• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Is there an elevator on every floor?

I didn't find one on 5 or 6 on my way to Jin Die. Not so bad starting on 4 again, but I'd rather find them all.

Is there an elevator on every floor?

I didn't find one on 5 or 6 on my way to Jin Die. Not so bad starting on 4 again, but I'd rather find them all.

There should be one on most floors, check your map to see the rooms that line up with your waiting room. The floor with Jin Die should definitely have one

Yea I know how to check my map, but not how to figure out where the elevators are by "lining it up with the waiting room." What does that mean?

hbkdx12

Yea I know how to check my map, but not how to figure out where the elevators are by "lining it up with the waiting room." What does that mean?

When you look at the map you'll see different white areas. The white areas that run down the middle of the tower, that line up with the waiting room, should have elevators within those areas.

If an area you been too has an elevator you'll see a purple square with an up and down symbol in it

Any room on the same y as your waiting room (i.e. anything you can draw a vertical line / elevator shaft through) has an elevator on the main shaft. You'll notice floor 2 does not. A room on floor 2 does have an elevator, but it's a side shaft that goes higher up in the tower.

Edit: Floor 5 does have an elevator stop on the main line, but that room doesn't have an escalator to the room below it also on the main shaft. Sometimes you have to take a side path up to go back down to get to a room on the main shaft.

The purple icons are elevators and there is a purple line going straight down connecting them all. If you're on a floor with that icon it means there's an elevator somewhere on it which can be used to take you back to the waiting room.

MrDaravon

Is there any sort of compiled resource of where materials tend to be found, aka commonly on this floor/area or anything like that? I feel like I see the same resources in the same areas usually but I'm hurting for some stuff I don't see often (at this point), mostly wool/cotton and iron scraps.

Is it worth upgrading weapons? Looks like it barely boosts damage (at least on the metal bat and hammer) but if it means they're more durable that'd be nice

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is there any sort of compiled resource of where materials tend to be found, aka commonly on this floor/area or anything like that? I feel like I see the same resources in the same areas usually but I'm hurting for some stuff I don't see often (at this point), mostly wool/cotton and iron scraps.
You'll find all of that on the first few floors. It's semi-random. But those are common bracket 1 mats.

Evolved1

Is it worth upgrading weapons? Looks like it barely boosts damage (at least on the metal bat and hammer) but if it means they're more durable that'd be nice
Yes. Even crappy stuff gets better. Every 4 upgrades, it evolves into a higher tier version.

hbkdx12

Thanks for the map help.

Can you aim the crossbow like the magnum? Just crafted my first

It's single handed so you can't aim it with a reticle like the magnum. Use R3 to lock on to who you want to shoot and press up on the d pad if you want to switch the lock on between targets

Yes, absolutely. Combine a highly upgraded weapon with full mastery and it will serve you very well.

Lork

If you click R3 a few times on the item you can see a letter grade durability rating which does improve when the item is upgraded. I haven't played enough with bought weapons to get a sense of how significant that is, but that's what would be the difference maker, if there is one.

I'm at Tagehara (level 4) and my character is fully maxed out. How do I get to the next phase where I can level up further? Also is there an easy way to find blueprints?

The differences aren't too noticeable until you get them to +4 and open up the 2-star version of those weapons. Things like the 2-star hammer and magnum have been amazing where I'm at right now (floor 20)

hbkdx12

I'm at Tagehara (level 4) and my character is fully maxed out. How do I get to the next phase where I can level up further? Also is there an easy way to find blueprints?

When you get to floor 11 you can buy a higher grade of characters that have higher level caps

MrDaravon

Just got to and killed the first real boss, holy fucking shit this game

Also did beating that boss change the tower? My map is like half different now with a bunch of missing rooms as well as new unexplored rooms (I had the map fully uncovered previously).

You'll find all of that on the first few floors. It's semi-random. But those are common bracket 1 mats.

Yeah I'm drowning in everything else and stopped picking up most mats hours ago, but wool and cotton specifically I can't seem to get to save my life, with iron scraps right behind.

Thanks for all the help, guys. Finally done with the worst part of the learning curve I hope.

So where is the best spot to farm cotton and wool? I want to upgrade my gear.

Edit: ok early floors for farming.

hbkdx12

Just got to and killed the first real boss, holy fucking shit this game

Also did beating that boss change the tower? My map is like half different now with a bunch of missing rooms as well as new unexplored rooms (I had the map fully uncovered previously).

Yeah I'm drowning in everything else and stopped picking up most mats hours ago, but wool and cotton specifically I can't seem to get to save my life, with iron scraps right behind.

I think it does change a bit when you beat a boss but it also changes on its own like every other day

Thanks for all the help, guys. Finally done with the worst part of the learning curve I hope.

So where is the best spot to farm cotton and wool? I want to upgrade my gear.

When i grind out new characters i go to the third floor and fight coen and work my way down to the waiting room and i'm constantly tripping over iron scrap and cotton.

Nooope done with the game for now. They need to patch the haters in this game. Literally got attacked my 4 haters right in a row.. 20 plus my level.

hbkdx12

lol yeah. The left and right sides of the tower will change about every other day on their own. The central part of the tower where the elevator runs through stays the same.

So you will login one day and see areas in different places, connected to different rooms with slightly different pathing and new undiscovered rooms.

Caim

Levels are weird in this game.

Floor 13 (probably an alternate route) had a bunch of 42-49s but the level 29 Hater gave me a lot more trouble, but that's probably because they were more developed.

Came out with three blueprints and a bunch of shotguns and snipers.

Going multiple floors hoping you'll find an elevator soon is terrifying.

EDIT: Apparently taking any elevator to MAKA-TSUTSUMI can result in an instant death bug.

MUnited83

For you.
What exactly do you lose on death? I'm assuming the only thing you retain is floor/elevators, the item storage from the base, and unlocked blueprints. Is this accurate or is there anything else carried over?

Levels are weird in this game.

Floor 13 (probably an alternate route) had a bunch of 42-49s but the level 29 Hater gave me a lot more trouble, but that's probably because they were more developed.

Came out with three blueprints and a bunch of shotguns and snipers.

Going multiple floors hoping you'll find an elevator soon is terrifying.

EDIT: Apparently taking any elevator to MAKA-TSUTSUMI can result in an instant death bug.

Lock onto them next time, they were likely a rank 2. A rank 2, 29 would be more powerful than a 42-49 rank 1.

What exactly do you lose on death? I'm assuming the only thing you retain is floor/elevators, the item storage from the base, and unlocked blueprints. Is this accurate or is there anything else carried over?

Everything on the character except permanent decals. Unless you scavenge them, then you get everything back.

MrDaravon

lol yeah. The left and right sides of the tower will change about every other day on their own. The central part of the tower where the elevator runs through stays the same.

So you will login one day and see areas in different places, connected to different rooms with slightly different pathing and new undiscovered rooms.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS GAME???

Do you keep map progress when the rotation comes back around? Like if there's 3 Tower "versions" or whatever, do you keep route unlocks etc for each one?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I've just beaten the first mid-boss and would like some advice on how to proceed.

Only have one maxed out fighter. I ran another through the first floor to max his HP and VIT...
Is this the only way to level up new fighters? By taking them back through lower floors?
Also is this actually a good use of time (for base defense, etc.) or should I concentrate on advancing through the floors with my main fighter?

I think I have 40k Kill Coins and can't bank any more. Is there a way to increase the max?
What should I be spending them on? New fighters? Equipment for new fighters?

Also Decals? I could stock up on them for later, but how do you increase the number of slots?

On that note, I read you can purchase inventory slots using Death Medals. Where do you do this?

I just unlocked the Metro and registered to UK (no Tokyo yet), but I'm scared to use it before spending some of these resources. Where/how do you spend SPLithium?

Thanks for any help!

MUnited83

For you.
Lock onto them next time, they were likely a rank 2. A rank 2, 29 would be more powerful than a 42-49 rank 1.

Everything on the character except permanent decals. Unless you scavenge them, then you get everything back.
Are those the regular ones at the mushroom club? Should I just buy a bunch of them with the gold I have now?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS GAME???

Do you keep map progress when the rotation comes back around? Like if there's 3 Tower "versions" or whatever, do you keep route unlocks etc for each one?
Yes, you keep your map progress. Keep an eye out for the stamp machines in the side rooms. Some are only available in certain configurations!

I really like that they don't explain this anywhere, and just let you notice. Was amazing to look at the map that first time and wonder what the hell just happened.

hbkdx12

I've just beaten the first mid-boss and would like some advice on how to proceed.

Only have one maxed out fighter. I ran another through the first floor to max his HP and VIT...
Is this the only way to level up new fighters? By taking them back through lower floors?
Also is this actually a good use of time (for base defense, etc.) or should I concentrate on advancing through the floors with my main fighter?

I think I have 40k Kill Coins and can't bank any more. Is there a way to increase the max?
What should I be spending them on? New fighters? Equipment for new fighters?

Also Decals? I could stock up on them for later, but how do you increase the number of slots?

On that note, I read you can purchase inventory slots using Death Medals. Where do you do this?

I just unlocked the Metro and registered to UK (no Tokyo yet), but I'm scared to use it before spending some of these resources. Where/how do you spend SPLithium?

Thanks for any help!

in regards to leveling up, grinding through lower floors is like the only "safe" way to do it. You could try to push them through the tower on higher floors but that's basically a death sentence. I usually just take the elevator to coen on the 3rd floor, beat him and then work my way down to the waiting room. You can max out grade 1 fighters this way in about 3, maybe 4 trips. I would say it's a good idea to have atleast one other fighter that's heavily leveled in case something happens to your main, plus you'll be using them to defend on raids and on expeditions anyway. As far as the best use of your time i would say grind up your characters and try to get as many blueprints as you can. Having good weapons you can purchase before going back in the tower is important.

To increase your max bank you have to start doing raids. Once you've done your first tutorial raid, you'll be able to use SPL to increase your bank. Coins can only be spent on item purchases, decals and salvaging fighters or buying new ones (once you have an open slot). To upgrade your capacity for new fighters you're going to have to do raids and use SPL to increase the freezer size, the coins won't help with that. Once you open yourself up to raids, you want to be conscious about not having too much money or SPL laying around when you go in the tower or offline as it just makes it enticing for people to come and raid you

You're going to want to spend down the money you have now so stacking up on decals isn't necessarily a bad thing. Gearing up your fighters assuming you have blueprints unlocked is a good way to burn money. The slots for decals increase as you get access to higher grade fighters which happens by advancing through the tower.

To get more storage space you go to the pause menu>DH express> expand storage. Something to that effect.

Alastor3

I went up to lvl like 14, did all the alternate route before that. Had 1 lvl 46 and 4-5 lvl 25. But than I died, had to revive for 17k and got raided for the hour I was between floor 11-14.

I wish I can play this game but it's too much grinding for me since you have to get a bit of money if you die and since you have to make a few characters defend you base.

I have way too many games in my backlog for a grinding game sadly :(

But Uncle Deathh....

Evolved1

So I got rewarded two bag slots. They're items. Wtf.

Think I'm gonna hold onto them for higher tier character.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
in regards to leveling up, grinding through lower floors is like the only "safe" way to do it. You could try to push them through the tower on higher floors but that's basically a death sentence. I usually just take the elevator to coen on the 3rd floor, beat him and then work my way down to the waiting room. You can max out grade 1 fighters this way in about 3, maybe 4 trips. I would say it's a good idea to have atleast one other fighter that's heavily leveled in case something happens to your main, plus you'll be using them to defend on raids and on expeditions anyway. As far as the best use of your time i would say grind up your characters and try to get as many blueprints as you can. Having good weapons you can purchase before going back in the tower is important.

To increase your max bank you have to start doing raids. Once you've done your first tutorial raid, you'll be able to use SPL to increase your bank. Coins can only be spent on item purchases, decals and salvaging fighters or buying new ones (once you have an open slot). To upgrade your capacity for new fighters you're going to have to do raids and use SPL to increase the freezer size, the coins won't help with that. Once you open yourself up to raids, you want to be conscious about not having too much money or SPL laying around when you go in the tower or offline as it just makes it enticing for people to come and raid you

You're going to want to spend down the money you have now so stacking up on decals isn't necessarily a bad thing. Gearing up your fighters assuming you have blueprints unlocked is a good way to burn money. The slots for decals increase as you get access to higher grade fighters which happens by advancing through the tower.

To get more storage space you go to the pause menu>DH express> expand storage. Something to that effect.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the speedy and detailed reply.
Sounds like you need to start raiding in order to start spending.
I'll take your advice and level up a few peeps using your strategy (didn't realise Coen respawned).

Hellshy.

Can someone explain to me where the blue escalator is that leads back down to floor 11. I tried finding it last night and just took elevator back up to 12 and still don't see it. I must be blind

Edit: Nevermind I was blind

Phil Fish

Banned
I got raided a few times, and it showed that one of my dudes was captured. Is he gone forever until I raid that same guy and release him? Then again I raided the guy but I didn't see anyone that I could rescue.

Yes, you keep your map progress. Keep an eye out for the stamp machines in the side rooms. Some are only available in certain configurations!

I really like that they don't explain this anywhere, and just let you notice. Was amazing to look at the map that first time and wonder what the hell just happened.

Do you get anything for completing the card in the area? I think I got a Death Metal for getting 5. I got something.

Edit: If you have people in your freezer on defense, make sure they don't have stuff equipped in the express slots if you let the pass run out. Had to reequip everyone haha.

saturnine

Reached floor 23, and the game is starting to lose me.

The difficulty spikes are getting silly, and the ridiculous grind for upgrade mats isn't helping. Getting killed by a single combo from random enemies when using a max level rank 3 defender with my best armor doesn't feel very fair. I'm having a hard time upgrading anything anymore because everything needs several DOD/War ensemble/candle wolf metals and ungodly amounts of SPL.

I think my biggest issue is the exponential power level progression. Every time you reach a new rank, all your previous stuff becomes utterly shit tier and completely inadequate. Fighters, armor, weapons, you can throw all that in the trash can. Makes the difficulty feel very arbitrary.

Reached floor 23, and the game is starting to lose me.

The difficulty spikes are getting silly, and the ridiculous grind for upgrade mats isn't helping. Getting killed by a single combo from random enemies when using a max level rank 3 defender with my best armor doesn't feel very fair. I'm having a hard time upgrading anything anymore because everything needs several DOD/War ensemble/candle wolf metals and ungodly amounts of SPL.

I think my biggest issue is the exponential power level progression. Every time you reach a new rank, all your previous stuff becomes utterly shit tier and completely inadequate. Fighters, armor, weapons, you can throw all that in the trash can. Makes the difficulty feel very arbitrary.

Lame, I'm on level 13 and am not looking forward to that... sounds like a game killer to me

Do you get anything for completing the card in the area? I think I got a Death Metal for getting 5. I got something.

Edit: If you have people in your freezer on defense, make sure they don't have stuff equipped in the express slots if you let the pass run out. Had to reequip everyone haha.
I've completed the first 10, and a scattering of others. Got one death metal each time I did a set of five (1-5, 6-10). No idea of that reward changes for 11-15 and up. I'd guess no.

I've never seen anyone in the raid list with less than 200 kill coins or splithium. Does this mean that you can't be raided if you have less or does the game just fake your currency and put you in the list anyway?

Also, how is the amount of currency that's up for grabs calculated? Based on all the 2000, 2500, 3000, etc that appears on the list, it looks like it's at most 5% of your bank maximum, but the actual amount is certainly based on your current currency.

If it is 5% of your current currency and 200 is the minimum, 200 would be 5% of 4000, meaning you need at least 4000 of each currency to get raided. Has anyone been raided while their kill coins or splithium were less than 4000? I think I have but can't remember for sure.

Last night I spent all my kill coins before logging off and didn't have any invasions when I logged in around noon. Could have been a coincidence. I'm going to log off with only 78 splithium tonight and see what happens.

There are a few teams that seem to be pretty much empty, with no beef at all.

We could all join one of those places and make it the unofficial "Team GAF". I kinda doubt that they'll patch in a Create a Team feature.

I'm still down for this, we just need to decide on one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Mmm, long one but awesome day and I'm working a half day tomorrow... feels like time to get drunk and LET IT DIE
A few things I learned today (some from MeijinTips, some on my own). Hawkian, please add whichever of these you consider worthwhile to your tips post.

- Press L1 + R1 to taunt. I tried it with two characters (a male and a female) and each had completely different taunts, but I don't know if it goes by gender, class, or what. As far as I know this does absolutely nothing.
- You CAN cook throwable / negative items and it does make them more powerful (obviously for this you have to use the method I didn't know, equip them as if to throw them then approach the fire and press X). I braced myself for the explosive one to go off, but nope! It makes it do more damage (300), and the negative status items' effect last longer (some twice as long).
- The only item you apparently can't cook at all is the golden frog. It would make sense for it not to improve as it already heals you to full, but it just plain won't cook at all. Perhaps it's made of actual gold? Also, the gamble shroom has the same description cooked or raw.
- The game lists the command to reload ammo weapons as L2 + X (or R2 + X). In reality, you want to hold X and then press either L2 or R2.

Thanks again man. Added them.

The newbie tips post in question for anyone whom it might benefit: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226343561&postcount=2079

Top Bottom