal all that cuz I'm a damn completionist

Maybe the tower will change every week?

Am I crazy? Why can't I figure out how to:

1) change the radio station

2) start a new character
1. Radio station cant be changed until you defeat the first midboss on floor 3
2. Go to your Fighter Freezer (the thing that looks like a freezer) and then manage your dudes from there

Johndoey

Banned
I have no idea how to take on more than two enemies at a time, I end up running in a circle and getting the to hit each other which doesn't seem like how I should be doing this.

I have no idea how to take on more than two enemies at a time, I end up running in a circle and getting the to hit each other which doesn't seem like how I should be doing this.
Make use of rolls and just get some hits in. Also, some weapons have great AoE Rage attacks, like the Red Hot Iron

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Had no idea this was going to be F2P and went in totally blind.

So far it's pretty cool! I've only just gone back to the Waiting Room at the very first elevator, but I already feel its hooks sinking in. Can't tell if it'll have lasting appeal, but the idea of more gnarly looking gear is pretty appealing, especially if that first "catalogue" collectible you pick up is any indication.

whoa you're right, I had all of the right side floors explored yesterday. Oh man, now I have to reveal all that cuz I'm a damn completionist

Maybe the tower will change every week?
I had the same. Just checked out the paths, those right side floors that went high up don't exist. Looks like the layout got a reworking in general.

Unless this is just a feature of the mysterious tower. Where's Mother Barbs when you need her?

Hamster0

I've found that if you had a large group against you, and if you have the cooked sleepy mushrooms, it helps a lot to control them. I think it keeps then sleeping until you hit them and you can go behind them you can suplex then stomp them one by one.

do they ever explain what the express pass does? i want to give money to the devs but the skulls are not useful to me.

Top Bottom