• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

big_z

Does the poison = health tattoo work with fatal poison or is it only effective with the snail clouds?

Fuck fatal poison :(

Almost to the 40th floor. Would have been so so so much quicker had I known that the gear outside of some weapons are absolutely not worth leveling. Each set of floors gear is just a completely different league. I spent so much time upgrading early stuff on each floor up for future builds only to find most of them simply don't scale up/compare with with what you find later. From 0-10 to 10-20 it isn't a huge jump. But then in the 20's and 30's each subsequent jump is massive.

Willing to let me know what's worth leveling? I finally broke through lvl 10 and got to 12 before i got 2 shot by a sniper. Been grinding quite a bit today on lower lvl mats to get some more 2* gear before I push forward. Is that just a waste of time though? I haven't even made my first grade 2 character yet because ppl say the haters you encounter are based on your highest grade character.

edit: saw some of your later posts, guess I should just go ahead and push to find those new blueprints then.

What class of characters does everyone usually use? trying to decide what to make my first grade 2

Willing to let me know what's worth leveling? I finally broke through lvl 10 and got to 12 before i got 2 shot by a sniper. Been grinding quite a bit today on lower lvl mats to get some more 2* gear before I push forward. Is that just a waste of time though? I haven't even made more first grade 2 character yet because ppl say the haters you encounter are based on your highest grade character.

Machetes are good but after jungle machete E, the next tier you need 30f+ mats to upgrade it. So basically they are great 10-20, 20-30 obsolete, 30+ awesome again if you upgrade them.Stuff like the Iron is good throughout, and even if you don't upgrade it has great utility as a parry and CC. If you are planning to level a shooter endgame, the assault rifle and nail gun are great when upgraded.

Machetes are good but after jungle machete E, the next tier you need 30f+ mats to upgrade it. So basically they are great 10-20, 20-30 obsolete, 30+ awesome again if you upgrade them.Stuff like the Iron is good throughout, and even if you don't upgrade it has great utility as a parry and CC. If you are planning to level a shooter endgame, the assault rifle and nail gun are great when upgraded.

thanks for the info, i have the jungle machete right now at grade 1 +3, its a pain in the ass trying to find iron scrap, i go through floor 2-4 only to find like 1 piece.

Is ammo less of an issue later on? So far I only have the magnum and fireworks gun and it seems like I just need to find/buy a new gun once I'm out of bullets. Is that how guns work in this?

thanks for the info, i have the jungle machete right now at grade 1 +3, its a pain in the ass trying to find iron scrap, i go through floor 2-4 only to find like 1 piece.

Is ammo less of an issue later on? So far I only have the magnum and fireworks gun and it seems like I just need to find/buy a new gun once I'm out of bullets. Is that how guns work in this?

Later guns actually have a decent clip size and total ammo. If you create a gun from R&D, a fresh gun could actually last you through a decent number of haters/screamers as a shooter. Lizards appear in 20+ (though they aren't as plentiful in the 20s except in some cases), they can drop dragonshrooms which give you unlimited ammo buff. More enemies have ranged weapons as you go on, and they get even more dangerous imo, like the baseball pitcher.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Fuck me some dude had a bunch of level five level 70s with some kinda weapon that shoots out little balls of electricity that explode on contact guarding his base. ._. So i'm outta the fight does that mean that I won't get the rewards when we win?

Fuck me some dude had a bunch of level five level 70s with some kinda weapon that shoots out little balls of electricity that explode on contact guarding his base. ._. So i'm outta the fight does that mean that I won't get the rewards when we win?

Sounds like they had a welding gun, basically a shotgun that has a brief charge up time before shooting. I personally don't like it and on top of the charge up time and range, it can shoot duds and nothing comes out. If your team wins you still get rewards if you did some contribution to the war.

Caim

Like from the TDM team fights? You'll still get rewards regardless.

hbkdx12

You will, you just can't contribute to the fight to help your team win but cali winning is pretty much inevitable so you're fine.

Crossing Eden

Sounds like they had a welding gun, basically a shotgun that has a brief charge up time before shooting. I personally don't like it and on top of the charge up time and range, it can shoot duds and nothing comes out. If your team wins you still get rewards if you did some contribution to the war.
Yea they definitely weren't shooting duds. Damn I was like 10 wins in and he was only guarding like 400 coins. Five level 70s just got that few. ._.

Like from the TDM team fights? You'll still get rewards regardless.
Good.

big_z

Is goto weak against anything? Tried to beat him with two invisible shrooms but he's a tank... at least with my current weapons

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is goto weak against anything? Tried to beat him with two invisible shrooms but he's a tank... at least with my current weapons

Goto-9 on F12 or F13 or whatever or the F23 one? The low level one I just comboed with my hammer +4 (mastery 14 or 15) and took it out quick. The F23 one...I'm not that far yet, but I've read that those F20+ bosses require upgraded weapons and higher mastery or you're going to spend hours punching a wall.

PSA - Don't forget to send your fighters on Expeditions. EZ money and mats. I am now sitting on a ton of Pillbugs ready to be turned into "Oh shit" buttons.

Darknight

So when you pick a team, does it matter? I feel the bigger the team, the more likely to get attacked?

Does GAF have a particular one they are part of or everyone in here just chose random state/country?

big_z

Goto-9 on F12 or F13 or whatever or the F23 one? The low level one I just comboed with my hammer +4 (mastery 14 or 15) and took it out quick. The F23 one...I'm not that far yet, but I've read that those F20+ bosses require upgraded weapons and higher mastery or you're going to spend hours punching a wall.

PSA - Don't forget to send your fighters on Expeditions. EZ money and mats. I am now sitting on a ton of Pillbugs ready to be turned into "Oh shit" buttons.

Ya floor 23, didn't know he showed up before then... hasn't for me. Even super moves barely make a dent

Crossing Eden

Raided enough people to get enough coins to set up all my guards with the priest coat and two golden hammers. Come at me. >:)

Baliis

Don't worry. Every time Ive felt like "Oh, I feel confident in my base defenses" Someone has always managed to wound my confidence. :p

At least in the rank 30's it feels impossible for defenses to out pace attackers. Especially since you can start picking up tier 3 weapons from the 20+ floors and still be still be low 30s for rank

Crossing Eden

Jelly of your rare mats.

Also, doing this via purchasing the gear means they'll always be at full durability for defense, right?
Yep. If they get past the two level 25s they'll have a nice surprise waiting for them in the actual bank room. In the form of two well equipped level 50s.

Syysch

Don't worry. Every time Ive felt like "Oh, I feel confident in my base defenses" Someone has always managed to wound my confidence. :p

Yeah, I'm only just starting to be a bit confident in mine, and I'm sitting on 5 tier 4s and 4 tier 3s. I know things can go to hell, though, because this is what I've been doing to other people's tier 4 defenders:

2wG801h.jpg

Had posted this to the reddit, I always laugh at this ridiculous weapon, such a great design:

giphy.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Finally got to and beat the 10F boss and checked out the 11th.

This game, lmao. So glad I had not seen any of this before.

Is there any way I can replay that boss stage? I found it to be pretty goddamn great.

Probably been asked a thousand times but is Tryptamine D a single use item or infinite? :D im scared!

I'm almost positive it's single use, but I've never found info to confirm it. Bite the bullet and let us know.

Its so expensive! And has a blue background like blueprints so im not sure...
We still don't know?? Holy crap.

My bank is only at 80000 but I will make this a priority.

edit: rofl googling an answer to this question literally brought me to this page of this thread. We really are in the uncharted.

Endo Punk

Bought a premium decal 😁 understand a lot more of the game now; the raids,tms, capturing etc. Ive never put this much time into a f2p, thought it was just the model that didn't appeal to me, turns out it was actually the games.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
yeah is this fact or "i heard it's single use" :D

price seems off the charts as it would be cheaper in many cases to just let the character die and pay the 10k for the rescue instead.

The cost to bring someone back raises based on the floor. I got killed on 29 and it's something like 110K for it.

yeah is this fact or "i heard it's single use" :D

price seems off the charts as it would be cheaper in many cases to just let the character die and pay the 10k for the rescue instead.

Except that rescue costs climb exponentially the higher you are: after 10F it costs more than 10k; after 20F, over 50K; after 27F, over 100k; after 33F, over 200K; and at 40F it costs 330K.

The cost to bring someone back raises based on the floor. I got killed on 29 and it's something like 110K for it.

Except that rescue costs climb exponentially the higher you are: after 10F it costs more than 10k; after 20F, over 50K; after 27F, over 100k; after 33F, over 200K; and at 40F it costs 330K.

oh shit :D i thought it had some upper limit.

Well then i can see it's use for high level players as at some point it does become cheaper than dying...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I support this request.

Walk into the area, cross the bridge to the left and then behind the area where Jin sometimes spawns is a low building. Stand on that lower building and crouch. She cant hit you there. As soon as she appears in front of you and doesnt seem to do the puke attack, jump up and hit her until she disappears. And repeat.

Heyt

Banned
Walk into the area, cross the bridge to the left and then behind the area where Jin sometimes spawns is a low building. Stand on that lower building and crouch. She cant hit you there. As soon as she appears in front of you and doesnt seem to to the puke attack, jump up and hit her until she disappears. And repeat.

Awesome

MrDaravon

What exactly determines the TDM rewards you get in the login box? I got a 10k SPL and 10k KC rewards, but my Team hasn't been in a Fight in like 10 days. I did do maybe like 20 Raids the day before though.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
What exactly determines the TDM rewards you get in the login box? I got a 10k SPL and 10k KC rewards, but my Team hasn't been in a Fight in like 10 days. I did do maybe like 20 Raids the day before though.

Special event going on for all players based on the amount of total raids.

Top Bottom