• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Unless you're level 100+ with crazy good gear and shrooms for days, I would continue to treat the alarm like you did.

Whoa!

I am NOT looking forward to this moment when I see a Jackal for the first time. I'm having a blast in the lower levels still, working my way up slowly but surely ;-)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Whoa!

I am NOT looking forward to this moment when I see a Jackal for the first time. I'm having a blast in the lower levels still, working my way up slowly but surely ;-)
You should be, because the moment when you see a Jackal for the first time is totally rad

Last one.
Options and back to Titel saves and doesn't let you die.

All three, actually. You can close the game and as long as you're in the hall or arcade your character won't die. The game will nag you about it though, Animal Crossing style. :)

More importantly, this also applies to patches, so if you put your PS4 on standby with your character in the hall, and there was a patch after that, the game will restart to the main menu but your character will be fine. This is quite important for me since I leave my PS4 on standby with the game on all the time.

Uthred

The mini-boss on 34 is rough, literally every attack one-shotting my maxed 4* attacker. Feels like I'll need to farm a load of shrooms to cheese it (which I wish I'd accepted before burning DM's in impotent frustration)

No not yet, just beaten Coen and unlocked a new floor though so should allow me soon I guess!

Oh thats right, it won't unlock until you reach the 4th floor! Sounds like you've already done that. If you have any questions about TDM, feel free to ask. Just don't stare at Tetsuo's eyes for too long, trust me.

Thanks to whoever mentioned the golden snail room is back. I sent 5 fighters on expedition to the room with the snails. The brought back 5 golden snails. Just sent them all back again I hope they bring me more.

Please let us know, i want to switch versions so i can access the PS Store. But having to start all over again... I kinda dont wanna do that.

I couldn't tell you yet...I'm at 28.5/48.5 Go in the download, I can launch the game but it's stuck at "Preparing....please wait and try later. 38%" so I can't even go into the Waiting Room.

11 hours left to download...but from what I can see, my ID seems the same as on the US version so I think it'll be fine for the characters at least.

Just tried it. Characters work but not the store. Fuck.

D i Z

*Finds Nail guns and blue prints for days on end*

"Pfft. Never gonna use this"

*Uses upgraded Nail gun*

"Oooooohhhh damn! This thing shreds!"

Thanks to whoever mentioned the golden snail room is back. I sent 5 fighters on expedition to the room with the snails. The brought back 5 golden snails. Just sent them all back again I hope they bring me more.

Could you explain this a little bit more?

First off, how do you send fighters on expedition to specific floors?

Could you explain this a little bit more?

First off, how do you send fighters on expedition to specific floors?

When you select expedition find someone on Osuka I think it's called. I just keep backing out and refreshing. After two one hours expoditions I have 9 golden snails brought back by my fighters.

cakely

Heh, this game is ... stingy when it comes to trophies. My first one
Max Sharp
just popped.

Also I just unlocked the tier two fighters and it's no fun meeting a level 35 hater when your fighter is still level 1..

Baliis

Heh, this game is ... stingy when it comes to trophies. My first one
Max Sharp
just popped.

Also I just unlocked the tier two fighters and it's no fun meeting a level 35 hater when your fighter is still level 1..

That's not even max level for tier 2, but get used to it, that'll happen every new tier. It's not as bad as it seems though since you level pretty quick and as long as you keep your gear up to date you can challenge a hater from the tier above you no problem.

When you select expedition find someone on Osuka I think it's called. I just keep backing out and refreshing. After two one hours expoditions I have 9 golden snails brought back by my fighters.

Oh shit, I'm about to load my game up and send my team of 9 on some 24 hour expeditions.

Edit: You can send your whole team after the same guy apparently, lol

DigSCCP

FUCK, THE HYPE IS REAL !
I was one of those that first time that saw Let it Die was at #LillyBergamoTeam.
Title was announced as a F2P and then I was like meh.
But days after the launch and seeing this thread always being on top around here got my curiosity.
And thank you very much Neogaf !
Especially those that yesterday gave me some tips before I start.
Easily the biggest surprise of the year for me !
I spent the whole day playing today and I´m fucking addicted !

FUCK, THE HYPE IS REAL !
I was one of those that first time that saw Let it Die was at #LillyBergamoTeam.
Title was announced as a F2P and then I was like meh.
But days after the launch and seeing this thread always being on top around here got my curiosity.
And thank you very much Neogaf !
Especially those that yesterday gave me some tips before I start.
Easily the biggest surprise of the year for me !
I spent the whole day playing today and I´m fucking addicted !

Biggest surprise of the year. I really thought this game was gonna be wet garbage but it's amazing. Haven't had a game sink its hooks into me this hard in a while.

DigSCCP

Ok so before I start again tomorrow I still have some doubts, if anyone can help thank you very much !

1) Are those chars upgrades ( HP, STM, DEX, etc ) caped at 5 or is it based on what floor you reached ? I´m asking cuz today I played until 4th floor and already have all of them 5/5.

2) The only way to buy weapons is finding their blueprints ?

3) This is gonna sound stupidy but anyway : how bad dying is ? I ask this cuz I´ve playing so far with the same charatchter since I started ( the one after the tutorials ) and so far I´ve died only one time, at what I believe is a mini boss, and the game gave me a "free first restart" and based on what people told me yesterday I should not spent money reviving my char.

4) Can I put a char at the refrigerator and grind a lil bit with another one just to have a Plan B in case my oficial one got killed ?

5) What´s that 5k mushroom thing that the crazy lady sells ?

6) How do I unlock more of those tatoo bonus spaces ? I already bought 3 but can only use one.

7) Does it matter what "clan" I choose to defend ?

8) How does the PvP affects my char on my campaign ? If I loose it on PvP it´s gone for the campaign too?

Sorry for the wall text of questions lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ok so before I start again tomorrow I still have some doubts, if anyone can help thank you very much !

1) Are those chars upgrades ( HP, STM, DEX, etc ) caped at 5 or is it based on what floor you reached ? I´m asking cuz today I played until 4th floor and already have all of them 5/5.
That's a Grade 1 character. I won't get into too much detail but rather just leave it at that for now- there's much more to it.
2) The only way to buy weapons is finding their blueprints ?
correct
3) This is gonna sound stupidy but anyway : how bad dying is ? I ask this cuz I´ve playing so far with the same charatchter since I started ( the one after the tutorials ) and so far I´ve died only one time, at what I believe is a mini boss, and the game gave me a "free first restart" and based on what people told me yesterday I should not spent money reviving my char.
There are three ways to retrieve a dead character:

1) Death metals, the premium currency, brings you back right on the spot- don't do this often. Only in very necessary circumstances (you'll come to understand when it's worth it, but say in the middle of a boss fight you know you can win)
2) Buy them back from the freezer with Kill Coins- including all their items. Do this often, at least early on, when it's not that expensive. The higher you go the more it will cost. If you need the items they had on them, this is worth it.
3) Go to the floor they have become a hater on (typically the floor you died on, but you can check on the freezer page) and kill them. You'll retrieve them for free, but naked with no items.
4) Can I put a char at the refrigerator and grind a lil bit with another one just to have a Plan B in case my oficial one got killed ?
Yes, do this. You'll want multiple characters throughout the game, and freezer slots (though you can expand the number you have with upgrades) are limited.
5) What´s that 5k mushroom thing that the crazy lady sells ?
50k, it gets you a random permanent decal you won't lose on death.
6) How do I unlock more of those tatoo bonus spaces ? I already bought 3 but can only use one.
This has to do with the Grade and class of your characters.
7) Does it matter what "clan" I choose to defend ?
It will affect how much raiding you get into and how likely you are to be in a "war," but not really worth worrying about for now.
8) How does the PvP affects my char on my campaign ? If I loose it on PvP it´s gone for the campaign too?
There isn't really a "campaign" separate from Tokyo Death Metro, it's all just part of the game. If your base is raided you will lose currency (Kill Coins and SPLithium). If you fail at raiding your character is not killed however.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
They're not killed in the sense that you don't have to revive them. They do lose their entire inventory, though, with no way of getting it back.
Oh man.

Having done most or possibly all of my raiding naked I actually never realized that :X

Do recommend.

Does anyone have a simple guide for rage moves? I don't really understand how they work

When you have enough "super meter" (the number in a square to the right of your health), hold Triangle, then press L2 or R2. While holding Triangle, your arms will individually glow blue showing that you can (or can't, if they don't glow) use the corresponding rage move.

Some weapons' rage moves require two meters. The number of meters each weapon uses is also in a small green square to the top left of each weapon's selection square.

Additionally, some rage moves actually destroy the weapon. These include the fireworks launcher, and I believe the sniper rifle.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
heh. um.

Jackal alarm, activated the elevator and picked waiting room. She ran over and is just bodyblocking me as my character is in the animation to move into the elevator. We are just running into each other. I have no control.
C0PpeQKVQAAjVSe.jpg:large
This is pretty goddamn lame, lol...

edit: I just let them go at it and after 3 minutes she moved and I got on. Weird stuff.

TheBear

When you have enough "super meter" (the number in a square to the right of your health), hold Triangle, then press L2 or R2. While holding Triangle, your arms will individually glow blue showing that you can (or can't, if they don't glow) use the corresponding rage move.

Some weapons' rage moves require two meters. The number of meters each weapon uses is also in a small green square to the top left of each weapon's selection square.

Additionally, some rage moves actually destroy the weapon. These include the fireworks launcher, and I believe the sniper rifle.

Ok so I haven't been using the triangle button but occasionally the screen will turn blue or something and I hold triangle and can give enemies a back breaker or something. Is that a different rage move to what you are talking about? How is it activating in this case?

Xux

Ok so I haven't been using the triangle button but occasionally the screen will turn blue or something and I hold triangle and can give enemies a back breaker or something. Is that a different rage move to what you are talking about? How is it activating in this case?
That's a Goretastic; it's like a finisher when they're stun (the sweat drops) is high enough.

TheBear

That's a Goretastic; it's like a finisher when they're stun (the sweat drops) is high enough.

Ok that makes sense. Is it tied to rage moves at all or is it a different system? I constantly miss the inputs because it activates right in the middle of a combo just as I'm about to kill them.

Syysch

Yeah, the rage attacks are a separate thing, though they use the same button. You can activate rage attacks at any time, as long as you have enough rage meter.

This is how much rage you have:

And the numbers down here are how much rage it takes to activate a rage attack with a given weapon:

Endo Punk

How come certain gear you can't use despite meeting the requirements? Neither my male or female character can wear a vest for example.

Top Bottom