• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

I keep a revolver around for Haters, that seems to do the trick. Beat the first mid boss last night, around what floor do I get upgraded characters? My current guy is maxed out in all stats.

You should get different bodies around 6 or so. But the grade 2 bodies with a higher level cap you need to beat floor 10.

GodofWine

Tonight I'll probably get into the TDM stage of this game. I see that the best 'defense' is to spend all your money, gold I can spend most of it daily I think (keep a little pocket change though), but SPLithium, how to spend it? should I hold onto it and risk it? it seem harder to come by than gold (maybe thats just my perception)?

Z3M0G

Played through the first two floors last night. I must say, it's fun so far!

My only beef is the lock-on system... can you not switch between enemies while locked on?? Breaking the lock and locking on the target you want is a nightmare!

Played through the first two floors last night. I must say, it's fun so far!

My only beef is the lock-on system... can you not switch between enemies while locked on?? Breaking the lock and locking on the target you want is a nightmare!

"Up" on the d-pad.

One thing I do wish is that just going to the Waiting Room healed you automatically. I wasn't thinking and went out without going in the water so i had to go back down

Obviously something like this helps with the monetization though so I get it, hah

Game is ridiculously good

Mandelbo

Raises hand

Although, I've found that if you press X immediately after you release L3, it'll let you interact with things even if you haven't completely stopped running yet.

GrayFoxPL

I really was looking forward to this game, and I really love the concept and the usual crazy Suda vibe and atmosphere.

It's just the fucking controls are killing it for me. So, so fucking bad.

Like, why can't I just go to an object and pick it up with "X", why does it have to involve d-pad for every action? And for the fuck's sake who in the right mind decided that you can't use or equip health items from the inventory screen? Swiping left and right to chose items, are you kidding me? I can't use DS4 because I can't push hard as nails L3 and R3 buttons, so I use my old ass used DS3 through brook converter but it doesn't have option to swipe touchpad so I can't choose items.

So yeah I'm disabled in a videogame too. Thanks Suda. [And FU Sony for DS4]

I remembered when he could make fantastic game with minimalist controls like Killer 7 but now he needs 48 buttons and a touch pad to control hack&slash dungeon crawler.

Sorry, I had to vent. I do think controls for this game could be realized more efficiently.

Do you guys think there's a chance they'll change the touch pad item management to buttons in the future? I'd really love to play this game seriously.

Do you guys think there's a chance they'll change the touch pad item management to buttons in the future? I'd really love to play this game seriously.

No, all d-pad slots are reserved for item management/weapon & target switching. L1 & R1 are saved for your special attacks you get from leveling weapon classes up. Don't see what other buttons could be used for that, honestly.

If my character dies, I start from the beginning, right? Game is kinda hard, but I like it.

Is there a tutorial video up somewhere?

You can use one of your death metal coins to resurrect on the spot if you don't want to have to deal with losing all of your stuff/fighting the hater that spawns. Not aware of any good tutorial vids, but there's a whole page in your journal dedicated to them!

Ryuuga

Banned
Can you change the music in the Waiting Room? It keeps starting from the same song every time in the playlist

I found that if I change it to a single it'll repeat that track, but if you set it to a station like South Tokyo Best Hits, it'll be a Playlist that introduces each song by track number.

OniBaka

I know that feel. At first i didnt give a shit about fall damage. Then i died to it. Now i'm trying to play as smart and safe as possible. Worked out so far.
I'm shooting fireworks too close then dying by it, haters one shoting me etc..

I only have 2/5 fighters alive right now lol.

GrayFoxPL

No, all d-pad slots are reserved for item management/weapon & target switching. L1 & R1 are saved for your special attacks you get from leveling weapon classes up. Don't see what other buttons could be used for that, honestly.

They could've just use hold 1 button to open circular menu or I dunno 9 square item menu you can choose from instead of this clusterfuck, but what do I know.

SilentRob

A few more questions:

I always revived myself with Skull Coins. As far as I understand there are two things that can happen after that: Either I can revive that character on the meat locker with in game currence (not sure about that one?) and get all the stuff back, the same as if I used the premium currency
OR
I could run to my body and kill the Hater that spawned out of it...but what does this actually do? Do I get that character back after that? Does he then lose his items but keep his experience?

Ryuuga

Banned
If you guys have strong enough fighters up to the task. Keep refreshing your raid list, eventually the bottom of the list will have yotsuyama groupies. These guys usually give you 2k or more both kill coins and SPlitihum. They usually have high lvl and damaging defenders but it's a good way to earn some currency without worrying about immediate retaliation.

OniBaka

If you guys have strong enough fighters up to the task. Keep refreshing your raid list, eventually the bottom of the list will have yotsuyama groupies. These guys usually give you 2k or more both kill coins and SPlitihum. They usually have high lvl and damaging defenders but it's a good way to earn some currency without worrying about immediate retaliation.
Cool, they stopped showing up on my list when I went past floor 10 so thought it was just for tutorial.

Lol that Last Day Dream track is the one I heard at the PSX booth and was like "damn what"

Figured it was Desecravity as I'd heard of them before but theirs is more just constant blast tech death than whatever weird slam/metalcore hybrid Last Day Dream is

I do wish it was possible to get a random playlist instead of it starting from the beginning every time, as there's some cool stuff in there

Skrams

So, anyone have an idea if this new map is just a rearrangement to make it easier to look at or will it do this every now and again. I hope it's just the new arrangement forever and it doesn't constantly look different. I know they call it a roguelike, but it's pretty unroguelikey a lot of the time and I like the current feel it has going.

Also, is there a shuffle in the hub? There's the first station, but it seems to always play in a set order. I kind of wish you could listen to the music while adventuring too.

And man, it's fucking nice being able to have hella magnums.

If my character dies, I start from the beginning, right? Game is kinda hard, but I like it.

Is there a tutorial video up somewhere?

You can spend some money to resurrect them with all their inventory and gear back. It's the much preferred option rather than rescuing them via killing their haterified self.

Caim

Ran into a Jackal...

Level 200 and if you die to them (I did ofcourse) you get a special death scene and they pretty much vaporize your character.

You do not get an option to buy your way out of death when this happens.

RIP.

Skrams

Ran into a Jackal...

Level 200 and if you die to them (I did ofcourse) you get a special death scene and they pretty much vaporize your character.

You do not get an option to buy your way out of death when this happens.

RIP.

Which one did you run into? I ran into the guy in the cool white suit who shot me with some laser gun maybe through a wall for 8000 damage. Do they all have a projectile?

Also didn't notice the no option to resurrect. That makes a lot of sense. I'm surprised almost that they wouldn't let you do that since F2P and cheesing.

Caim

Which one did you run into? I ran into the guy in the cool white suit who shot me with some laser gun maybe through a wall for 8000 damage. Do they all have a projectile?

Also didn't notice the no option to resurrect. That makes a lot of sense. I'm surprised almost that they wouldn't let you do that since F2P and cheesing.

I ran into the girl. She had this laser wire thing and then she was like "What a wonderful corpse." after I died.

hbkdx12

So jackals....that's a thing

Just when i got to the point that haters no longer bother me now that im the same level as them and have blueprints for some good weapons, i ran into one of these a-holes.

I made it to floor ten but haven't fought the boss yet mainly because i was kind of terrified considering uncle death being right there to introduce you to it. So i decided to unlock some of the other areas and i went to the area where the secret store was to buy some items and it was gone and as im walking back out and a lvl 200 jackel teleported directly in the hallway in front of me and there was no where for me to go and i go yo-yo'd to death.

Is there any rhyme or reason to how/where these things show up or do i just have to walk around feeling like i can run into these things any time?

I don't think i've ever said this about anything since watchdogs but you basically trip over money in this game. It's actually hard to NOT hit 40k after going through a few floors/areas. I expect the cost of things to go up a lot more drastically but thus far using the elevator hasn't been a problem even scavenging my fallen characters hasn't been an issue but i've only done it twice so far.

So jackals....that's a thing

Just when i got to the point that haters no longer bother me now that im the same level as them and have blueprints for some good weapons, i ran into one of these a-holes.

I made it to floor ten but haven't fought the boss yet mainly because i was kind of terrified considering uncle death being right there to introduce you to it. So i decided to unlock some of the other areas and i went to the area where the secret store was to buy some items and it was gone and as im walking back out and a lvl 200 jackel teleported directly in the hallway in front of me and there was no where for me to go and i go yo-yo'd to death.

Is there any rhyme or reason to how/where these things show up or do i just have to walk around feeling like i can run into these things any time?

I don't think i've ever said this about anything since watchdogs but you basically trip over money in this game. It's actually hard to NOT hit 40k after going through a few floors/areas. I expect the cost of things to go up a lot more drastically but thus far using the elevator hasn't been a problem even scavenging my fallen characters hasn't been an issue but i've only done it twice so far.
The Mother Barbs video (or was it the initial Jackal intro? Or the email?) explains they appear once you've stayed on a floor for too long. Not sure how long is too long, but I've run into them twice, and it seems like you have enough time to reasonably go from one end to the other and back, without too much dallying.

KrebStar

So, anyone have an idea if this new map is just a rearrangement to make it easier to look at or will it do this every now and again. I hope it's just the new arrangement forever and it doesn't constantly look different. I know they call it a roguelike, but it's pretty unroguelikey a lot of the time and I like the current feel it has going.

Also, is there a shuffle in the hub? There's the first station, but it seems to always play in a set order. I kind of wish you could listen to the music while adventuring too.

And man, it's fucking nice being able to have hella magnums.

You can spend some money to resurrect them with all their inventory and gear back. It's the much preferred option rather than rescuing them via killing their haterified self.

The second station (001, I believe) seems to be a shuffle option.

delSai

If there's one thing i want the devs to patch in, it's the ability to listen to the radio inside the tower. The Soundtrack is too good to just have it in the Arcade and Waiting Room. Let me murder people while listenig to All Found Bright Lights and all the other great bands!

So how do you get back when you are in the middle of a dungeon ? Will you lose stuff if you leave?

Find an elevator or go back the escalator. You'll keep all your loot.

hbkdx12

The Mother Barbs video (or was it the initial Jackal intro? Or the email?) explains they appear once you've stayed on a floor for too long. Not sure how long is too long, but I've run into them twice, and it seems like you have enough time to reasonably go from one end to the other and back, without too much dallying.

Ah ok that makes sense. I don't think they explicitly said it in the intro video. Uncle death just mentions they come for the dead bodies and that you'd need a lot of luck if you were to try to fight them meaning dont lol

So are you able to out run them? Are you able to see them from a distance and just try to avoid them? The one that killed me spawned directly in front of me at a dead end so there was nothing i could do

Top Bottom