• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Volcynika

Finally got to and beat the 10F boss and checked out the 11th.

This game, lmao. So glad I had not seen any of this before.

Is there any way I can replay that boss stage? I found it to be pretty goddamn great.

Just go back to the 10F and fight it again, same entrance as before. Should be a quest to beat it available as well.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What's a good way to level new characters? I want to build a Collector so I can farm some mats, but F11+ on a new character still feels dangerous to me. I can take on one enemy, but two enemies usually spells doom for me.

Also, FUNTOWN is a lie.

delSai

What's a good way to level new characters? I want to build a Collector so I can farm some mats, but F11+ on a new character still feels dangerous to me. I can take on one enemy, but two enemies usually spells doom for me.

Also, FUNTOWN is a lie.

Do you have any golden beasts? Just eat it, they give you a shit ton of XP.
If you dont have any, just re-run lower Floors.

And cmon Funtown is hella fun

Phil Fish

Banned
What does the frog say?

_91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg

MrDaravon

Special event going on for all players based on the amount of total raids.

Is there any way to see how long these events last for or have left? I assumed these bonuses were for when your team was in a Fight. The only other time I got this was the day after the only Fight my team was in (and lost). Or is it daily and I'm just not getting these because I usually don't Raid?

So confused :(

Is there any way to see how long these events last for or have left? I assumed these bonuses were for when your team was in a Fight. The only other time I got this was the day after the only Fight my team was in (and lost). Or is it daily and I'm just not getting these because I usually don't Raid?

So confused :(

I think it's just weekly.

Its a weekly payout. This specific event runs until January.28th. You can find all the info about it on the news page when you log in, though its a few entries down as its been running since launch.

Caim

yeah is this fact or "i heard it's single use" :D

price seems off the charts as it would be cheaper in many cases to just let the character die and pay the 10k for the rescue instead.

Yeah I've used every item in the vending machine.

It's all single use. It becomes much easier to make coins the higher you go up since everything gives more.

Riposte

Temo-Uma (18F, off Daida and Kinutamin) seems real good for wire mountain, got 5 or so there. Also ran into 3 MK3 Bullet Tubers, which are annoying to find.

EDIT: One of the entrances of Kinutamin also has a MK3 hover and bullet tuber right next to it. It's slow but consistent. Don't recommend farming for materials, but good enough for questing.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I got 43K killcoins, 43K SPL, and 2 death metals for my contributions during the California fight. As well as four death metals as a login bonus. Feels good man. T-T That's gonna be my backup funds since they're in storage and can't be touched by other players. No one tried to raid me either.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Also, FUNTOWN is a lie.
Beating coen at level 1 gets you to level 9 instantly, doing it a second time gets you to 16 I believe. From there a bit of poking about to clear a floor or two and you'll be above 20 easily in no time.

But yeah check the quests that reward golden beasts, they are levels in one bite.

Baliis

Beating coen at level 1 gets you to level 9 instantly, doing it a second time gets you to 16 I believe. From there a bit of poking about to clear a floor or two and you'll be above 20 easily in no time.

But yeah check the quests that reward golden beasts, they are levels in one bite.

When I'm doing grade 3s, I can blast through Max and Goto pretty quickly as well for a nice chunk of XP. I usually do max - goto - coen to get some base levels, then roll around the teens a bit for mats.

kuroneco

Reading some questions here make you feel that some people literally want to be taught with everything, detail-oriented step by step...for the purpose of playing a video game, I really suggest you save some surprises for yourself to discover.

For non-story driven games, the most fun part is about the experience after all.
If you don't want die (and That is the only way they can make money from this game at this point), more importantly don't even try or using any imagination,
but aiming an easy or relaxing gaming time, then this game is not for you.

One more thing when people complain that the game should or should not be doing this or that, can we stop complain and let the developer (in this case, the producer) having his way and present the game as he wants? I don't want to play "the prefect game in Your imagination" because it does not exist. Let the people behind their product have that freedom, really we have too many "generic" games in this world already. Don't ask something like fair in a video game, each game should be allowed to have their own rule and the players are allowed to choose which one they'd like or at some degree, are able to play.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Reading some questions here make you feel that some people literally want to be taught with everything, detail-oriented step by step...for the purpose of playing a video game, I really suggest you save some surprises for yourself to discover.

For non-story driven games, the most fun part is about the experience after all.
If you don't want die (and That is the only way they can make money from this game at this point), more importantly don't even try or using any imagination,

One more thing when people complain that the game should or should not be doing this or that, can we stop complain and let the developer (in this case, the producer) having his way and present the game as he wants? I don't want to play "the prefect game in Your imagination" because it does not exist. Let the people behind their product have that freedom, really we have too many "generic" games in this world already. Don't ask something like fair in a video game, each game should be allowed to have their own rule and the players are allowed to choose which one they'd like or at some degree, are able to play.

What the hell is this post? This is a thread to discuss and enjoy the discovery of the game. The mystery is huge and the challenge is real, so we're all helping one another get the most out of the game that they can.

I'm starting to feel I should abandon Colorado. Our 'war' with Washington is going nowhere, and I feel I'm missing out on the fun of TDM!

Any suggestions? Should I stick it out or join up with a more populated state?

cakely

We're extremely sorry that we're asking and answering questions about Let it Die gameplay in the Let it Die OT.

No, actually, we're not.

Also, I normally don't complain about this, but seriously, proofreading is your friend.

So I learned today that you don't need blueprints to upgrade/make an item that you've already given to the weapons dealer. My storage has a whole lot more room in it now.

The beast sounds are great.

I like the scorpion the best.

They really are. I also love the little details they added. For example, check out the way rats react when you hold them in front of the flame to cook. (I could be wrong and they react that way regardless, but I'd need to check again.)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Also, I normally don't complain about this, but seriously, proofreading is your friend.
My instinct is that kuroneco is a non-native english speaker and this accounts both for the errors in the writing and the ideas expressed coming off as more judgmental than they are intended to be. That's my giving the benefit of the doubt anyway.

Obviously, anyone who is in this thread asking questions is interested by definition in having those specific questions answered, even if they do want to figure everything else (that they haven't asked about) out for themselves.

The design and systems of the game are very much intended to encourage players to do this, much like the phenomenon of trading tips and secrets over recess in schoolyards past.

delSai

My favorite little detail is when you do the Goretastic with the Metal Bat (where you hit the Head away), you can actually break boxes should the Head hit them.

This game is a lot of fun, reminds me of Dark Cloud in a lot of ways. I wish it was on PC at the current moment though since my dad is staying me with ATM and taking up the PS4 playing Fallout 4. XD

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lol, I should start cashing out when I log off (plenty of high-ticket items available now) so I don't get targeted for raiding so much, but for some reason I don't really mind it when I log on to see I have been raided a bunch of times. maybe I am a glutton for punishment.

Baliis

lol, I should start cashing out when I log off (plenty of high-ticket items available now) so I don't get targeted for raiding so much, but for some reason I don't really mind it when I log on to see I have been raided a bunch of times. maybe I am a glutton for punishment.

Depends on how much you care about your TDM points. If I get raided I'm prob losing 40-50 points which could be hours to get back for every single one. They really need to hurry up and get express passes out so I don't have to worry about keeping something to sell for elevator money.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm starting to feel I should abandon Colorado. Our 'war' with Washington is going nowhere, and I feel I'm missing out on the fun of TDM!

Any suggestions? Should I stick it out or join up with a more populated state?

Yea, I'm in Colorado as well. Didn't realize that a war had actually started. I took yesterday off from logging into the game.

I think I'm going to stick with CO for a little bit and see if they change the US into regions Like N/S/E/W or something. People in the US seem to be flocking to California, Texas, New York, or Florida when I take a look at the map populations. Otherwise, I may join up with California, or maybe Canada.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Depends on how much you care about your TDM points. If I get raided I'm prob losing 40-50 points which could be hours to get back for every single one. They really need to hurry up and get express passes out so I don't have to worry about keeping something to sell for elevator money.
I guess that's "not at all," unless I'm missing something. What do TDM points get me?

Although I have just realized (as I go through my entire list of people to get revenge on, regardless of their cash on hand) that raiding is damn good weapon mastery XP, wish I had figured that out sooner.

Baliis

I guess that's "not at all," unless I'm missing something. What do TDM points get me?

Although I have just realized (as I go through my entire list of people to get revenge on, regardless of their cash on hand) that raiding is damn good weapon mastery XP, wish I had figured that out sooner.

Not much really. If you can get 1000 points you go to silver and get 2k rewards per raid instead of 800. Makes grinding a bit faster. Not sure what the points needed for the next ranks are though

And yea, 50 per kill is great when you find someone with 5 or 6 naked level 1 defenders

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not much really. If you can get 1000 points you go to silver and get 2k rewards per raid instead of 800. Makes grinding a bit faster. Not sure what the points needed for the next ranks are though

And yea, 50 per kill is great when you find someone with 5 or 6 naked level 1 defenders
Thanks for the info. can your points from losing make you go down a rank?

Yea, I'm in Colorado as well. Didn't realize that a war had actually started. I took yesterday off from logging into the game.

I think I'm going to stick with CO for a little bit and see if they change the US into regions Like N/S/E/W or something. People in the US seem to be flocking to California, Texas, New York, or Florida when I take a look at the map populations. Otherwise, I may join up with California, or maybe Canada.

I put 'war' in quotes because it's not a real war yet in the game mechanics, it's just Washington is the only state we are generating any real heat with, and it's still absolutely minuscule. At this rate we'll be at a real war with them by the end of January.

I'll stick with Colorado for the time being, but I definitely don't want to miss out on the fun, either.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I put 'war' in quotes because it's not a real war yet in the game mechanics, it's just Washington is the only state we are generating any real heat with, and it's still absolutely minuscule. At this rate we'll be at a real war with them by the end of January.

I'll stick with Colorado for the time being, but I definitely don't want to miss out on the fun, either.

Ah yea, I see that's the case now. That's our highest level of hatred and we're a ways away from the war mechanic. I agree with you about not wanting to miss out on the fun. Like I said, I'll give them a bit to see if they'll change anything, otherwise I'll jump ship to a more active state or country.

So I just logged in after a day and I see I got raided a lot. Muahahahahahaa!

YdC5zYy.jpg

3 people were successful though. I'm not even mad.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
going through my revenge list has also been super helpful for learning to fight against different weapon types.

This game is a lot of fun, reminds me of Dark Cloud in a lot of ways. I wish it was on PC at the current moment though since my dad is staying me with ATM and taking up the PS4 playing Fallout 4. XD

You should just give him the PS4 and buy yourself a Pro.

and a 4k / hdr tv and if money grew on trees too

Having passed the floor 16 boss and having tier 3 characters, I have to say that leveling the characters up is a pain in the ass.

Specially cause even at the lowest levels really high level haters spawn. With good armor, doublke machetes, seemingly infinite stamina. It pisses me of to have to to go my 3rd char to gather money to get my 2nd char back to then gather money to get the 1st one back to have it die on the next hater again.

It is F2P and I guess thats how they want to push the purchase of death metals.

Also, I hate double machete wielding haters. Those are always the ones that I make one mistake and they kill me in one combo.

Still having fun in the game though. Which makes me a masochist I guess :p

Top Bottom