• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn 10000 Splithium from Yotsuyama?? For what?

Coin in there for me too but I'm full, need to upgrade that capacity ASAP ;)

Hehe, just noticed there's a green light that lights up above the rewards box when you have stuff to claim. <3

edit: Lol you can also cook stuff by just holding it out in Throw Mode and walking over the fire.

Persona7

Banned
How do I switch items when I want to throw something? It keeps defaulting to the frog when I want to throw a bomb mushroom.

Also how do I delete characters to start over? It keeps reverting to the first one I had that dies in the intro.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How do I switch items when I want to throw something? It keeps defaulting to the frog when I want to throw a bomb mushroom.

Also how do I delete characters to start over? It keeps reverting to the first one I had that dies in the intro.
Just swipe left or right on the touchpad without pressing to switch between items.

In the freezer, on the left there are a few options on a Standby character. The final one (trash can) is Remove.

edit: Oh shit you can also rename fighters that are on standby.

edit: oh the 10K splithium and coin reward was for the Raid Event. I didn't even take part lol

edit again: Whoa, Flame Wand blueprint from Uncle Death. Costs a ton of mats I don't have to research, lol

Persona7

Banned
Just swipe left or right on the touchpad without pressing to switch between items.

In the freezer, on the left there are a few options on a Standby character. The final one (trash can) is Remove.

edit: Oh shit you can also rename fighters that are on standby.

edit: oh the 10K splithium and coin reward was for the Raid Event. I didn't even take part lol

edit again: Whoa, Flame Wand blueprint from Uncle Death. Costs a ton of mats I don't have to research, lol

My touch pad must be busted because I tried that.

Thanks.

Baliis

I almost feel bad every time I raid someone who has tons of resources and no defenders, or just like a naked level 1 or something.

Almost.

There's just no way around it. Raid early and raid often guys, max out as much of your waiting room as you can. Splitihium outside raiding drops in pitiful amounts so this is the only way.

Baliis

There's just no way around it. Raid early and raid often guys, max out as much of your waiting room as you can. Splitihium outside raiding drops in pitiful amounts so this is the only way.

It's so brain dead simple. Just pick a 0 rank person with lots of SPL and go take it, they prob won't have any defenders, you just walk in and smash the boxes, walk out with like 3k SPL

It's so brain dead simple. Just pick a 0 rank person with lots of SPL and go take it, they prob won't have any defenders, you just walk in and smash the boxes, walk out with like 3k SPL

Later on when you're on floor 25+ like me you'll wish you had raided earlier, not so simple now. Rescue's are my best outlet right now. I'm not even sure what determines my defence rank, but I still have rank 2 guys, getting constantly raided by rank 4 near 100 guys and I don't even have 1 defender who can probably scratch them or take a hit.

Baliis

Later on when you're on floor 25+ like me you'll wish you had raided earlier, not so simple now.

Lmao, I bet, I'm at 100k cap now for my currencies and can kill most defenders in one combo, if I run into any at all. Got 4 geared out chars defending me though.

edit: like right there, just took 3000/2500 off a guy who had some easy to kill defenders, plus the 800/800 bonus. Even if you lose, you only lose the items youre carrying which is just like 8k worth of coins for me.

Lmao, I bet, I'm at 100k cap now for my currencies and can kill most defenders in one combo, if I run into any at all. Got 4 geared out chars defending me though.

I have like 7 geared characters, mainly Rank 3, have heavy armor etc. The difference between a rank 3 char, and level 2 gear. And Rank 4 fighter and level 3 gear. Is like your guys do like 20 a hit. They do 1k+ per swing or more. It's a night and day difference. They are like a scythe through grass.

The Rank 30 bases I'm raiding, even with just Songoku gear, when they hit me I take about 1/50th of my health in a combo if they get lucky and bare bunch one or two shot them.

Baliis

I have like 7 geared characters, mainly Rank 3, have heavy armor etc. The difference between a rank 3 char, and level 2 gear. And Rank 4 fighter and level 3 gear. Is like your guys do like 20 a hit. They do 1k+ per swing or more. It's a night and day difference. They are like a scythe through grass.

The Rank 30 bases I'm raiding, even with just Songoku gear, when they hit me I take about 1/50th of my health in a combo if they get lucky and bare bunch one or two shot them.

Geez lol. I only just unlocked Striker/Collector, so everything is still weak as hell to me

big_z

Later on when you're on floor 25+ like me you'll wish you had raided earlier, not so simple now. Rescue's are my best outlet right now. I'm not even sure what determines my defence rank, but I still have rank 2 guys, getting constantly raided by rank 4 near 100 guys and I don't even have 1 defender who can probably scratch them or take a hit.

rescues are bullshit because the list of people is tiny and it always says someone else is attacking. its going to end up being one of the rarest trophies simply because the matchmaking doesn't work well

rescues are bullshit because the list of people is tiny and it always says someone else is attacking. its going to end up being one of the rarest trophies simply because the matchmaking doesn't work well

Half the time when I rescue I don't even get a rescue bonus at all. I wonder why that is. List is pretty solid for me, or it is after I joined California. You kind of have to got for the hotbed teams to raid.

Geez lol. I only just unlocked Striker/Collector, so everything is still weak as hell to me

Rank 2-3 was like a jump, 3-4 is insane. as I said I can just run around punching not even worry about getting hit during my raids of sub rank 40 bases.

big_z

Half the time when I rescue I don't even get a rescue bonus at all. I wonder why that is. List is pretty solid for me, or it is after I joined California. You kind of have to got for the hotbed teams to raid.

im in Canada and theres maybe 8 people listed for a rescue at best. the game says you can only change your team once, is that true? it seems like everyone picked California except for that one guy in Alaska with crazy high rewards.

Oh lord. Just rescued at a base and the guy had three people. 12k coin/split reward.

im in Canada and theres maybe 8 people listed for a rescue at best. the game says you can only change your team once, is that true? it seems like everyone picked California except for that one guy in Alaska with crazy high rewards.

For free yes, I picked Washington first, then I picked Cali after the cooldown for 0 KC. I think after it costs KC. (KC = Killcoins)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ate a boomshroom during coen and finally used my freebie insurance revive

thems be the perils of drunken Let it Die

i was kicking his ugly ass up and down too

edit: team florida what

Man floor 25+ is rough, I now have to spend all of my time focusing on getting rank 4 chars up to snuff because I'm just being raided so much that I can't gain money.

AESplusF

Man floor 25+ is rough, I now have to spend all of my time focusing on getting rank 4 chars up to snuff because I'm just being raided so much that I can't gain money.

It does get very grindy, but even the grinding is fun for me, it's good to take breaks regularly tho, or at least do different things

Skrams

Trying to clear up floor plans after being told map progress doesn't reset when they change. Really enjoying leveling up all the gear since it really helps clear up my inventory. Once you get a lot of blueprints you start finding the gear for an item you had 16 of before. All the Waste Oil and Hemp finally getting put to use.

The poison=healing decal is also fucking amazing. You throw a snail and get a small buff practically that lasts a good bit.

Also some funny glitches sometimes help with the charm. Also god the pitbull shotgun execution.

CzdlxfCWgAAwUra.jpg
Czdlxt_WgAAEIIe.jpg
Czdlx_gWQAAoH57.jpg

Niwa

Can we nominate this game already as the best and most fulfilling F2P Game of all time?

It's not even funny how good it is. I've played 8 hours already and didn't even claim my gifts which are mostly paid items.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gonna agree, and I will take this opportunity to voice something that always bugs me

Calling this game "Free to Play" seems almost like selling it short. When I think of the F2P model, I think "free to play, pay to ____", be it win, progress, function adequately, compete, etc...

For all intents and purposes, so far as I can tell, this game is free. With microtransactions for convenience. But legitimately free. Free free free free free. I don't exactly understand how, but that's the reality I have experienced. It costs nothing and offers many many hours of addictive entertainment.

It has me considering actually paying money for "premium status" (in the form of the Express Pass), which is something I NEVER do, simply because I want to support the developers and encourage future efforts like this.

Phil Fish

Banned
Gonna agree, and I will take this opportunity to voice something that always bugs me

Calling this game "Free to Play" seems almost like selling it short. When I think of the F2P model, I think "free to play, pay to ____", be it win, progress, function adequately, compete, etc...

For all intents and purposes, so far as I can tell, this game is free. With microtransactions for convenience. But legitimately free. Free free free free free. I don't exactly understand how, but that's the reality I have experienced. It costs nothing and offers many many hours of addictive entertainment.

It has me considering actually paying money for "premium status" (in the form of the Express Pass), which is something I NEVER do, simply because I want to support the developers and encourage future efforts like this.

I've been thinking about doing that as well. I just can't figure out they're putting a game like this out literally for free where no payments are ever necessary. Maybe Gungho is just filthy rich off their current mobile discography?

derFeef

You guys make the wait for my PS4 really hard, lol. This sounds so much fun!
Any videos or streams I can watch to get a headsart with all the mechanics?

Phil Fish

Banned
Quick question (asking again).

If one of my characters gets captured (which happened), do I have to go raid the player that captured my character and free him to get him back?

Then again, I did raid this player. I went through 3 fights until I get to the toilets, where I saw nobody there. Is that character now lost forever? I have to admit it's a bit crazy thinking you could grind up this super strong guy then lose him if someone was lucky enough to be able to kill then capture during a raid.

Skrams

Quick question (asking again).

If one of my characters gets captured (which happened), do I have to go raid the player that captured my character and free him to get him back?

Then again, I did raid this player. I went through 3 fights until I get to the toilets, where I saw nobody there. Is that character now lost forever? I have to admit it's a bit crazy thinking you could grind up this super strong guy then lose him if someone was lucky enough to be able to kill then capture during a raid.

Majority of the time someone else will rescue your character before you. You can also pay a ransom to get them back.

Have you checked your freezer to see if they're back already?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've been thinking about doing that as well. I just can't figure out they're putting a game like this out literally for free where no payments are ever necessary. Maybe Gungho is just filthy rich off their current mobile discography?
Maybe that's it. I didn't even realize they were they guys behind Puzzle & Dragons. I played RO on their server like 14 fucking years ago :O

It is wild though. I really hope this stands as an example (rather than a failed experiment) for future devs to try similar projects. Have something great, just put it out there with optional purchases, people will pay out of love.

derFeef said:
You guys make the wait for my PS4 really hard, lol. This sounds so much fun!
Any videos or streams I can watch to get a headsart with all the mechanics?
Honestly what I did was just google Let it Die gameplay. Watch random stuff and find yourself learning until you are outpacing the people you're watching lol

FF15, TLG, Dead Rising 4, Dishonored 2, Watch Dogs 2

Take your pick on why anyone isn't playing this currently compared to those.

Someone sure is as my base is getting raided every 5 minutes! Stop raiding my base you bastards! :D

Can we nominate this game already as the best and most fulfilling F2P Game of all time?

It's not even funny how good it is. I've played 8 hours already and didn't even claim my gifts which are mostly paid items.

It's this, (ok or DOTA2 or World of Tanks)

Phil Fish

Banned
Majority of the time someone else will rescue your character before you. You can also pay a ransom to get them back.

Have you checked your freezer to see if they're back already?

Holy shit, that did not occur to me.

I can't check my freezer now, but I will when I can.

When I raided the player though, I did not see anyone in either of his toilets. Is it safe to assume my character is already rescued then?

Also, does that ransom you pay have to be a mutual exchange? Between yourself and the player that captured your character? Or can I just pay the fee and eject my character from their grasp?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
did not expect to be able to fight coen/midbosses as often as I want (I'm sure some players will consider this to be a negative)

for any fellow weaponless warriors, drop kicks absolutely massacre him

Phil Fish

Banned
did not expect to be able to fight coen/midbosses as often as I want (I'm sure some players will consider this to be a negative)

for any fellow weaponless warriors, drop kicks absolutely massacre him

I am devastated by the fact that I have to fight JIN-DIE again. I think I figured her out, but she's still annoying.

I'm not too far up in the tower, but after I finally finished her (with only 14 HP), I was more tempted to grab the elevator at Floor 7 instead of going down from Floor 6. As soon as I went up to floor 7, I progressed JUST a bit and started to hear ticking. Had no idea what to do and started panicking. Quickly after, a bomb went off and it killed me lol (had no death metals).

Skrams

Strategy for Jin Die is mostly just fuck her shit up with melee. Use the pillars as cover and get up in her face behind her gun. You should be able to just beat the shit out of her. Her teleport doesn't do damage as far as I know, just some stun. Rinse and repeat. When she's in phase 2 you can lame it out until she teleports to an advantageous position or just gunjump. If you're good you can get to her while avoiding shots via the pillars and dodging. If you're not good you'll get shot off and take a lot of fall damage.

Holy shit, that did not occur to me.

I can't check my freezer now, but I will when I can.

When I raided the player though, I did not see anyone in either of his toilets. Is it safe to assume my character is already rescued then?

Also, does that ransom you pay have to be a mutual exchange? Between yourself and the player that captured your character? Or can I just pay the fee and eject my character from their grasp?

I haven't paid a ransom, but I assume it's just like paying to rescue a haterified character. If you've ever checked a character you've captured you'll see a thing that says Ransom: Insert random gold here. It's preset for I assume the characters level. When a person pays via the freezer, the capturererer gets the money. I have no idea what happens if a person is able to protect a captured character for the total 48~ something hours. It probably just gets released back to the person I would assume.

Aselith

I am devastated by the fact that I have to fight JIN-DIE again. I think I figured her out, but she's still annoying.

I'm not too far up in the tower, but after I finally finished her (with only 14 HP), I was more tempted to grab the elevator at Floor 7 instead of going down from Floor 6. As soon as I went up to floor 7, I progressed JUST a bit and started to hear ticking. Had no idea what to do and started panicking. Quickly after, a bomb went off and it killed me lol (had no death metals).

If the lockon range wasn't so short if the lock on mechanic was better, she would not be difficult as yo ucan wait for her clip to fire and strafe while you fire a crossbow at her and it works well but the lock on is so bad that it's hard to restablish when she's blinking around all the damn time.

So I'm about to try Tryptamine D to test if it's a single use. Before I do, does anyone know already if it's single use or not? No point in testing it if it's already known.

lol yeah. The left and right sides of the tower will change about every other day on their own. The central part of the tower where the elevator runs through stays the same.

So you will login one day and see areas in different places, connected to different rooms with slightly different pathing and new undiscovered rooms.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! That's pretty awesome if true, considering lack of randomized floors was what I was most missing from its roguelite model.

For non-versus games, I can't see any other game at all even coming close. For competitive games, there are some pretty heavy hitters out there in the MOBA genre where you can easily get literally thousands of hours of gameplay and access to all content except cosmetics without ever spending a dime.

Maybe that's it. I didn't even realize they were they guys behind Puzzle & Dragons. I played RO on their server like 14 fucking years ago :O

Oh god, Ragnarok Online, my first ever MMO. The memories.

So these are the guys behind Puzzle and Dragons? Yeah, they probably have their own Scrooge McDuck-style money vault / pool and they can fund this with what get stuck to their bodies after swimming. :) Probably made as an experiment, I wonder how it'll turn out. I kind of want to buy something but there is nothing that appeals me...

Ate a boomshroom during coen and finally used my freebie insurance revive

You don't even need to be wrong, it's happened to me. Twice. I don't carry them arond anymore. :D

Also, can I say how awesome it is to see Tizoc and Hawkian, my two most beloved posters, have a post right next to the other? :)

Skrams

Finally found a Reversal Tuber and I got to say that's a fucking cool enemy type. Easier than I expected, but god, it has one of my favorite dumb weapons in fiction.
PILEBUNKERSSSSSSS

Exploring these alternate routes and getting this kind of thing is super cool.

A bit silly that I can't kill the same Tuber over and over for the kill 3 Reversal Tubers quest? It counted 1/1 for the single one, but not for the Kill 3 quest?

Rather just get two mushroom stews or get resources if it's a single usage item. Just wanted to check and see if anyone knew. I can't find anything about it.

In the stats it's listed as "Tryptamine D Used," so I assume single use.

Top Bottom