• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Anyone know what happens if all your characters die and you don't have enough Kill Coins to salvage or buy a new one?

You mean if you only have one character?

Otherwise you can kill your character to get them back, albeit without the gear/decals (except premium) they had. Or just farm until you have enough to bring them back.

you can trash them and spawn a new level 1 for free. I did this a bunch of times before I lost patience and gave up, but it's doable.

Why were you doing this though? You start with 2 char slots and like the first 4 floors are like 5k kill coins to salvage your guy, or just kill them to get them back.

you can trash them and spawn a new level 1 for free. I did this a bunch of times before I lost patience and gave up, but it's doable.

Ahh ok thanks. I was running dangerously low on Kill Coins today and one of my rank 2 characters died and I didn't have enough so Salvage so I was curious.

You mean if you only have one character?

Yea like say I have 5 characters and I just kept dying and going through each one without any killcoins for revival until all of them are dead.

silva1991

Luck increases crit chance and amount of kill coins you find IIRC

Since they don't have co-op, would have been nice if you could like "hire" a temporary side kick or something like that.

Hmmm. I guess I should make one luck based character for farming kill coins in the future.

Ahh ok thanks. I was running dangerously low on Kill Coins today and one of my rank 2 characters died and I didn't have enough so Salvage so I was curious.

Yea like say I have 5 characters and I just kept dying and going through each one without any killcoins for revival until all of them are dead.

I don't get it though. You can always salvage them later, just jump on your other character, run the first two floors and get enough coins to salvage them. Or just go to that floor, find your guy and kill them.

D i Z

Highest I've been is maybe floor 3 or 4. I beat Coen and then this started happening. Highest level character I've gotten is 16 or 17 but those are long gone.

I saw lots of low level haters and they were easy. This one is different.

That sounds like it's a high level character set on expedition in your tower. They could be there for anywhere from 1 or 2 hours, to an entire day I believe. Not sure if you can figure out where they are roaming and just take care to stomp them or avoid them. A good way to approach either of those situations is to let them be engaged with others in the tower. But either way being careful and spying them first is a must. Also, mushrooms are clutch for hater control.

I don't get it though. You can always salvage them later, just jump on your other character, run the first two floors and get enough coins to salvage them. Or just go to that floor, find your guy and kill them.

But what if I suck so hard I keep dying until all of them are dead with no killcoins?

I was thinking "surely the game doesn't hold you hostage until you pony up some real money for killcoins" but it appears if you trash them all you get one for free.

But what if I suck so hard I keep dying until all of them are dead with no killcoins?

I was thinking "surely the game doesn't hold you hostage until you pony up some real money for killcoins" but it appears if you trash them all you get one for free.

Only a rank one char though. That's going to be an issue later if you try that. Rank 2 are 10k, 3, 20k, etc.

Nah hopefully I never get into that situation but atleast the game gives you a chance to recover.

Ok I get you now. I really hope people don't find themselves in that situation later though. I have level 100 haters on my first floor now, so that's would be beyond brutal. I guess you could always just make a run for it though.

Demoskinos

Ok I get you now. I really hope people don't find themselves in that situation later though. I have level 100 haters on my first floor now, so that's would be beyond brutal. I guess you could always just make a run for it though.

Is that just a thing that happens once you get to later floors cause holy hell I finally got to level 25 unlocked grade 4 fighters and decided that I was going to work on getting a striker maxed out and ready to take on the next area.

I ended up having a horrible hour long calamity where I kept running into level 80 haters that just one shotted me on the first or second floors! I really think the Hater thing should be restricted to -20/+20 of your characters current level. That is in the realm of a fair fight. A level 1 vs a Level 89 though? =|

Is that just a thing that happens once you get to later floors cause holy hell I finally got to level 25 unlocked grade 4 fighters and decided that I was going to work on getting a striker maxed out and ready to take on the next area.

I ended up having a horrible hour long calamity where I kept running into level 80 haters that just one shotted me on the first or second floors! I really think the Hater thing should be restricted to -20/+20 of your characters current level. That is in the realm of a fair fight. A level 1 vs a Level 89 though? =|

I just bring a single crafted weapon or a higher level scavenged weapon and bring it with me. They're cake with that. The cleaver saber makes short work of them even at level 1. Often I can just back slam them and stomp on their heads for a bit, then a punch or two finishes it though.

Mr Croft

So no one else has figured out why we are no longer getting the recuse bonus for kill coins when we recuse team members fighters.

Just one shotted the 30th floor boss. I don't even know what the fight would have been like, I just annihilated him lol. Came in prepared with two slow time and two transfungus and that's thankfully all I needed. I had no idea what to expect there. WHEEWWWW. Gonna upload the video here in a minute.

So no one else has figured out why we are no longer getting the recuse bonus for kill coins when we recuse team members fighters.

I think it's because they've already been rescued. I've noticed I can repeatedly "rescue" from the same people. So unless you get lucky, and get a fresh one, you're likely rescuing someone from a base that's already been cleaned.

Aselith

Just went through some tense fucking shit getting to Floor 16. I had like 71 HP left and had to go through about 8-10 dudes with nothing to heal me there was one place where 4 guys were standing together and I had to slowly pull them one at a time with an assault rilfe so I wouldn't get fucked up.

Never been happier to see an elevator lol. Was really nervous when I went up the escalator to Kaga cause I was afraid I'd have to fight through some more to get to the elevator and now I only had a sniper rifle with 5 bullets.

Ummmm. Do you not know the different ways you can get back your fighters?
Ummmm, yes I do. Recovery cost gets disproportionately expensive as you go up the tower. I have no death metal and very little cash left after exhausting it trying to recover my fighters. My only options are to start off on a very low floor, grind (slowly) enough to buy a level 3 fighter, then grind some more to replace his equipment and get enough to ride the elevator back to the higher levels where my fighters are. I wouldn't be surprised if that's an hour of grinding to 'get back in the game'.

I have one question. I know if you kill your haterized character, you get them back but lose all equipment and non-premium decals. But what happens to the money and experience you got during the run of the character before it was haterized? Do you lose both? Keep both? Keep only the exp? Please only answer if you're sure.

Alternatively just stop playing and log every day to get a login bonus that includes coins. But really, the correct answer is that if you're down to your few last characters, just raid to get the money back to resurrect the others. If you don't even have the money to raid, enter the first level and open the first case, even before any enemy; it almost always contains 500+ coins (enough for one raid).

Volcynika

This one player is continuously sending their hunter to my game, they're level 72 and one-shot me regardless, and it's kind of annoying when I'm starting out with a newly made character :|

This one player is continuously sending their hunter to my game, they're level 72 and one-shot me regardless, and it's kind of annoying when I'm starting out with a newly made character :|
Need to make sure they don't get that one hit. If you've got well upgraded weapons, you should be able to take them out in a couple hits yourself. Try using tear gas or sleep mushrooms to ensure you get that alpha strike!

Might need to work on your masteries and weapon upgrades if that doesn't help. Level 1 vs 70 shouldn't really matter that much, your masteries and item quality are a much bigger power swing than anything else.

Riposte

The game is mediocre or unpolished in a lot of ways (although great by F2P standards), but the absolute pinnacle of the experience is when you end up getting way deeper (or higher) than you should be and your resources slowly deteriorate as your enemies get stronger. Often you are left with the choice to turn back and fight everything over again or go even further, either towards salvation or just digging yourself even deeper into this hole. Really thrilling (and really punishing, assuming you haven't bought a bunch of death metals). Reaching elevators is a huge relief, like reaching a bonfire, except you have more to lose even if you do reach them and decide to continue.

I found a side-path that allowed me to travel around the 24th floor boss so I could unlock all of the tier 4 classes. Just an hour earlier, I had to farm for 30+ minutes to get enough coins to recover the character I'm using; if I died up there, I would have to do it again for even more coins. It was a slow process with a few close-calls, but I ended up reaching a floor 29 area which had one of those side elevators to take me back down to 24. The fool in me just had to go a little further to see if I could grab some treasure. Well, I activated a trap that put me against three screamers way above my level in a tiny room. At this point all I have are a half-broken machete and some claws I picked up, the former of which does almost no damage against a fully armored enemy and the latter not much more, and all my armor is flashing red. I popped the invisible shroom I was saving for an emergency like this and wail on the crossbow wielder and poison him with the claws. The effect wears off just before he dies, so I ended up just running around the room and baiting the three to hit each other while the poison slowly kills the archer (in a panic, really). I ended up eating a gamble mushroom instead of the life-saving one and, through sheer luck, I didn't get turned into a frog. I survive the fight, nude, and make a beeline to the elevator I just passed. Then from there make my way back to the mainline elevator (about two areas) sweating like crazy, but I made it. Fun times.

EDIT: Also this song was waiting for me when I got back. Feels good man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-L7CojRahI

The game is mediocre or unpolished in a lot of ways (although great by F2P standards), but the absolute pinnacle of the experience is when you end up getting way deeper (or higher) than you should be and your resources slowly deteriorate as your enemies get stronger. Often you are left with the choice to turn back and fight everything over again or go even further, either towards salvation or just digging yourself even deeper into this whole. Really thrilling (and really punishing, assuming you haven't bought a bunch of death metals). Reaching elevators is a huge relief, like reaching a bonfire, except you have more to lose even if you do reach them and decide to continue.

I found a side-path that allowed me to travel around the 24th floor boss so I could unlock all of the tier 4 classes. Just an hour earlier, I had to farm for 30+ minutes to get enough coins to recover the character I'm using; if I died up there, I would have to do it again for even more coins. It was a slow process with a few close-calls, but I ended up reaching a floor 29 area which had one of those side elevators to take me back down to 24. The fool in me just had to go a little further to see if I could grab some treasure. Well, I activated a trap that put me against three screamers way above my level in a tiny room. At this point all I have are a half-broken machete and some claws I picked up, the former of which does almost no damage against a fully armored enemy and the latter not much more, and all my armor is flashing red. I popped the invisible shroom I was saving for an emergency like this and wail on the crossbow wielder and poison him with the claws. The effect wears off just before he dies, so I ended up just running around the room and baiting the three to hit each other while the poison slowly kills the archer (in a panic, really). I ended up eating a gamble mushroom instead of the life-saving one and, through sheer luck, I didn't get turned into a frog. I survive the fight, nude, and make a beeline to the elevator I just passed. Then from there make my way back to the mainline elevator (about two areas) sweating like crazy, but I made it. Fun times.

This is an amazing description that captures what makes the game so great.

Laws00

So I hit the level cap at level 25. can a well rounder go past level 25?

Is it true i need to beat the level 10 boss to get past the level 25 cap?

Frimaire

So I hit the level cap at level 25. can a well rounder go past level 25?

Is it true i need to beat the level 10 boss to get past the level 25 cap?

Once you beat the Floor 10 boss you unlock the rank 2 characters, which can level past 25.
There is no way for your current character to go past level 25, you need to start a new rank 2 character.

Laws00

Once you beat the Floor 10 boss you unlock the rank 2 characters, which can level past 25.
There is no way for your current character to go past level 25, you need to start a new rank 2 character.

ok thank you very much

i saw i had unlocked 2 other archetypes and bought them i didnt know if they could go past level 25 as well

Phil Fish

Banned
Has anyone noticed when 2 teams are in a battle, when it chooses a person for you to fight, it says "Failed, player is already getting attacked" and the available player to attack never changes? In other words, I was not able to raid because it stuck to one person that kept giving me a failure to attack message. I tried restarting the game, or traversing the tower and coming back, same player was still there and I could not raid. I wanted to contribute to the battle but I couldn't because of that.

Volcynika

Need to make sure they don't get that one hit. If you've got well upgraded weapons, you should be able to take them out in a couple hits yourself. Try using tear gas or sleep mushrooms to ensure you get that alpha strike!

Might need to work on your masteries and weapon upgrades if that doesn't help. Level 1 vs 70 shouldn't really matter that much, your masteries and item quality are a much bigger power swing than anything else.

I was just low on funds and couldn't afford much at the time. They even got sent on the very first floor you go to at the bottom. I just keep recycling the floor until I didn't get a prompt that that player didn't show up.

Dio

Banned
Is this worth playing if I don't plan to spend any money on it?

I haven't spent a single cent and I'm on like floor 16 or something and have unlocked Grade 2 fighters.

Yes, it totally is.

Just remember, don't waste your rainbow skulls on revives if you can help it. Just farm the money (you can farm 4000 gold or so on the first floor alone) to salvage your guy/girls if you die instead.

Has anyone noticed when 2 teams are in a battle, when it chooses a person for you to fight, it says "Failed, player is already getting attacked" and the available player to attack never changes? In other words, I was not able to raid because it stuck to one person that kept giving me a failure to attack message. I tried restarting the game, or traversing the tower and coming back, same player was still there and I could not raid. I wanted to contribute to the battle but I couldn't because of that.
Are you in California? I've gotten that a lot too (or just a straight up "we can can't find anyone for you to fight"). Starting to think it's because CA has so many people in it that there literally just isn't anyone left in the opponent pool left to raid.

Do you remember how you got to the shortcut?
22f Toyokawa to 25f Fugami. Make sure you are prepared to start facing harder haters, and having your tdm bracket bumped up! Rushing up the tower with level 10 masteries and only one star gear is no recipe for happiness.

Phil Fish

Banned
Are you in California? I've gotten that a lot too (or just a straight up "we can can't find anyone for you to fight"). Starting to think it's because CA has so many people in it that there literally just isn't anyone left in the opponent pool left to raid.

22f Toyokawa to 25f Fugami. Make sure you are prepared to start facing harder haters, and having your tdm bracket bumped up! Rushing up the tower with level 10 masteries and only one star gear is no recipe for happiness.

Canada. We were battling Florida yesterday and that glitch happened after 3-4 raids =|

Top Bottom