• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

hbkdx12

Ahhh so is this what allows me to upgrade the amount of cash I can carry and stuff? So I basically need to do it right?
Yep. Increasing the amount of fighters in your freezer is probably like the most important thing.

You can also increase your bank and spl capacity but it's kind of a catch 22 because if you have too much laying around then you're basically asking for people to come raid it and take it from you.

MrDaravon

I'm not nearly as far as some folks here, but as far as I can tell all gear is one and done; you don't get more bullets, you can't fix/increase durability on stuff etc.

delSai

If you're out of bullets, throw the weapon away or sell it, then get a new one, either inside the Tower or if you have the blueprint you can of course just buy it, if you researched it before.

Yeezus

Yep. Increasing the amount of fighters in your freezer is probably like the most important thing.

You can also increase your bank and spl capacity but it's kind of a catch 22 because if you have too much laying around then you're basically asking for people to come raid it and take it from you.

Good tip. Would it be smart to maybe pick a different team
not Canada
that isn't waging digital warfare at a super high speed?

edit: After looking at how the raid select screen works it seems almost irrelevant what team I pick. Of course, there might be something I'm not seeing. Man, this game is stressful.

hbkdx12

Good tip. Would it be smart to maybe pick a different team
not Canada
that isn't waging digital warfare at a super high speed?

edit: After looking at how the raid select screen works it seems almost irrelevant what team I pick. Of course, there might be something I'm not seeing. Man, this game is stressful.

It seems like the best thing to do is to lean heavy in one direction or the other. Either pick a team that has pretty much zero conflict or pick a team that's very large in numbers (i.e. California) so that if a conflict arises they're likely to win and if they do then the rewards you reap can be significant.

Regardless though, the team you pick doesn't do a better or worse job of absolving you of being raided (unless you actually end up in a war). The team stuff seems more important for the battles that happen between two areas.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Yeah but increasing capacity also raises the HP of the tanks... forcing invaders to do more damage to steal its contents. Even if you don't fill the tanks, higher HP is good to have. Better to grind it in early game. Lots of players are going to blow by those early brackets -- keeping them gated out of your waiting room. But if you keep pushing into new brackets, the longer you wait to sort out your defense, the more likely you're dealing with better invaders who understand the game and its exploits.

Just sayin.

deoee

As there's no link in the first post - Is there any decent guide for what the fuck you're supposed to do in the game?

I played for ~1 h and got to the first elevator in my first real run but I have no idea what I'm even doing, what the insurance does, what the freezers are etc.

2531580-tumblr_m7wqdhyyuq1r1203yo1_1280.gif

delSai

What is the TDM thing?

It's the Tokyo Death Metro. By talking to it's Character Tetsuo, you can upgrade your Waiting Room (Bigger Bank, Freezer..), put your Fighters in Defense for when other players are raiding you and you can raid other players to get Cash and SPLithium.

As there's no link in the first post - Is there any decent guide for what the fuck you're supposed to do in the game?

I played for ~1 h and got to the first elevator in my first real run but I have no idea what I'm even doing, what the insurance does, what the freezers are etc.

What you're supposed to do? Climb the Tower, get to the top.

The Insurance brings you back to life right where you died by using one Death Metal. If you dont choose that way, you'll be ported back to the Waiting Room and have to pay Kill Coins to get your Fighter back or you get back to where you lost your Fighter, fight him/her and get the character back that way.

The Freezer is the place where you switch out your Figthter, it's important to have more than just one. You can buy different type of classes, have to be unlocked first tho, delete the ones you dont need, change names. That kind of stuff. Hope i was able to help a bit lol.

deoee

It's the Tokyo Death Metro. By talking to it's Character Tetsuo, you can upgrade your Waiting Room (Bigger Bank, Freezer..), put your Fighters in Defense for when other players are raiding you and you can raid other players to get Cash and SPLithium.

What you're supposed to do? Climb the Tower, get to the top.

The Insurance brings you back to life right where you died by using one Death Metal. If you dont choose that way, you'll be ported back to the Waiting Room and have to pay Kill Coins to get your Fighter back or you get back to where you lost your Fighter, fight him/her and get the character back that way.

The Freezer is the place where you switch out your Figthter, it's important to have more than just one. You can buy different type of classes, have to be unlocked first tho, delete the ones you dont need, change names. That kind of stuff. Hope i was able to help a bit lol.

I mean, all those things are pretty "clear" but my god, it's kinda confusing reading the balloons all the time, just wandering around in the corridors :D

I couldn't even find a way to quit the game, I teleported back to the Arcade but there was nothing.

Then there's those service wagons with stuff in it and all...

I guess it becomes clearer the more you play but at first it's just something you can't play "just for fun" :p

And thanks for the help!

Have you been reading the messages in the balloons? The tutorial pages in this game are actually pretty helpful. A lot of the basic questions people keep asking are answered in those. If anyone skipped them, they are in your rolodex under Barb's Bible. Insurance is a continue (explained and given to you once for free when you die the first time), and the freezer is where you keep fighters. There is a tutorial page dedicated to the freezer as well.

deoee

Have you been reading the messages in the balloons? The tutorial pages in this game are actually pretty helpful. A lot of the basic questions people keep asking are answered in those. If anyone skipped them, they are in your rolodex under Barb's Bible. Insurance is a continue (explained and given to you once for free when you die the first time), and the freezer is where you keep fighters. There is a tutorial page dedicated to the freezer as well.

Yeah see above, I read them but it's like 20 of those in the first 20 minutes of the game and as you return to the hub there's even more.

I guess I'll just play on for a bit and try to make sense :)

hbkdx12

What is the TDM thing?

You affiliate yourself with a team based on your preferred state or country and then you can raid other players to try to steal their resources and others can do the same to you when you're exploring the tower tower or offline. You can also set up AI controlled fighters to help defend your resources.

Yeah but increasing capacity also raises the HP of the tanks... forcing invaders to do more damage to steal its contents. Even if you don't fill the tanks, higher HP is good to have. Better to grind it in early game. Lots of players are going to blow by those early brackets -- keeping them gated out of your waiting room. But if you keep pushing into new brackets, the longer you wait to sort out your defense, the more likely you're dealing with better invaders who understand the game and its exploits.

Just sayin.

It's important. Im not saying it should be neglected but having more fighters is probably more important for reasons that go beyond just having a good defense. Even then, i'd rather have 5 or 6 defenders and a relatively weak bank rather than 1 or 2 defenders and a strong bank that's not going to have much money in it anyway. That's the thing, you don't want to be caught sitting around with tons of money regardless of what your bank capacity/HP looks like. You're basically putting a target on your head and i'd bet anything that there will be a high level player with full mastery in some high damage weapon that'll cut through the thing in no time.

Yeah see above, I read them but it's like 20 of those in the first 20 minutes of the game and as you return to the hub there's even more.

I guess I'll just play on for a bit and try to make sense :)
Yeah, there are definitely a ton of systems in the game. But like delSai mentioned, they will come together quick!

Lokbob

Finally managed to capture someone in TDM, so I prepared a defense. Equipped 3 grade 3 fighters with Machete E and Nailgun+, it wrecked like 15 people trying to rescue the person lol.

This game is so good, I hope the developers are rewarded. I'll definitely spend money on it at some point. I think they have the right FTP model in that their first goal seemed to be to create an awesome game that people want to support. When I spend money on the game I will consider it more of a donation than something I need to do to play the game.

When people talk about "brackets," do they know exactly where the cut offs are?

I mean what determines putting me in a higher bracket in terms of raiding etc?

I figured it had to do with how far we have climbed in the tower but I could be totally wrong.

delSai

It's because of Lirik

32k viewers.
He's changing games every ~1h today.

Also I often get kinda stun locked in the game.
Is there something like a parry?

Ah i see, still cool to see it in the Top Streamed Games :D

To parry, press O. Hold O to block.

Evolved1

You affiliate yourself with a team based on your preferred state or country and then you can raid other players to try to steal their resources and others can do the same to you when you're exploring the tower tower or offline. You can also set up AI controlled fighters to help defend your resources.

It's important. Im not saying it should be neglected but having more fighters is probably more important for reasons that go beyond just having a good defense. Even then, i'd rather have 5 or 6 defenders and a relatively weak bank rather than 1 or 2 defenders and a strong bank that's not going to have much money in it anyway. That's the thing, you don't want to be caught sitting around with tons of money regardless of what your bank capacity/HP looks like. You're basically putting a target on your head and i'd bet anything that there will be a high level player with full mastery in some high damage weapon that'll cut through the thing in no time.

Right. I upgraded my freezer before anything else. I'm just saying this stuff is less hassle and/or risk the sooner you do it.

And it eventually has to be done. So might as well get it out of the way while it's easier.

i want to buy those death medals, but they're not available in UK STORE.

is it ok to buy in Canada store, will it be ok?
If you have to use a separate canadian account to buy them, they might not appear for your UK account. I don't know if anyone here has tried cross region death metals, but I know from experience buying other virtual currency on the Asia store (with an asian psn account) that it wasn't available on my US account. Software and dlc in general works, but currency doesn't as far as I know.

Of course, you could gamble your cash for science!

hbkdx12

I mean, all those things are pretty "clear" but my god, it's kinda confusing reading the balloons all the time, just wandering around in the corridors :D

I couldn't even find a way to quit the game, I teleported back to the Arcade but there was nothing.

Then there's those service wagons with stuff in it and all...

I guess it becomes clearer the more you play but at first it's just something you can't play "just for fun" :p

And thanks for the help!

Some quick tips

-Take it slow. Don't bother running unless you have to. Last thing you want to do is run yourself into a situation you can't handle. Everything in this game is lethal. Best to treat it as such. Not to mention it's a huge cost on stamina in the early going

- Try to avoid fights with more than one enemy.

-Enemies have eagle vision and will lock on to you from great distances once they see you and they have infinite aggro meaning it's nearly impossible to run away from them or get them to leave you alone. So once you aggro someone, the best thing to do is to just deal with them because running away from them could mean you running into other enemies in which case now you have a mob of enemies chasing you down that wont stop.

-Always be listening. If you hear a commotion as if two enemies are fighting, BE VIGILANT! It means that you have a hater/hunter in your game. Normal enemies will not fight each other. More often than not, this hater/hunter will be stronger than the regular enemies and in the early game it's very likely they'll be much stronger than you. If possible, avoid them if your not leveled up otherwise play it smart and take your time in dealing with them. Depending on your level in relation to theirs, you can easily be OHKO'd

-Death metals act as instant revives. In the early game it's not worth burning these everytime you die. Save these for bosses. If you die you can refuse the instant revive and go to your fighter freezer and salvage your fighter for coins depending on what floor they died on. Being that you're not that far into the tower, the cost of this won't be overwhelmingly high, just use another fighter to grind some cash if need be.

-If you look at the map (down on d-pad) you'll eventually notice that the main elevator runs through all the central areas on any given floor so if you're in an area that has an elevator, make finding and activating that elevator priority numero uno

-The escalators are color coded and corresponds to the colored lines on the map. Make note of this to properly plot out where you want to go.

-Treat undiscovered blueprints as gold. You want to get these back to the waiting room and give these to the blacksmith at all costs. If you find yourself with 3 or 4 blueprints and a full death bag, that's probably a good indication that you want to make your way back to the waiting room sooner than later.

-Find weapons you like and use them often. Every weapon has 20 levels of proficiency that carries over between all your fighters. The more you use it the more it levels up and each time it does it gets a stat buff.

-WHenever you get the chance, cook all your mushrooms and food sources. It buffs their effects quite significantly

Evolved1

When people talk about "brackets," do they know exactly where the cut offs are?

I mean what determines putting me in a higher bracket in terms of raiding etc?

I figured it had to do with how far we have climbed in the tower but I could be totally wrong.
You're bumped into new brackets every time new (star rank) fighters are available.

I think you actually have to buy one for it to take effect though... but I haven't tested it.

Yeezus

It seems like the best thing to do is to lean heavy in one direction or the other. Either pick a team that has pretty much zero conflict or pick a team that's very large in numbers (i.e. California) so that if a conflict arises they're likely to win and if they do then the rewards you reap can be significant.

Regardless though, the team you pick doesn't do a better or worse job of absolving you of being raided (unless you actually end up in a war). The team stuff seems more important for the battles that happen between two areas.

Okay sweet, thanks for the advice.

MrDaravon

Okay I'm trying to figure out all of the Raid/MP screens and this is nonsense, I apologize in advance for the barrage of questions here.

-How long does each "event" (cycle?) last for? Seeing people on this page mention rewards but I didn't get anything, but I also haven't done a Raid since yesterday (and I got the rewards from that last night). Are those rewards purely based on how well your team did?

-What is the medal with the number under it under your Team Details (to the right of No. of members, Win/Loss counts)? Seems like most states have zero wins and losses right now, but the number under the medals are all around 60-70 mostly?

-I'm not fully understanding the region battle thing; since it seems like you only can attack random targets or do rescues, I'm not seeing anything that lets you single out a specific region for attack so this seems kinda pointless?

-Speaking of Rescue, as far as I know I haven't had any fighters taken from me (I'm not missing anyone) but I have 4 options on this screen. I also never got any mail or notification that I had been raided. So if these are people who have taken my fighters, does that mean you don't actually for real lose your fighters in Raids, the attacker is just making away with a "copy" of one of them?

So confused ._. Like, I fully understand (at least I think) the actual mechanics of doing the actual Raid, it's the surrounding meta and menus I don't get.

delSai

2 Questions:

1. How do I cook mushrooms?

2. What are these "wars" people are referring to?

1. Go to the Mushroom Club, you'll see a Fire in front of it, on the right side. Press the left side of the touchpad, walk up to it and press X to cook it. The icon that tells you that you can cook is the Guy dropping a Frog or whatever it is, make sure not to throw it.

You can also use a Fireworks Launcher to cook Beasts.

2. Talk to Tetsuo (Death Metro Guy), on the right side of the screen you'll see bars filling, they'll clash and two Teams go into War, by raiding people from the other teams you'll help your own and if you win the War you'll get a good amount of SPLithium and KillCoins. So the more you raid a Team, the more Hate you'll build up, until a war starts. You even get a notification that tells you a War is about to start.

1. Go to the Mushroom Club, you'll see a Fire in front of it, on the right side. Press the left side of the touchpad, walk up to it and press X to cook it. The icon that tells you that you can cook is the Guy dropping a Frog or whatever it is, make sure not to throw it.

You can also use a Fireworks Launcher to cook Beasts.

2. Talk to Tetsuo (Death Metro Guy), on the right side of the screen you'll see bars filling, they'll clash and two Teams go into War, by raiding people from the other teams you'll help your own and if you win the War you'll get a good amount of SPLithium and KillCoins. So the more you raid a Team, the more Hate you'll build up, until a war starts. You even get a notification that tells you a War is about to start.
You can cook mushrooms over any fire, even ones found in dungeons too

hbkdx12

Okay I'm trying to figure out all of the Raid/MP screens and this is nonsense, I apologize in advance for the barrage of questions here.

-How long does each "event" (cycle?) last for? Seeing people on this page mention rewards but I didn't get anything, but I also haven't done a Raid since yesterday (and I got the rewards from that last night). Are those rewards purely based on how well your team did?

-What is the medal with the number under it under your Team Details (to the right of No. of members, Win/Loss counts)? Seems like most states have zero wins and losses right now, but the number under the medals are all around 60-70 mostly?

-I'm not fully understanding the region battle thing; since it seems like you only can attack random targets or do rescues, I'm not seeing anything that lets you single out a specific region for attack so this seems kinda pointless?

-Speaking of Rescue, as far as I know I haven't had any fighters taken from me (I'm not missing anyone) but I have 4 options on this screen. I also never got any mail or notification that I had been raided. So if these are people who have taken my fighters, does that mean you don't actually for real lose your fighters in Raids, the attacker is just making away with a "copy" of one of them?

So confused ._.

1) I'm assuming you mean the war between two states/countries. I haven't been in one yet so i can't speak on it

2)The number under the medal is the TDM points. Every time you successfully complete a raid you get points and every time you get raided you lose points. So very loosely, that number basically represents the experience a person has. Often time if you raid someone with 0 TDM points they will generally have no defenses set up.

3) i don't think you can single out a particular region other than just refreshing the raid list and only going after people of whatever region you may want to attack

4) if someone takes one of your fighters, they will actually be taken and you will know about it. They will actually be missing from your locker and then you can either go on a revenge raid to try to get them back or hope someone else raids that person and frees them. In either case they'll come back naked without any decals and items they had before they got kidnapped

2 Questions:

1. How do I cook mushrooms?

2. What are these "wars" people are referring to?

1) find an open fire. Press the left side of the touch pad to get into the throwing animation. Get close to the open fire and press X. Your fighter will stick it into the fire and cook it.

2) If the team your on attacks enough people on another team enough and vice versa they start a war and basically each person on the team can only raid players from the opposing team. The team that wins more raids wins the war and you get a bunch of coins and SPL out of it. The system is kind of broken though because if your team has the numbers advantage in terms of members then you're more than likely to win the war (which is why most people are just joining california)

Top Bottom