• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Ugh, it's going to take some grinding to get that last freezer spot unlocked. Hopefully people are a bit lax on their bank accounts and defenses as I start this.

For those not aware about raiding, if you don't like what you see in the list, just back out and go back into the raid tab. It refreshes the list of people somewhat.

Hit floor 25 and got my first rank 4 character. Only had to spend about 6 death metal in the climb from 23-26.
I couldn't do more than 100 damage a hit to Goto, that fight took 20+ minutes!

Time to clean up the lower 20 and start developing some weapons. I think I'll finally start building folks for an actual defense team now.

Here's a nice post from someone on Reddit that I'm going to follow:

Floor 30+ tips

"the game breaking freezer glitch'

The fuck is that about?

Any good guide around? I feel kinda lost and have so many questions.

How do you take up quests? I have a notification of new quests, but I couldn't find them.

How do you unlock decals? I can still only use one and I'm level 21 now.

And the stats is capped? How do you get a new character with different class?

Can you buy healing items??

The game does a good job of explaining its basics, but it can be a little front heavy for sure, there are some good write ups on the reddit page. And of course, asking here.
How do you take up quests? I have a notification of new quests, but I couldn't find them.
Talk to girl behind the counter in the arcade, Naomi Detox, shes the quest giver (Well, her laptop is).
There are a few ways, just buying them, taking a chance with the Mushroom Stew (which unlocks a random premium decal) and from various rewards. Higher grade fighters will have more decal slots.
Yes, stats are capped. Its based on your characters grade, once you reach a certain floor you will unlock new fighters to be able to purchase, the game will let you know when you've hit one of these milestones. Higher grade fighters can then be purchased from your freezer, if you've the space. They start at level 1, but you can level them up fairly quickly again. They have higher base stats so can start with better equipment and can start on higher floors.
Yes, but not for awhile, and they are pretty pricey. There are some floors that are great to farm them that you can easily stop off on to scoop some up before tackling your current goal. Sending your unused fighters on expeditions can be a great way to stock up too.

Baliis

You get quests from the girl in the arcade. Level cap for rank one fighters is 25 and they have 1 decal slot. When you get higher in floors you'll unlock grade 2 who have a level cap of 50 and 2 decals, then grade 3, etc. As you keep going up.

You can buy some healing items later for a ton of coins, but you shouldn't need to. Send fighters on expeditions from the freezer and they'll bring back food sometimes, plus just picking up whatever you find in the tower should be more than plenty.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

1) Go back to the arcade (fountain in the middle of the Waiting Room) and talk to the girl on the left. She has quests.

2) You get more after you clear F10 boss and unlock higher grade fighters. You get decals from the Mushroom lady. Stew gives you a premium decal that never goes away, even after you die. That costs 50k. The ones you buy are one time use and go away if you die and don't resurrect or pay to retrieve.

3) Stats are capped per grade. 1* is 5-6 points per stat, 2* is at least 9 per stat...It goes up from there (as does the max level).

4) I don't believe you can buy healing items. You'll find a load of mushrooms, rats, snails, etc throughout your exploring of the tower. Also, send your extra fighters on expeditions to get food like woah. I have 200+ shrooms and beasts in my storage right now.

E: Beaten like a horse!

So any feedback on how this game is doing?

I think in a sense it's catching on, maybe...maybe not.

I've always liked Suda 51, met him in person too - nice guy. And I don't think he's ever really had a huge success. I hope this turns into a franchise. And I hope Let it Die 2 can find a way to be a regular game. I'm not anti-F2P, but if you have a solid foundation for a game, then put it out there, market it and price it. Anyhoo, going off track from my original question.

Baliis

So any feedback on how this game is doing?

I think in a sense it's catching on, maybe...maybe not.

I've always liked Suda 51, met him in person too - nice guy. And I don't think he's ever really had a huge success. I hope this turns into a franchise. And I hope Let it Die 2 can find a way to be a regular game. I'm not anti-F2P, but if you have a solid foundation for a game, then put it out there, market it and price it. Anyhoo, going off track from my original question.

Seems like its doing decently at least, but they really really really need to get express passes out before people start to drift away. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Baliis

Thanks for the replies.

Also, any way to expand the death bag?

Express passes give you extra slots,or level a collector.

I need Candle Wolf Blue Metal. Where do I find this? There's no info online that I can find. :|

Quests if there's any or the chest in trap rooms on floor 1-10 if you can find a good one to grind. Another kinda dumb thing I hope they fix, each mini boss isn't in each level set to grind their metal, but you still need a bunch of them for upgrades. Total pain.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Express passes give you extra slots,or level a collector.

Quests if there's any or the chest in trap rooms on floor 1-10 if you can find a good one to grind. Another kinda dumb thing I hope they fix, each mini boss isn't in each level set to grind their metal, but you still need a bunch of them for upgrades. Total pain.

Yeah, the rare mat grind is about the only thing I don't love about the game right now. Makes progress...SUPER slow.

Volcynika

Not sure if mentioned, but their twitter account announced that with the maintenance tomorrow, the Jackals comin' back for us all! So explore freely for another day :p

Remember when I teased there would be details about tomorrow's maintenance? THEY'RE COMING BACK. Maintenance: 12/20/2016 16:00-18:00 (PST)

They haven't been cowering in fear since their recent defeat. They've been training. You have less than 24 hours to prepare. #DIEtoSURVIVE

Baliis

Not sure if mentioned, but their twitter account announced that with the maintenance tomorrow, the Jackals comin' back for us all! So explore freely for another day :p

Nice. How long is the timer until they appear, or is it by floor? Some of the floors in the high teens early 20s are super long from what I've done, I'd imagine they keep getting longer too?

I meant to comment on it last night, but the level and sound design in this game is so good. I'd been exploring for a super long time and gone from like 17 to 23 and had probably 60k coins and like 8 new blueprints, but was down to 2 mostly broken long swords, some armor id taken off a screamer, like 300 hp and no more food. My heart was pumping at points when I knew a hater was nearby but wasn't quite sure where until I finally managed to get back down to safer floors.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm super scared of the Jackals. They look terrifying. :|

Im actually kinda dreading it. I just hit the 20s and you need a boss metal for every tier 3 blueprint, its gonna be nuts.

Yeah, I'm working on masteries right now. 20 Hammer is a good start. I need to hit 20 Fist and 20 Machette since those are legit.

E: Got the Poison Eater premium decal! Does that protect me from snails, too?

I'm super scared of the Jackals. They look terrifying. :|

Yeah, I'm working on masteries right now. 20 Hammer is a good start. I need to hit 20 Fist and 20 Machette since those are legit.

Good luck on the fists, I'm at 18, and I need 8000 experience to get to 19, for comparison, most weapons need 3800 to go from 1 to 20 lol.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Good luck on the fists, I'm at 18, and I need 8000 experience to get to 19, for comparison, most weapons need 3800 to go from 1 to 20 lol.

I'm running 1-10 to pick up rooms I missed (Chudo is locked from the other side damnit) and grind coins. It's kind of relaxing to not worry about dying every time I turn the corner!

Agkel

With Jackals returning, a lot of people will be in for a rude awakening.

This game has been picking up steam while the Jackals were patched out. I feel there will be a significant exodus of players when all of a sudden, they realize their grade 3,4 and 5s disappear when a Jackal gets you.

Starting to think getting fists to 20 is the single most important thing everyone should do. No money wasted on weapons when farming lower levels for rare metal, and at the high (mid 20s for me now), I can save my weapon durability for haters and over pull mistakes.

Only disappointment was that upon hitting 20 mastery, there wasn't a Hokuto no Ken style attack unlocked.

Just found a Priest's Cowl +2 on floor 5. Seems to increase movement speed by 9% and can't break. Nice.

Anyone else found this or similar items?

D i Z

How many Bronze Skill shrooms do I need to take to madcap mushroom lady?
I'm assuming that she'll give up 1 premium decal for every x amount. Is that correct?

Just found a Priest's Cowl +2 on floor 5. Seems to increase movement speed by 9% and can't break. Nice.

There is a whole Priest set. There is also the Sengoku set (I don't remember any of the stats though, sorry).

The legs icon on the hats is stamina, not movement speed. Each of those icons is a percent boost (or reduction) to one of your six primary stats.

Top row, left to right is HP, stamina, strength, bottom is dexterity, vitality, luck.

You can see the bonuses or penalties reflected on your character sheet in parentheses.

How many Bronze Skill shrooms do I need to take to madcap mushroom lady?
I'm assuming that she'll give up 1 premium decal for every x amount. Is that correct?

She doesn't trade premium decals for skill mushrooms. She has a selection that you can't buy for kill coins. (But you can get premium versions with stew) They cost different amounts, 2-4 mushrooms, some for bronze, silver or gold. Just visit her, you can look at her selection and see prices after you find your first skill mushroom.

Is it good? I mean compared to using a regular head item.

TBH I don't have a head item BP unlocked anyway so I'll use it. But still wondering what the consensus on the set items is.

Is it good? I mean compared to using a regular head item.

TBH I don't have a head item BP unlocked anyway so I'll use it. But still wondering what the consensus on the set items is.
All armor in the game is part of a three piece set that you can mix or match. The priest cowl is a regular item, and isn't otherwise special, it's just not as common as some of the other stuff you are probably finding.

May as well use it for now, it's going to break like all the other stuff eventually.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This game seems to get way more annoying when you're on floor 25+. It's really pricey to actually deck your character out with weapons and still get an elevator up, and farming lower floors is really fucking dangerous when a level 100 hater just rolls out and instant kills you.

Which means you kinda want a really strong weapon on hand to fight them, which is also expensive. And now if I die on the higher floors they're way too much to salvage so they're just gone and I need to relevel one until I go back and kill them. But leveling a new characters means I need to try to avoid the ridiculous haters on lower floors again.

This game seems to get way more annoying when you're on floor 25+. It's really pricey to actually deck your character out with weapons and still get an elevator up, and farming lower floors is really fucking dangerous when a level 100 hater just rolls out and instant kills you.

Which means you kinda want a really strong weapon on hand to fight them, which is also expensive. And now if I die on the higher floors they're way too much to salvage so they're just gone and I need to relevel one until I go back and kill them. But leveling a new characters means I need to try to avoid the ridiculous haters on lower floors again.
Yeah, I just got to floor 25 (and died), it seems like the game balance becomes worse on the 2nd half of the tower.

And yeah it does really sucks when you get attacked by really high level haters who have the crazy strong equipment you most likely don't have access to just yet...

Riposte

Weapons, I won't disagree. Armor, the stat benefits don't upgrade alongside the armor stats, so for build purposes they don't really compare generally.

I'm looking at armor stats and I don't see what you mean. It's generally around the same ballpark and I'm finding that most gear upgraded to ** have better base defense than gear that begins at **. However, I should say upgrading gear requires a lot more grinding.

Yeah, but on the other hand, I kind of like the ridiculous haters. It's what separates a plain grind to one that can suddenly become a horror show if you are not careful. However, I imagine it's only going to get worse as levels get higher (eating at least one gold animal so you can equip a higher level weapon is pretty much mandatory for lvl 75+). At least at this point, you have mushrooms that can deal with them (especially if you are getting a bunch from expeditions). Brainshroom is instant win.

EDIT: This is the game showing its F2P nature I guess. We are suppose to buy death metals and convert them to money or use them as credits so we don't die in the first place.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Fists take SO long to level holy shit.

First level 50 done. Defender is fantastic. Gonna try and push on above F13 tomorrow. Of course, Jackals are going to make shit really really difficult...

Got the Jungle Machets BP after hearing a lot about it.

Worth it to use all available materials to upgrade it as much possible over the Iron Hammer? My hammer is level 18 and wrecking so sad to put it down. Machete looks awesome though and has great moveset.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Worth it to use all available materials to upgrade it as much possible over the Iron Hammer? My hammer is level 18 and wrecking so sad to put it down. Machete looks awesome though and has great moveset.

Get Hammer to 20. Once you do that, you can start leveling Machete. Having Hammer at 20 means you can use it to take down the high level Haters you run into (or if you get overwhelmed).

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

Upgraded crafted Hammers with level 20 mastery are the best
9K5gUWF.gif

D i Z

She doesn't trade premium decals for skill mushrooms. She has a selection that you can't buy for kill coins. (But you can get premium versions with stew) They cost different amounts, 2-4 mushrooms, some for bronze, silver or gold. Just visit her, you can look at her selection and see prices after you find your first skill mushroom.

Ah. I see it now. Thanks.

Demoskinos

Maintenance tomorrow night/afternoon depending on where you are. Any chance we get another patch or they finally add 30-Day Express Passes?

Syysch

Im actually kinda dreading it. I just hit the 20s and you need a boss metal for every tier 3 blueprint, its gonna be nuts.

I'm in the process of swapping all my tier 3 characters out for tier 4s, I just farm those golden chests for the green/black metal drops to level the new characters up. It lessens the grind a bit by doing 2 things at once.

Baliis

I'm in the process of swapping all my tier 3 characters out for tier 4s, I just farm those golden chests for the green/black metal drops to level the new characters up. It lessens the grind a bit by doing 2 things at once.

I was trying to push up to get tier 4 fighters tonight, got past Goto without too much trouble, got rolled at the start of the next floor by like 6 screamers at once lmao. RIP like 65k salvage cost.

I'll be honest this game really grew on me. Alot of why is learning the game, I didnt know about the brutal kills, cleaver weapons available, and just the sheer personality that stays with the game the father you get. It's not perfect, environments are super cut and paste, but considering the price and what you get here, more then worth it. Like any great game that doesn't force the micro transactions on me, I view it like a tip jar. I threw them a cupple of bucks. Well deserved grasshopper.

GmK

Neo Member
One golden lizard (18,5k XP), one golden Turtle (15,5k XP) and two golden snails (4,5k XP each) take a rank 1 character immediately up to 99.

Never underestimate the quests that give you those!

Top Bottom