• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

hbkdx12

So you guys are telling me that at some place on the map there's a dude who's just chillin with wire mountains and other crafting materials??

Indeed. I've found him 3 times so far. The crappy thing is that each thing can only be purchased once. So if for example he were selling wire mountain, you can only buy 1 as oppose to just stocking up.

He also sells blueprints for stuff that you probably haven't found yet (you can actually see what it is before you buy it, it doesn't have to be deciphered in the waiting room although you do have to bring it back down there for R&D of course) and im not sure if the prices changes the higher you go up but so far all the blueprints i've seen from him cost 30K

squidyj

So I got a longsword blueprint, and then I realized I needed a specific metal for it and I heard goto dropped it, on my way to goto on 11 i found a Longsword S. Walked into the goto area and I didn't know what the rage move was so I tried it out. first time it didn't do anything I was like wtf, then I must have timed it right because I got a 1500 point parry/counter that tore through gotos hp.

sometimes fortunate.
Still can't find an iron blueprint for the life of me :(

Indeed. I've found him 3 times so far. The crappy thing is that each thing can only be purchased once. So if for example he were selling wire mountain, you can only buy 1 as oppose to just stocking up.

He also sells blueprints for stuff that you probably haven't found yet (you can actually see what it is before you buy it, it doesn't have to be deciphered in the waiting room although you do have to bring it back down there for R&D of course) and im not sure if the prices changes the higher you go up but so far all the blueprints i've seen from him cost 30K

also the resources are super expensive, I mostly try to keep my eye out for blueprints. 60k for the pitbull shotgun, still worth it.

Volcynika

So what kind of path do I need to take to get to the 20F boss? Got the elevator on 19, but the only room it goes to has nowhere else to go but down I think. Guessing I need to swing around via other areas.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got the Priest Head and Legs in my last run. Glad I paid a DM to revive after getting slammed by a level 50. Spent all my coins making 3 sets of each before logging off.

Where can I farm the Blue and Green metal I need to upgrade them?

Got the Priest Head and Legs in my last run. Glad I paid a DM to revive after getting slammed by a level 50. Spent all my coins making 3 sets of each before logging off.

Where can I farm the Blue and Green metal I need to upgrade them?

some blue metal is from the gold chest (trap room) on floor 3 Tamata

Almost to the 40th floor. Would have been so so so much quicker had I known that the gear outside of some weapons are absolutely not worth leveling. Each set of floors gear is just a completely different league. I spent so much time upgrading early stuff on each floor up for future builds only to find most of them simply don't scale up/compare with with what you find later. From 0-10 to 10-20 it isn't a huge jump. But then in the 20's and 30's each subsequent jump is massive.

Demoskinos

So do we know if they are going to add more floors? I only ask because the business model of this game is really weird. I mean there is nothing stopping someone from continuing to play after you beat the level 40 boss but also if that is the peak of the content and all that is left for you to really do is grind upgrades and do TDM battles I can't see this game having a ton of longevity. Especially since they don't really uh force the monetization aspect in your face all that much which is commendable but from a business standpoint seems like a bad move?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So what kind of path do I need to take to get to the 20F boss? Got the elevator on 19, but the only room it goes to has nowhere else to go but down I think. Guessing I need to swing around via other areas.

IIRC you have to go down, then that leads up to it. It wasn't a straight shot path.

Almost to the 40th floor. Would have been so so so much quicker had I known that the gear outside of some weapons are absolutely not worth leveling. Each set of floors gear is just a completely different league. I spent so much time upgrading early stuff on each floor up for future builds only to find most of them simply don't scale up/compare with with what you find later. From 0-10 to 10-20 it isn't a huge jump. But then in the 20's and 30's each subsequent jump is massive.

I was pretty curious on that but it seemed to be like that.

Though I've been slowed down a lot in the 20s due to the huge jump in money prices in general. Don't really know what to focus on.

Caim

So do we know if they are going to add more floors? I only ask because the business model of this game is really weird. I mean there is nothing stopping someone from continuing to play after you beat the level 40 boss but also if that is the peak of the content and all that is left for you to really do is grind upgrades and do TDM battles I can't see this game having a ton of longevity. Especially since they don't really uh force the monetization aspect in your face all that much which is commendable but from a business standpoint seems like a bad move?

Yeah they will definitely add more floors.
I recall one of the previews of the game awhile back (PAX?) said something about how there were 128 floors total.

KrebStar

Got hit with this lesson pretty hard last night after I stopped procrastinating in the 20's and moved into the 30's. First couple of blueprints I found put all of my old, upgraded gear to shame.

Got hit with this lesson pretty hard last night after I stopped procrastinating in the 20's and moved into the 30's. First couple of blueprints I found put all of my old, upgraded gear to shame.

Well the thing is upgrading an old blueprint up enough will bring it to a higher version that's supposed to be equivalent to the higher tier/rank gear. Things like the fire machete and most other weapons that are good on lower floors, upgraded later stay very good. Armor however doesn't because the actual boost stats of the later armor are so much better. So even though the armor increases, the stat benefits really don't.

Riposte

From what I've seen, gear upgraded to another tier is usually better than gear that begins at that tier.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there an updated list of good places to farm materials? And a working shroom list? I feel like I should start doing a little mat farming to prepare for 16F and 20F since those are, apparently, kind of tough.

I've watched videos of the 30F boss and
Coen part 2.
. How did you deal with those two? The second in particular becuase the videos I've seen of that fight suggest it's a LONG and dumb fight.

I thought I would beat 40f this weekend but I basically spent my time playing upgrading gear, just
more candle wolf black metals till I get the next tier of masamune.

Coen part 2.
. How did you deal with those two? The second in particular becuase the videos I've seen of that fight suggest it's a LONG and dumb fight.

Are you talking about the
34f
fight? There are usually side paths that can get you to 35f or beyond until you hit a lock, that will unlock 5 star fighters. Then you can go back down to fight the boss. Also the shrooms in 30+ are extremely good, just stock up on them, they really bust you out of rough spots.

Is there an updated list of good places to farm materials? And a working shroom list? I feel like I should start doing a little mat farming to prepare for 16F and 20F since those are, apparently, kind of tough.

Coen part 2.

Time slow, scorpion shrooms for the 120% dmg boost.

Difficulty isn't the problem, i'm just a really slow person lol. I like to take my time with things.

Oh I did too, extremely so. And it ended up being generally a waste. I could have been done easily and had much higher level upper tier weapons probably. Not even worth time investing in gear it seems until 20/30. 0-20 wasn't worth it.

Kept getting raided because so I focused on my defenses, which is also pointless because one solid weapon and any decent player will crush all your guys. Express passes were really the only reason raids were happening so frequently.

Oh I did too, extremely so. And it ended up being generally a waste. I could have been done easily and had much higher level upper tier weapons probably. Not even worth time investing in gear it seems until 20/30. 0-20 wasn't worth it.

DIY pants still look the best lol. So even though it is half as much defense as what I can use, style > substance. I don't know what they were smoking when they made something like Sengoku legs. It doesn't even match the sick looking top, just makes you look like a hobo.

I think the most time efficient thing for armor though is probably just pick up the ones dropped from enemies and use the repair shroom on them. They have 1k defense, and that can save you a lot of time instead of investing into them.

delSai

Kept getting raided because so I focused on my defenses, which is also pointless because one solid weapon and any decent player will crush all your guys.

Yea thats true. I've been raiding some people today and the only thing i had to do was the Butterfly Knifes second attack. Made every fight insanely easy.

Yea thats true. I've been raiding some people today and the only thing i had to do was the Butterfly Knifes second attack. Made every fight insanely easy.

Cleaver Saber makes raiding a trivial matter.

Has that back dodge lunge move as well, with way more reach and repeated stabbing which will down pretty much any enemy easily.

I've been trying to do the stupid quest where you have to kill everyone in the first level but never seemed to trigger it. Where the hell are the rest of the enemies?

Guy with 6k KC 800 TDM points, all his defenders are like naked level 25s. Solid.

Yup I'm pretty sure all the high raiders just raid constantly, send their dudes on expeditions and spend all the currency they get. You don't usually get raided when you keep at the waiting room and are constantly raiding others.

Baliis

Yup I'm pretty sure all the high raiders just raid constantly, send their dudes on expeditions and spend all the currency they get. You don't usually get raided when you keep at the waiting room and are constantly raiding others.

That's pretty much what I do. Just raid whenever I need cash, keep one of my resources under 1k so I cant be raided.

Yeezus

Would it be worth editing information regarding the "kill all--floors" quests into the OP or the thread title? It seems like the question is being asked repeatedly with considerable frequency.

Az987

all good things
Is level 25 the max level? If not, how do I get it so I can level up more? I haven't been following the thread.

Baliis

Is level 25 the max level? If not, how do I get it so I can level up more? I haven't been following the thread.

When you get past floor 10, youll unlock the grade 2 fighters that have a higher level cap, then grade 3 as you go up more, etc

On that note, when do you unlock grade 4?

At certain floors, you can buy higher grades of fighters at your freezer, with higher level caps and stats. Uncle Death will send you mail when it becomes available, grade 2 becomes available after 10f.

Yeezus

As you progress through the tower different grades of fighters will becomes available for you to purchase and level. Grade 2 fighters become available after getting your first large stamp, and max out around 50.

edit: This is what I mean. The let it die site has a decent FAQ, but maybe we should type up something for here as well?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Holy hell what is this sound effect glitch?! Sounds like someone put metal in a blender whenever I open the death bag. ._.
EDIT:Returning to title fixed it.

Top Bottom