• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

hbkdx12

No you are temporarily invisible to the boss after using a coin. You must have never used one before. You can wail on a boss with no consequence and do huge damage. It does become 100x easier.
I have used death metals in a boss fight. It's pretty much the only thing i save them for. I'm not saying there aren't benefits that can come from reviving in the middle of a battle, im saying that it's not impossible to think that you can work yourself into a corner where you're screwed on gear and resources that constantly reviving would just be a waste. This fundamentally goes against what p2w is, at least in the context of boss battles.

Now, if it were a situation where each revive gave you back all your gear and resources from before the fight then that be a different story.

I think a lot of the complaints about P2W would tone down if there were a way to avoid the TDM. As it stands, you're always on edge about how many coins you've got on you. It definitely creates a strange landscape for progression. I'd love to be able to spend a DM for a few days of protection. That would be worth it to me.

This sounds way more p2w than anything that's in the game now

MrDaravon

I think a lot of the complaints about P2W would tone down if there were a way to avoid the TDM. As it stands, you're always on edge about how many coins you've got on you. It definitely creates a strange landscape for progression. I'd love to be able to spend a DM for a few days of protection. That would be worth it to me.

Agreed. I would pay more for the Express Pass if it also provided protection from being Raided or losing currency from Raids.

It's 100% valid but I personally really dislike the meta and repercussions of raiding as a whole. It's probably what will eventually kill the game for me without major changes I don't think they will make.

Didn't realise TDM deaths counted as "proper" deaths, mah decals! ;) Any good spots for silver skillshroom farming?

Wait, what? Dying on a raid destroys your decals? Ooooh, that makes sense since it destroys your items equipment too; so it basically counts as "dying and killing your hater". Really important to keep in mind, thanks!

Trying to think what else would be lost. Probably exp, money and SPL obtained during the raid, but that's not bound to be a lot.

Agreed, but this brings into question why on earth your can increase the banks so much if the smart tactic is to never hold any real amount of currency in them?

My two guesses would be:
1) because revival costs later in the tower climb into the hundreds of thousands, and you could raid for that much if you were so inclined, since you can't be raided while you yourself are raiding, and
2) because upgrades also increase bank HP, and at high levels they take a while to break, which might earn the few seconds you need for the invader to time out if you delayed them enough fighting your dudes. Alternatively, if an invader decides they can't beat your characters in the hall, they may instead opt to destroy your banks directly, which would be more difficult if they don't go down in two attacks.

Speaking of which, I'm almost sure that the best strategy to a successful defense is to have durable characters (the ones with a diamond as their role symbol) hold off the invader enough that a second character joins the fight. This would hopefully snowball with additional characters to either wear down the attacked and kill them, or force them to play so cautiously that they time out (not inconceivable with 8-9 characters on defense).

It a very ugly game compared to dark souls. Artistic direction goes in interesting places. But I dont think a single person will say it is a good looking game

I say it is a good looking game. Particularly floors 11+ look pretty awesome. If urban decay is not your thing it's obviously not going to appeal to you, but what it does, it does quite well.

it's not fully comprehensive but it's pretty good

https://i.redd.it/igw7bkka0f3y.png

Unfortunately not that useful since it only lists main floors, and the best farming spots tend to be on side ones.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Speaking of which, I'm almost sure that the best strategy to a successful defense is to have durable characters (the ones with a diamond as their role symbol) hold off the invader enough that a second character joins the fight. This would hopefully snowball with additional characters to either wear down the attacked and kill them, or force them to play so cautiously that they time out (not inconceivable with 8-9 characters on defense).

I'm working on leveling my Defender characters. They seem like excellent builds overall. Lower firepower but can take more of a beating.

Syysch

Protection from being raided would be awful, it would just be nice if there was a reserved portion of your bank/tank that was untouchable, like in the area of 2000x the highest floor you've reached.

People already can't raid you unless:

• you're in the rescue list because you captured someone
  • you're randomly assigned through an ongoing fight between 2 regions
  • you attacked them previously and you're on their revenge list
  • you're close to their rank
You can protect against the last one by building defenses, all the others you can actively avoid for the most part. If you don't have a buttload of money on-hand, you won't be the one someone picks manually.

hbkdx12

Unfortunately not that useful since it only lists main floors, and the best farming spots tend to be on side ones.
Right but the two big advantages is that 1) you don't have to worry about tower configuration and potentially missing out on specific side rooms altogether and 2) to reset the areas to farm them you have to go back to your waiting room and being that you're already in an area that has an elevator, this greatly reduces the downtime that comes with traveling to side rooms and then traveling back to an where an elevator is to go back to the waiting room to then rinse and repeat.

Protection from being raided would be awful, it would just be nice if there was a reserved portion of your bank/tank that was untouchable, like in the area of 2000x the highest floor you've reached.
I've suggested this earlier in the thread and it's basically all they'd have to do to make the balance between raiding and saving money more bearable. I'm kind of surprised it wasn't built this way from the start. I'm sure people would be less peeved if every time they upgraded their bank, rather than or in conjunction with increasing the capacity, it increased the maximum amount of money that was reserved for saving. So if your savings is at a maximum of 10K then anything you have over 10K would be available to be raided. This would still force you to spend off excess money while not making you feel like you need to grind up money every time you start up the game because you spent it all last time.

cakely

Do I need to not have any armor in my inventory to complete the armor limit quest? And what counts as a successful climb? Just getting to the B area from A or going through B?

This. I've tried this quest naked, and made sure that I've gotten every kill (didn't let the haters kill-steal) and still got nothing.

Maybe "climb" means something else here.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
This. I've tried this quest naked, and made sure that I've gotten every kill (didn't let the haters kill-steal) and still got nothing.

Yea would really like an answer on this as I desperately need death metals.

EDIT:priest coat was an amazing find, 130 protection right off the bat with the next upgrade being 148. :O

Yea would really like an answer on this as I desperately need death metals.

It's really iffy, and the devs say they are looking into it. Are you also opening every vending machine you find? It has a chance of spawning an enemy, so maybe that also factors into it. I personally stopped attempting these quests until I hear a fix or something.

MrDaravon

I would also be totally okay with this, 100%. Just offer up some sort of partial protection for folks that really have no interest in Raiding.

Also I like how I keep complaining about the Raiding but I'm still playing the fucking game. Goddamn it game why are you so good

Yeezus

So what happens if you lose two fighters on the same floor? I went to kill my hater only to be killed myself. I don't mind grinding up some new fighters, because I'm due for some workforce upgrades, but how will that work? Do I need to kill one, leave, and then come back for the second? This is the first time this has happened to me.

It plays off the same strategies, same feelings of fear and loss. I'd be almost certain that someone that likes souls would like this. Which is the most important thing, right?

You aren't being cynical, the game's system is specifically designed to be grindy, obtuse, and addictive. The goal is to have you swallow your pride, save yourself some time, and resign to spending real money on death metals. They gave the videogame away for free, its not rocket science.

Yeezus

Do I need to not have any armor in my inventory to complete the armor limit quest? And what counts as a successful climb? Just getting to the B area from A or going through B?

If haters kill a screamer instead of you it nulls the quest. Also, it's not enough to reach the second listed floor, you need to kill all the screamers on all the floors. So if it says "Climb from floor X to floor Y killing all enemies" that means you need to kill all the enemies on floor X, floor Y, and any floors in between. The language is a little wonky. Better to play it safe and carry no armor at all unless someone can verify that its okay to carry but not wear any.

Crossing Eden

If haters kill a screamer instead of you it nulls the quest. Also, it's not enough to reach the second listed floor, you need to kill all the screamers on all the floors. So if it says "Climb from floor X to floor Y killing all enemies" that means you need to kill all the enemies on floor X, floor Y, and any floors in between. The language is a little wonky. Better to play it safe and carry no armor at all unless someone can verify that its okay to carry but not wear any.
So I need to kill all of the enemies in ikegara & wanoki, come back from wanoki, kill all the enemies in ikegara again? Then kill everyone in imokaka-cho? All while hoping that a hater's AI doesn't kick in and kill the npcs offscreen? :|

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's super annoying when I'm trying to farm up coins and get raided while I"m running floors. That's why I'd LOVE protection from raiding. Literally had 6k stolen from me while I was progressing, so my goal of getting enough to buy a stew is moot. Gotta go back and farm more, except I run the same risk of having someone come and steal another 5-6k while I'm there. Fuuuuck that.

Yeezus

So I need to kill all of the enemies in ikegara & wanoki, come back from wanoki, kill all the enemies in ikegara again? Then kill everyone in imokaka-cho? All while hoping that a hater's AI doesn't kick in and kill the npcs offscreen? :|

Why would you go to Wanoki?

Crossing Eden

Should I just go crazy with crafting things, my storage is filled to the brim with over 100 crafting items. ._.

I just checked and a lot of it is scratch metal. ._.
If you're planning on sticking with the game, and can spare the room, hang onto that. You'll want a lot of it later if you do a wide variety of uprgrading. I cleared out a bunch of scratch metal early on to make room when I didn't need it, and I really regret it.

Demoskinos

Yeah, hang on to the rarer materials for specific upgrades but like if you need space and you have a few cotton or hemp or something just laying around just upgrade whatever to get some free space.

Crossing Eden

Holy shit I just got the golden hammer. Dishing out insane damage thanks to the level 20 mastery boost. Goddamn. This with the priest coat and I feel invincible.

HOLY SHIT, ONE COMBO killed Coen. Three hits!!!

If you're planning on sticking with the game, and can spare the room, hang onto that. You'll want a lot of it later if you do a wide variety of uprgrading. I cleared out a bunch of scratch metal early on to make room when I didn't need it, and I really regret it.

Oops, I sold Scratch Metal too :/. It would be nice to know what materials are needed later on. For example I also sold Iron Scraps and now need them for a few armors.

Crossing Eden

Priest Coat?
letitdie_2016121814400uu5c.png

letitdie_201612181521cpuyc.png
blueprint or upgraded?
Upgraded to the second form. They're now golden. Comparison above. Seriously look at this shit, I made a gif of what happened:
9K5gUWF.gif

Cajun

Neo Member
Okay, maybe someone can help me out. I'm hitting a wall, gear-wise. Sadly, everything I have been upgrading, uses DOD Arms Green, and the most consistent way for me to get that is buy it at Gyakufunsya. I read that you can reset his inventory (to buy multiple mats) by returning to the waiting room and resetting the game so his position changes, but his inventory hasn't reset. Anyone know the actual trick to reset it, or any ideas?

Crossing Eden

Okay, maybe someone can help me out. I'm hitting a wall, gear-wise. Sadly, everything I have been upgrading, uses DOD Arms Green, and the most consistent way for me to get that is buy it at Gyakufunsya. I read that you can reset his inventory (to buy multiple mats) by returning to the waiting room and resetting the game so his position changes, but his inventory hasn't reset. Anyone know the actual trick to reset it, or any ideas?
What's this??

hbkdx12

Does defeating someone else's hater in one of the floors remove him from the original player's game?
Nope

What's this??
Secret shop in the tower. He's found at dead ends at various places in the tower. His position changes up though even after you find him so you'll never know where he'll be. He sells really good mats and blueprints that are dependent on the floor you find him on. You just have to get lucky and not only hope you find him but that you have money to buy whatever he's selling

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
PA just won our fight against Michigan. Awwww yeah 40k killcoins and splithium. :)
I thought we lost. lol

Good, I got ganked on my first raid, because I brought a pickaxe for some reason and the defense was entirely butterfly knives. I couldn't land enough hits. It was embarrassing.

Crossing Eden

Secret shop in the tower. He's found at dead ends at various places in the tower. His position changes up though even after you find him so you'll never know where he'll be. He sells really good mats and blueprints that are dependent on the floor you find him on. You just have to get lucky and not only hope you find him but that you have money to buy whatever he's selling
Its a shop. Its location changes every time you boot up the game but somewhere on the map this guy will randomly set up shop and sell blueprints as well as materials.
So you guys are telling me that at some place on the map there's a dude who's just chillin with wire mountains and other crafting materials??

Demoskinos

So you guys are telling me that at some place on the map there's a dude who's just chillin with wire mountains and other crafting materials??

Potentially, yes. His stock does change depending like was said where you find him but he does have some good shit.

I thought we lost. lol

Good, I got ganked on my first raid, because I brought a pickaxe for some reason and the defense was entirely butterfly knives. I couldn't land enough hits. It was embarrassing.

Cz-qSX9XgAEuljX.png

Top Bottom