• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Damn, even first level construction of gear post 20 costs like 8k+ splith.

Did you see the part about where I said I used the rage attacks to knock them down and stomp on them repeatedly and this is after suplexing them. This isn't about fighting smarter, I'm competent player and I know how to deal with haters. It's the fact I was level 1 they have 800+ armor with level 20 weapons that do 1k+ a hit.

I'm currently at grade 4, the thing that I find that makes the grade 4 haters so tanky is their armor, it is pretty noticeable after hitting floor 20+. I usually break their armor before killing them since it takes some many hits, but I find that multi-hit attacks are the way to go when trying to break the armor off them. I do love the nail gun or the assault rifle. Funny thing is that fire also does a number on durability, I found it out the hard way when I was set on fire.

Tested the blanket to see if it was consumed on use. It is. If you use it before a maintenance and maintenance starts it gives you a free ride back to the waiting room. So that's nice I guess. I really hope the 120k item isn't consumed on use.

Well yea but it literally takes me 66k to recover a guy on the floor I'm on so I need to hold a little bit more.

lol, I died to the boss on the 25th floor the first time I fought him and didn't use insurance because I needed to gear up. When I saw the price tag, which was 66k, I just said screw it and found my hater and killed them. Also fun fact, if any mobs kill your hater, Uncle Death doesn't pick them up for you, you need to put them down yourself. It was weird because I saw my character's still glowing dead body on the ground but wasn't being recovered, so I had to take the elevator back down and go back up to do it again.

Lucent

Damn level 13 doesn't mess around. I managed to beat a level 50 hater with a level 12 rank 2 guy. This game feels like real survival. Lol

So are raids like 10% of your current currency? It seems that's roughly what they are getting.

I've completely stalled, I can't make any progress like this. The guys raiding my base have level 90+ guys with full gear from the level and I'm raided about 3 times per floor. I'm losing money.

KrebStar

There really needs to be some kind of timer on getting raided. I was coming back from the tower because I had to get ready to go out, and ended up getting stuck in seven of those damn slow-motion fights in a row while people wrecked my base one after another.

If I didn't have a ton of new blueprints on me I'd have probably just exited the game and taken the loss.

MaKTaiL

Guys, you can put the game in Suspend mode if you have to leave but your character is still in the middle of a floor. I did this plenty of times already. When I turn on PS4 again I just resume from where I left off.

Mandelbo

I'm actually quite surprised there's not a "waiting room insurance" system, or some other way of blocking raids with death metals or the DH service. It really seems like it'd be a no brainer given that everyone can be raided and there's not really much you can do about it.

Riposte

The limit/challenge quests are a huge pain in the ass. I figure it's the haters killing enemies that's ruining it, but even if I rush and kill them first it seems I'm still not triggering it (probably still too slow). Currently stuck on armor limit 1.

Guys, you can put the game in Suspend mode if you have to leave but your character is still in the middle of a floor. I did this plenty of times already. When I turn on PS4 again I just resume from where I left off.
Pretty sure someone upthread had their fighter killed when maintenance hit while they were suspended. Have you tried this through servers going down?

Syysch

Well yea but it literally takes me 66k to recover a guy on the floor I'm on so I need to hold a little bit more.

One thing you can do is send some guys on expeditions and leave the higher coin rewards in your reward box as an emergency fund to claim as needed.

So what's the best way to get SPlethium (sp)? I've hit floor 9, and have a max-level all-arounder and max-level Collector. I'm making progress upwards fine, but I'm still stuck at the base level maximums for kill coins etc because I need 800+ SPlethium for any upgrades and I only have like 400 total. Killing Haters only gets me 5-10 at this point, I captured a guy in the tutorial/freebie Raid and I'm getting 1 SP a minute from him while he's captured but that's not practical, and they just added that (?) so people had to have been getting this a better way before that. Is this what Expedition is for?

Didn't see you get a reply- do some raids. You get what looks like 10% gold and lithium that the target is holding, which is usually in the 200-2000 range unless you find someone really saving up. On top of that you get an 800 bonus reward, so at minumum 1000 lithium per successful raid.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The controller diagram in game makes no mention of L1/L2 being a heavy attack, what gives?
Because that stuff isn't available by default. They are moves unlocked via mastery, and you'll see the diagrams in that menu once the abilities are available.

Though I notice the master menu has screwed up O and X in the diagrams. It mixed them up. When it says X it's actually O, and the reverse (O means X).

Has anyone actually lost a valued fighter yet, if so, how?
I was in uncharted waters, the 29th floor with my Rank 4 Collector when I stupidly stepped into a trap room and was ganked by two crossbow wielding screamers and one with a flaming longsword.

It cost 122k to salvage.

Had to let it die.

Evolved1

Btw....

Why in the F is there no by "type" or "name" option for sorting inventory.

I've spent practically every free token on inventory upgrade, and that thing is a damn mess.

How many waste oil, etc. do I have? Not easy to answer... very annoying.

It's out in Europe? Can't find it in the store.
It's out in select countries. The launch in Europe had been pretty scattered unfortunately.

Btw....

I've spent practically every free token on inventory upgrade, and that thing is a damn mess.

My most wanted vault feature too. So strange that they put in other sorting options, but missed what should have been the most obvious.

Still can't find anyone to raid in Canada as part of the fight. Didn't have this problem vs UK before California doubled in size. Wonder if those things are related, or if it's just a bug.

I guess I could switch teams, but I'm a native Californian, I don't want to fight for another territory!

One thing you can do is send some guys on expeditions and leave the higher coin rewards in your reward box as an emergency fund to claim as needed.

Didn't see you get a reply- do some raids. You get what looks like 10% gold and lithium that the target is holding, which is usually in the 200-2000 range unless you find someone really saving up. On top of that you get an 800 bonus reward, so at minumum 1000 lithium per successful raid.

That's actually a really solid idea. Thanks.

I think what I really need to do is raid though. Get into the upper echelon of the current level I'm at in terms of gear and stuff and then just go crazy raiding and try to max everything I can out. Probably should have done it in the rank 20ish area instead now at 40 where everything is considerably more expensive.

vehn

Can't do this at high levels, since jackals will hunt you if you've been on a level for too long

I just unlocked multiplayer mode with the...creepy unsettling Tetsuo guy. How do I join a multiplayer game? Tetsuo said I can take Tokyo Luxury Metro to a multiplayer game. Is it a team based game?

Volcynika

I just unlocked multiplayer mode with the...creepy unsettling Tetsuo guy. How do I join a multiplayer game? Tetsuo said I can take Tokyo Luxury Metro to a multiplayer game. Is it a team based game?

Team in the sense of other people on your team are doing raids. You will never play with another player-controlled character. Just talk to Tetsuo and choose raid, then choose someone to attack!

audio_delay

Neo Member

No, you can invade other people's waiting rooms or being invaded oneself. In either case you only battle against A.I.s

Evolved1

It's not actual multiplayer. You fight AI.

Basically... you fight other players' freezers. Assuming they activate them for defense.

Volcynika

I'm assuming if you leave someone to defend with a gun (even if you bought it from the shop), they'll eventually run out of bullets for it?

Btw....

This is my number 1 annoyance and I really hope it's patched in fast. It should also sort by item type when you sort by another field; i.e. when you sort by rarity, all items in the same rarity should be sorted by item type. Besides the obvious utility, this is glitching my obessive compulsive brain something fierce.

Also, I assumed there was a cooldown from the time you're raided to when you can be raided again. In fact I assumed as much because I tried to raid back the guy who raided me first, and couldn't do so immediately, I had to wait until the next day (the "revenge" category didn't even appear).

Evolved1

I'm assuming if you leave someone to defend with a gun (even if you bought it from the shop), they'll eventually run out of bullets for it?
Honestly Idk, but I wouldn't assume that.

Easy enough to check, but I've never been invaded.

No, at least not with shop based guns. I have a shooter as part of my defense, when I pull her out of the freezer, her rifle is at the same ammo count as when she went in.

No idea if they can still shoot if you equip them with an empty gun though. Suppose I should try that in the simulation some time.

Evolved1

Anyone figured out exactly how your TDM level is determined?

Not your rank, the level.

I wasn't paying close enough attention while upgrading the waiting room and climbing tower brackets.

So the level climbed and snuck up on me.

I did take a hit (deleting a maxed fighter) just to see if it would affect my level -- didn't seem to.

Anyone figured out exactly how your TDM level is determined?

Not your rank, the level.

I wasn't paying close enough attention while upgrading the waiting room and climbing tower brackets.

So the level climbed and snuck up on me.

I did take a hit (deleting a maxed fighter) just to see if it would affect my level -- didn't seem to.
Nothing is specifically labeled "level" on the tdm player info screen, so not sure what number you are referring to. If you mean the number under your medal, that goes up or down on raids and defenses, depending on how you do.

Edit: Aside from the obvious anyway, like what upgrade level your freezer is at, etc.

Evolved1

Another question... when simulating defense, do you actually consume/degrade your character's equipment? Or does it reset when you return to the real waiting room?

I've always run the sim naked, not wanting to burn away resources. Just wondering if that's needed... because my defense is getting too hard to beat naked.

I want to test them against weapons and stuff.

Top Bottom