• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

What actually happened to you? I.e. what is the elevator bug?

When you get to the floor, it doesn't do the little scene where you leave the elevator before giving you control. So you're just stuck in the elevator. Can't move, can't bring up the menu. Nothing.

Both times this happened I had to quit the game and restart, which of course means it counts as a death. Only happened on the express elevator, which is just great.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Heyy I just ran into a hater that was someone I know. Thas kinda crazy

i punched him and he sploded and I got a robber crossbow. notbad

Also Apocalyptic Hockey Stick is a great name for a weapon

Nice. I died to GOTO because I decided to get an extra hit in. T-T

66k kill coins, hopefully my reward for the fight is good tomorrow. xD
It is a lot but that character alone had 30k in gear so I am willing to eat the cost.

Spoiler Tag your stuff :D

But yea, I died the first time and just killed my fighter to recover them. The only weapons I could build at base that did any sort of legit dmg was the Steam irons. They've been consistently fantastic weapons for bosses.

But yea, I died the first time and just killed my fighter to recover them. The only weapons I could build at base that did any sort of legit dmg was the Steam irons. They've been consistently fantastic weapons for bosses.

how much have you upgrade them? What's their damage

darklin0

Banned

I don't know what to spoiler tag lol.

I think I am gonna run around in the earlier floors and pick up some weapons. Some of the drops were extremely out damaging my stuff. Hugely!

Aselith

I'm having a hell of a time leveling these alts because I keep getting hunted by max level characters.

I look forward to revenge hunting them when they show up in my list though.

What I started doing was just not fighting them. If you run through a dungeon and see them in front of you...just leave and reset the dungeon and you'll start fighting when you can.

Edit: Oh nice Uncle Prime gave me a gold blueprint today for something called a Flame Wand. Hopefully cool

Zolo

Decided to join California. As far as I can tell, you don't gain anything from being part of a smaller area. Maybe it'd be better to divide areas into continents or by large areas?

hughesta

Banned
Beat the floor 6 mid boss
Went two full floors without an elevator
Have five grilled snails ready for the worst case scenario
Walk onto floor 9
Instantly one-shot by a Hater
Have to fight the floor 6 mid boss again

I'm going to bed

He's been tossing his grenade and poison shrooms in the fire. Throwing them sets them off. That's why he said don't cook them, because they go off.

Must not realize you can hold them over the fire.

I didn't either, at first. It was funny.

Almost every shroom is better by cooking.

Yup even the boom shrooms by holding them over the fire to cook doesn't make them go off it makes the blast radius bigger.

Well this is absolutely rediculous. There are level 89 orange haters I can barely hurt as they are fully armored and geared from the higher 20 floors on my second floor.

Good luck going back to FFXV afterwards the game is crack

Lol that's exactly what happened to me. Since trying this out and hearing FFXV was going to be adding more cut scenes and all it might be awhile til I get back to it. Uncle Death has got his hooks in me.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well this is absolutely rediculous. There are level 89 orange haters I can barely hurt as they are fully armored and geared from the higher 20 floors on my second floor.
You really shouldn't push your way up the tower brackets until you're ready for the new wave of haters and TDM invaders.

You're kinda asking for it. And now the prep is going to be punishing for you.

Idk, it's pretty clear how the system works. It's not like they hide it. You see it from the first floor that the game will throw max level haters from your current bracket. You push up into the higher brackets, you get max levels.

They even named the first boss Max. I think it's a hint. lol

These guys.

Duraigo

Have only started to get a bit into the game, but is it wise to sell weapons that have run out of ammo? I read on a different forum that there is no ammo to pick up, so once it's empty, it's empty.

You really shouldn't push your way up the tower brackets until you're ready for the new wave of haters and TDM invaders.

Idk, it's pretty clear how the system works. It's not like they hide it. You see it from the first floor that the game will throw max level haters from your current bracket. You push up into the higher brackets, you get max levels.

These guys.

Dude I just hit level 25. Unlocked rank 4 fighters, I'm trying to level her on level 2. There's level 89 haters here. I'm thinking you didn't read my post?

MrDaravon

So what's the best way to get SPlethium (sp)? I've hit floor 9, and have a max-level all-arounder and max-level Collector. I'm making progress upwards fine, but I'm still stuck at the base level maximums for kill coins etc because I need 800+ SPlethium for any upgrades and I only have like 400 total. Killing Haters only gets me 5-10 at this point, I captured a guy in the tutorial/freebie Raid and I'm getting 1 SP a minute from him while he's captured but that's not practical, and they just added that (?) so people had to have been getting this a better way before that. Is this what Expedition is for?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dude I just hit level 25. Unlocked rank 4 fighters, I'm trying to level her on level 2. There's level 89 haters here. I'm thinking you didn't read my post?
No. You misunderstand. Every time you unlock new fighters, you're pushing into a new bracket. For the whole tower.

Slow your roll, is what I'm recommending.

AESplusF

Have only started to get a bit into the game, but is it wise to sell weapons that have run out of ammo? I read on a different forum that there is no ammo to pick up, so once it's empty, it's empty.

yeah sell them

Seems like he's got his claws in alot of us lol. I hope this game does well financially and gets the support it deserves. Would be a shame if such an enjoyable game turned out to flop because it went f2p.

Same, It deserves to be succesful it's strange to me that it's f2p in the first place.

No. You misunderstand. Every time you unlock new fighters, you're pushing into a new bracket. For the whole tower.

Slow your roll, is what I'm recommending.

I can't slow it. I have a full list of leveled guys, I want to level my new rank 4 char. The only way to do that is go into the tower. What do you recommend I do?

yeah sell them

Same, It deserves to be succesful it's strange to me that it's f2p in the first place.
Well, I have to admit I probably would have never touched this game if it wasn't free, heck I almost deleted I it downloaded when I thought it required PS+. Thankfully I tried it anyways and found out it didn't require it lol. Very addictive, just wish it was a bit more polished when it comes to controls and combat.

These guys.

What are the bracket levels?

I'm hesitant to climb too fast because of this exact reason.

MomoMura

Would be cool to hear the OST on the floors but I understand why they don't. Sound is pretty important for knowing if a hater, screamer, or beast is around

janoDX

I can't slow it. I have a full list of leveled guys, I want to level my new rank 4 char. The only way to do that is go into the tower. What do you recommend I do?

Then fight smarter.

Get rage bars with some mushrooms or get to beat some enemies and save those rage bars first and then attack the hater once you know where he is. It's easy to do once you get to learn how to face them.

So when you get a character with a higher star level, the obvious thing is that haters in the world can show up at a higher level. But something I noticed is that you get a lot more gold from enemies and chests. A 1-3 run used to get me 10-12k, now I'm getting 18-20k.

Also, since I'm using a 3 star character, I'm now seeing two haters in a stage sometimes. So...that's fun.

I also got poison eater from a mushroom stew. I'm ready to climb all the way baby

K.Sabot

The soundtrack to this game is greaaaaat.

I've wondered for a bit, any way to play the licensed tracks while in the dungeon? Or is it only the waiting room? For now I just chill in waiting room listening to the tracks while doing other stuff.

Also I think I've passed the amount of time I put into Dark Souls 3 playing this game now.

Duraigo

Just went to floor 3 for a second time, death bag was full on the first run, and ended up facing a level 27 hater. Ran my ass all the way back the escalator. Only at lvl 8 right now, should such higher lvl enemies be in my runs?

Damn, even first level construction of gear post 20 costs like 8k+ splith.

Then fight smarter.

Get rage bars with some mushrooms or get to beat some enemies and save those rage bars first and then attack the hater once you know where he is. It's easy to do once you get to learn how to face them.

Did you see the part about where I said I used the rage attacks to knock them down and stomp on them repeatedly and this is after suplexing them. This isn't about fighting smarter, I'm competent player and I know how to deal with haters. It's the fact I was level 1 they have 800+ armor with level 20 weapons that do 1k+ a hit.

Lork

The subway platform is supposed to lock until the attacker has killed all the defenders there, right? So why then do I see attackers make a beeline straight for the waiting room in the defense summaries? Is there something special I have to do to activate the barrier?

Also, how do I rescue defenders that have been captured? I don't see an option to go get them anywhere, just one to pay a ransom.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just went to floor 3 for a second time, death bag was full on the first run, and ended up facing a level 27 hater. Ran my ass all the way back the escalator. Only at lvl 8 right now, should such higher lvl enemies be in my runs?
yesssss EMBRACE YOUR FEARS

Top Bottom