• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Lucent

I umm...I watched the final boss fight. Kinda demoralized now. He looks so unfair. There has to be a better way to manage that fight. He felt like someone meant to make you go through death metals like forcing you to throw real money in.

delSai

How do I set up defenses? lol

Talk to Tetsuo and choose Waiting Room, the first option lets you set up Defense.

What's the plan for this game are they going to add more content?

Cz0oM2EUcAAXjpW.jpg

Ryuuga

Banned
They should add in-game feedback to that list so at least there would be a reason for me to attempt logging in every day.

PSA: Capturing enemy fighters is much more worthwhile during a war. Since players of the defending country can't directly select you (they don't get the "rescue" menu during war), you can hold them for much longer. I'm currently holding two of them, and have had to leave another two for lack of empty bathroom slots.

Nothing beats raiding a completely undefended base!

Which reminds me...

How do I set up defenses? lol

Raiding empty bases gets old fast when you get a few in a row, especially during wars. You set up fighters for defense in the same menu of TDM you use to upgrade your base.

They give the regularly available ones as premium also. I thought that I got had yesterday as well, until I looked at the Sprinter decal that I got and saw that it was in fact Premium.

There are no separate pools of decal types for "regular" and "premium", every single decal has both a regular and premium version. You can, of course, only buy the regular version of a decal you have unlocked, while mushroon stew can give you any decal in the game (but always a premium version).

So, mushroom stew: what's the chance of getting a premium decal? I spend 50k and got an ordinary decal. Disappointed.

No, you did not. See above.

I umm...I watched the final boss fight. Kinda demoralized now. He looks so unfair. There has to be a better way to manage that fight. He felt like someone meant to make you go through death metals like forcing you to throw real money in.

I haven't seen it myself, but really, many Soulsborne bosses would look like what you describe if you could use death metals and didn't mind doing so during your first try.

DO I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION?

Someone in here asked about golden snails on floor 13 and it seems like they're here today. They're in a room called "Okusa", 3-4 golden snails just hanging out there. You can get there from Nokejiri. Take elevator up to F13, make sure to pick up a regular snail there, go down to Nokejiri and from there up to Okusa.

Golden snails give you 4500 exp when you eat them. Did you hear that 4500 FOURTHOUSAND FIVEHUNDRED EXPERIENCE. If you farm today you can get all of your freezer cell characters to the highest level you can.

No more complaining about losing your strongest character EVERYONE IS YOUR STRONGEST CHARACTER. No more complaining about having to level up a new character, you can eat 2 golden snails and you can level you character to level 50 already. One loop takes like 20-30 minutes and you get 3-4 snails.

Why are you not doing this right now?! GO GET THOSE FUCKING SNAILS

Sorry for the obnoxious post that sounds more like an infomercial but go fucking do it
Thanks for the golden snail notice! Finally decided to unlock grade 4 fighters, and this was super helpful to get my defenses in order quickly.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Talk to Tetsuo and choose Waiting Room, the first option lets you set up Defense.

Cz0oM2EUcAAXjpW.jpg
By special enemies they mean the Jackals? Saw a video of a guy getting ohko by one of them so I guess they are unbeatable atm

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
This game definitely needs an option to dismantle items to get crafting materials. That would be more fair to the player imho.
Also do the firestarter, electrifier, and hornet decals all turn your weapons into fire, electric, and poison or do you need to find weapons that do that already?

MrDaravon

Is it overkill that I've only barely unlocked Grade 2 fighters but I'm doing enough raiding to get all of my freezer upgrades etc and getting a full freezer of max level Grade 2 dudes before progressing any further? It's obviously not hurting me or anything and I'm still getting some needed mats for the earlier receipes and whatnot, but is it necessary per se? I'm paranoid about what I keep hearing about higher "brackets" making raids and whatnot way more difficult.

I don't mind the Haters, but I'm really really not a fan of the Raids and how they change things in what I feel like are really binary ways (like it's counterproductive to logoff with any real amount of SPL/killcoins since you're just making yourself a huge target) so I almost want to just get this out of the way if nothing else. I still don't think I'm a fan of it in general, but I feel like Raiding needs some changes at a base level. I think without some massive adjustments I think Raiding is probably what will get me to stop playing; I don't enjoy doing them, and I don't like the way it forces me to change how I play in certain ways (making sure I'm not banking any real amounts when I get off etc).

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
There's something pretty damned satisfying about when you log in, even though your base is on fire, you see a lot of gear strewn about meaning that a lot of people failed. The report card is awesome in that it shows the overhead replay of your invader. I noticed that a lot of people didn't make it into my nasty inner circle. Most died to my level 1 fighters on the platform.

3 people did manage to sack me though.

I purposefully left a lot in both banks before I went to bed. I wanted to be invaded.

It's now my mission to make my base defense interesting for people, but still hard. I want to create a lot of different configurations of my fighters.

I have a lot of farming to do.

Edit:
Is it overkill that I've only barely unlocked Grade 2 fighters but I'm doing enough raiding to get all of my freezer upgrades etc and getting a full freezer of max level Grade 2 dudes before progressing any further? It's obviously not hurting me or anything and I'm still getting some needed mats for the earlier receipes and whatnot, but is it necessary per se? I'm paranoid about what I keep hearing about higher "brackets" making raids and whatnot way more difficult.
At least from what I've seen from here and from Twitch streamers, getting grade 3 fighters appears to be where a lot of people are right now. So you're going to see a lot of more raids and people directing their excursions at you. I wouldn't necessarily grab a lot of fighters, but more spend your time farming the teen floors for mats and getting your fighters ready for level 3.

hbkdx12

Just got to 16F jin die. It takes all of 30 seconds to realize that this fights is loads easier if you have reliable ranged attacks or decoy/transparangus mushrooms. Trying to get outright close enough to do melees is nigh impossible with the level configuration.

At this point, i'm having more fun grinding my characters, gear and weapons up to max level rather than actually pushing through the tower. In getting up to Jin die the 2nd time, i realize how quickly the enemies scale. Even with a maxed out defender at level 50, there were enemies that were on the verge of two-shotting me.

I may need to start relying on mushrooms a lot more too.

Lucent

Just got to 16F jin die. It takes all of 30 seconds to realize that this fights is loads easier if you have reliable ranged attacks or decoy/transparangus mushrooms. Trying to get outright close enough to do melees is nigh impossible with the level configuration.

At this point, i'm having more fun grinding my characters, gear and weapons up to max level rather than actually pushing through the tower. In getting up to Jin die the 2nd time, i realize how quickly the enemies scale. Even with a maxed out defender at level 50, there were enemies that were on the verge of two-shotting me.

I may need to start relying on mushrooms a lot more too.

I figured out how to cheese Jin Die a bit on my 2nd attempt there. There's a small hut thing on the left when you enter. If you hide behind it, she teleports there as part of her rotation. As soon as she appeared on top of it, I'd climb up and hit her with a strong 2 hand weapon. Worst she did was make me stumble a bit when she teleported away. I did have to fight her below after about half her HP was gone though. But that wasn't too bad.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I died on floor 29 and the character costs 110,000 to salvage.

Welp.

Money is getting pretty rough now.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I died on floor 29 and the character costs 110,000 to salvage.

Welp.

Money is getting pretty rough now.

I'm going to be getting the express pass whenever it becomes available. Unless my girl or guy has a lot of rare mats on them, I'm going to just head up there and kill them to get them back.

hbkdx12

I figured out how to cheese Jin Die a bit on my 2nd attempt there. There's a small hut thing on the left when you enter. If you hide behind it, she teleports there as part of her rotation. As soon as she appeared on top of it, I'd climb up and hit her with a strong 2 hand weapon. Worst she did was make me stumble a bit when she teleported away. I did have to fight her below after about half her HP was gone though. But that wasn't too bad.

Yeah i noticed the hut. It was my only cover but it was still an awful experience. Anytime she teleported on top of it, by time i got up there she'd teleport away or worse case scenario i'd get hit and then fall down to the lower level losing like 60% of my health in the process.

Then as you mention she telports to the lower level after she takes enough health and i've even then had her teleport back up in her "final" phase. The whole thing was just awful

If i need to grind her for mats, im just going to bring my grade 3 shooter and bring like 5 assault rifles

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm going to be getting the express pass whenever it becomes available. Unless my girl or guy has a lot of rare mats on them, I'm going to just head up there and kill them to get them back.

Yeah this one is too much even if she had a blueprint or two. I'll have to kill her eventually.

I don't think an elevator even goes wherever the hell I was, there's a pretty dubious layout where a side elevator shoots you up like 5 floors and the whole place was basically loaded with traps. It triggered grade 4 people for me too so now haters are insane.

D i Z

My country is so small that it never went to war since launch. The whole thing is poorly implemented, joining other larger teams would just mean joining the next California victim.

Joining Cali won't give you anything worth raiding. Who are you gonna raid when everyone is on the same team? I think we're over 20k right now, and it's made being on the team practically worthless. Joining Cali's opponents (GBR , Canada, NY and Germany) however will have a larger pool of untapped opponents to raid, with the same win bonuses and losses. Chances of winning are lower, but if you're not going to raid for hours on end anyway, you're not going to get much. But you will however have more people to raid and most likely bigger vaults. It's basically a toss up between earning more with you wins, or just trading in the work for a victory bonus.

Crossing Eden

I'm on team California, um, 500-3500 is the typical amount of money people hold in the bank right? Or did I make a bad choice?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
How does this work??

The express pass lets you ride an alternate elevator for free. At the beginning it doesn't cost much, but the higher you go, it gets extremely expensive.

With regards to the fighter, if you get them killed in the tower you have 3 options:
1. Spend death metal and bring them back to life immediately
2. Salvage them using kill coins which brings them, their gear, and their inventory back
3. Use a different fighter and head up to the floor where they died (they may be in different rooms) and kill them. They lose all their inventory and mats, but you don't have to spend time leveling up a different fighter

hbkdx12

I'm on team California, um, 500-3500 is the typical amount of money people hold in the bank right? Or did I make a bad choice?
I was in New York until they lost to Canada and then I switched to cali and I'm not seeing any potential "diminishing returns" in terms of the people I raid or what they might be holding.

Plus, by being on cali with so many people there's a very high chance you'll win any wars with other territories and that's basically a free 20k both in coins and spl just for being on the winning team. Not to mention the rewards goes into your rewards box so you can just keep them there indefinitely until you need them and not worry about losing it in a raid.

Crossing Eden

I was in New York until they lost to Canada and then I switched to cali and I'm not seeing any potential "diminishing returns" in terms of the people I raid or what they might be holding.

Plus, by being on cali with so many people there's a very high chance you'll win any wars with other territories and that's basically a free 20k both in coins and spl just for being on the winning team. Not to mention the rewards goes into your rewards box so you can just keep them there indefinitely until you need them and not worry about losing it in a raid.
Oh ok. Yea it's hilarious seeing so many other places try to go up against California.

Just raided a dude for 3K, dude had two level 25 and two level 50s guarding the train stop. My +4 hammers with the level 20 bonuses are so incredibly OP, guarding does nothing unless it's perfectly timed. >:)

EDIT:Just did it again. Dude these fucking hammers!

hbkdx12

Spending a few hours using your collector to grind for mats only to switch to any other fighter that has far less item space feels appropriately crappy lol

Crossing Eden

If I attempt to get to nokejiri will there be a chance that the entrance won't be sealed with the valve on the other side or is it permanently gonna be like that forever?

Burnburn

If I attempt to get to nokejiri will there be a chance that the entrance won't be sealed with the valve on the other side or is it permanently gonna be like that forever?

The Valve will always be on the other side. To get there the first time you have to go down from F16 I think and then open the valve. It will then always be open and you can then always go up from Nokejiri. It's a one time investment, but one I'd say you should DEFF do. But unless you're still in the tower without going to the waiting room, the tower has changed and you have to wait for this lay-out to pop up again

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The express pass lets you ride an alternate elevator for free. At the beginning it doesn't cost much, but the higher you go, it gets extremely expensive.

With regards to the fighter, if you get them killed in the tower you have 3 options:
1. Spend death metal and bring them back to life immediately
2. Salvage them using kill coins which brings them, their gear, and their inventory back
3. Use a different fighter and head up to the floor where they died (they may be in different rooms) and kill them. They lose all their inventory and mats, but you don't have to spend time leveling up a different fighter

Ah, was not aware of 3. Thanks!

Also, I have no idea what to do about defense. Should I just kit out a few fighters now (still Grade 1), or should I work to get Grade 2 unlocked and get some higher level guys? And do my defenders die/lose durability? Also, they can't be taken if they're on defense, right?

D i Z

Are your raid lists actually populated though? After about two hours into the last couple of raid wars a lot of people are getting those single listings of scrub bases that have been raided to death and almost completely drained. The encounter bonuses barely make it worthwhile. I guess if you run just a couple of raids and call it a day the end war bonus makes sense. But if you are going to dedicate time to raiding, you're better of having a more robust list since you can't raid anyone else during the 24hrs.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Ah, was not aware of 3. Thanks!

Also, I have no idea what to do about defense. Should I just kit out a few fighters now (still Grade 1), or should I work to get Grade 2 unlocked and get some higher level guys? And do my defenders die/lose durability?

Your fighters on defense don't lose durability as long as you bought their gear from the store. If you geared them up from things you found in the tower, then those will lose durability after every raid. You won't lose anything if they die but there is a caveat: Sometimes your fighter will fall unconscious after been beat and the raider could kidnap them. They do that at their own peril because it puts a big ass target on them for the entire world to come raid them.

Note than when you actually buy a new grade of fighter, it opens you up to haters being in that tier in the tower and it opens you up to being raided by that grade of fighter. So if you upgrade to grade 2 fighters, the tier 1 fighters you put on defense won't be able to put up much of a fight if the raider put in any time to leveling up their weapon mastery.

For instance, I leveled up my fists to level 20 and I now just one punch level 1 fighters and they die. Actually level 2 fighters die in maybe 3 or 4 punches for me now. I have the opportunity to buy level 3 fighters, but I've been holding off on buying one until I can level up my blueprints. It's slow progression for me and a lot here are a lot more aggressive in making their way up the tower.

Level up your punching! It takes a while, but god is it worth it. Also, level up your iron mastery. At least as far as I've been, that thing is a boss killer.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Your fighters on defense don't lose durability as long as you bought their gear from the store. If you geared them up from things you found in the tower, then those will lose durability after every raid. You won't lose anything if they die but there is a caveat: Sometimes your fighter will fall unconscious after been beat and the raider could kidnap them. They do that at their own peril because it puts a big ass target on them for the entire world to come raid them.

Note than when you actually buy a new grade of fighter, it opens you up to haters being in that tier in the tower and it opens you up to being raided by that grade of fighter. So if you upgrade to grade 2 fighters, the tier 1 fighters you put on defense won't be able to put up much of a fight if the raider put in any time to leveling up their weapon mastery.

For instance, I leveled up my fists to level 20 and I now just one punch level 1 fighters and they die. Actually level 2 fighters die in maybe 3 or 4 punches for me now. I have the opportunity to buy level 3 fighters, but I've been holding off on buying one until I can level up my blueprints. It's slow progression for me and a lot here are a lot more aggressive in making their way up the tower.

Level up your punching! It takes a while, but god is it worth it. Also, level up your iron mastery. At least as far as I've been, that thing is a boss killer.

Gotcha.

I've been leveling Bat, Hammer, Machete and Magnum (guns do work but fuck ammo). I'll work on fists!

Crossing Eden

Fuck me I have 27K coins and running low on armor and weapon durability. o.o Haters on one escalator, haters on another fuck the dudes who keep sending them. ._.

SilentRob

DO I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION?

Someone in here asked about golden snails on floor 13 and it seems like they're here today. They're in a room called "Okusa", 3-4 golden snails just hanging out there. You can get there from Nokejiri. Take elevator up to F13, make sure to pick up a regular snail there, go down to Nokejiri and from there up to Okusa.

Golden snails give you 4500 exp when you eat them. Did you hear that 4500 FOURTHOUSAND FIVEHUNDRED EXPERIENCE. If you farm today you can get all of your freezer cell characters to the highest level you can.

No more complaining about losing your strongest character EVERYONE IS YOUR STRONGEST CHARACTER. No more complaining about having to level up a new character, you can eat 2 golden snails and you can level you character to level 50 already. One loop takes like 20-30 minutes and you get 3-4 snails.

Why are you not doing this right now?! GO GET THOSE FUCKING SNAILS

Sorry for the obnoxious post that sounds more like an infomercial but go fucking do it

I was playing way too casually and lost 4 characters on my long way to Okusa since I had to open the doort with the Valve to go there from F13. After that I had to get to all of their positions again since I was out of money. That took more than 2 hours.

After that, I managed to make it to Okusa, finally. Got three snails. Went back to the Waiting Room. Leveled one character. Tried getting back to Okusa.

Layout changed. Okusa is gone. Just as all of my money and equip. Damnit.

Navid

Had no idea you only got one chance to fail a Raid when you are at 'war' with a different country/region... wish the game was clearer on stuff like that.

No info on adding more sorting options to bank/inventory in that update roadmap is disappointing... hopefully it's something they are working on but not considered big enough a bullet point to write down.

Varth

Had no idea you only got one chance to fail a Raid when you are at 'war' with a different country/region... wish the game was clearer on stuff like that.

No info on adding more sorting options to bank/inventory in that update roadmap is disappointing... hopefully it's something they are working on but not considered big enough a bullet point to write down.

This so much.

Crossing Eden

How much xp does a golden scorpion or a golden rat give out and does cooking them raise that percentage, trying to quickly level up another collector.

Top Bottom