• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

D i Z

My fighter is looking kind of freaky on the ride to raid right now. The red rage mist from the team boost is obvious, but I'm not sure what bonuses the ghoulish standing during the ride should signify. Beside going to wreck shit up, I mean.

Baliis

My fighter is looking kind of freaky on the ride to raid right now. The red rage mist from the team boost is obvious, but I'm not sure what bonuses the ghoulish standing during the ride should signify. Beside going to wreck shit up, I mean.

All I know is I've made like 100k SPL already tonight.

Cajun

Neo Member
The grind in the 20s is getting a bit tedious. Running from 21F, to 22F Kawabe for the golden chest, then ending at 23F boss for Black metal is draining. Is the cleaver saber really the best blueprint melee weapon pre-30s? I have it at +3 at the moment and the 26F boss
es
didn't give me a ton of confidence in my damage output. I shred the 23F boss with stingshrooms, but I'm thinking I need a solid upgrade before confronting 30F. If I get extremely lucky and find mineral oil (I've found steel so it must be possible) I can get the bowling weapon, but I'm not counting on that.

Please let us know, i want to switch versions so i can access the PS Store. But having to start all over again... I kinda dont wanna do that.

Just tried it. Characters work but not the store. Fuck.

So I got into my game now. My findings:

- Characters are OK.
- Access to in-game store gives me the error that It cannot retrieve items at this time.
- Death Metals purchased from the PSN store outside of the game have been added to my account!

So I'll just ask Uncle Death about the ingame store issue, but because the DMs I bought are available now, I'm not complaining too much :)

Lork

What's up with the weird ominous music and my character standing up in a "ready" pose in the TDM loading screens? I don't think that was happening before.

Demoskinos

The grind in the 20s is getting a bit tedious. Running from 21F, to 22F Kawabe for the golden chest, then ending at 23F boss for Black metal is draining. Is the cleaver saber really the best blueprint melee weapon pre-30s? I have it at +3 at the moment and the 26F boss
es
didn't give me a ton of confidence in my damage output. I shred the 23F boss with stingshrooms, but I'm thinking I need a solid upgrade before confronting 30F. If I get extremely lucky and find mineral oil (I've found steel so it must be possible) I can get the bowling weapon, but I'm not counting on that.

Yeah my progress has slowed a ton as well. In the same position trying to get gear I'm confident enough in to push to 30.

derFeef

Seems like a good day to start this game? ;)

Holiday Bloodbath 2016-2017

Tis the season to LET IT DIE!

From 12/24/2016 – 1/3/2017, we’ll be holding a very special holiday event!

http://letitdiethegame.com/news#/630/

Be sure to log in every day, because we’ve got Captain Yotsuyama and Commodore Suzuki both playing Santa in the Tower of Barbs. On top of that, Tetsuo has also joined in the fun with an expanded TDM Raid campaign (continuing until 1/28)!

Daily Gifts:
12/24: Tryptamine D & D.O.D. ARMS Green Metal
12/25: Death Metal & MDF
12/26: Solo Shelter & Scratch Metal
12/27: Barbmeat Half Portion & Wire Mountain
12/28: 1-Day Express Pass & Rare Metal
12/29: Tryptamine D & Piece of Broken Copperware
12/30: Solo Shelter & Bone Metal
12/31: Barbmeat Half Portion & Hemp
1/1: Death Metal & War Ensemble Green Metal
1/2: 1-Day Express Pass & Vegetable Oil
1/3: Tryptamine D & Hovering Metal

*Toyko Death Metro Raid Fest: Naughty, not Nice*
12/3 – 1/28

This expanded event update will require more raids, but the Yotsuyama Group is prepared to offer even better weekly prizes. This time around, the higher-tier prizes will feature Skill Decals. If you are able to equip both at once, these can mean the difference between life and death. And these aren’t just helpful for your active, attacking Fighters. Decals can also be placed on Defenders in your Waiting Room.

400,000 Raids:
5,000 Kill Coins
5,000 SPLithium

600,000 Raids:
10,000 Kill Coins
10,000 SPLithium

800,000 Raids:
10,000 Kill Coins
10,000 SPLithium
Skill Decal: Bull

1,000,000 Raids:
10,000 Kill Coins
10,000 SPLithium
Skill Decal: Bull
Skill Decal: Living on the Edge

Skill Decals:
Bull: When your fighter’s HP is below 15%, attack and defense increases by 30%
Living on the Edge: When taking fatal damage, your fighter will survive with 1 HP

http://letitdiethegame.com/news#/630/bloody-holiday-fest-2016-2017

delSai

UP and Log In Rewards seem to get worse everyday lol, i got a Blueprint (first shown as ???) but then turned out to be Fireworks Launcher, which i already have + a Toughshroom. Yay.

So I got into my game now. My findings:

- Characters are OK.
- Access to in-game store gives me the error that It cannot retrieve items at this time.
- Death Metals purchased from the PSN store outside of the game have been added to my account!

So I'll just ask Uncle Death about the ingame store issue, but because the DMs I bought are available now, I'm not complaining too much :)

Thanks for reporting back! I'll re-download this game then.

TDM event starting on 24th:
http://letitdiethegame.com/news#/630/bloody-holiday-fest-2016-2017

Daily Gifts:
12/24: Tryptamine D & D.O.D. ARMS Green Metal
12/25: Death Metal & MDF
12/26: Solo Shelter & Scratch Metal
12/27: Barbmeat Half Portion & Wire Mountain
12/28: 1-Day Express Pass & Rare Metal
12/29: Tryptamine D & Piece of Broken Copperware
12/30: Solo Shelter & Bone Metal
12/31: Barbmeat Half Portion & Hemp
1/1: Death Metal & War Ensemble Green Metal
1/2: 1-Day Express Pass & Vegetable Oil
1/3: Tryptamine D & Hovering Metal

Those free Tryptamines! :O

Ricker

Man that whole Boss fight on floor 10...I mean its cool and all but by the time I reached the Boss,I was half health with no more heals...I doubt the healing helps anyway with that lazy animation.It was my first time seeing it though so now that I know whats coming...got 9 Death Metals,guess I will use a few lol...this is what I call a F2P fight ;)

delSai

Man that whole Boss fight on floor 10...I mean its cool and all but by the time I reached the Boss,I was half health with no more heals...I doubt the healing helps anyway with that lazy animation.It was my first time seeing it though so now that I know whats coming...got 9 Death Metals,guess I will use a few lol...this is what I call a F2P fight ;)

I wouldnt waste the DMs on Max, just not worth it imo.

Ricker

I wouldnt waste the DMs on Max, just not worth it imo.

Yeah but maybe a few...It would prevent me from running through that first part each time...whats his name in the waiting Room(Meijin) gives a good tip,I will try and align myself for that without getting hit myself lol...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Goto-9 on F11 drops a rare green mat. Can't remember which, but man is that an easy run. What does Max drop? I may do F10-F11 clears to level some stuff up. I apparently have some 40 scratch metal, so I need some MDF to level up my Machette BP.

Also, does changing the time of an expedition make a difference?

Yeah but maybe a few...It would prevent me from running through that first part each time...whats his name in the waiting Room(Meijin) gives a good tip,I will try and align myself for that without getting hit myself lol...

Uh..Uh...Yeah, I can talk. I can beat this guy with my eyes closed.

Here's a tip.

Don't lock on to Max - you move slower when locked on and it makes quick dodging harder. Also, try and combo him into the electric fence to get a few seconds of uninhibited bashing.

for those "i know this is going to be a boss" phases prettymuch fill your inventory with healing items, toughshrooms & boomshrooms before heading there :D

Yeah the rewards from Captain Yotsuyama are great! The ones from Commodore Suzuki (wasn't it with a K ingame?) not so much if it's only 1 of each material...though I welcome the MDF and Wire Mountain 'cause I need them right now

In any case I'll be logging in all days for sure, free stuff is always good.

huudis

Neo Member
I was so hyped about this game... Now I'm just disappointed how the death medals work... They give you basicly unlimited lives and continues and kill coins. The fact that dying above floor 25 cost you nearly 90k kill coins is just absurd. I feel so bad for promoting this game to my friends.

Not sure if I should just uninstall the game and come back later to see if anything changed? ppl in here who fight with the same question?

Volcynika

I was so hyped about this game... Now I'm just disappointed how the death medals work... They give you basicly unlimited lives and continues and kill coins. The fact that dying above floor 25 cost you nearly 90k kill coins is just absurd. I feel so bad for promoting this game to my friends.

Not sure if I should just uninstall the game and come back later to see if anything changed? ppl in here who fight with the same question?

You can just go kill the haterfied version and not use nearly as much money to re-outfit the character instead of grinding for all that money.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You can just go kill the haterfied version and not use nearly as much money to re-outfit the character instead of grinding for all that money.

Or run a Lucky character with max luck for coin farming. You can rake in a LOT of coins that way. I've started to level luck first on EVERY character I run since the coin income is super helpful for keeping myself geared.

if you like the game and have spent several hours on it, why not buy a couple deathmetals? :D

Any indication that:

Loading times/network times will be improved?

Mastery level max will be increased or changed it some way where you can get keep grinding it? (like 'prestiging' or something)

Machete will be nerfed?

Volcynika

Any indication that:

Loading times/network times will be improved?

Mastery level max will be increased or changed it some way where you can get keep grinding it? (like 'prestiging' or something)

Machete will be nerfed?

Loading times were on their list of things they're working on.

What's up with the weird ominous music and my character standing up in a "ready" pose in the TDM loading screens? I don't think that was happening before.
I'm guessing the hate is so lopsided that the standing is like a tier 2 effect. Red mist for enough hate to start with 1 rage boost, mist and standing when you start with 2 rage boosts.

Edit: Welp, I'm out of the fight...that was fast. Got matched up with someone with maxed grade 5 fighters and gear. My best grade 4 stuff didn't even visibly move his health bar when hit. The health scaling in this is crazy, exponential doesn't even begin to cover it.

Syysch

es

I honestly thought 30 was easier than it should have been compared to those before, he's got plenty of options to jack you up, but i didn't feel he had nearly the health pool of the others, though he was the only one that i died to. I'd upgrade a few things, focusing on armor and the saber, but it won't be too bad if you've got a few good mushrooms (i forgot to bring some). 31-33 were fairly easy (not much of a difficulty spike yet there compared to what i've read by other people, guys just take a couple more hits), havent tackled any of the bosses up there yet though.

lawnchair

Banned
the wub wub combat music is probably the worst thing about this game

i'm playing in the same room as my gf and i'm legitimately embarrassed

North American full store is up, more regions coming soon

Holy shit at the new things in the PlayStation store. Let It Die has truly become a F2P game.

These bundles are dumb lol $61 gets you 160 medals and the Pork Chopper blueprint

A monthly express pass is only $15 though, so I'm IN.

PlayStation Plus users get a free pack with this in it

4 Death Metals
Express 1 Day Pass: 2
10,000 Kill Coins
10,000 SPLithium
Solo Shelters: 2
(Rest without returning to the Waiting Room.)
Barbmeat Half Portions: 6
(Restore 50% of max HP.)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
North American full store is up, more regions coming soon

Holy shit at the new things in the PlayStation store. Let It Die has truly become a F2P game.

These bundles are dumb lol $61 gets you 160 medals and the Pork Chopper blueprint

A monthly express pass is only $15 though, so I'm IN.

PlayStation Plus users get a free pack with this in it

I'll buy the express pass, but the bundles are kind of a bummer. But I guess people will buy them. It's at least not exclusive stuff that I see.

I'll buy the express pass, but the bundles are kind of a bummer. But I guess people will buy them. It's at least not exclusive stuff that I see.

The 30 death metal for $5 is the only one I'll pick up. I'm assuming the Splatter 13 set isn't exclusive. That's the only thing that's out of my range at this time.

Edit: The official twitter said European regions will have access tomorrow. Wondering if that's just some of them or all of Europe, considering the staggered launch.

The 30 death metal for $5 is the only one I'll pick up. I'm assuming the Splatter 13 set isn't exclusive. That's the only thing that's out of my range at this time.

Edit: The official twitter said European regions will have access tomorrow. Wondering if that's just some of them or all of Europe, considering the staggered launch.
It isn't. I found the splatter 13 chest blueprint a couple days ago. Rare, but not exclusive.

Wish I waited on buying that 10 death metals for $5 pack a while ago, but oh well. Probably will buy an express pass and the 30 dm for $5. Figure that's a good bit to toss the developer's way for the enjoyment I've gotten!

Baliis

I'm guessing the hate is so lopsided that the standing is like a tier 2 effect. Red mist for enough hate to start with 1 rage boost, mist and standing when you start with 2 rage boosts.

Edit: Welp, I'm out of the fight...that was fast. Got matched up with someone with maxed grade 5 fighters and gear. My best grade 4 stuff didn't even visibly move his health bar when hit. The health scaling in this is crazy, exponential doesn't even begin to cover it.

Ouch. I got lucky and only got matched up against one really high rank person that had no defenders. Curbed stomped everyone else. Got like 5500 points last night, hoping it's still going when I get home today. Only sucky thing is I cant choose a high value person lol, at least o have a 2k bonus though instead of 800. Still need like 250 points to get gold though and it's such a pain. Finding the rare 700ish person only gives me like 3 points.

Ouch. I got lucky and only got matched up against one really high rank person that had no defenders. Curbed stomped everyone else. Got like 5500 points last night, hoping it's still going when I get home today. Only sucky thing is I cant choose a high value person lol, at least o have a 2k bonus though instead of 800. Still need like 250 points to get gold though and it's such a pain. Finding the rare 700ish person only gives me like 3 points.
I know your struggle! That tdm grind is too real. Managed to barely get myself into silver, but am having a hard time keeping it. Everyone I can fight gives me single digits, and the inevitable loss is -45.

Guess the only way is to spend all your time raiding.

While it's efficient to let haters kill other enemies around them before you take them on. Just remember that they get rage out of it.

Got annihilated by a grenade launcher shot lol. I saw the blue aura but it was too late to get out of the way

Are either of the weapon blueprints for sale on PSN, the AR or steel axe, any good? I plan to buy the $5 DM pack but I'm fine spending a little more to support the Devs.

Vic_Viper

Is there a good wiki yet for this game showing the weapons and armor with location and required mats?

Any chance some of the psn store items will go on sale this holiday season or is it too soon? There's a free starter pack for PS+ users which is pretty nice.

Are either of the weapon blueprints for sale on PSN, the AR or steel axe, any good? I plan to buy the $5 DM pack but I'm fine spending a little more to support the Devs.
They are both pretty common to find ingame. I wouldn't buy either really. Kinda surprised they didn't go with rarer blueprints for those packs.

I'd buy the express pass if you wanted to support them a bit more. Free elevator rides and some nice decals (especially the weapon mastery boost decal, get those fists up!) are a nice bonus.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
One time offer of 30 DM for $5 is a nice way to give them money if you want.

Also, yeah - the express pass is clutch. Going to grab that tonight.

I wonder if they'll ever do exclusive sets of armor/weapons for events, maybe after the game launches in Japan?

Imagine a "Rank 1 Assassin" set.

220px-TravisTouchdown.png

GodofWine

If you just stick to what works in the fight with max, you will be fine. I spent 1 DM on him only because I got greedy and thought I could get one extra hit in on him and kill him. Had I just stuck to the plan, I'd have not died.

Top Bottom