• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Lucent

Wow...Jin Die was really cheap on floor 16. She hit me with her puke Cannon thing or whatever and immediately hit me again. All it took to kill me. Wow...

depths20XX

Loving the game but gotta be honest the whole raiding/defending thing seems like such a mobile game thing that I wish didn't exist.

squidyj

ugh trying to do some low cost runs through the lower tower floors to farm coins and exp for a new char but i keep getting stomped by ridiculously geared haters :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wow...Jin Die was really cheap on floor 16. She hit me with her puke Cannon thing or whatever and immediately hit me again. All it took to kill me. Wow...

Lol, I only got there once but that instakilled me and I basically blew all my money getting my character back. I'm trying to max a grade 3 now before I attempt that again.

Lucent

Lol, I only got there once but that instakilled me and I basically blew all my money getting my character back. I'm trying to max a grade 3 now before I attempt that again.

I was using a rank 3 character but only level 46 or something. Had over 1100 hp and good gear and she tore me up. Gotta say the area you fight her in seems harder to manage.

I'm at floor 37, will probably reach the top during the weekend. Just farming up right and upgrading gear. It gets kind of annoying because at the top floors, other players keep sending hunters after me to farm items and stuff, which means I don't get the YMTK guys. These people sending haters should have some decency and stock up on some splithium so I get more from them, so I can at least match the 1k I get from killing YMTK.

For those of you about to hit the 30s, it is quite the marathon. Bring spare weapons and shrooms. It's farther than you think to the next elevator
some sub-bosses stand in the way too

Also baseball pitcher is my favorite range weapon, I think slapping the STR decal on a shooter is hilariously worth it. It also seems to do decent on
U-10
when I was using a transparagus because all the baseballs just rapid fired on his weak point. The gore kill is also pretty funny watching people explode in a burst of baseballs.

Spenny

I'm at floor 37, will probably reach the top during the weekend. Just farming up right and upgrading gear. It gets kind of annoying because at the top floors, other players keep sending hunters after me to farm items and stuff, which means I don't get the YMTK guys. These people sending haters should have some decency and stock up on some splithium so I get more from them, so I can at least match the 1k I get from killing YMTK.

For those of you about to hit the 30s, it is quite the marathon. Bring spare weapons and shrooms. It's farther than you think to the next elevator
some sub-bosses stand in the way too

Also baseball pitcher is my favorite range weapon, I think slapping the STR decal on a shooter is hilariously worth it. It also seems to do decent on
U-10
when I was using a transparagus because all the baseballs just rapid fired on his weak point. The gore kill is also pretty funny watching people explode in a burst of baseballs.
Did you unlock grade 5 characters at 35? Also, cooked brainshrooms are really useful against haters at higher levels.

Did you unlock grade 5 characters at 35? Also, cooked brainshrooms are really useful against haters at higher levels.

Yea 35 is when you get Grade 5. A little tip though about unlocking it
There is a sub boss at 34, so I decided to explore before fighting it, and took a side path, I got all the way to a lock gate that went straight to floor 37. So it allowed me to get Grade 5 before fighting the floor 34 boss. I went back up to 37 the normal way. But be warned there is an elevator on 33, and the next elevator I found was at 37. You basically have to fight 2 bosses in between the elevators.

Yea I know about brainshrooms, easy gore kills. Hilariously enough, if you have any poison weapon like the pork chopper, they will most likely spend more time barfing than attacking. Status effects are really good against haters in general.

big_z

Just got screwed with that, used my last death metal because I only had to hit her once more and double cannon again right after revive. This game is way too jankey at times...

Took out my other high end character to grind money and connection error. Lost gear, all the money and both characters in my toilet being reset. Fuck psn.

they better give out death metals as the daily bonus or in my box which opens in 50 minutes or i think I'm done.

Spenny

Yea 35 is when you get Grade 5. A little tip though about unlocking it
There is a sub boss at 34, so I decided to explore before fighting it, and took a side path, I got all the way to a lock gate that went straight to floor 37. So it allowed me to get Grade 5 before fighting the floor 34 boss. I went back up to 37 the normal way. But be warned there is an elevator on 33, and the next elevator I found was at 37. You basically have to fight 2 bosses in between the elevators.

Yea I know about brainshrooms, easy gore kills. Hilariously enough, if you have any poison weapon like the pork chopper, they will most likely spend more time barfing than attacking. Status effects are really good against haters in general.
Thanks for the info. I'm only at 31 and haven't played at all today. I'll hopefully get back into it tomorrow.

Lucent

I got very demoralized when the same thing happened to me. It sucks, but you'll build yourself back up.

Yeah. I just need to stop playing this for a bit. I think I've been trying to rush myself up these floors to keep up. But since 40 is the cap at the moment, I need to take it slower or I'm gonna rage. Probably gonna get Stardew Valley just for a change of pace. I just hate having to grind out to buy more weapons and armor to stand a chance at defeating my haters and all that. The cost of retrieval is too high and I can't make money that fast.

Yeah. I just need to stop playing this for a bit. I think I've been trying to rush myself up these floors to keep up. But since 40 is the cap at the moment, I need to take it slower or I'm gonna rage. Probably gonna get Stardew Valley just for a change of pace. I just hate having to grind out to buy more weapons and armor to stand a chance at defeating my haters and all that. The cost of retrieval is too high and I can't make money that fast.

Not a bad idea, Currently I'm just focusing on leveling my gear instead of moving up the tower.

hughesta

Banned
You are scaring my and I'm barely on floor 10 or 11 lol.

I'm guessing it's the
jackals
that are making those floors hard?
Jackals aren't even in the game right now. Regular enemies just start taking 4-5 combos to kill and can kill in one combo themselves.

Damn, went from 21f to 23f in my first run with no deaths. Was incredibly tense.

My first run I was kicking ass and then I got greedy and tried a treasure room. I'm a fucking idiot. N-E-V-E-R try treasure rooms in uncharted territory. The fucking thing only had a blue War Ensemble metal to add insult to injury.

hughesta

Banned
My first run I was kicking ass and then I got greedy and tried a treasure room. I'm a fucking idiot. N-E-V-E-R try treasure rooms in uncharted territory. The fucking thing only had a blue War Ensemble metal to add insult to injury.
Transmungus are your friends. Got a dark metal on 21f by opening a gold crate, eating one, and just calmly killing the 3 enemies I got locked in with.

Wanchan

Not a bad idea, Currently I'm just focusing on leveling my gear instead of moving up the tower.

That's what I'm doing since I was doing barely any damage to the goto on floor 23 lol. I'm farming those black metals but the game keeps trolling me with greens...

Also I think they nerf the kill coins you get in some way, I'm having gold issues buying the stuff I R&D to farm the highest level, it's faster to farm the low levels running naked which is a bit stupid imo.

So I didn't lose an invasion or anything, but I guess my base was invaded when I was off and they were successful? That means I'm out of the Cali vs UK fight then? This is odd.

Also since the last update, anyone getting like basically freezes when they switch weapons? My game often will stall for 1-2 seconds when I switch weapons.

That's what I'm doing since I was doing barely any damage to the goto on floor 23 lol. I'm farming those black metals but the game keeps trolling me with greens...

Also I think they nerf the kill coins you get in some way, I'm having issues buying the stuff I R&D to farm the highest level, it's faster to farm the low levels running naked which is a bit stupid imo.

It's really wierd, but most weapons just do no damage, I'm not sure what Goto's weakness is, but the freaking Steam Iron consisently is great on bosses. Even on that Goto it's really good. And that was just with a 99 dmg Steam Iron. Compared to a 189+ weapon that was doing nothing to him.

It's really wierd, but most weapons just do no damage, I'm not sure what Goto's weakness is, but the freaking Steam Iron consisently is great on bosses. Even on that Goto it's really good. And that was just with a 99 dmg Steam Iron. Compared to a 189+ weapon that was doing nothing to him.

Goto seems to be pretty strong against any split damage weapons, which you basically start finding in 20+, so things like the claws and fire sword you can pick up. When I fought Goto even later in the game, my Pork Chopper did more damage than a Zombie Cleaver I found. Zombie Cleaver is an upgraded Pork Chopper with more damage, the one I found was busted up and still had 700+ attack, but it's damage was even more split between poison and physical. A Pork Chopper +2 only has 477 or so damage, but was pulling out higher numbers than the Zombie Cleaver. Usually a weapon like Zombie Cleaver melts screamers and haters.

I think Goto might have some weakness to blunt weapons too, which the iron is one. The Motor Psycho rage move does very good damage on all version of Goto, even compared to my stronger weapons.

Goto seems to be pretty strong against any split damage weapons, which you basically start finding in 20+, so things like the claws and fire sword you can pick up. When I fought Goto even later in the game, my Pork Chopper did more damage than a Zombie Cleaver I found. Zombie Cleaver is an upgraded Pork Chopper with more damage, the one I found was busted up and still had 700+ attack, but it's damage was even more split between poison and physical. A Pork Chopper +2 only has 477 or so damage, but was pulling out higher numbers than the Zombie Cleaver. Usually a weapon like Zombie Cleaver melts screamers and haters.

I think Goto might have some weakness to blunt weapons too, which the iron is one. The Motor Psycho rage move does very good damage on all version of Goto, even compared to my stronger weapons.

Seems to have to have been the case for the first big two bosses as well as most mid level bosses. The Steam Iron worked insanely well against them all.

derFeef

Very excited as I will get my PS4 Pro next week! Setting up my US PSN account and so on beforehand :D Does remote play work well with this title, did anyone try it?

Mr Croft

Oh man she was so cheap. I happened to take my grade 3 striker instead of my dex character and she hit me with those homing puke balls and as I got up she hit me with the puke attack. I couldn't even roll and it instantly destroyed all my gear. I had to use every single item to win after wasting 3 death metal to rez. Toughshroom so good

Yeezus

Asking again just to see if anyone can confirm. I have been reading that there is a room on 13F that consistently produces golden snails, is this true?

Also, whats the policy on golden animals. Do you eat them? Kill them? Whats the procedure? Any info would be appreciated.

Asking again just to see if anyone can confirm. I have been reading that there is a room on 13F that consistently produces golden snails, is this true?

Also, whats the policy on golden animals. Do you eat them? Kill them? Whats the procedure? Any info would be appreciated.

They give you like 1000 exp. So kind of up to you. They're worth like 1500 KC. Which is like the first floor basically. So maybe save for leveling new guys?

bronk

Banned
I did exactly this. Stardew Valley for a mellow break.

Just beat the
Coen
on 26F, Jesus I need to upgrade my gear, if it was anyone but
Coen
that would have been a disaster. It took a long time to kill him.

silva1991

Quest: climb from A to B with out dodging or killing all enemies...

Am I safe if I killed one or two?

Edit: well I did it without dodging or killing anything and the game didn't count it :(

Riposte

Quest: climb from A to B with out dodging or killing all enemies...

Am I safe if I killed one or two?

Edit: well I did it without dodging or killing anything and the game didn't count it :(

I'm pretty sure you need to kill everyone, that's generally how those quests work. They often don't count because if you don't land the killing blow (e.g., a hater does, they die from poison or a hazard) it doesn't count as killing everyone on the floor (have to redo it). They are not worth it, in my opinion.

silva1991

I'm pretty sure you need to kill everyone, that's generally how those quests work. They often don't count because if you don't land the killing blow (e.g., a hater does, they die from poison or a hazard) it doesn't count as killing everyone on the floor (have to redo it). They are not worth it, in my opinion.

I read it as "without killing everyone" but I guess I read it wrong.

This quest is worth it, because I want more death metals.

First major boss and the levels before him cost me some lol.

Riposte

I read it as "without killing everyone" but I guess I read it wrong.

This quest is worth it, because I want more death metals.

First major boss and the levels before him cost me some lol.

Let's put it this way, I wanted more death metals too, but trying to get those complete almost made me quit the game. If you get fed up, don't be afraid to move on. Also if you are new to the game, make sure you are using your death metals wisely. It's dirt cheap to spend coins to recover characters on earlier floors, so reviving isn't a good idea unless it's in the middle of a boss fight or you are about to open up a new elevator.

EDIT: The best use of death metals is expanding your storage. Anything under 100 spaces (14 death metals?) seems like torture to me and I'm still not satisfied with 140.

Niwa

Can I change the class of an existing Fighter or do i need to remove it and make a new one? So confused right now. :S

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah those kill all enemy quests seem buggy as hell since I've definitely done the requirements for a few of them without getting them to pop, so I'm guessing a Hater offed someone(which is...nearly impossible to avoid). They also could use way better feedback on if the quest itself already failed and if the floor is fully clear of enemies.

Top Bottom