• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Another question... when simulating defense, do you actually consume/degrade your character's equipment? Or does it reset when you return to the real waiting room?

I've always run the sim naked, not wanting to burn away resources. Just wondering if that's needed... because my defense is getting too hard to beat naked.

I want to test them against weapons and stuff.
Pretty sure it resets. I didn't have anything break, but I did get murdered by my own defenders, and I went back to the waiting room like nothing happened. (Unlike losing a raid and coming back naked)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Nothing is specifically labeled "level" on the tdm player info screen, so not sure what number you are referring to. If you mean the number under your medal, that goes up or down on raids and defenses, depending on how you do.

Edit: Aside from the obvious anyway, like what upgrade level your freezer is at, etc.
If you go to the team page, and find your name on the list... you have a level.

This is what the TDM invasion list is based on. It's always +/- 2 or 3 whatever your current level.

If you go to the team page, and find your name on the list... you have a level.

This is what the TDM invasion list is based on. It's always +/- 2 or 3 whatever your current level.
The number I think you are talking about is labeled "Rank", not level, so when you said you weren't asking about rank, I thought you meant that number. It's labeled Rank on the US version of the game anyway.

That number seems to be determined solely by your waiting room upgrades and what grade of fighters you have unlocked. Not sure if there are other factors, but mine has gone up when I changed those things.

Which makes it deceptive, since someone can have terrible defenses at higher rank.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The number I think you are talking about is labeled "Rank", not level, so when you said you weren't asking about rank, I thought you meant that number. It's labeled Rank on the US version of the game anyway.

That number seems to be determined solely by your waiting room upgrades and what grade of fighters you have unlocked. Not sure if there are other factors, but mine has gone up when I changed those things.

Which makes it deceptive, since someone can have terrible defenses at higher rank.
Eh... okay. I'm waiting for the guy to come fix my internet, so I'm going by memory. Maybe I got that wrong. I cannot check.

I could swear the number under the icon was your TDM rank, and over on the left (looking at your player banner) was your level.

My bad, I guess.

Thanks.

Eh... okay. I'm waiting for the guy to come fix my internet, so I'm going by memory. Maybe I got that wrong. I cannot check.

I could swear the number under the icon was your TDM rank, and over on the left (looking at your player banner) was your level.

My bad, I guess.

Thanks.
No worries, I just got confused as to which you were asking about. Honestly seems like those labels should be reversed in the game anyway, since people usually talk about "Gold rank" or whatever when talking about multiplayer brackets, not individual power level.

There is enough opaque stuff to deal with in the game without odd labels!

BigEmil

Sony/Grasshopper/Suda, anyone? Please let me buy the soundtrack, please sell it in the PS store.
Their official Let it Die Twitter/Facebook is very responsive to people maybe ask them there or through their website email, I would buy it too :p

hbkdx12

Just got the blueprint for the assault rifle and been grinding out levels for it. Had the opportunity to do a gortastic kill with it and instead ended up doing a rage move.

For those that don't do the rage move for the rifle is that you shoot a grenade. Didn't end well for me -_-

After not being able to find anyone to raid in this CA(li) vs CA(nada) fight yesterday, it finally started finding a target.

Except it's just the same poor guy with no defenses over and over. Is he last Canadian standing? Fight on my brave northern friend!

I was already addicted to this game running the tower with my first character. Got some level 2s and I've been levelling them up on the first few floors and grabbing materials and oh dear.......I'm even more hooked

It's funny, I don't want to get rid of my original level 1 character even though 2 will have close to the same stats and can actually stay viable in the game (not to mention look exactly the same, lol). I will at some point.

Ran out of Death Metals yesterday (I've been using pretty much solely for respawns) but now that grinding out multiple characters actually makes sense I think I'll be a lot more likely to just let characters die and either salvage or retrieve myself

MrDaravon

I think I'm finally understanding the gameplay loop.

I hit floor 10 and immediately bailed since I knew I would need to do some grinding/leveling/etc before pushing further. I've got my first two characters at level 26 (my highest possible cap right now) decked out in the best gear I can buy from my store (so it doesn't degrade...I think?) and on defense in my tower. The freebie 20k SPLithium we got from the TDM/Raid event ending finally gave me enough to buy some stuff so I grabbed two more freezer/killcoin/SPLithium bank upgrades so I can level more dudes for defense, and am about to finish leveling my third character to drop them on defense and level up a 4th. To avoid storage issues (I spent enough death metal to get my storage up to 70 but am hesitant to go further than that right now) I'm just doing all of the R&D upgrades I can right now to burn materials and have gotten most of my blueprints as high as they can go right now without needing completely new materials I haven't seen yet to hit 2 star rating.

So by burning my killcoins/SPLithium I'm making progress as well as keeping my totals low enough where I'm assuming it doesn't make me any sort of Raid target. And my runs through the tower for leveling people is also getting me weapon masteries and knocking out some Quests. Once I hit all 5 character slots at max level I'm guessing I should do some Raiding to get SPLithium to get more tower upgrades? I've still only done the tutorial/AI raid. Also I'm still not clear on why you would send people on Expeditions as opposed to having them on Defense?

This game is fucking incredible.

Frimaire

I only just realized that fists take waaay more exp to rank up. Like 10x as much. Ah well, almost there.
Also I'm pretty sure I accidentally deleted 3 of my premium decals... fuck...

Frimaire

peeled off you mean?

No, like they're gone. not an option when I'm putting decals on my fighter, not on the equipment screen of any of the fighters in my freezer.
I think I may have deleted a fighter with them still equipped...
Either that or they're still on a hateifyed fighter and just not showing up on their equipment screen for some reason...

Nothus

So uh, anyone else found one of these yet?

z4EDnyE.jpg

Dragoshi1

Got to floor 11, that train fight was cool.

Raising a new Striker, After my Grade 1 striker hit max level, and one more level up for Hammers and then I'm at Lv20 for it!

Hammers are awesome.

I feel like the challenges are inconsistent. And sometimes too demanding. There ought to be some way to 'track' a challenge and then if you fail it in a given run it would let you know what you did wrong.

Ryuuga

Banned
I feel like the challenges are inconsistent. And sometimes too demanding. There ought to be some way to 'track' a challenge and then if you fail it in a given run it would let you know what you did wrong.

Been brought up regularly throughout the thread. Someone said earlier that the twitter/support is very responsive but I'v yet to hear anything response to my feedback regarding quest tracking or a progress bar.

hbkdx12

Got to floor 11, that train fight was cool.

Raising a new Striker, After my Grade 1 striker hit max level, and one more level up for Hammers and then I'm at Lv20 for it!

Hammers are awesome.

Im on floor 13 and my iron hammers are fully researched and mastered and even with fighters with max strength, hammers are starting to lose value to me. I always carry one as a backup but my teir 2 machete is my go to.
Any idea of limitations of the reward box? Been leaving money rewards and SPLithium in there until I need it.
There's 50 slots

Hellshy.

Does anyone know if weapons you purchase can be repaired? I notice the durability level bar is green if you purchase the item and white if it's a pick up. Probably means little butan would it be nice to be able to repair stuff

hbkdx12

Does anyone know if weapons you purchase can be repaired? I notice the durability level bar is green if you purchase the item and white if it's a pick up. Probably means little butan would it be nice to be able to repair stuff
Nope. Just gotta keep buying new weapons as the old one deteriorates

How do i get past level 25? How do i get more spaces for decals and how do i activate them?
you have to make your way through the tower. When you get to floor 11 you'll get access to a higher tier of fighters that have higher level caps

Decals can be bought and applied at the mushroom lady to the left of the entryway to the elevators.
BTW i really need to find bullets for my op revolver
You don't find bullets for the gun. Once you use all the ammo it's basically useless unless you just want to smack people with it until it physically breaks. If you want more bullets you either have to find/pick up another gun or keep buying guns from the shop if you've found the blueprint

Im on floor 13 and my iron hammers are fully researched and mastered and even with fighters with max strength, hammers are starting to lose value to me. I always carry one as a backup but my teir 2 machete is my go to.

There's 50 slots

Did you upgrade to the 2-star hammer? That's been carrying me through the second tier, at floor 19 now.

I can research the longsword, but I need Candle Wolf metal, and the two quests that do it are terrible (kill all enemies in an area with a sniper rifle or go through two areas with no armor)

hbkdx12

Did you upgrade to the 2-star hammer? That's been carrying me through the second tier, at floor 19 now.

I can research the longsword, but I need Candle Wolf metal, and the two quests that do it are terrible (kill all enemies in an area with a sniper rifle or go through two areas with no armor)

not yet. Working towards it. I need to find the D.O.D green metal or whatever it is.

Kaname

Wow, just got the Platinum on FF XV and decided to give this a try.
It looks amazing from the couple of hours I played, like one of those mid-low budget PS2 era games that ended being more fun that the standard AAA. :D
Can't wait to play some more and actually figuring out how stuff works lol

Try farming Goto-9, he'll drop the green candle wolf metal. No idea if it's available elsewhere.

hbkdx12

Is it normal to be getting Haters in the 20-30 range on the first floor? I feel like I can't build a character like this.

Unfortunately it is and because of it the early going can be tough. My advice would be to go through one area/floor and then come back to the waiting room and level up rather then just constantly pushing through until you hit a wall and die.

Once you start to level up your fighter and your weapons, the haters become more of an annoyance than an actual deterrent.

You can look at my post history in this thread and see i had the same growing pains and it nearly turned me off the whole game but the key is to not overextend yourself going up the tower in one go.

If you are having trouble with haters (of any level), remember to use your mushrooms! The sleep mushroom and the tear gas mushroom (from stomping frogs) is a great equalizer. You can make sure you start the fight with a suplex and a couple stomps, or just get in the first big combo.

Try farming Goto-9, he'll drop the green candle wolf metal. No idea if it's available elsewhere.

Awesome, I was planning to grind 11-15 looking for materials and blueprints anyways. Thanks!

Edit: 1. Holy shit, my level 50 striker can do 90% of Goto's life in one hammer combo. 2. Got the Candle Wolf metal first time. Swords here we come!

Yeezus

Okay so quick question, sorry that its probably already been asked.

Just unlocked TDM and its trying to have me raid someone else for a "first raid". If I just don't want to engage with this aspect of the game at all, can I just not initiate this first fight? I picked a team when prompted, but I really don't feel like having to worry about this at such an early stage in the game.

I found a set piece that let's you climb up like 2 jump heights and walk around the top of the map. I then fell through the map and plummeted into darkness. Faced with the realization that I'd probably be losing all of my gear I start pressing random buttons. I get to circle and it fades to black and sends me safely back to the waiting room with all my gear and XP.

Thanks devs!

hbkdx12

Just unlocked TDM and its trying to have me raid someone else for a "first raid". If I just don't want to engage with this aspect of the game at all, can I just not initiate this first fight? I picked a team when prompted, but I really don't feel like having to worry about this at such an early stage in the game.
You don't have to do it but you can't upgrade your waiting room until you do

Caim

The first person you raid is not an actual player, but I'm pretty sure you could just not do it.

Because you have to pick a team after you finish which is what actually puts you into the TDM "system" I think.

Yeezus

You don't have to do it but you can't upgrade your waiting room until you do

The first person you raid is not an actual player, but I'm pretty sure you could just not do it.

Because you have to pick a team after you finish which is what actually puts you into the TDM "system" I think.

Ahhh so is this what allows me to upgrade the amount of cash I can carry and stuff? So I basically need to do it right?

Before anything took place I seemed to get locked into a screen forcing me to pick a team.

Top Bottom