• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Yup! As well as Weapon Mastery.
That's great. So I'd have no issue with storing +2 equipment in storage and then immediately equipping it on a new character right?

EDIT:Trying to make a new character and the only options it gives me are all-rounders.

cakely

That's great. So I'd have no issue with storing +2 equipment in storage and then immediately equipping it on a new character right?

EDIT:Trying to make a new character and the only options it gives me are all-rounders.

Some gear seems to have stat requirements. How this will affect I have no idea.

delSai

Exactly, put Equipment in the storage with Fighter A and then pick it up with Fighter B. The new character might not be able to use it immediately tho if the stat requirement is too high.

How far are you? Maybe you haven't unlocked any of the other Classes?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Exactly, put Equipment in the storage with Fighter A and then pick it up with Fighter B. The new character might not be able to use it immediately tho if the stat requirement is too high.

How far are you? Maybe you haven't unlocked any of the other Classes?
I've only gotten to 5F.

I think people get too hung up on "my character" or their inventory in this game. They are disposable clones. The game's design even forces you to get rid of them when you want a higher grade fighter. Most of the things you carry are quickly and easily replaceable, rare metals and blueprints the only exceptions.

Salvage and death metals seem like they are intended to be the occasional circumvention to the "normal" souls-like design of working your way back to your haterfied fighter and killing them to reclaim the body. Salvage prices at the top floors tend to bear this out.

The true advancement comes in the form of weapon masteries, item upgrades, and fighter grade upgrades. Embrace the fleeting nature of your fighter's lives! You might find yourself less frustrated in the long run.

delSai

I've only gotten to 5F.

I see, you are either unlocking the other classes as soon as you reach F6 or when you beat the Boss on that floor. I'm not 100% sure anymore.

I think people get too hung up on "my character" or their inventory in this game. They are disposable clones. The game's design even forces you to get rid of them when you want a higher grade fighter. Most of the things you carry are quickly and easily replaceable, rare metals and blueprints the only exceptions.

Salvage and death metals seem like they are intended to be the occasional circumvention to the "normal" souls-like design of working your way back to your haterfied fighter and killing them to reclaim the body. Salvage prices at the top floors tend to bear this out.

The true advancement comes in the form of weapon masteries, item upgrades, and fighter grade upgrades. Embrace the fleeting nature of your fighter's lives! You might find yourself less frustrated in the long run.

Exactly, well said. Sometimes you just have to Let it Die. They dont want us to hang on to our characters, they made that clear many times.

Mr Croft

Has anyone else not been getting their rescue bonus when saving a fighter? I have not received one since the update. Was that apart of the notes or is it a bug?

lazyguy

I'm sorry if anyone already asked(I looked for it but couldn't find anything).
My friend and I played the game for a bit a few days ago and we really like it. But now that I'm home and have some time I would like to actually get into the game but start from fresh and take everything in nice and easy. Is there a way to actually restart the game?

dlauv

This game is such a party.

I'm still not at rank 2, but I got three maxed out rank 1 fighters front-loaded to defend the base.

Go, Texas.

delSai

My friend and I played the game for a bit a few days ago and we really like it. But now that I'm home and have some time I would like to actually get into the game but start from fresh and take everything in nice and easy. Is there a way to actually restart the game?

I dont know if theres a "Restart" option other than maybe getting the game from a different region store.

Why exactly do you want to restart? Did you miss tutorials or something like that? I'm sure you can keep going from where you are now.

Go, Texas.

Germany is going to beat you guys again! :p

Unfortunately not, according to their FAQ:
Can I start the game over?
If you sign into a different SEN account, you can play the game over again from the beginning.
Afterward, if you sign into the original SEN account, you’ll be able to replay the original data.

But doing so wouldn't really accomplish much. You can find all the tutorial balloons in the menu and you can just make a new allrounder for free. The only thing that really stays with you is the team selection for TDM if you did that, but you get to change teams for free one time, and how you spent those early free Death Metals.

Speaking of TDM, does anyone know how to remove a team from your favorites? I tried hitting square again on the team and it didn't do anything.

lazyguy

Why exactly do you want to restart? Did you miss tutorials or something like that? I'm sure you can keep going from where you are now.

It's mainly because of tutorials yeah but I didn't really pay one hundred percent attention to the intro cutscenes(which looked great) and I just what to take a look at the start of the game from fresh.

Volcynika

Pushed up to enough floors to unlock a grade 3 character. Just wreckin foolz. Already got em in high 30s, think I should start to push up a bit more.

Does anyone else have shit stamina all of a sudden?

I just logged in with my character which i never had stamina problems with and now all of a sudden some rolls and im out of stamina.

Did they secretly patched stamina?

Edit: Feels more accurate now. Maybe it was just imagination haha

D i Z

Info for newer players: Mushroom Stew does not guarantee a premium Decal. She'll create common ones as well. (found that out the hard way with my hard earned raid war cash) So be aware when you are low leveled and go to spend that 50k.

Edit: Correction. There are premium versions of the regular varieties (that's what I got). I had thought that premium decals were all a unique selection.

Kazi

Neo Member
Does anyone else have shit stamina all of a sudden?

I just logged in with my character which i never had stamina problems with and now all of a sudden some rolls and im out of stamina.

Did they secretly patched stamina?

Edit: Feels more accurate now. Maybe it was just imagination haha

There's also the possibility your character is hungry. When a character is hungry stamina depletes faster.

BTW. I've sent Finnish store translation to GungHo and they haven't responded to me. My best guess is they don't have plans to release it in Finland (and other Nordic Countries, Belgium, Netherlands, etc.). So if if you live in a region the game hasn't been released in and you want to play the game, you probably need to use other region's account to download it.

Riposte

Asked on twitter about the broken limit quests. If they fixed that, I think I'd appreciate quests more. Some of them are creative.

Navid

Is there really no option to sort items by type in the bank, currently it's really annoying trying to figure out which material you have too many of and which you could get more off...

Lost my 3 best fighters on a high floor. Rage quit. Deleted.
Can't you just buy them back at the freezer?

Pushed up to enough floors to unlock a grade 3 character. Just wreckin foolz. Already got em in high 30s, think I should start to push up a bit more.
At what floor do you get the ability to purchase Grade 3 characters, floor 21 after having defeated the 2nd boss?

Lost my 3 best fighters on a high floor. Rage quit. Deleted.

Ummmm. Do you not know the different ways you can get back your fighters? How "high" of a floor are we talking. My guys cost almost 100k to recover now and it still doesn't really take that long. Usually it's just cheaper to go kill them, but sometimes I'll just farm some coins to get them back.

Is there really no option to sort items by type in the bank, currently it's really annoying trying to figure out which material you have too many of and which you could get more off...

At what floor do you get the ability to purchase Grade 3 characters, floor 21 after having defeated the 2nd boss?

Should have been 26 for grade 3 I believe. 25 for Grade 4 if that's what you meant.

Uthred

Weird, got in the normal elevator then ended up bugged in the express elevator, had to shut down and restart, rather annoying as it counted as a death, lost 50K and nearly an hours progress.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I wish the inventory system was changed. Say for instance you have multiple of an individual item, I feel that the items should only take up one inventory space but have a limit. If you have 15 frogs, they shouldn't take up 15 spaces, instead they should take up one space but that space should hold a max of say 20 frogs before taking up an additional inventory space. This would aid in inventory management and keep players from suffering long load times journeying down to the waiting room. I often find my storage cabinet and death bag filling up and I have to make a decision between curative/regenerative items and crafting materials and it's silly.

Additionally, limiting the money you can hold or at least making it so small, even with the upgrades, is annoying. My final issue is, I'd like to be able to upgrade other low level characters with xp I've accrued using different characters. If I have to waste time, upgrading characters from scratch just to get to the next series of floors then there should be a way to expedite the process. That is all I have to say regarding the game, otherwise I really enjoy it. Load times are nearly insufferable though.

Aselith

Additionally, limiting the money you can hold or at least making it so small, even with the upgrades, is annoying. My final issue is, I'd like to be able to upgrade other low level characters with xp I've accrued using different characters. If I have to waste time, upgrading characters from scratch just to get to the next series of floors then there should be a way to expedite the process.

There is a way: Golden whatever food items give you a lot of xp so you can use those for characters. Also, you don't technically HAVE to level to get to the next set of floors. You should be able to go 1-40 without leveling it just makes it way more difficult.

My thing with new characters has been to get back to around whatever level I was at on my lower grade character and then continue moving on up the tower and collect additional xp as I explore.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
There is a way: Golden whatever food items give you a lot of xp so you can use those for characters. Also, you don't technically HAVE to level to get to the next set of floors. You should be able to go 1-40 without leveling it just makes it way more difficult.

I thought people said that to move beyond floor 10, you have to create a grade 2 character? I'm currently on floor 9 so that complaint was based on what I've read here and on Reddit but it would be nice if you could just continue to level up your grade 1 characters but pay the cost of the grade 2 character to release the grade 1 limitations imposed on your grade 1 character, so you don't have to needlessly retread and grind to bring your new character up to speed. It's a stupid system imo but that seems like a nice solution for those that don't want to lose characters they've invested time and death metals on.

Aselith

I thought people said that to move beyond floor 10, you have to create a grade 2 character? I'm currently on floor 9 so that complaint was based on what I've read here and on Reddit but it would be nice if you could just continue to level up your grade 1 characters but pay the cost of the grade 2 character to release the grade 1 limitations imposed on your grade 1 character, so you don't have to needlessly retread and grind to bring your new character up to speed. It's a stupid system imo but that seems like a nice solution for those that don't want to lose characters they've invested time and death metals on.

Nah, you can take anyone passed that point, that's just when you get the ability to make them. And levels really don't mean all that much in this game. Equipment is your "true" level which is why retreading makes sense. Use the leveling bits as an opportunity to upgrade all that equipment that will help you later.

Doing a loop on level 3 is a great way to do this as you are going to need a fuckton of cotton and it's plentiful there.

Volcynika

Oh doh, I guess I am at Grade 2. For some reason thought 3rd set was Grade 3. I'm only at 16F D:

EDIT: The best use of death metals is expanding your storage. Anything under 100 spaces (14 death metals?) seems like torture to me and I'm still not satisfied with 140.

I'm at 210 and it still feels like too little. I suspect it will still feel like too little at 300, but eh.

I haven't seen this reddit thread posted, so I'm going to link it and post the whole thing (my apologies), because it's probably the best collection of tips and tricks on the game I've seen:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LetItDie/c..._petition_to_start_a/?st=iwrqis5i&sh=efebd02c

Thanks, there were a couple things in there I didn't know. The game sure does have a lot of little details and neat semi-hidden stuff!

Quite a bit I figured out for myself, but this one... was a revelation:

That one was actually posted earlier in this very thread, but it moves fast (always a good sign, though).

Also, this one:

Many bases don't have any defenders. This is awesome. But sometimes the game glitches and doesn't end when you finish destroying the banks. You have to walk back to the train and leave.

Funnily, this is the third time I've seen someone calling "glitch" on the game, and like the others, mistakenly. In this case, if the raid doesn't end when destroying the banks, it means that they have a prisoner in the bathroom that you can free.

I'm at 210 and it still feels like too little. I suspect it will still feel like too little at 300, but eh.

Thanks, there were a couple things in there I didn't know. The game sure does have a lot of little details and neat semi-hidden stuff!

That one was actually posted earlier in this very thread, but it moves fast (always a good sign, though).

Also, this one:

Many bases don't have any defenders. This is awesome. But sometimes the game glitches and doesn't end when you finish destroying the banks. You have to walk back to the train and leave.

Funnily, this is the third time I've seen someone calling "glitch" on the game, and like the others, mistakenly. In this case, if the raid doesn't end when destroying the banks, it means that they have a prisoner in the bathroom that you can free.

I stopped with my medals at 250. Now I'm focusing on using up the stock I have on desired upgrades and then selling the rest off.

Also, I don't get this or any other tips like it:

Throwing any beast at a snail as long as it's uncooked will knock it out in case you have no way through without running or want the snail.

Does anyone really ever lose any health simply running (or even walking) up to the snail and stomping on it to stun it? Or is it just that people don't realize this stops them from spewing poison?

Quick notes from skimming that list:
- do NOT send level 1 haters after high level players. That's just an asshole move, because the player won't get much gold or SPL for killing them or the high level gear that AI haters have (the main reason to do so on higher levels).

That seems a downright surreal thing to worry about in a game that has stealing money and SPL from other players as a core mechanic. And even besides that, personally I will much rather find a low level hater in a high floor, than the reverse.

Aselith

I haven't seen this reddit thread posted, so I'm going to link it and post the whole thing (my apologies), because it's probably the best collection of tips and tricks on the game I've seen:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LetItDie/c..._petition_to_start_a/?st=iwrqis5i&sh=efebd02c

Quite a bit I figured out for myself, but this one... was a revelation:

Stomping on a pill bug, then shooting it while it is upside down, will yield a shroom that, when cooked, brings you back to life at 50% when taking a killing blow.

Oh, what the fuck have I even been doing with my life? :/

Lucent

How long does the pillbug shroom last?

The game is constantly saved, ala darksouls. Just log out there and your character will be alive. There's no "saving".

The shroom that revives is basically there until you receive a hit that'd kill you. No time limit at all.

Aselith

Can all Shrooms be cooked? I have tried cooking some of the status shrooms (poison, sleep, etc) and they just explode.

You want to go to throw them near a fire and it will give you the option to hold them out and cook them.

I also jsut cooked a crab and it gives you 40% damage syphon so that's pretty great.

Top Bottom