• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

jtan

I hate my ps4 :(. I have 40gbs of extra space but it won't let me download the update 😭😭😭

Edit: aaand now it's corrupt after rebuilding database :/.

Phil Fish

Banned
You still won't really encounter them if you don't want to, or
leave your console with you in the tower by accident. They show up (after you unlock their intro) just by hanging around on a floor for too long.

Ah. I don't think I've spent too much time in a floor. I'll keep that in mind.

Because the Jackals disappeared, I thought for a sec that they were some kind of first come first serve bosses where other players would have to wait for them to be revived.

First boot since the patch and the game wasn't launching. Got a bit worried, but a system restart fixed it. Just a heads up if anyone runs into the same issue

Finally got enough red metals to upgrade the katana tonight. Is anyone also getting a music bug? After I kill a boss, the music just goes silent, even when I go back to the waiting room. Strangely enough the shop keeper still plays his jingle and if I go to the radio in the arcade. The only way to fix the silence though is to quit the session and go back in.

I'm so close to finishing but I've been spending tons of time with family recently and haven't touched the game in days. I want to be up on that list for 40th level completion, but family comes first.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Why is everybody happy about those stupid Jackals :p I am very glad I played to floor 26 without them.

Please let us know how it goes, i'm curious about this.

For now I can't use my DMs.
Nothing changed, so I uninstalled the US version and began the download from my own regional store.

If I try to access the store from ingame, it doesn't find anything so I think it's hardcoded in the US release to check on the US store regardless of your own.

Nothing changed, so I uninstalled the US version and began the download from my own regional store.

If I try to access the store from ingame, it doesn't find anything so I think it's hardcoded in the US release to check on the US store regardless of your own.

Yeah that has been a standard in pretty much all PS4 games, US game will try to reach the US store and only the DLC from that store will work.

One exception i've seen is that Destiny' Silver currency works but ingame store doesn't.

You pretty much will need to download your local version to be able to do purchases. (And then hope your character isn't locked to the US version)

Floex

Bah, starting to hit a wall. Around floor twenty and my two mains have died, it's all become a grind to get money and get them back. Shame the game isn't showering me with money like the start. Really liking the game but shit like this is going to stop me soon enough :(

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Bah, starting to hit a wall. Around floor twenty and my two mains have died, it's all become a grind to get money and get them back. Shame the game isn't showering me with money like the start. Really liking the game but shit like this is going to stop me soon enough :(

Grind your fists, they are still pretty effective on F21-23 and grind the golden chest in Kawabe for black metals. You just need new equipment.

Also, do you have a lucky char? They can make a lot quicker progress with earning coins.

bigol

I don't know how are you getting 20 Gb patches. The patch for me is 2,6 GB and the size on HDD has been reduced from 50 GB to 48 GB.

Floex

Grind your fists, they are still pretty effective on F21-23 and grind the golden chest in Kawabe for black metals. You just need new equipment.

Also, do you have a lucky char? They can make a lot quicker progress with earning coins.

No, I don't have a lucky character, just been sticking with collector which may be part of my issue. Ok, ok, time to change things up, thanks for the advice!

Toma

No, I don't have a lucky character, just been sticking with collector which may be part of my issue. Ok, ok, time to change things up, thanks for the advice!

You might want to make a striker a priority then as well. I usually push through with a striker for progress as you make significantly more damage, use the lucky star to grind for money and then use a collector to do material runs.

Toma

I seem to be attacked by level 1 naked hunters a lot, is there a reason people send them out? Seems like a waste.

They still bring goodies, healing items and coins, even if they are defeated.

So I tried turning in 1 blueprint at a time once I hit floor 21.

Came back with 4 new ones...3 were pitching machine.

I had the same thing with longswords.

OK, so there goes that theory. Much like what I expected.

Yea I was waiting until we returned to "RNG is RNG" on that one.

Actually, I think little to no RNG is involved at all. The blueprint right after Coen is almost always the same for me, I have a feeling many blueprints are either fixed or picked from a very limited pool based on location. That they show as ?????? if the item is not known doesn't mean the item itself isn't fixed when they spawn.

Upgraded crafted Hammers with level 20 mastery are the best
9K5gUWF.gif

How are you doing two handed combos? Like it's dual wielding from DS2?

big_z

What weapon type is effective against the floor 23 boss?

I want to try and brute force my way to level 4 characters. Tired of grinding and getting junk.

Farming golden snails, so boring. I still only have grade 3 fighters but i want to stock up so i can get a few level 100 grade 4's right away.

Where are the golden snails hanging out right now?

I want to try and brute force my way to level 4 characters. Tired of grinding and getting junk.

I went at that boss with a two hammers, a machete and an iron. All 2 star, max mastery and they all broke before i was able to kill it, i actually had to give up. Come a little more prepared than i was.

I'm farming Okusa for snails.

EDIT: Nice, looks like they sent out 2 express passes out for the elevator glitches.

Toma

I used some max grade machetes and level 20 fists. Took me 3 death metals to push through that enemy.

I gave up as i just didn't have death metals to burn, i do now and may go back and try to brute force it. Or just farm some black metal's for blueprints first.

I have grade 4 fighters and I've never seen the floor 23 boss.

I went left and the stairs took me to floor 25.

Immediately worked my way back down to an elevator.

Toma

That is... smart.

big_z

I went at that boss with a two hammers, a machete and an iron. All 2 star, max mastery and they all broke before i was able to kill it, i actually had to give up. Come a little more prepared than i was.

I'm farming Okusa for snails.

EDIT: Nice, looks like they sent out 2 express passes out for the elevator glitches.

Ah that's shit, was planning similar but with some shrooms to boost myself and a few to feed the boss so he flips over but it sounds like it's still a nightmare.

That's what I've been hoping for but the layout currently has red locks on everything beyond floor 23.

Volcynika

Tried to find my current room song (Aliph Doepa or something, Requiem for my dream) and no luck on youtube. Womp womp. Soundtrack so gud.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just watched a few Jackal kill videos. It's all the same shit - go invis, use buff shroom, and slash away. I wish the AI would start attacking the blank air wildly since, you know, they're taking thousands of damage from "nothing". Glad there's a way to cheese the fights I guess...But I wish it were more real and less of a joke, haha.

Just watched a few Jackal kill videos. It's all the same shit - go invis, use buff shroom, and slash away. I wish the AI would start attacking the blank air wildly since, you know, they're taking thousands of damage from "nothing". Glad there's a way to cheese the fights I guess...But I wish it were more real and less of a joke, haha.

They really need to improve the AI, not for regular Screamers but perhaps Hunters, Jackals and Defenders. Its just too predicable.

Do you still have your characters in the eu version?

Syysch

Farming golden snails, so boring. I still only have grade 3 fighters but i want to stock up so i can get a few level 100 grade 4's right away.

It's really not that necessary, I'd move on if it's that boring. I take a t4 on floor 1-3, use that exp for initial levels into hp/str, then I'm fit enough to do a 21-23 run to tag that gold chest (black metal much more valuable to have an ample supply of, ~4-6k exp per run), and that's enough total exp to pretty much max hp+str+vit, and you can really do whatever at that point unless the only weapons you use take more dex/stam than your base stats.

Ricker

How come what's his face in the Waiting Room doesnt want to R&D the Apocalyptic hockey stick...? is it because I bought the Bleuprint from the other guy on floor 8 I think...

Also not getting the map/road to the 9th and 10th floor now...everything goes down from the 8th.

Intel_89

PortuGAF, Let It Die can finally be downloaded on the portuguese PSN, I'm pretty sure that I checked yesterday and it still wasn't there.

How come what's his face in the Waiting Room doesnt want to R&D the Apocalyptic hockey stick...? is it because I bought the Bleuprint from the other guy on floor 8 I think...

Also not getting the map/road to the 9th and 10th floor now...everything goes down from the 8th.
Did you bring back the bought blueprint to the waiting room shop?

Top Bottom