• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

So are you able to out run them? Are you able to see them from a distance and just try to avoid them? The one that killed me spawned directly in front of me at a dead end so there was nothing i could do

I was able to escape from the only one I've encountered. I ran back through the area I had already cleared and escaped via the escalator. It was pretty harrowing.

More cumbersome then this shit? Ok.

It's just shitty design.

I don't see how it's shitty design? It's a complex game, all buttons mapped are useful. They did a good job. Sorry you have to play on a DS3 as it obviously was intended for the DS4, hence the game being a PS4 exclusive.

Ah ok that makes sense. I don't think they explicitly said it in the intro video. Uncle death just mentions they come for the dead bodies and that you'd need a lot of luck if you were to try to fight them meaning dont lol

So are you able to out run them? Are you able to see them from a distance and just try to avoid them? The one that killed me spawned directly in front of me at a dead end so there was nothing i could do
I think you can, unless you get shot in the back by the ranged guy. They also don't automatically see you. The first time I encountered one, he spawned in front of me, but facing away. He started walking in the direction I needed to go, so I tailed him while crouching.

After a while he teleported out, and I ran for it, but before I could get away, another two teleported in. I think two anyway, I turned tail and ran, almost made it to the escalator, but got gunned down.

Oh, and looking at your inventory or the Rolodex does not stop the jackal timer. Second run in was after I finished a hunt for a stamp machine. I was reading the "congratulations, you got five stamps" email, and the yoyo woman killed me while I still had the other screen up.

Can someone remind me what floors to find Transparangus (the cloak shroom)? Having difficulty finding any atm
Pretty sure the couple I found were on 11 and 12.

Opto

Banned
I'm so used to the right side of the track pad being a menu item I accidentally eat same mushroom I shouldn't :/

hey so what's up with one of my elevators not working? I can't remember which floor I found it on (it's either the second or third one) but every time I try to use it the floor selection menu pops up on screen and gives me no options. I've also noticed that there's no golden elevator right next to this like all the other ones have.

Ran into a Jackal...

Level 200 and if you die to them (I did ofcourse) you get a special death scene and they pretty much vaporize your character.

You do not get an option to buy your way out of death when this happens.

RIP.

Awesome. Fucking terrifying, but awesome.

I'm so used to the right side of the track pad being a menu item I accidentally eat same mushroom I shouldn't :/
I've done this as well. Luckily it was only a decoy bomb that I ate. My character just barfed up the decoy. Could have been a lot worse if it was something lethal.

ughhh the exact same thing happened to me last night. I was trying to THROW one of the explosive mushrooms, but I accidentally ate it and killed myself.

hey so what's up with one of my elevators not working? I can't remember which floor I found it on (it's either the second or third one) but every time I try to use it the floor selection menu pops up on screen and gives me no options. I've also noticed that there's no golden elevator right next to this like all the other ones have.

I think that elevator is on a completely different route than the main one, and since you haven't discovered any other stops for it, there's nowhere to go.

Assuming you mean the 3rd floor elevator on Wanoki. I'm guessing it goes to some way higher floor that the central elevator doesn't go to.

I think that elevator is on a completely different route than the main one, and since you haven't discovered any other stops for it, there's nowhere to go.

Assuming you mean the 3rd floor elevator on Wanoki. I'm guessing it goes to some way higher floor that the central elevator doesn't go to.

Dang, I was under the impression that all elevators could take you to each floor you had activated the elevator on.

oh well

Mandelbo

Dang, I was under the impression that all elevators could take you to each floor you had activated the elevator on.

oh well

Yeah, you can see on the floor map that all the floors that the main elevator runs through are all in a straight line in the middle. The elevator that starts at Wanoki is a completely separate line.

saturnine

No, all d-pad slots are reserved for item management/weapon & target switching. L1 & R1 are saved for your special attacks you get from leveling weapon classes up. Don't see what other buttons could be used for that, honestly.

They could put the map on the touchpad (instead of down d-pad), switch lock-on with right stick like in Souls (instead of up d-pad) and then use down d-pad to switch between items, up d-pad to throw, and triangle for using items. Don't think that one is used outside of contextual actions.

They could put the map on the touchpad (instead of down d-pad), switch lock-on with right stick like in Souls (instead of up d-pad) and then use down d-pad to switch between items, up d-pad to throw, and triangle for using items. Don't think that one is used outside of contextual actions.

That would be fine, though it still wouldn't fix the poster's issues, as they're using a DS3. There's no way to fit all of the controls in without using the touchpad.

Bebpo

Banned
Now that it's been a few days. I really liked the first few hours I put into this. Like, more than TLG even. I'm feeling pretty down to play this and I wouldn't even mind spending some $$$ since it'd be a game I'd buy anyways.

But as someone kinda new to F2P games, does Let It Die have an ending you can reach right now? Like is it a complete game? Or is it something that they're going to keep growing the tower over time to keep you playing?

Skrams

It's nice having a fun run picking up millions of blueprints and resources you actually need and want. I might need to invest in a collector fighter since I practically always want to be a packrat.

Anyone know a good place to farm iron scraps?

I'm running into them fucking constantly in places like Yoshiki-Dani, Meta-Koya, Daneda, and places like Niko-Senzoku I think it is.

What I'm particularly trying to get my hands on more is Veneer Planks and Vegetable Oil.

Siegmeyer

Had an odd encounter earlier, maybe some of you can shed some light on what was going on if you've had the same experience.

I had was heading back to the waiting room in the elevator after grinding some EXP for my Fighter. Suddenly the screen fades to a black void with my character in just his underwear, facing off in a fist fight against an AI version of the same character (who was clothed). The fight was in super slow-mo, and a 3 minute (I think?) timer counted down at the top of the screen.

I didn't win or lose the fight, and when the timer reached zero I was back in the waiting room. No emails from Death to let me know what it was all about. Very puzzling.

Zolo

Had an odd encounter earlier, maybe some of you can shed some light on what was going on if you've had the same experience.

I had was heading back to the waiting room in the elevator after grinding some EXP for my Fighter. Suddenly the screen fades to a black void with my character in just his underwear, facing off in a fist fight against an AI version of the same character (who was clothed). The fight was in super slow-mo, and a 3 minute (I think?) timer counted down at the top of the screen.

I didn't win or lose the fight, and when the timer reached zero I was back in the waiting room. No emails from Death to let me know what it was all about. Very puzzling.

That sounds kinda similar to what I heard about the invading bases mechanic at least as far as the timer is concerned? ....though I never heard about that in particular.

hbkdx12

I've read that it happens when you're currently being raided and the game is basically trying to buy time as you're headed back to the waiting room.

Has anyone else looked at the voice actors in this game? Such a weird ensemble of Mark Hamill, Cissy Jones, Traci Lords, Verne Troyer, Steve Bauer, Isabella Fuhrman, and more.

Can't believe how good this game is, it's the first Free to Play format game I've enjoyed.

Did a recovery mission from the station on my level 13 guys because it said it was a Rank 4 base and I thought why not. Lies. Utter lies. 6 levels 50's fully geared. Rank 4 my ass. I actually managed to kill two before getting sniped and instant killed. Lost a ridiculously good sticker because I wasn't even thinking. 40% ABP gain or something, was 4 star.

Starting to think doing the "climb from ikegara to imokawa-cho" and kill everything quests are going to be impossible for me now. Level 35 haters keep spawning in the imokawa pump room, and kill the other three enemies in one or two hits in there before I can even get close.

Such a bad quest design. Hope they fix it so that hater kills don't break the quest.

Or do beasts count as enemies you have to kill?

hbkdx12

Are two handed weapons viable? the recovery on it seems terrible.

Are they're any early game underrated items? I'm pretty much stumbling over firework launchers and buzzsaws. I also have blueprints for both and i just don't like them. I would use the buzzsaw more but the hit detection/animation seems off sometimes where it won't hit straight on.

I'm up to level 10 and i've just been getting my proficiency up with the hammer, metal bat and most recently the jungle machete

Starting to think doing the "climb from ikegara to imokawa-cho" and kill everything quests are going to be impossible for me now. Level 35 haters keep spawning in the imokawa pump room, and kill the other three enemies in one or two hits in there before I can even get close.

Such a bad quest design. Hope they fix it so that hater kills don't break the quest.

They don't, I can tell you I was trying in vain to do those quests for a long while. Randomly hours and hours later when I did a weapon limited quest all three popped. Just don't even worry about them for now.

I see a lot of people complaining about dying and losing characters a lot, but I don't think they really understand that that is the point of the game.

Characters are disposable. They're designed to be built up and discarded. It's why they have built in level caps and you need to make new ones to surpass them. It's why death metal is handed out so liberally. Once you get used to the idea, death is a lot less stressful. Gold is easy to come by and once you get a few blueprints, you don't even need to worry about losing gear.

I absolutely love this game.

Shackzam

I feel like I accidently skipped this part in one of the parts of the tutorial, but is there anyway to increase your death bag size permanently for that character? I've just been running out of space really fast whenever I go out I have to go back and put more stuff in my inventory.

Siegmeyer

I've read that it happens when you're currently being raided and the game is basically trying to buy time as you're headed back to the waiting room.

Ah, that makes sense. You get notified if your base has been attacked right? Can't remember if I got a message or not as I got up to make a cuppa as soon as I was back in the waiting room.

Floex

Really starting to dig this now. Now I know what raiding does and how to level up the bank/have more characters it has opened up a huge part of the game.

Is level 25 the max a character can go? I assume not but can't see how to level up more

I feel like I accident;y skipped this part in one of the parts of the tutorial, but is there anyway to increase your death bag size permanently for that character? I've just been running out of space really fast whenever I go out I have to go back and put more stuff in my inventory.

Nope. You can use the express pass to temporarily increase it to 30 (for a day).

There's a character class called Collector that lets you hold 30 items by default. I think you have to get to floor 6 before you can buy it (2000 coins)

Caim

Really starting to dig this now. Now I know what raiding does and how to level up the bank/have more characters it has opened up a huge part of the game.

Is level 25 the max a character can go? I assume not but can't see how to level up more

Grade 1 characters can't go past 25.

You should be able to make Grade 2 after Floor 10.

Ryuuga

Banned

I think a simple fix would be to add a progress bar. One quest has you go from IKEGARA to OMENO-SOTO and there is legit no way to tell if you've cleared a floor to the specification of the quest. If they haven't already received this feedback I'm doing so after I eat dinner along with mentioning the hater situation.

I think a simple fix would be to add a progress bar. One quest has you go from IKEGARA to OMENO-SOTO and there is legit no way to tell if you've cleared a floor to the specification of the quest. If they haven't already received this feedback I'm doing so after I eat dinner along with mentioning the hater situation.
Damn, yeah, that's a long haul without knowing if you've gone wrong somewhere. Shame so much free death metal is locked behind these sorts of quests.

Where do they take feedback? I'd like to send them a similar message.

Leveling new chars is rough. Level 5 guy on a low floor, came around a corner and I level 60 CPU sent "Orange" hater was around the corner, killed me with an assault rifle instantly.

Top Bottom