• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

What class should I pick first to level?

I was going to go Defender so I can play aggressive.

But if I'm going to use machete and magnum, maybe the one that raises strength and dex?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm going to level my magnum and machete to 20 and wreck everything

Thats the exact spot I was in until... level 23. The game is very good at throwing you off your guard, even if you feel pretty confident. But yeah, at 23, you kinda need something else until you can level your machete again.

Also: Mosquito + Vampire decal is godly. Havent used a healing item in the past 3-4 hours of playing.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
What class should I pick first to level?

I was going to go Defender so I can play aggressive.

But if I'm going to use machete and magnum, maybe the one that raises strength and dex?

I really liked the added health you get from the striker, I used Machete and Magnums as well.

Volcynika

Any recommended approach to take for the early 20s? My weapons aren't measuring up well in terms of damage, so I need to start making some new stuff. Machete is helping, but it is only going so far.

Toma

Any recommended approach to take for the early 20s? My weapons aren't measuring up well in terms of damage, so I need to start making some new stuff. Machete is helping, but it is only going so far.

The easiest probably is to walk between F21-Kawabe-F23 to farm the golden chest spot in Kawebe for black metal and search for blueprints of new armor/weapons. You can also use those farm runs to level axes, spears and whatnot on the side. The weapons that are dropped in that area are quite effective against the same enemies.

If you have 5ish death metals, it might also be worth it to push through to 25, as that will unlock new characters. The floor 23 boss is quite hard with the maxed grade 2 machete though.

After taking my PS4 on vacation I can't seem to play this anymore. When I try to play it, it sits at the initial loading screen (over an hour now). The PS4 works fine otherwise, Store loads up (albeit very slowly) and Netflix works. I've tried redownloading/installing the game, still doesn't get past the first loading screen. I checked their website FAQ and this issue isn't listed. Anyone else had this problem?

Toma

Holy crap, I just died at a floor with... invisible enemy weapons? Was that a bug or is that actually a thing?

Volcynika

Holy crap, I just died at a floor with... invisible enemy weapons? Was that a bug or is that actually a thing?

Invisible weapons is a bug I've run into only a couple times. My magnum I had suddenly vanished and I was shooting enemies with nothing in my hand. I remember some people saying they fought haters with invisible weapons as well.

You should still pick them up when you find them though. They payout well.

I wish I knew what makes some pay 300 and others 600.
By the way, there was a reddit post that recommended storing all unknown blueprints in the bank, and turn them in one at a time. The theory is that the item the blueprint is for, is rolled on delivery, meaning you don't get duplicates if you turn them in one by one. I'm still skeptical (I think unknown blueprints are fixed on pickup), but I did turn in four unknown blueprints one by one and they all turned out different items.

The problem is that there is no way to know for sure if the theory is correct, because all four blueprints could have had indeed fixed items, just different ones. It's a theory that can only be proven wrong (if someone does this and two blueprints do have the same item, which I guess would make the duplicate blueprint in the bank become revealed even before turning it in). If I didn't lose you with all this explanation, feel free to experiment and report if this does indeed happen to you.

Some of us enjoy the feeling of communal discovery, sharing things we discover with each other, building up a tribal knowledge base.

Also, I normally don't complain about this, but seriously, proofreading is your friend.

He's very likely not English native (much like myself), so cut him some slack.

My favorite little detail is when you do the Goretastic with the Metal Bat (where you hit the Head away), you can actually break boxes should the Head hit them.

Better yet, you can hit and damage enemies behind them. :)

going through my revenge list has also been super helpful for learning to fight against different weapon types.

Word. Haters are much less scary once you get to raid a few times and face strong characters with relatively low penalty for dying.

With Jackals returning, a lot of people will be in for a rude awakening.

This game has been picking up steam while the Jackals were patched out. I feel there will be a significant exodus of players when all of a sudden, they realize their grade 3,4 and 5s disappear when a Jackal gets you.

This is my fear as well. By which I mean it might remove a large part of the fun for me and cause me to move on. :/

So wait, when the jackals kill you, you can't use death meal to rez, but you can pay at the freezer? Isn't that like the opposite of what makes sense in a F2P game?

Volcynika

So wait, when the jackals kill you, you can't use death meal to rez, but you can pay at the freezer? Isn't that like the opposite of what makes sense in a F2P game?

Hm, I guess. Seems like they exist to just solely send you back to the bottom of the tower, to halt your current progress. Unless you can bring one down, of course.

Syysch

So wait, when the jackals kill you, you can't use death meal to rez, but you can pay at the freezer?

Exactly.

Honestly, when they were in before, I only ran into them 3 times, and they only killed me twice, the first being me shooting one from long range before realizing how high level he was because I was far enough away his level wasn't visible. The other got me as I was in the unlocking elevator animation, so I could get right back to where I was at the time.

I'm kind of concerned now about how long it'll take to spawn them, though, because as I'm pushing up floors in the 30s, it's taking a long time, especially when running into the wrong escalators, though I can always haul ass to one to despawn the jackal if necessary.

Azlan

Has anyone had a problem where when they click in the left thumb stick to run their character starts wildly attacking? It doesn't always happen, but has gotten me killed a couple times now, where I can't move and instead start swinging my weapon in the wrong direction when trying to get away.

Trying to figure out if it is a problem with my controller or if I just don't understand some nuance of the controls.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I tested the blueprint thing and it worked out for me. Might as well keep dropping and identifying them one at time until I have all of them!

I had to run from a raid the second time ever, the first was me trying to invade someone a while back as a 2 star lowbie. I forgot to buy spare weapons, and when I was on the train I was hoping they didn't have too many people. I end up against a wave of defenders after my pork chopper and cleaver broke so I definitely wasn't going to kill everyone with my fists in time. Don't forget to stock up on gear when raiding haha.

Never thought I'd say this, but I can't stop playing this game!

Just beat the first boss, I'm officially addicted. Still only have 1-star characters right now, trying to run through it without reading guides or FAQs which is probably why it's taking me so long. But I don't mind! Have only referenced once trying to understand how I can get more Express Passes (which apparently you can't earn or buy right now..?)

Wonder what today's maintenance will bring. Storefront, c'mon now :-D

Toma

Never thought I'd say this, but I can't stop playing this game!

Just beat the first boss, I'm officially addicted. Still only have 1-star characters right now, trying to run through it without reading guides or FAQs which is probably why it's taking me so long. But I don't mind! Have only referenced once trying to understand how I can get more Express Passes (which apparently you can't earn or buy right now..?)

Wonder what today's maintenance will bring. Storefront, c'mon now :-D

This is me about 110 ingame hours ago.
... yeah, this game has its hooks in me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What's the blueprint thing?

Just drop blueprints and only have one in your inventory when you ID them. After you ID the one you're holding, pick up one off the ground and ID iT. Something about the system as it works is supposed to make it such that you won't get a duplicate BP until you've exhausted all options.

Just drop blueprints and only have one in your inventory when you ID them. After you ID the one you're holding, pick up one off the ground and ID iT. Something about the system as it works is supposed to make it such that you won't get a duplicate BP until you've exhausted all options.

Fuck, this would've been handy a few days ago. Had 6 blueprints and 4 of them were pitching machine.

Has anyone had a problem where when they click in the left thumb stick to run their character starts wildly attacking? It doesn't always happen, but has gotten me killed a couple times now, where I can't move and instead start swinging my weapon in the wrong direction when trying to get away.

Trying to figure out if it is a problem with my controller or if I just don't understand some nuance of the controls.

Never had anything of the sort happen to me, I'm afraid a faulty controller might be the issue. I have a PS3 controller that will randomly start spamming D-pad directions, and at first it seemed to trigger precisely when clicking L3 (now it does it all the time). Sony controllers are delicate like that. :/

Azlan

Never had anything of the sort happen to me, I'm afraid a faulty controller might be the issue. I have a PS3 controller that will randomly start spamming D-pad directions, and at first it seemed to trigger precisely when clicking L3 (now it does it all the time). Sony controllers are delicate like that. :/

Thanks for the input. I was afraid that was the case. Bah. I haven't even used the controller all that much. Guess I am in the market for a new one, because I am certainly not going to stop playing Let It Die. Are all of the new models/color schemes the same build, or is there any certain one that is more reliable?

Navid

Is there any point in keeping any of these various Blue Metal crafting components... I don't think I've seen anything that uses any of them?

Everything wants Green Metal and so on...

Thanks for the input. I was afraid that was the case. Bah. I haven't even used the controller all that much. Guess I am in the market for a new one, because I am certainly not going to stop playing Let It Die. Are all of the new models/color schemes the same build, or is there any certain one that is more reliable?

I have no clue. See if you can either return the controller or send it to Sony for repairs, those aren't cheap. :S

In the meantime, do you have a Vita? You can use remote play to use it as a controller in an emergency. It's not the most confortable thing ever, but it works (I played a few floors from the bed once). They had the good thinking of swapping the L3 and R3 virtual buttons on the screen, so you can actually run (it would be nearly impossible if the run button was on the left side).

D i Z

Is there any point in keeping any of these various Blue Metal crafting components... I don't think I've seen anything that uses any of them?

Good question. One that I've been tossing around in my head every time I have to drag a couple out of my storage to make room.

Baliis

You can probably chuck them if you aren't gonna use um, the blue stuff is only for tier 1 items, green dot tier 2

You can probably chuck them if you aren't gonna use um, the blue stuff is only for tier 1 items, green dot tier 2
You'll need blue metal for the nail gun, as well as the 3 star version of the machete. I remember using it on some armor too.

Remember once you get a blueprint to +4, you can upgrade it to the next tier. Might want to use that metal if there is something you like using, and want the better versions later.

Burnburn

Looking at the official twitter, it seems like there's going to be an announcement today about the game being released in more countries. The game is already up in Finland and Norway now

Top Bottom