• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

big_z

DO I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION?

Someone in here asked about golden snails on floor 13 and it seems like they're here today. They're in a room called "Okusa", 3-4 golden snails just hanging out there. You can get there from Nokejiri. Take elevator up to F13, make sure to pick up a regular snail there, go down to Nokejiri and from there up to Okusa.

Golden snails give you 4500 exp when you eat them. Did you hear that 4500 FOURTHOUSAND FIVEHUNDRED EXPERIENCE. If you farm today you can get all of your freezer cell characters to the highest level you can.

No more complaining about losing your strongest character EVERYONE IS YOUR STRONGEST CHARACTER. No more complaining about having to level up a new character, you can eat 2 golden snails and you can level you character to level 50 already. One loop takes like 20-30 minutes and you get 3-4 snails.

Why are you not doing this right now?! GO GET THOSE FUCKING SNAILS

Sorry for the obnoxious post that sounds more like an infomercial but go fucking do it

Can someone snap a picture of the tower map showing the location? Nokejiri leads down to Shinzo-omeno for me. I don't see any okusa rooms.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wow - mastery and leveled Blueprints are something, aren't they? Floor 10 boss died in like 3 Hammer combos.

E: F11. Game got weird. I'm oddly intrigued by the story here. I hope it's more than just "Congrats you win the tower!" It feels like there's more a la SAO.

Wow, one of the platinum medal TDM guys had 38000 as a reward for splithium, I decided to raid him expecting a full stocked 5 star defense team, but he had nothing to defend. I wonder how he gathered that much without even being raided.

Dazza

This game is fantastic, I have Titanfall 2 and Battlefield One sitting on a shelf because I'd rather play this F2P game, and it's not even remotely unfair in its pay mechanics either, so much so I haven't felt the need to spend a dime yet.

Oh and the soundtrack is awesome, pity it has such a cumbersome way of switching tracks

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Some poor bastard invaded me and stole 1500, I got revenge and stole 3K with interest while killing all his characters. >:)

Wow, one of the platinum medal TDM guys had 38000 as a reward for splithium, I decided to raid him expecting a full stocked 5 star defense team, but he had nothing to defend. I wonder how he gathered that much without even being raided.
Defense through intimidation I guess. Good calling their bluff!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Think I might be burnt out on this... the grind is real. Hard to justify the time sink with so many other things to play.

I liked it though. A lot.

Just requires too much time. And it gets worse and worse as you move up.

MrDaravon

Think I'm going to take a break until they get the Express Pass in the game, at least assuming it's at all reasonably priced. Multiple small things either just aren't my cup of tea or clicking with me at all (Raids) or rub me the wrong way like the load times, switching music tracks, extremely limited inventory space (which the Pass will help with) etc. It also feels a little too frustrating when you die as well, and I've beaten the Souls games etc so it's not inexperience or having a problem with that mechanic, and I think it's partially caused by the other issues I have (loads, not being able to really stockpile Killcoins because it makes you a Raid target etc). Also really not a fan of the 'bracket' system in terms of how it bumps up everything across the board difficulty-wise on all floors with the Haters. It doesn't feel artificial per se in bumping up the difficulty or anything, but I do honestly think that move was done in part to make the game more grindy/last long with it being a F2P modeerl.

Overall the game is fantastic and easily in my top 3 for the year, but I've hit a wall with some problems I have with the game that I'm having a hard time articulating :/. Worse case I'll give it another solid go once they get the Pass in and I'm hoping by then they'll have some of my other complaints addressed.

Think I might be burnt out on this... the grind is real. Hard to justify the time sink with so many other things to play.

I liked it though. A lot.

Just requires too much time. And it gets worse and worse as you move up.

Yeah, this is most definitely part of it for me. It makes at least partial sense though since it's F2P and they want that money coming in. Which makes it all the more crazy that the game is pretty damn friendly in terms of not spending real money on it, but it's still got that grind to it.

Baliis

Getting TDM points feels like such a chore. I'm like 50 points below where I started today even though I'm like 48-2 for raids today. Gain 1-2 points per, lose 40+ if I screw up and die. I can't find people near me to raid to make the gain/loss more balanced.

And died again because my controller stopped worked, down 80 points for the day now

Yeezus

Just got to 16F jin die. It takes all of 30 seconds to realize that this fights is loads easier if you have reliable ranged attacks or decoy/transparangus mushrooms. Trying to get outright close enough to do melees is nigh impossible with the level configuration.

At this point, i'm having more fun grinding my characters, gear and weapons up to max level rather than actually pushing through the tower. In getting up to Jin die the 2nd time, i realize how quickly the enemies scale. Even with a maxed out defender at level 50, there were enemies that were on the verge of two-shotting me.

I may need to start relying on mushrooms a lot more too.

I stumbled into the fight without ranged weapons my first time on the floor. I ran around on the ground until it spawned on the lowest of the pillars, and then quickly climbed up and chained attacks. It wasn't difficult, but I did spend a lot of time safely waiting for the right set-ups (reloading, trying to look for me with the green lasers). All the ground cover makes it easy to pop off multiple mushrooms before needing to reengage.

big_z

They need to rollback the patch. The invisible item/gear is bullshit on its own but I just ran into an invisible hater and died 😐

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
They need to rollback the patch. The invisible item/gear is bullshit on its own but I just ran into an invisible hater and died 😐

It's fun when you think they have no weapon equipped but discover they have a hammer or some other decent reach thing. Yay.

Also made a point to spend all my money before logging out. Go ahead and attack me Internet! I have no funds and no defenders. :)

They need to rollback the patch. The invisible item/gear is bullshit on its own but I just ran into an invisible hater and died ��

I met a decent amount of female screamers without their bra today, unfortunately it isn't as hot as you would think since screamers are pasty, while also infested with fungus and freezer burns, on top of the barbie anatomy. Luckily, the Hater and Player model textures seem to be working correctly.

Crossing Eden

None of the floors are spawning wire mountains for me. I have SO much stuff I need to upgrade with wire mountains being the only missing ingredient, tips?

big_z

I met a decent amount of female screamers without their bra today, unfortunately it isn't as hot as you would think since screamers are pasty, while also infested with fungus and freezer burns, on top of the barbie anatomy. Luckily, the Hater and Player model textures seem to be working correctly.

I have yet to encounter the braless but I've had plenty with invisible weapons or gear, my weapons and gear have become invisible. Encountered and invisible hater, only a name tag was visible. I've seen look show up then vanish or flip through the floor. There also some walls you can run up now if you run slightly angled along them.

There's noticeably more issues since the patch and the game runs worse.

Riposte

I'm having a hard time playing other games, for my end of the year wrap up. I've put in enough time to be satisfied with Let It Die, but being addicted is a whole other matter.

None of the floors are spawning wire mountains for me. I have SO much stuff I need to upgrade with wire mountains being the only missing ingredient, tips?

Are you passed Max / on the second tile set yet? Ingredients tend to come in tiers, aside from a few exceptions here and there.

Seyane (12f near Goto) has a decent amount of mats. I usually make a quick stop there when I needed to get the green wolf medal from Goto on 11.

Crossing Eden

Seyane (12f near Goto) has a decent amount of mats. I usually make a quick stop there when I needed to get the green wolf medal from Goto on 11.
I've gotten to Seyane but didn't the level layout seems really different from the first time I got here so none of the loot is showing up on floors 11 or 12.

hbkdx12

I've gotten to Seyane but didn't the level layout seems really different from the first time I got here so none of the loot is showing up on floors 11 or 12.

I've been farming floor 13 for wire mountain. It's hit or miss of course but most of the time i can get atleast two. The most i ever wound up with was 4 or 5.

I've been using this a bit as well and it seems pretty accurate.

Code:
[IMG]https://i.redd.it/igw7bkka0f3y.png[/IMG]

KrebStar

Well, that was annoying. Raided a guy that had a huge stockpile, killed his defenders, destroyed his banks, then after it loaded me onto the train it said I failed and essentially counted as a death.

I had well over a minute remaining, so I'm assuming it was some sort of bug. Raiding naked from now on, I guess.

hbkdx12

Wow that ign review was bad and lacking info/ misinformation

Did they play it for 2 hours and shit out a review?
That's probably exactly what they did. This game requires a fair amount of investment and I don't see any game journos actually doing that for a F2P game that feels like it came out of no where.

Hell, the first 10 floors basically act as a tutorial but you'd never know that if you don't commit to that investment.

D i Z

Well, that was annoying. Raided a guy that had a huge stockpile, killed his defenders, destroyed his banks, then after it loaded me onto the train it said I failed and essentially counted as a death.

I had well over a minute remaining, so I'm assuming it was some sort of bug. Raiding naked from now on, I guess.

The exact same thing happened to me during the war with GRB. I was over 50 wins deep and it broke my streak. Really bummed me out for a minute.

DO I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION?

Someone in here asked about golden snails on floor 13 and it seems like they're here today. They're in a room called "Okusa", 3-4 golden snails just hanging out there. You can get there from Nokejiri. Take elevator up to F13, make sure to pick up a regular snail there, go down to Nokejiri and from there up to Okusa.

Golden snails give you 4500 exp when you eat them. Did you hear that 4500 FOURTHOUSAND FIVEHUNDRED EXPERIENCE. If you farm today you can get all of your freezer cell characters to the highest level you can.

No more complaining about losing your strongest character EVERYONE IS YOUR STRONGEST CHARACTER. No more complaining about having to level up a new character, you can eat 2 golden snails and you can level you character to level 50 already. One loop takes like 20-30 minutes and you get 3-4 snails.

Why are you not doing this right now?! GO GET THOSE FUCKING SNAILS

Sorry for the obnoxious post that sounds more like an infomercial but go fucking do it

Is it gone already? I just managed to get on after spending the day with family. I don't see any floor called Okusa connected to Nokejiri.

Just beat floor 20 boss...my goodness that was INTENSE. Wasn't as prepared as I should have been, and it literally took everything I had to win (and a ton of time and patience), including my last revival.

What's everybody's favorite class to use? I've pretty much just used a striker the whole time, but thinking about switching it up, that collector bag space is very tempting...

Just beat floor 20 boss...my goodness that was INTENSE. Wasn't as prepared as I should have been, and it literally took everything I had to win (and a ton of time and patience), including my last revival.

What's everybody's favorite class to use? I've pretty much just used a striker the whole time, but thinking about switching it up, that collector bag space is very tempting...

All-rounder or Striker personally.

I think shooter really becomes great the farther you get in the game. You do need to really upgrade the guns though, but they have really high dps when you are able to unload a whole clip. Not only that but rapid fire weapons destroy armor extremely quick, even if they block, but preferably you will still bait and whiff punish or cc before going for full damage, like any other weapon. You also need things like Dragonshrooms for the longer boss fights, because that gives you unlimited ammo for a time.

Beat the floor 20 boss. I had two of the invisible mushrooms, they were a huge help. Was glad to have them!

Exploring the next floor and seriously, how does this game keep getting more interesting?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
The game is like 49GB! My PS4 only gets like 60mbps of the 100mbps I pay for.

Data to start is done. What's the other ~30GB for?
Several things i notice that cannot be accessed:
- Tetsuo/Tokyo Death Metro feature
- Music change after finishing 3rd floor
-You cannot go past 3rd or 4th floor (sorry, i forgot)

audio_delay

Neo Member
Anyone know if there is a huge difference between the loading times on a ssd and hdd with this game? I currently got a ssd (512GB) inside my original ps4, but am planning to get a pro soonish.

Alo0oy

Banned

Shooter is the strongest in my opinion, but it's also a very high maintenance class.

I think shooter really becomes great the farther you get in the game. You do need to really upgrade the guns though, but they have really high dps when you are able to unload a whole clip. Not only that but rapid fire weapons destroy armor extremely quick, even if they block, but preferably you will still bait and whiff punish or cc before going for full damage, like any other weapon. You also need things like Dragonshrooms for the longer boss fights, because that gives you unlimited ammo for a time.
Yeah I'm a big fan of Shooter as well. Recently upgraded my AR to Tier 4 and it's destroying everything. I'm about ready to continue (and finish?) my ascent.
Just want to upgrade my Cleaver a bit more for close combat situations..

I watched someone play this on twitch last night for a few hours and I still didn't have a clue what the fuck was going on.

This looks like too much hard work (time investment).

I swear every time I lay down to sleep I just start thinking about the game and want to boot it up...biggest surprise of the year for me. I still haven't beaten ff15 lol.

You guys got me wanting to level a shooter asap, good thing I have 6 golden snails in the bank :)

KrebStar

Well, after losing a fully decked out character to the elevator bug on level 30, I decided to head in this time with the cheapest combination of items I had in storage. Slowmungus + Crushroom + Motor Psycho rage attack feels like straight up cheating.

In fact, the Motor Psycho rage attack in general feels like a bit much considering it only uses one bar. It's become my go-to panic button for when things get too hairy.

Well, after losing a fully decked out character to the elevator bug on level 30, I decided to head in this time with the cheapest combination of items I had in storage. Slowmungus + Crushroom + Motor Psycho rage attack feels like straight up cheating.

In fact, the Motor Psycho rage attack in general feels like a bit much considering it only uses one bar. It's become my go-to panic button for when things get too hairy.

Yea, I have a video on the previous page of the 30th floor boss. I used two Transfungus and slow time mushrooms but I didn't even need it with motor psycho. I destroyed him with some really crappy gear on me as I didn't know what to expect so didn't want to go in with too costly of gear.

silva1991

I had 80k yesterday to wake up with only 20k left. That fucking sucks.

Edit: yeah I'm done with this game. Even after "revenge" I didn't get even 10% of the money I lost, because of this flawed raid system.

Players should only be raided when they are online, because at least they get their money back constantly while exploring and shit.

80k are gone just like that because over 20 person decided to arid me while I'm away is BS.

I will come back after they patch this.

For now I'll just watch Peeve play it for me.

Top Bottom