• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Finally reached floor 12 (yeah, i'm slow) only to got butchered by a lv. 38 hater with a tuxedo and katana. 3 swipe, and i'm dead. Cost me 13k to get my fighter back. Man, this game is addicting. I want to keep playing, but i encounter some annoying bugs

Some bugs that happen to me:
1. Using Express elevator from waiting room, during loading screen, the music changed, and instead of reaching my destination, the game access fighter freezer. There's 2 character model in the freezer, showing their top equipment. If i did not select any fighter and press back button, i lost all control except accept button. To get out of this bug, i need to select any fighter to get all control back.

2. Another express elevator related bug. I did not reach destination just like before, but this time, the camera stuck in elevalor with the elevator attendant in default pose model (you know, the one with the character standing around with arm spread wide). To get out of this bug i need to return to tile. Things i notice that before this bugs occur, there's a noticeable frame rate dip.

Also, just want to add some tips regarding tokyo death metro:
If you're playing this game without the game fully downloaded, do not do tokyo death metro tutorial when it's available! After the tutorial, you are open to get raid by other players, but you cannot do revenge raid or preparing your defense since the game is not fully downloaded.

Lucent

Finally reached floor 12 (yeah, i'm slow) only to got butchered by a lv. 38 hater with a tuxedo and katana. 3 swipe, and i'm dead. Cost me 13k to get my fighter back. Man, this game is addicting. I want to keep playing, but i encounter some annoying bugs

Some bugs that happen to me:
1. Using Express elevator from waiting room, during loading screen, the music changed, and instead of reaching my destination, the game access fighter freezer. There's 2 character model in the freezer, showing their top equipment. If i did not select any fighter and press back button, i lost all control except accept button. To get out of this bug, i need to select any fighter to get all control back.

2. Another express elevator related bug. I did not reach destination just like before, but this time, the camera stuck in elevalor with the elevator attendant in default pose model (you know, the one with the character standing around with arm spread wide). To get out of this bug i need to return to tile. Things i notice that before this bugs occur, there's a noticeable frame rate dip.

Also, just want to add some tips regarding tokyo death metro:
If you're playing this game without the game fully downloaded, do not do tokyo death metro tutorial when it's available! After the tutorial, you are open to get raid by other players, but you cannot do revenge raid or preparing your defense since the game is not fully downloaded.

Nah I'm only on floor 13 or 14. I don't play as much as I want since I'm tired from work when I get home. I do put in some decent hours when off though. Hearing that people are having difficulty at 25+ and stuff is making me think getting to 128 is not gonna be an easy task. The game hasn't grown old on me yet, but if things start getting too grindy I might mix something else in to fight the fatigue.

big_z

has anyone managed to convert a character in the toilet? 48 hours seems like far too long to successfully do it. the ransom money is nice tho

SomTervo

I didn't know this was supposed to be free. Might try it.

What is the consensus so far?

I picked it up because free yesterday. Only got to sink in 30-60 minutes but it's really compelling. It's worth checking out for the unique/crazy vision if nothing else. It's like Dark Souls by way of cyberpunk Mad Max.

Edit: to add a slightly more dynamic response: it seems really, really good and I'm sure that sentiment will carry for many hours, but I'm pretty sure to 'beat it' or stand any chance of getting near the end it will take hundreds of hours and possibly lots of money. To make it doable or realistic at all.

Lucent

I log in and see 9 people raided me. Fuck. At least 3 were killed by my one guy defending.

Feels like I've been getting attacked more since I joined California. Most of my attackers have been from Canada. They want revenge. Lol. I haven't successfully defended my base once. Only just got one of my rank 2 guys to 39. Having to level over again when you rank up is really making climbing the tower slower than it could be.

Ricker

Mixed reactions and reviews but its free so try it out I guess...just set yout frustration level to very low...its less frustrating when you understand how everything works but its badly explained and the controls makes it hard to pull some stuff...plus touchpad use is awful.

Volcynika

I chose Alabama (since I live there) as my team, and man I had a laugh when the first prompt came up and said "You're fighting with Tennessee." Because at least football wise, everyone here hates Tennessee. So of course we were. Of course we were.

SomTervo

I chose Alabama (since I live there) as my team, and man I had a laugh when the first prompt came up and said "You're fighting with Tennessee." Because at least football wise, everyone here hates Tennessee. So of course we were. Of course we were.

Dat high quality research!

MaKTaiL

Oh my, it's hard to choose a song among so many great ones to Let It Play (see what I did there?) on my waiting room.

Has anyone bought the item that allows you to save and quit in the tower? If so, is it reusable? Even if it is, taking up an item slot and being able to lose it with your fighter makes it seem like an iffy proposition...

Incredible and very well throught out game, probably the best single player F2P game out there. Warning: coccaine levels of addicting.

Worth trying out, aside from the sometimes awfull performance , its mixing up some solid ideas and is pretty fun to play.
Got a great OST aswell.

Huh? It's almost locked 60 FPS for me.

Wereroku

Are there elevators past floor 11? I'm on floor 13 and have yet to see one...

Also, guns are ridiculously overpowered...

I think that is to balance out the fact that they can't be reused once they run out of ammo. I like bats myself. Fast and a cheap strong rage move.

Ryuuga

Banned
I wish there was more of a bonus when you get a successful defense. A paltry amount of SPlitihum is nothing compared to what an attacker can make off with. They drop one item yes, but I feel they should drop them all maybe (decals included)

delSai

I wish there was more of a bonus when you get a successful defense. A paltry amount of SPlitihum is nothing compared to what an attacker can make off with. They drop one item yes, but I feel they should drop them all maybe (decals included)

Yea i agree with this.

What is the Express Elevator?

Also FWIW this thread must be powered by EU players. It kind of does when you guys are all in bed (like 10 PM EST) . . .

MaKTaiL

We are yet to recieve the first major patch. I believe they will fix and add a bunch of requested features. The devs have been very active and vocal on Reddit and they already proved to care a lot about what we have to say. Can't wait for it. :)

Jito

Banned
Mixed reactions and reviews but its free so try it out I guess...just set yout frustration level to very low...its less frustrating when you understand how everything works but its badly explained and the controls makes it hard to pull some stuff...plus touchpad use is awful.

Are people really still having trouble with the touchpad? Its swipe to scroll through your items, left press to enter throw mode and right press to eat it.

What's with the lifts which you find off the path of the main lift? I've not been able to use any I've unlocked yet.

Frimaire

Are people really still having trouble with the touchpad? Its swipe to scroll through your items, left press to enter throw mode and right press to eat it.

The very first time I tried to use the touchpad in this game I ate a boomshroom and it almost killed me.
It seriously took me hours before I figured out how to swap items properly.

The very first time I tried to use the touchpad in this game I ate a boomshroom and it almost killed me.

I ate a boom shrooms in my first run on accident and now I'm always super paranoid when eating mushrooms and beasts.

What's with the lifts which you find off the path of the main lift? I've not been able to use any I've unlocked yet.

I'll press the center pad often only to have my guy pull stuff out to throw. The touchpad just doesn't work very well on PS4. Brand new Pro controller too.

Jito

Banned

I've eaten something by accident too but I can't imagine how it took hours too figure out, you must be exaggerating because it's really not complicated after a minute of testing.

I'll press the center pad often only to have my guy pull stuff out to throw. The touchpad just doesn't work very well on PS4. Brand new Pro controller too.

What do you mean by center pad? The touchpad has two physical buttons in it, the left and the right side, pressing it in the middle will give odd results.

Frimaire

I've eaten something by accident too but I can't imagine how it took hours too figure out, you must be exaggerating because it's really not complicated after a minute of testing.

Hours is not an exaggeration, but that is mostly because I was scared to try to use the touchpad after that...

What do you mean by center pad? The touchpad has two physical buttons in it, the left and the right side, pressing it in the middle will give odd results.

The game literally tells you to press the center of the pad to eat. I guess that explains it.

Is there really any class worth leveling outside Striker, Shooter or Collector for goods? I built a defender to try out, but I mean, is there somewhere we can see each classes ability scaling?

I guess I can understand Defender for a class that needs very high vitality for gear, but at rank 4 doesn't really seem to be many classes that are gear limited yet.

Yeah, nothing like accidentally eating a sleepshroom in front of a hater and getting killed with a goretastic attack.

I don't mix up eat and throw any more, but there have been times where I forget to switch to the right item and eat the wrong thing.

realcZk

I didn't like this game at first...

I was wrong! I'm probably 15 hours in now. It's super addicting. The souls-y combat keeps me focused on whats going on, and there's alway progress to be made somewhere. The combat may not be as polished as a souls game, but once you learn the mechanics its immensely satisfying.

They really spam you with different systems and mechanics when you start out, and it's easy to skim over something important when you're reading a hundred mail messages. I beat the floor 10 boss last night (totally unexpected) and found it quite amusing.

I'm working on leveling up my R2 strikers right now, but I did have a lot of fun farming with a Lucky Star build using the hot irons (soooo many crits!). One-on-one combat is fairly straightforward if you bait attacks and dodge backwards, but things get very interesting in groups. Power attacks can clear multiple enemies quite well once you get the timing down.

Top Bottom