• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Mr Croft

Hmm something is right in our war. I can no longer hit people in Louisiana who we are at war with anymore. It keeps auto sending me to the same guy in California.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
FINALLY found the MILK black metal to make the next weapon tier. Took me 10 runs to the golden chest on floor 22.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Also, I know its kinda weird to ask after 125 hours, but what is the "good" number on equipment? + oder - ? Never bothered to check if its "plus protection" or "minus enemy damage".

Toma

This game's getting a little shitty here at floor 23. Too much one-shotting.

Helps a lot to push through to 25 with 5 Death Metals or so and get the grade 4 characters. 3300 HP instead of 1200 makes a huge difference.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
So I looked up a video of what it's like fighting the jackals. LMFAO NOPE. My hammers wouldn't make a single scratch.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I looked up a video of what it's like fighting the jackals. LMFAO NOPE. My hammers wouldn't make a single scratch.

Yeah unless you've got a max level character with max gear, it's best to just avoid them right now. Even then, I'd be afraid to go against one of them. Death requires coins to collect your body...That's a lot of coins.

Yeah unless you've got a max level character with max gear, it's best to just avoid them right now. Even then, I'd be afraid to go against one of them. Death requires coins to collect your body...That's a lot of coins.

Can't ya just fight them on floor 1?

Would only be 5000.

Helps a lot to push through to 25 with 5 Death Metals or so and get the grade 4 characters. 3300 HP instead of 1200 makes a huge difference.

Yep, this is what I did yesterday. Still can't damage shit because I don't have any 3-star weapon blueprints though. I have some Black War Ensemble metal so I'll probably get the machete up to 3-stars just to have something that does damage.

On a similar note, once you hit higher floors do treasure rooms stop having gold chests? Was gathering materials from 11-20 and every treasure room had a red chest, didn't see a single gold one. None of them activated either.

Toma

Yep, this is what I did yesterday. Still can't damage shit because I don't have any 3-star weapon blueprints though. I have some Black War Ensemble metal so I'll probably get the machete up to 3-stars just to have something that does damage.

On a similar note, once you hit higher floors do treasure rooms stop having gold chests? Was gathering materials from 11-20 and every treasure room had a red chest, didn't see a single gold one. None of them activated either.

You cant get the machete up to grade 3 with black resources, you need red metal. I went for the cleaver saber for now to push through the next few levels by farming that golden chest on Kawabe (F22). Still pondering if I should level it more or just push through again.
I farmed F21-23 with fists only (level 20) and the weapons that dropped on those floors, so that wasnt much of an issue if you pay enough attention.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Anyone know what the reward is for beating a jackal? Also been raiding a shit ton of people before maintenance. Dudes are slippin, get 3-6K per run and more than half the people i've invaded have no guards. Not that it matters since I keep one shotting them. >:)

Very interesting....This makes fighting Jackals a LOT less scary.

Sure, but they're still scary. Don't spend too much time in a single area, especially small areas like the ones that have Shops. I remember in one particularly small area somewhere in the teens (I remember it had a lot of snails and a hater behind a gate), they spawned in 4 minutes flat. I checked the timer in the loading screen to be sure.

Anyone know what the reward is for beating a jackal? Also been raiding a shit ton of people before maintenance. Dudes are slippin, get 3-6K per run and more than half the people i've invaded have no guards. Not that it matters since I keep one shotting them. >:)

The rewards you get for successful defenses are shit compared to sending your folks out on expeditions.

Three star machete needs blue and red metal. Gotta find something else to use until you get to floor 30.

There are trap rooms with gold chests, but they aren't common. They can also vanish depending on if the tower configuration adds a third escalator.

Try Nokijiri, Chitose-mei, and...the room below Daida that isn't Tata. Temo-uma? Can't remember the name. But make sure they only have two escalator connections. When they have three, the third escalator uses up the trap room.

There is also 11f Goto-9 and 16f Jin-Die for green candle wolf and war ensemble metals.

Mh, with the game out in Belgium, I tried purchasing some Death Metals, but they don't appear ingame...
And in my licenses, I see the line saying I have the DMs, but there's no game title and no icon...

I'll wait until the maintenance is done first, then try again. I hope it fixes it...otherwise I may need to delete the game and re-dl from my own store instead of using the US game with my EU account.

Trying to access the game store from the game itself results in an error also.

Wait when's the maintenance in EST today?

5 minutes

Three star machete needs blue and red metal. Gotta find something else to use until you get to floor 30.

There are trap rooms with gold chests, but they aren't common. They can also vanish depending on if the tower configuration adds a third escalator.

Try Nokijiri, Chitose-mei, and...the room below Daida that isn't Tata. Temo-uma? Can't remember the name. But make sure they only have two escalator connections. When they have three, the third escalator uses up the trap room.

There is also 11f Goto-9 and 16f Jin-Die for green candle wolf and war ensemble metals.

Damn, I need Black for most of my blueprints. I guess I'll try to knock out a couple of quests when the maintenance is back up

Mh, with the game out in Belgium, I tried purchasing some Death Metals, but they don't appear ingame...
And in my licenses, I see the line saying I have the DMs, but there's no game title and no icon...

I'll wait until the maintenance is done first, then try again. I hope it fixes it...otherwise I may need to delete the game and re-dl from my own store instead of using the US game with my EU account.

Trying to access the game store from the game itself results in an error also.

Please let us know how it goes, i'm curious about this.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I hope they change the pace at which players move while consuming an item and reloading a weapon. They need to also get rid of the brief pause of movement when swapping between weapons. Also premature reloading is extremely hard to do since the attack button is the same as the one for reloading. Annoying!

I hope they change the pace at which players move while consuming an item and reloading a weapon. They need to also get rid of the brief pause of movement when swapping between weapons.

Eh, all of these serve very clear balance purposes. Let's not confuse what's convenient for the player with what is good design for the game.

Also premature reloading is extremely hard to do since the attack button is the same as the one for reloading. Annoying!

If you hold X and press the attack button, it only fires a shot if you were already firing, or if the weapon was full.

hyp

if anyone cares, i just upgraded to a PS4 Pro and noticed faster load times, less jagggies, rock-solid 60FPS (even during Rage/Goretastics), and way less texture loading. game runs a lot better overall.

Damn, I need Black for most of my blueprints. I guess I'll try to knock out a couple of quests when the maintenance is back up

If you need black, there is a gold chest trap room on 22f Kawabe. Sometimes drops green, or blueprints or other trash, but definitely has black metals.

23f Goto-9 has black candle wolf too. Don't know if there are other bosses further up, haven't been much past 25.

D i Z

damn got a message before logging out looks like Cali is going to war with texas. Guess thats another 24 hrs i wont be able to raid :/

Looking at the map we're going to be in it every couple of days from here on out. Raiding time might start to become more of a priority in between wars.

Allonym

Eh, all of these serve very clear balance purposes. Let's not confuse what's convenient for the player with what is good design for the game.

What balancing purpose does it serve when I have to slow down and swap a weapon? Enemies in the game have limitless stamina and are aggressive across crazy distances. I think it'd be better balanced if you could swap a weapon without stopping your sprint. There's no confusion here.

What balancing purpose does it serve when I have to slow down and swap a weapon? Enemies in the game have limitless stamina and are aggressive across crazy distances. I think it'd be better balanced if you could swap a weapon without stopping your sprint. There's no confusion here.
It makes swapping a weapon mid combat dangerous, by slowing your movement. The design forces the player to have to choose when they switch their weapons more carefully.

Just because something is difficult or precise doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad system.

Darknight

I dont think anyone here answered my Q on the teams/country you chose.

Does it really matter? Is GAF part of a specific one or everyone just chose their state?

Maint is extended by 2 hours.

Gah, why did I use my free express day pass on maintenance day?

Does it really matter? Is GAF part of a specific one or everyone just chose their state?
I just chose my home state, which for better or worse, happens to be team California. That was launch day though, when I actually thought teams might have reasonable balance...

Allonym

It makes swapping a weapon mid combat dangerous, by slowing your movement. The design forces the player to have to choose when they switch their weapons more carefully.

Just because something is difficult or precise doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad system.
I'm not complaining about difficulty. I think it's a means of artificially inflating difficulty. If you feel like the gameplay systems are immaculate, that's great, I don't share the same opinion as you.

I keep getting haters from people I know. By design right?

I'm not complaining about difficulty. I think it's a means of artificially inflating difficulty. If you feel like the gameplay systems are immaculate, that's great, I don't share the same opinion as you.

The game is more than fair. Imagine if you could buy Death Medals in a Souls game. I agree with Teasing there should be a penalty for swapping a weapon mid combo

The system is fucked right now. You're either part of team California or you're one of their victims. I guess it's worth joining for the occasional win? Then again that makes you part of the problem

Top Bottom