• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

looks like california is picking fights with everyone...They are so big that it is impossible to win against them.
I'm a little annoyed at how the regions work. People should be locked into their region's team and if they want to switch it should take a substantial amount of resources to do so.

MaKTaiL

I'm a little annoyed at how the regions work. People should be locked into their region's team and if they want to switch it should take a substantial amount of resources to do so.
You can only change teams once. After that you have to pay. Most people picked California because it was the one winning first.

You can only change teams once. After that you have to pay. Most people picked California because it was the one winning first.
I think the free change is what unbalanced California. It had a numbers advantage early on, but not by much. After it won the UK fight and people understood the system just favors a big team, the size doubled almost overnight.

I agree though, this system is really screwed up. Guess they thought people would care about playing for their home team more than just winning.

Exactly. Hence why people should be locked into their region's team. It'll still be a little unfair because California of course would still have more people but it would alleviate the problem of people picking Cali just to win.

Zolo

Exactly. Hence why people should be locked into their region's team. It'll still be a little unfair because California of course would still have more people but it would alleviate the problem of people picking Cali just to win.

I feel they'd also need to reorganize the areas as well to be honest, so you just have a smaller amount of large regions than a ton of small regions and a few large ones.

D i Z

I think the free change is what unbalanced California. It had a numbers advantage early on, but not by much. After it won the UK fight and people understood the system just favors a big team, the size doubled almost overnight.

I agree though, this system is really screwed up. Guess they thought people would care about playing for their home team more than just winning.

Cali was at over 9k when the UK battle was over. Now it's over 10k. Not exactly doubled.

----

Great Britain is around 5k, NY, Germany and Florida around 4k. New Mexico and Rhode Island are hurting (300 and 100 respectively). If they split the US up into coastal sectors the coasts would still be a power houses and dwarf Europe until more regions are unlocked.

Finnroth

Lol ist there some other way to survive the first boss other than just spamming death metal? I couldn't dodge anything, literally. Apparently no iframes for bosses?

MrDaravon

How are you guys seeing things like CA is 2-0 etc? I see the heatmap as well, but I'm not seeing a War event or anything similar that's showing numbers like that? If I go into my Reports I still see the one for me (Virginia) from yesterday showing Virginia vs Maryland. Does this stuff just run on a 24 hour cycle or something and when time expires it just shows you vs your closest competitor and who won/lost between the two of you or something?

I did some Raids and got enough SPL to add another freezer slot and bank upgrade, still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing though. The reward bonuses for raiding folks with 0 TDM points seem to be about on par with the people who have points in the hundreds so I was just doing the 0 point ones with one or no fighters on defense lol. I did one Raid against a guy who had like 400 points, I killed his first 4 fighters, then his last done did some sort of attack that enveloped my fighter's head in smoke and I couldn't move or do anything, then after like 15 seconds the guy one-shotted me. So that was rad.

delSai

There are a few teams that seem to be pretty much empty, with no beef at all.

We could all join one of those places and make it the unofficial "Team GAF". I kinda doubt that they'll patch in a Create a Team feature.

We could all join one of those places and make it the unofficial "Team GAF". I kinda doubt that they'll patch in a Create a Team feature.

I still haven't used my transfer, I'd be down for something like that

Is Alabama an option? If so, it should be Alabama.

Lol ist there some other way to survive the first boss other than just spamming death metal? I couldn't dodge anything, literally. Apparently no iframes for bosses?
First boss as in the first midboss?

He just walks forward and swipes twice. Wait for him to do it and then attack. He has some other moves but just keep your distance

Despite the similarities you can't play Let It Die like Dark Souls. I made that mistake at first and yeah, it doesn't work out well

D i Z

How are you guys seeing things like CA is 2-0 etc? I see the heatmap as well, but I'm not seeing a War event or anything similar that's showing numbers like that? If I go into my Reports I still see the one for me (Virginia) from yesterday showing Virginia vs Maryland. Does this stuff just run on a 24 hour cycle or something and when time expires it just shows you vs your closest competitor and who won/lost between the two of you or something?

It looks as if you can only see battle stats for your region. The Visualizer shows who is heavily involved with each other, but they really should give us a global battle chart.

Would we have anywhere close to the numbers on Gaf to not be forever holding L's though? Maybe if we kept ourselves engaged with the smaller regions we could avoid sharing their fate.

Frimaire

So do the stamp machines only appear on certain configurations or something?
I'm just missing stamp #8 and I've searched all(?) 3 areas of the 8th floor pretty thoroughly...

D i Z

Michigan has about 1k and is holding their own with both Ohio and Pennsylvania at the same time, and both have double their numbers. Be interesting to see if they can enter a battle state with three parties.

Baliis

So how do ranks work? I'm rank 4 right now, but don't know why or how to go higher.

Also, am I a dick for raiding low rank people and freeing the tutorial guy you capture? lmao

Can somebody rxplain this raid thing to me? How do two places go to war? How did California beat the Uk? By just raiding them more ofton? I don't get it. S, S, So, So, S, Sorryyyyyyy.

janoDX

So, after winning with California... I got 43k of gold and 43k of souls.

I got them saved on the gift box in case of...

Frimaire

Um... 2200 of each...
Granted, I died after like 5 raids.

Edit: I also got 10k of each a few hours before the battle was over for some "event" not sure if it was from the battle.

squidyj

Is anyone here on the Canadian or UK teams? If so, what did you get for being on the losing side of the fight?

farming 2kish points got me 4500 bonus of each, hardly seems worth it.
10k bonus for the fight.
this team bullshit sucks, everyone jumping on california's dick, fuck off.

Exr

Does this game have a wiki yet? Or some sort of comprehensive page that explains all systems? I get most of it except for how the wars work.

Um... 2200 of each...
Granted, I died after like 5 raids.

Edit: I also got 10k of each a few hours before the battle was over for some "event" not sure if it was from the battle.

farming 2kish points got me 4500 bonus of each, hardly seems worth it.
10k bonus for the fight.
this team bullshit sucks, everyone jumping on california's dick, fuck off.
Damn, that's not much compared to the winning side. Thought for sure the losing side would still get around half or so, not 5-10%.

Really hope they take another look at this fight system and give it an overhaul.

Syysch

Yeah, I'd love to be forced into a region that has very few people with no chance of winning or even participating often at all, instead of where i lived for 95% of my life and consider my home but happen to not currently reside in because of my job.

Some kind of points per number of participating members giving a weighted bonus would be better than trying to balance regions by player counts.

D i Z

Damn, that's not much compared to the winning side. Thought for sure the losing side would still get around half or so, not 5-10%.

Really hope they take another look at this fight system and give it an overhaul.

Yeah that really blows. I'd like to see what the rewards looked like for someone who pulled 15-20, and 50-100 raids before being stopped. I can see lower raid successes (1-10 runs for example) coming up really short given that most people would most likely fall into this bracket, but I bet the more successful raiders banked a decent amount per bracket.

A few things I learned today (some from MeijinTips, some on my own). Hawkian, please add whichever of these you consider worthwhile to your tips post.

- Press L1 + R1 to taunt. I tried it with two characters (a male and a female) and each had completely different taunts, but I don't know if it goes by gender, class, or what. As far as I know this does absolutely nothing.
- You CAN cook throwable / negative items and it does make them more powerful (obviously for this you have to use the method I didn't know, equip them as if to throw them then approach the fire and press X). I braced myself for the explosive one to go off, but nope! It makes it do more damage (300), and the negative status items' effect last longer (some twice as long).
- The only item you apparently can't cook at all is the golden frog. It would make sense for it not to improve as it already heals you to full, but it just plain won't cook at all. Perhaps it's made of actual gold? Also, the gamble shroom has the same description cooked or raw.
- The game lists the command to reload ammo weapons as L2 + X (or R2 + X). In reality, you want to hold X and then press either L2 or R2.

Caim

I'm on Virginia and we were in a battle with Maryland and we lost pretty badly (I think MD also has way more people) and I got 20k SPLithium and 40k coins.

I've only done like 5 raids total.

Frimaire

Is there a bug where decals don't show up on a fighter's equipment screen in the freezer until you mouse ever them?
'Cause that just happened to me, I thought I lost some of my premium decals, but it turns out they were just invisibly equipped on one of my haterfied fighters.

I decided to not use a Death Medal b/c I wanted to go back and gear up before continuing. I had a full pack. Never done this before.

Was expecting to easily find the option to repurchase my character. Can't find it. What is going on???

Help!!!

Finnroth

First boss as in the first midboss?

He just walks forward and swipes twice. Wait for him to do it and then attack. He has some other moves but just keep your distance

Despite the similarities you can't play Let It Die like Dark Souls. I made that mistake at first and yeah, it doesn't work out well

No I meant the Max guy, with the arena that is nearly too small to dodge xD
But you're right, it certainly plays different, though I am not sure how one would usually go about killing Max. I needed 3 Death Metal for that guy :/

hbkdx12

I decided to not use a Death Medal b/c I wanted to go back and gear up before continuing. I had a full pack. Never done this before.

Was expecting to easily find the option to repurchase my character. Can't find it. What is going on???

Help!!!

Go to your fighter freezer and find the slot they were in. The option to buy them back will be there

No I meant the Max guy, with the arena that is nearly too small to dodge xD
But you're right, it certainly plays different, though I am not sure how one would usually go about killing Max. I needed 3 Death Metal for that guy :/

If you push him into the fence, either through dropkicks or attacking (it is like every third hit is a stagger), you can stun him and basically combo him pretty hard. Also unlike Souls games, you can run while in lock-on, it actually is safer than rolling in many instances, because it uses less stamina and you can position yourself better. Running is extremely important against some later bosses.

Finnroth

If you push him into the fence, either through dropkicks or attacking (it is like every third hit is a stagger), you can stun him and basically combo him pretty hard. Also unlike Souls games, you can run while in lock-on, it actually is safer than rolling in many instances, because it uses less stamina and you can position yourself better. Running is extremely important against some later bosses.

Ok that makes sense, I usually tried to dodge instead of running with lock on. Thanks, I think that should help with coming obstacles :D

Floex

Anyone know the best method to level up a new character quicker? My quickest grind so far is to do the first couple of floors, the Coen.

Top Bottom