• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

delSai

Really enjoying what I've played so far. Just started last night. Should have figured I would love this. Grasshopper games are always right up my alley.

One question, which button changes the damn radio in the arcade? I can't seem to change songs.

Iirc you have to reach floor 4/beat Coen to unlock all songs for the radio.

What the benefit though, I mean we wouldn't be able to win any of the engagements, or is it just to limit or raid exposure or something?

I just think it would be interesting raiding with one another and rescuing each other's characters.

Would give the raiding aspect a bit of community, which I feel is pretty lacking in my experience.

Played the game for a few hours but I didn't like the controls. They feel too stiff. I guess that's the point since it's supposed to make you commit to your actions but it just isn't fun or satisfying to me. Ah well, the only Suda51 game I liked was Shadows of the Damned.

Plus, having humor that amounts to "lol, the skeleton called you senpai"isn't so great

MaKTaiL

Uncle Death is probably the coolest character in any game this year. Or Console Gen. Or Ever.

Do you mean a regular raid? Then you'll see your Waiting Room messed up plus you get a notification that you've been attacked.

If you mean a War, Tetsuo will let you know.
Wow! He is gonna be a Legend!... Or something.

After being raided a couple of times I just went and raided a few rank 0 people with no defense

Do I feel bad? Not really. Should I? Probably not

After two failed attempts at defending my own waiting room from super high level guys it's hard to feel bad.

Part of me wants to just leave my room without defense solely because the losses are negligible and I'd care more about my characters being taken than anything else. Still set it up just in case though but I'm fully expecting another maxed out dude to wipe them out like nothing next time I log in

Lokbob

Been just farming the floor 11 and 16 bosses for the past 2 days, my longsword is now +3 and my machine gun +4.

The longsword kills Jin-die on floor 16 in like 5 swings with the scorpion buff, pretty fun. Going for the floor 20 boss now, should be able to easily kill him at this point.

Ryuuga

Banned
The kids never pick up after themselves..
CzgWECPXEAE107P.jpg

Procured:

3 Jungle Machete E
2 Long Swords
1 Sengoku Armor
1 DIY Attack Helm +
1 DIY Attack Coat +

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
What floor do the 3 star fighters unlock?

I have just a couple more things to do before I push into that bracket, and I'd like to have few hours set aside to play when I finally do.

Also, anyone know what material Max drops? Don't feel like running the train again just to find out.

The very first time I tried to use the touchpad in this game I ate a boomshroom and it almost killed me.
It seriously took me hours before I figured out how to swap items properly.

NQSsGwY.jpg

4hGQB9e.jpg

I want to say "and this is why every modern game has forced tuturials as if the players were stupid", but the saddest thing is that this game actually has forced tutorials (you cannot progress until you throw a mushroom to the mushroom lady), then a "tutorials" tab in the menu in case you missed it, and people still manage to miss them.

The game literally tells you to press the center of the pad to eat. I guess that explains it.

1ddkecx.jpg

Yep, when all else fails, make stuff up. Anything but admitting you just didn't pay attention. :D

WOW, I got the connection "return to title" error while raiding. Fucking swell. there goes 15k worth of gear.

Usually the mission just ends, but because i didn't want to capture a character, I tried to go back in the train, and bam. Fucking bullshit.

darklin0

Banned
Eating the wrong Mushrooms is part of the game dudes

We've all done it and we will do it again

I ate a decoy shroom and had to sit behind it stuck in a corner for 30 seconds. I could not move around the decoy and I could not blow it up cause I was low on hp. lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Waste of money imo. Funnily enough they do that and don't have armor that protects against slashing.
Well that makes some sense though.... If you think raiders will use guns to counter CQB defenders.

Machete has the cheap stun-lock combo like the hammer. You're almost betting on your defender landing it early. Hoping they will. And that your melee defender won't be as easy to kill with a gun at range.

Of course when I run my defense simulation, I murder them all easily with a machete... so yeah slash def helps but the machete is an easy win (especially with mu luck character with blade buffs). It's just expensive to buy every other raid.

Did everyone who jumped ship from their home territory go to Cali? Even if I did jump ship I probably wouldn't go there. Almost all of my 3k+ Splithium raids have been in California lol

Edit: Rank 32, got 64k Splithium in over an hour. Good times.

Lucent

I love it when you beat the first mid boss and Uncle Death says "I knew you could defeat that ugly piece of shit". It's the way he says it.

Oh yeah, so I haven't really done decals too much besides the ones I get for login bonuses. Aren't there ones that you can reapply whenever you want without losing them? How can you tell which ones?

I love it when you beat the first mid boss and Uncle Death says "I knew you could defeat that ugly piece of shit". It's the way he says it.

Oh yeah, so I haven't really done decals too much besides the ones I get for login bonuses. Aren't there ones that you can reapply whenever you want without losing them? How can you tell which ones?

Those are the ones you get from buying the mushroom stew for 50k from the Mushroom Magistrate. They have a little P on them showing they are premium.

Ricker

I defeated Coen on my first try with my secondary guy since my first guy is maxed at level 25 and I dont know what to do to raise that so far...I was surprised the fight was that easy lol...

Negaduck

I was running from a hater that needed one hit left and accidently ate my poison shroom.

that was a bad feeling.

but i learned to always double check the shroom i have highlighted.

MUnited83

For you.
I defeated Coen on my first try with my secondary guy since my first guy is maxed at level 25 and I dont know what to do to raise that so far...I was surprised the fight was that easy lol...
Yeah, Coen is my to-do to quickly level up new fighters. He's easy as hell even with level 1 fighters.

kagamin

I was running from a hater that needed one hit left and accidently ate my poison shroom.

that was a bad feeling.

but i learned to always double check the shroom i have highlighted.

I was so excited to finally get a skill decal that let me heal by getting poisoned. :p

hbkdx12

I must be like the only person who doesn't bother using mushrooms in combat. It always seems so risky and I don't mean the threat of eating them. Enemies close the distance on you pretty quickly that trying to line up a proper throw just leaves you exposed and potentially throwing it too short to account for the enemy running at you and harming yourself.

Guys. Guys. Guys. Why is this game so good???

I really wish I knew! It... just is! Also, addicting as hell.

Those are the ones you get from buying the mushroom stew for 50k from the Mushroom Magistrate. They have a little P on them showing they are premium.

The way that P is styled (wide, four point star inside) makes me wonder if it's a nod to Platinum Games. I have to compare them side by side sometime.

Speaking of which, what happens if you delete a fighter with a permanent decal on it? Do you lose it or is it returned to the decal inventory? This is particularly relevant in case you put on someone and then they die and it turns out they are too expensive to resurrect.

Ricker

I must be like the only person who doesn't bother using mushrooms in combat. It always seems so risky and I don't mean the threat of eating them. Enemies close the distance on you pretty quickly that trying to line up a proper throw just leaves you exposed and potentially throwing it too short to account for the enemy running at you and harming yourself.

Yep and it uses the touchpad which always suck...

Is there a point to upgrading bathrooms? I feel like having prisoners is just saying "Yo, fuck my shit up." Especially if you capture someone from a huge location.

I guess if your defense can take it it'd be an interesting way to gain Splithium though.

Top Bottom