• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Btw I've been reading a lot of posts where folks are complaining about the cost of consumables like the 20K bedroll... just wait. You should see what my damn weapons and armor costs.

20K is nothing in this game. I have 10 bedrolls just sitting in storage.

Evolved1

That sucks... sorry bro :<

Hmm, what in his post made you feel that he didn't know that? Or does proper cooking the negative effect mushrooms make them better?
He's been tossing his grenade and poison shrooms in the fire. Throwing them sets them off. That's why he said don't cook them, because they go off.

Must not realize you can hold them over the fire.

I didn't either, at first. It was funny.

Almost every shroom is better by cooking.

This is stupid. I'm getting raided like Crazy from Canada because of our fight. But when I click raid it says couldn't find anyone and I'm only allowed to raid canadians right now as is.

Evolved1

Btw, cooking noobs, (this was mentioned earlier) but mushroom queen has a handy cooking fire right by her shop.

Cook your shrooms. Yes, for bigger booms.

Man, rhyming feels good.

I need more explanation on how this fighter management stuff works. I've been playing with my character who is now level 13. However in the freezer I have a character who had a successful expedition and she's still level 1. Do I have to play the same levels again with her? Can she level up on her own? If I want another fighter, does it mean I have to repeat all the levels with him/her?

squidyj

Tier 2 DIY top with tier 2 trucker hat and pants makes for one cool looking outfit

i have a bunch of special forces tier 2 stuff and a machete. looks like a south american guerilla.

I need more explanation on how this fighter management stuff works. I've been playing with my character who is now level 13. However in the freezer I have a character who had a successful expedition and she's still level 1. Do I have to play the same levels again with her? Can she level up on her own? If I want another fighter, does it mean I have to repeat all the levels with him/her?

You will need to level up with them again, but your progress on the tower, your gear, and your weapon masteries persist between fighters, so it will be easier to level your second fighter up.

This is stupid. I'm getting raided like Crazy from Canada because of our fight. But when I click raid it says couldn't find anyone and I'm only allowed to raid canadians right now as is.
Same thing is happening to me, I'm also in California. Not just Canada raiding me though... I'm gonna have a long revenge list.

Dubz

The people that made this game have no doubtedly ingested a lot of drugs. Most likely mushrooms. And I thank them for it.

LOL

Dude you cook with X. lol

You CAN cook things other ways (throwing in the fire, shooting with the fireworks gun, flamethrower, etc) but proper cooking is done by left on touchpad and then X when you see the cooking icon. You have to be close to the fire.

lol

Wow, thanks a lot. I'll try it tomorrow.

That sucks... sorry bro :<

Hmm, what in his post made you feel that he didn't know that? Or does proper cooking the negative effect mushrooms make them better?

Probably because I said that throwing the negative stuff made it go off, which only makes sense related to cooking if you cook like I was doing (throwing stuff into the fire). In any case, he was right, I didn't know about using X. It just seemed very videogamey, and thus Let-It-Die-y, to throw stuff into the fire to cook it. :) (it's also quite fast except for having to sit through the pick up animation for each item).

LOL

Dude you cook with X. lol

You CAN cook things other ways (throwing in the fire, shooting with the fireworks gun, flamethrower, etc) but proper cooking is done by left on touchpad and then X when you see the cooking icon. You have to be close to the fire.

lol

He's not the first one. I was throwing frogs into the pot too :(

It was Let-it-Die-ey

or, you know, just support the same feature that exists on a myriad of other PS4 software as part of the base game.

I agree with you. Obviously it should just be supported, but it's an incentive piece for them at least if they do that. Should just be supported though yea.

Justified

So I'm quoting myself with now a picture included.

CzUJpEFVIAA_sep.jpg:large

It just seems that I'm locked out from every angle to get to the floor 11 boss. Even the green lock on the Seyane I can't go through, because the switch is on THE OTHER side of the gate. Same thing with the green lock going down from UKONGOAKA, it's unlocked but the gate switch is on the other side.

I just went through this same thing.

There are 2 other rooms to the left on floor 10, and 11. They are not shown on your map because you haven't visit them. You have to go back to Floor 8 and take a different escalator up to reach them.

The room on floor 11 connects to the black room on floor 13 on your map, however its lock behind a gate. The only way to open the gate is to go to floor 12 take the blue escalator down, and fight the Mid-boss

squidyj

I really dislike how cali is just blowing up because it was already huge. not fair for other teams
Like Team Canada :(

Any suggestions for
Goto on 21?
I have level 20 with swords and stuff and my weapon is doing maybe 1/200th of his health per hit. Also transfungus didn't seem to do anything. He just attacked me as per norm.

Any suggestions for
Goto on 21?
I have level 20 with swords and stuff and my weapon is doing maybe 1/200th of his health per hit. Also transfungus didn't seem to do anything. He just attacked me as per norm.

Got him with the trusty Irons. The sword would barely dent him.

Holy crap! Floor 21+ got painful! Some enemies can kill me in 2 shots if I am not careful. D:

What floor do we get rank 4 fighters? I'm on 24 and no new fighters yet.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The game says to level up in the waiting room. Where do I go?
mingo headddd :D

check out some other stuff you might be interested in here:

(just added the cooking controls)

If i die and i don't pay insurance i lose my character?
No, you can buy him back with kill coins
You can also physically go back to the spot where your character died, kill the character's hater and then they'll be back in your freezer.
If you buy them back with Coins you'll retain their inventory (and coins). If you go get them back manually by killing the hater, it costs nothing but they will be naked.

Just cleared the first floor. I had fun playing this game, just needs to dig deeper into the system more. Also messed up my attack often because I failed to judge the attack range correctly.

Is there any lock on target in this game??

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just cleared the first floor. I had fun playing this game, just needs to dig deeper into the system more. Also messed up my attack often because I failed to judge the attack range correctly.

R3 to lock, d-pad up to switch targets.

Just noticed while mass-grilling at the Mushroom Magistrate (<3)... the frogs are still alive in your pocket. Grilling frogs alive, yum yum

Dubz

Press R3 to lock on.

The express elevator glitched out again, and of course it always glitches out on the higher floors, so the cost to buy my body back is insanely high.

This time I was only going to 14, can't imagine this thing glitching out on floors near 20, costing you however much that is. (30-40k?)

The express elevator glitched out again, and of course it always glitches out on the higher floors, so the cost to buy my body back is insanely high.

This time I was only going to 14, can't imagine this thing glitching out on floors near 20, costing you however much that is. (30-40k?)
What actually happened to you? I.e. what is the elevator bug?

I'm having a hell of a time leveling these alts because I keep getting hunted by max level characters.

I look forward to revenge hunting them when they show up in my list though.

Top Bottom