• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

I'm still learning about this game. are optional levels/towers randomly generated?

The tower layout changes every once in awhile. You'll notice when your map completely changes and areas you've explored will be greyed out.

There are a set number of layouts. So it's not completely random.

Yes, premium decals stay even if you die.

As for DOD green, you have to get it from trap room chests since there isn't a Coen in the teen levels. I can't confirm this myself at the moment (currently farming Bullet Metal), but according to someone at this thread https://m.reddit.com/r/LetItDie/comments/5h3gdg/uncle_pervs_super_useful_materials_list/ , there's a trap room on Nokejiri that has a chance to have it.
Good luck!
Currently farming the rare green metals myself. There is a gold chest trap room on 19th floor Chitose-Mei. Go to 20th floor Hachiyanma, collect some beasts, and go down to Chitose-mei.

Can confirm getting all three green metals there. As a bonus, there is a hall with a bunch of mk 3 tubers, which isn't bad to pick up scratch metals along the way. Aluminum Cans and a comic book page here too.

I'll have to check out Nokejiri, in case that will be more efficient.

Edit: Where is your bullet metal farm?

silva1991

The tower layout changes every once in awhile. You'll notice when your map completely changes and areas you've explored will be greyed out.

There are a set number of layouts. So it's not completely random.

I see. I was very surprised when I saw that many areas I explored yesterday weren't on my map anymore and I went DEEP.

I was confused haha.

Its the haters killing ppl. When you know where haters are rush and try to kill them before they can take anyone out. Ones that need specific weapon type kills be careful fighting groups especially mechanical ones because they will take kills from you in melee scrums. Also be sure you're checking all wooden boxes and vending machines to kill any hidden guys. And yea throwing is juat for mushrooms ranged weapons are still fine to use there.

Currently farming the rare green metals myself. There is a gold chest trap room on 19th floor Chitose-Mei. Go to 20th floor Hachiyanma, collect some beasts, and go down to Chitose-mei.

Can confirm getting all three green metals there. As a bonus, there is a hall with a bunch of mk 3 tubers, which isn't bad to pick up scratch metals along the way. Aluminum Cans and a comic book page here too.

I'll have to check out Nokejiri, in case that will be more efficient.

Edit: Where is your bullet metal farm?

Cool, sounds like a nice run. Good to know for the future.

As for my bullet metal farm, it's not efficient at all (kill 2 bullet tubers, return to escalator, repeat). It's just something I'm doing on the side while doing work on the computer lol. It's on Echin Zima or something (23 I believe)

D i Z

If you get close to the fire you can hit X to cook it without throwing it.

Yeah I know. It's one of those slips that just happens. Like accidentally clicking and eating a poison shroom when you want to hit start to go to the menu. Mind and hands not on the same page.

Parham

Banned
I might be wrong but I think the middle floors have elevators only.

So since there is no middle floor for floor 2, you will not see an elevator to go down to the waiting room (since you have to take floors to the right or left). You will not be able to take an elevator to floor 2 pretty much.

Though I remember seeing an elevator in one of the non middle floors. Maybe it lets you take it to a floor it collides with vertically.

Yes, not all have elevators.

Good to know. Thanks!

Frimaire

God, I am so fucked right now.
My 3 best characters are all dead on floor 23 after trying to reclaim each other.
I don't want to start farming a new character now, either, 'cause i just know I'm right on the edge of rank 4s.
Maybe it's time to just start farming that 66k...

silva1991

My 3 best characters are all dead on floor 23 after trying to reclaim each other.
I don't want to start farming a new character now, either, 'cause i just know I'm right on the edge of rank 4s.

66k? holy shit.

I think the new patch even reduced the amount of money gained from cases/killing screamers...

The game does a really good job of making you think you're closer than you really are. The stupid 19>20>19>20 run at the end of the second area made that clear for me.

I just grind the money. Use my lucky star through the first three floors while leveling fists at the same time on the regular enemies.

Yeah I know. It's one of those slips that just happens. Like accidentally clicking and eating a poison shroom when you want to hit start to go to the menu. Mind and hands not on the same page.

Ah gotcha. I still do that shit all the time.

While in throw mode you can also just walk so that the item is above the flame (like the "top left" of the barrel) and it'll grill, haha.

Nice! Figuring out I didn't have to throw stuff into the fire has saved me so much time.

cakely

I really need to learn how to throw shrooms under pressure, but the button presses seem counter-intuitive to me.

Press left side of pad, aim, and hit X. Sounds easy but with a pack of guys charging at you ,easy to mess up.

Last night I did have some great success, though. I slept three screamers with a cooked mushroom and then walked up and suplexed all of them to death one by one.

Frimaire

Wow, the "Kill 20 Screamers in Keiran-Jima" quest is just a big fuck you.
The room is just a short hallway leading from one staircase to the other with no Screamers and one Hater in it.

D i Z

I really need to learn how to throw shrooms under pressure, but the button presses seem counter-intuitive to me.

Press left side of pad, aim, and hit X. Sounds easy but with a pack of guys charging at you ,easy to mess up.

Last night I did have some great success, though. I slept three screamers with a cooked mushroom and then walked up and suplexed all of them to death one by one.

I just slept a handful of screamers and myself. Was pretty awkward when we all woke up at the same time. Not my best moment..

Yeah, the game isn't fun when all your best fighters are dead on the highest floor. I said screw this when that happened to me. 'I'm never playing this game again!' and turned it off in disgust.

5mins later I was prepping a new character to go out and rescue them

Yeah, it's super awkward.

Lork

I see it happened to you as well.

It's really annoying -__-
Same here. Hopefully they'll fix it in the next patch, along with all the idiotic "go to x floor, killing all enemies along the way" quests that might as well not even exist for all the good they do right now.

Finnroth

Jesus how broken is Jin-Die F16 ? how are you supposed to do that without spending money on death metal oO On F6 she at least didn't have too much room and not that much hp, but F16 is ridiculous.

Fuck, I think this game is right up my alley. How good is it guys? I love roguelikes, I love dark souls, I love hard games.

Is it up my alley?
Play it. It has given me the same feelings I had when I played my first souls game, but it very much feels like it's own thing and not a simple clone. It's crazy, weird, and awesome.

I knew nothing at all about the game, and it's been a ton of fun discovering the things it has to offer, it's surprisingly deep.

A high tier character costs 25K to make, salvaging in the mid 20's costs 50-80K, if you have that money to throw around then you arent "in the hole" ;) I have made a G4 Lucky Star, hoping they help with the money grind

Yikes. I had no idea they got that expensive.

By the way, I have compiled a list of resurrect prices by floor. Anyone interested in that?

FYI beating Coen with a naked Level 1 character gets them directly to level 9.

I mean I guess they don't have to be naked but :D

... but who could ever pass that chance to brag. :D

Yeah, it's super awkward.

I think it would improve a lot if you could throw the mushroom with R2. It feels much more natural and you wouldn't have to let go of the right stick to aim.

Mupod

don't really have time for a grindy thing right now. Installed it anyways. Immediately hear Mark Hamill...what kind of dirt does Grasshopper have on industry higher-ups that keeps convincing people to give them money? I mean, I'm glad they do, but it makes no sense.

don't really have time for a grindy thing right now. Installed it anyways. Immediately hear Mark Hamill...what kind of dirt does Grasshopper have on industry higher-ups that keeps convincing people to give them money? I mean, I'm glad they do, but it makes no sense.
What's even crazier is that I'm 99% sure he's on one of the songs too.
He doesn't sing of course, it's some Vincent Price-esque monologue in the middle of the song.
If anyone wants to hear it, it's 124 on the Radio, by "Ris".

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fuck, I think this game is right up my alley. How good is it guys? I love roguelikes, I love dark souls, I love hard games.

Is it up my alley?
It is free, most importantly. You have nothing to lose (and may very well fall in love)

I must mention it really isn't that much like Souls games and it really isn't a roguelike

I kind of think of it as like if Souls were reimagined as an old-school arcade cabinet game with quarters and everything
By the way, I have compiled a list of resurrect prices by floor. Anyone interested in that?
Yes please
... but who could ever pass that chance to brag. :D
kehehe.

Very much so.

Go get it, like NOW

It's free, just give it a try and see if it's for you :D
It's really good btw. My GOTY.

You're a gamer aren't you? Then you'll totally be fine. Just try it out!

Play it. It has given me the same feelings I had when I played my first souls game, but it very much feels like it's own thing and not a simple clone. It's crazy, weird, and awesome.

I knew nothing at all about the game, and it's been a ton of fun discovering the things it has to offer, it's surprisingly deep.

It is free, most importantly. You have nothing to lose (and may very well fall in love)

I must mention it really isn't that much like Souls games and it really isn't a roguelike

I kind of think of it as like if Souls were reimagined as an old-school arcade cabinet game with quarters and everything

Yes please

kehehe.

Well, I'm downloading this right now. Thanks guys!

Jesus how broken is Jin-Die F16 ? how are you supposed to do that without spending money on death metal oO On F6 she at least didn't have too much room and not that much hp, but F16 is ridiculous.
Not at all? That fight is really easy if you know where to stand. As soon as you enter the area, run to your left and hide behind the crate building there. Now wait, and avoid her attacks. She'll eventually either teleport on top of the crate building, or to the right, where you entered the room. Hit her until she teleports, then go hide again.

If you don't kill her before she teleports down below, go run down, and play hide and seek around the rocks.

Is everyone having trouble with Jin Die just running straight at her over and over?

Is it up my alley?

I dont think its like dark souls, nor is it particularly hard. But it has that type of "choose your own difficulty" gameplay that can be found in rougelikes/souls/mgsv etc.
I'm not even sure i find the game fun, but its bloody addictive.

Ryuuga

Banned
New pet peeve discovered:

That friend that skips all the tutorials then proceeds to ask you questions about the most basic shit.

Finnroth

Not at all? That fight is really easy if you know where to stand. As soon as you enter the area, run to your left and hide behind the crate building there. Now wait, and avoid her attacks. She'll eventually either teleport on top of the crate building, or to the right, where you entered the room. Hit her until she teleports, then go hide again.

If you don't kill her before she teleports down below, go run down, and play hide and seek around the rocks.

Is everyone having trouble with Jin Die just running straight at her over and over?

I actually stood behind the box the entire fight, but once every 4-5 attacks, she got her attack somehow in between. Another time the puke-gun clipped me and killed me instant taken together with the fall. I mean the fight is easier after unlocking the next tier of fighters, but my Char was maxed out at that point and I couldn't do too much to her.

She also appears to be able to insta-puke-gun after teleport, which also killed me once.

New bug found... All the female screamers in my game lost their sports bras and are topless. Can confirm the fighter clones take after Barbie, and have no nipples. One can only speculate the male clones are hung like Ken.

Top Bottom