• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

That seems a downright surreal thing to worry about in a game that has stealing money and SPL from other players as a core mechanic. And even besides that, personally I will much rather find a low level hater in a high floor, than the reverse.
Hmm, seems I wasn't clear since you're talking about stealing and such.
Let me elaborate: Equipment becomes much more precious the higher you go up (particularly in the 30s). 5* AI haters have the best equipment in the game outside of the Jackals. There's a chance to procure said equipment when you kill them. There are also repair mushrooms on these levels. Do you understand why that is desirable to naked, throwaway haters that stupid players send to forage?
Naked haters sent by players are literally a waste of time.

I'm still level 25 ish noob. My shit gets raided and my defenses suck every time. I have crappy weapons. Hammer, iron and magnum. Anyone know how I can get good weapons this early in the game?

Seeing the Easy Allies guys gushing about this and awarding it "Most Surprising" during their GOTY stream has made me super interested.

Might give it a download.

Uthred

Ran into that elevator freeze bug again, twice in as many runs, that's me done for tonight. Pretty frustrating to be honest.

Hmm, seems I wasn't clear since you're talking about stealing and such.
Let me elaborate: Equipment becomes much more precious the higher you go up (particularly in the 30s). 5* AI haters have the best equipment in the game outside of the Jackals. There's a chance to procure said equipment when you kill them. There are also repair mushrooms on these levels. Do you understand why that is desirable to naked, throwaway haters that stupid players send to forage?
Naked haters sent by players are literally a waste of time.

I'm not that high up yet, but yes, I can understand why that would be a nuisance. However, is it that much worse than, say, being raided ten times?

I'm still level 25 ish noob. My shit gets raided and my defenses suck every time. I have crappy weapons. Hammer, iron and magnum. Anyone know how I can get good weapons this early in the game?

Really, I'm feeling like there's no way to really stop a skilled player. The AI is too predictable. I just raided a base my equivalent 51 rank, with 7 defenders, he had them all kitted out very well, with my cutlass I still demolished them all within 1:45. Like you can slow them down, and if they slip up they might die. But AI is too easy to predict their attacks.

Vaga

Until you have at least 3-4 high level equipped defenders just forget about defense.

I raided a base that had 3 lvl 25 dudes all dressed up, killed them with a lvl 1 naked with fists, the AI is plain stupid. Just make sure to spend your cash and never leave the game while having more than 10k coins and 10k spl. That way mostly nobody will attack for a mere 1k reward.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Holy shit that 10th floor boss. This fucking game is free?! I feel like i'm robbing the studio. Are all the bosses that epic? And we go to the surface?! Boi this game.

squidyj

I feel like i'v had a very different experience with bosses than other players, they're simple rote fights with a small number of mechanics in play.

Crossing Eden

I cheesed the shit out of Jin-Die by going to the top of the room and shooting her after spamming poison mushrooms.

How do I collect snails? That poison is misery.
I just crouch and grab them and store them as quickly as possible. Also once you enter the poison cloud, let some time pass by before entering another cloud so the poison build up goes away.

edti: Anybody else get some bad freezes when swapping weapons sometimes? I'm getting some weird performance issues since the patch...

D i Z

Also, I don't get this or any other tips like it:

Throwing any beast at a snail as long as it's uncooked will knock it out in case you have no way through without running or want the snail.

Does anyone really ever lose any health simply running (or even walking) up to the snail and stomping on it to stun it? Or is it just that people don't realize this stops them from spewing poison?

It's not just that, you can knock them off walls and ceilings with thrown creatures.

I just crouch and grab them and store them as quickly as possible. Also once you enter the poison cloud, let some time pass by before entering another cloud so the poison build up goes away.

edti: Anybody else get some bad freezes when swapping weapons sometimes? I'm getting some weird performance issues since the patch...

Yeah I've been getting a lot of them since the patch. And at the Waiting room vendor as well.

Mupod

yeah, so, this has become unplayable for me. I don't know why, but everywhere I go I just get one-shotted by a level 49 that invades my game. I can't make any progress and all my characters die instantly, no way to fight back because he just randomly appears out of nowhere and instakills me. I don't see how this is supposed to be doable so I'm done with this game. Don't have the time to be losing hours of progress unavoidably.

Crossing Eden

Fuck me that difficulty spike! Yea definitely gotta level up a couple of grade 2 characters before I even think of tackling these floors.

D i Z

I got to experienced the meditation battle (twice in a row) on the ride back to my waiting room today.
Got a question in spoilers as not to ruin the surprise for anyone.

It's kind of nice that you get a chance to kick the crap out of your invader and get at least some of that currency back. I haven't been the last fighter standing. Both times I felt as if I were one solid deck away from flooring them. Does anyone know if you can actually defeat your opponent and gain back all that they stole?

big_z

Lots of hitching and performance issues after the last patch. :/

With tdm when your team is at war with another is there a set number of raids you need to do in order to get the max reward?

With tdm when your team is at war with another is there a set number of raids you need to do in order to get the max reward?

I don't know I only did two raids, was successful, then went to do some family stuff. Came back and I guess my base was raided successfully which meant I was out. Wouldn't let me do any raids after that.

Agreed about performance hitches, seems to be a lot when switching weapons especially.

Glad I wasn't just imagining the performance issues. I thought it was because of my connection somehow (visiting my folks for Christmas)

big_z

No, but you can always run away and eat another after the effect is used. I haven't had that issue yet, but it's practically a freaking free skull.

Might empty my storage and stack up. Have a feeling they might patch it out or make them rare. I have no
Skulls left and the game is giving me shit in the prize box

Do they keep giving you that golden lucky cat decal every time you use an express pass? Hoping I can save multiple for my next class unlock.

The pool of express pass decals is pretty small, I think there's only 5-6 of them. So there's a good chance you can get duplicates (assuming you have passes).

Don't forget, you can get 2 decals per pass if you space them out.

Might empty my storage and stack up. Have a feeling they might patch it out or make them rare. I have no

I've just been toughing through getting coins if my guys die. It's pretty quick with farming the first few floors. I need a premium gold gathering decal though, I haven't even gotten a standard one yet. Guessing I need to get higher to unlock it.

Currently I have like 50 skulls because I bought 80, then upgraded my storage a bunch. Resisting using them on higher floors for deaths is tough. But I'm hoping to use them for express passes. They're taking their sweet damn time with that though.

Mupod

so is it normal that I was constantly being invaded by an extremely aggressive hater 40-50 levels above me on every single floor or what? I feel like I downloaded a different game from everybody else because this is literally impossible.

neshcom

Banned
so is it normal that I was constantly being invaded by an extremely aggressive hater 40-50 levels above me on every single floor or what? I feel like I downloaded a different game from everybody else because this is literally impossible.

Sounds like a high-level player has set a hater on you. Might just need to sit it out and wait for the expedition to end?

Nope that's pretty much been my experience the whole game, always bring a crafted/bought stronger weapon with you on your characters you are trying to level, use mushrooms and suplex slams/stomps and rage moves on them.

If they have guns LOS them and wait until they round the corner and ambush them. Just play smart.

Aselith

It's basically just useful, I've actually died a few times through it because there's no animation or invincibility. So if they're on you and it triggers they will keep going at you and kill you if you don't get away.

It's extremely useful but not OP so I don't believe they will patch it out.

Mupod

Nope that's pretty much been my experience the whole game, always bring a crafted/bought stronger weapon with you on your characters you are trying to level, use mushrooms and suplex slams/stomps and rage moves on them.

If they have guns LOS them and wait until they round the corner and ambush them. Just play smart.

I mean I just started playing a few hours ago. There are no weapons that I can craft because I lose all my blueprints to this thing. I can't get any mushrooms because I get one shotted immediately after taking a few steps onto any floor. Last few times I didn't even get any warning, character was dead before I even saw them.

Honestly after wasting like an hour on load screens there's no way I'll ever launch this again. Just wondering wtf I did wrong to cause this.

It's basically just useful, I've actually died a few times through it because there's no animation or invincibility. So if they're on you and it triggers they will keep going at you and kill you if you don't get away.

It's extremely useful but not OP so I don't believe they will patch it out.

Right but it's essentially like having 150% health, which is pretty great. It's saved me already when I was leveling a lower character and got hit by a flame wand from behind.

I mean I just started playing a few hours ago. There are no weapons that I can craft because I lose all my blueprints to this thing. I can't get any mushrooms because I get one shotted immediately after taking a few steps onto any floor. Last few times I didn't even get any warning, character was dead before I even saw them.

What levels are the haters on the first few floors? The haters are usually reflective of your highest rank character range. So if it's a rank 1 as you just started you shouldn't be seeing chars above 30. Maybe 50. What floor are you on?

Aselith

Right but it's essentially like having 150% health, which is pretty great. It's saved me already when I was leveling a lower character and got hit by a flame wand from behind.

Yeah, totally. I just mean it's not so broken that I see them seeing it as a problem. Like, I wouldn't go into a dungeon without it but I wouldn't feel handicapped if I didn't have it, you know what I mean?

He was acting like this was some crazy exploit which it's not. Game changer for sure but not something that needs addressed.

Mupod

What levels are the haters on the first few floors? The haters are usually reflective of your highest rank character range. So if it's a rank 1 as you just started you shouldn't be seeing chars above 30. Maybe 50. What floor are you on?

Highest I've been is maybe floor 3 or 4. I beat Coen and then this started happening. Highest level character I've gotten is 16 or 17 but those are long gone.

I saw lots of low level haters and they were easy. This one is different.

silva1991

Time to make grade 2 fighter.

what does luck do again?

Holy shit that 10th floor boss. This fucking game is free?! I feel like i'm robbing the studio. Are all the bosses that epic? And we go to the surface?! Boi this game.

I know right? I don't need to buy anything, but I think I will buy some, because the devs deserves it.

Time to make grade 2 fighter.

what does luck do again?

I know right? I don't need to buy anything, but I think I will buy some, because the devs deserves it.
Luck increases crit chance and amount of kill coins you find IIRC

Since they don't have co-op, would have been nice if you could like "hire" a temporary side kick or something like that.

Highest I've been is maybe floor 3 or 4. I beat Coen and then this started happening. Highest level character I've gotten is 16 or 17 but those are long gone.

I saw lots of low level haters and they were easy. This one is different.

You know when a character dies you can just pay kill coins in the freezer on something called salvage and get them back. It's really cheap on the first floors.

Top Bottom