• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let It Die |OT| F2P roguelike Dark Souls with a skateboarding skeleton

Kazi

Neo Member
The game has been released in the Nordic Countries. As usual, the Finnish store text is largely gibberish. I don't understand why Sony demands it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Geez. Noted

From videos I've seen, they don't run, they simply stalk you and teleport around. The sword guy hits for at least 10k (the video I saw was for 15k, so it depends on the armor). The yo-yo girl has that long ranged attack, but the gun Jackal...He's the one you should fear the most. Apparently it's a homing bullet. So if he engages you and decides to shoot, you're probably dead.

So yeah, keep away from the Jackals. :3

From videos I've seen, they don't run, they simply stalk you and teleport around. The sword guy hits for at least 10k (the video I saw was for 15k, so it depends on the armor). The yo-yo girl has that long ranged attack, but the gun Jackal...He's the one you should fear the most. Apparently it's a homing bullet. So if he engages you and decides to shoot, you're probably dead.

Yep, can confirm on the gun Jackal. Didn't even get a chance to run.

Phil Fish

Banned
Man the Machete is something else...

Just raided a player with 8 level 50+ chars wearing priest armor and I still destroyed them all.

Where do I get war ensemble red metal? The Machete is waiting for a big fat upgrade and I need that material!

Thats who I saw man. The Daft Punk guy with the light sabre teleported to me when I tried to run. He almost slashed me before I touched the escalator. Its so damn tense.

Syysch

It's a known glitch. I think the only way to fix it to restart from the title screen which means you'll lose your character

Saw someone say hitting L3+X allows you to interact with things so you can open gates and struggle your way to the elevator and make it to the waiting room to quit out there, but I do believe it requires quitting to fix.

Is there a good/reliable list of where to get upgrade mats? The ones I've seen on reddit seem all over the place. Because I'm in the same boat - need to upgrade some BPs that require rare mats that I can't seem to find.
Not that I know of. I've seen the ones you are talking about on reddit, and yeah, not the most helpful. Most of what I know just came the old fashioned way, my own exploration.

dlauv

Is grade 4 the highest?

This is gonna sound stupid but I dont wanna loose my first 4 hours progress lol
I can just close the game when Im inside the fountain where we recover life or I have to return to the arcade store?
Or do I have to press the option button and then back to title?

You can safely quit in the waiting room. I don't know about the arcade. I always exit back to title before quitting, but you could make a new character and experiment for us: close the app while in the waiting room.

DigSCCP

I can just close the game when Im inside the fountain where we recover life or I have to return to the arcade store?

NeoRausch

Last one.
Options and back to Titel saves and doesn't let you die.

D i Z

Just got taken by the Gun Jackal while farming golden snails. I didn't hear the siren, but I did see him teleport. It was over before I could run when he appeared behind me and dropped me point blank. Vicious.
I did get a good look at his suit though. Very stylish.

edit: Also, I do have the option to retrieve my fighter from the fridge. Saw a couple people saying that it wasn't possible because the Jackals take your corpse.

Ricker

Did you bring back the bought blueprint to the waiting room shop?

Yep, its in my inventory still and its not in the list of blueprint I can make so I can buy it after...even if I am missing something,it should tell me but its not there...I left it in my storage for now.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just got taken by the Gun Jackal while farming golden snails. I didn't hear the siren, but I did see him teleport. It was over before I could run when he appeared behind me and dropped me point blank. Vicious.
I did get a good look at his suit though. Very stylish.

edit: Also, I do have the option to retrieve my fighter from the fridge. Saw a couple people saying that it wasn't possible because the Jackals take your corpse.

You can retrieve via coins but can't use a DM. So hopefully you don't die on F39!

Yep, its in my inventory still and its not in the list of blueprint I can make so I can buy it after...even if I am missing something,it should tell me but its not there...I left it in my storage for now.
Weird, usually you bring the purchased blueprint to him, and he adds it to his repertoire.

doodledude

Neo Member
Is there a trick to riding the elevator? Every time I go up to it the doors open and then close, not giving me the option to use it.
I've also maxed out my stats so far and have maxed out at 40000 coins. I can also only get floors 1-3 on the escalators.
I seem to be stuck in a loop!

GodofWine

Anywhere in the waiting room is fine. Go "Back to Title".

The Jackals, there are 2 sirens?? right? is one a 'its coming' warning, and one a 'its here' kinda thing?

D i Z

I know for a fact that it worked last time, I leveled three characters by killing them right on the spot. Maybe they patched it out?

I'm right at the spot so I'll test it again. I shot them earlier and they fell into the fire. The exp was worthless.

Baliis

Is there a trick to riding the elevator? Every time I go up to it the doors open and then close, not giving me the option to use it.
I've also maxed out my stats so far and have maxed out at 40000 coins. I can also only get floors 1-3 on the escalators.

Do you have the game fully installed or is it still downloading?

Do you still have your characters in the eu version?

I couldn't tell you yet...I'm at 28.5/48.5 Go in the download, I can launch the game but it's stuck at "Preparing....please wait and try later. 38%" so I can't even go into the Waiting Room.

11 hours left to download...but from what I can see, my ID seems the same as on the US version so I think it'll be fine for the characters at least.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I uh, you're trying the elevator on the left, right? The ugly, not golden one?

delSai

I couldn't tell you yet...I'm at 28.5/48.5 Go in the download, I can launch the game but it's stuck at "Preparing....please wait and try later. 38%" so I can't even go into the Waiting Room.

11 hours left to download...but from what I can see, my ID seems the same as on the US version so I think it'll be fine for the characters at least.
Please let us know, i want to switch versions so i can access the PS Store. But having to start all over again... I kinda dont wanna do that.

It sounds like you're trying to use the express elevator, not the regular one. You can upgrade your bank via the TDM menu -> waiting room -> buy equipment so you can hold more than 40K Kill Coins, but i wouldn't recommend logging out with more than 10K left or you're inviting raiders. You should be able to pass floor 3 after killing Coen, though there may be an alternative path depending on the towers layout today.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just got naked revenge (after many many tries) against the toughest base I've raided yet. 3 level 50 and one level 74 haters with longswords along with some filler. So incredibly useful for learning to fight against the longsword. Man they were tough. Very satisfying to beat though :)
No didn't realise there was another one! Guess that's why. What does the gold one do then?
That's the express elevator. It costs nothing and comes replete with a cute girl. You can only use it if you have an active express pass though. You'll get some in the mail for login bonuses, and a 30-day one is coming (soon...?) to the cash shop.

doodledude

Neo Member
It sounds like you're trying to use the express elevator, not the regular one. You can upgrade your bank via the TDM menu -> waiting room -> buy equipment so you can hold more than 40K Kill Coins, but i wouldn't recommend logging out with more than 10K left or you're inviting raiders. You should be able to pass floor 3 after killing Coen, though there may be an alternative path depending on the towers layout today.

Thanks but I can't find where to upgrade bank. In options menu while in waiting room I can't see this option. Nothing in DH service except expand storage space. Also tried the shop menu but can't see anything there.

Brunire

Thanks but I can't find where to upgrade bank. In options menu while in waiting room I can't see this option. Nothing in DH service except expand storage space. Also tried the shop menu but can't see anything there.

Have you unlocked the Death Metro yet? It is after you clear level 4 or 5 in the tower. It is where you can raid other players' waiting rooms. You can also upgrade your currency storage there.

doodledude

Neo Member
Have you unlocked the Death Metro yet? It is after you clear level 4 or 5 in the tower. It is where you can raid other players' waiting rooms. You can also upgrade your currency storage there.

No not yet, just beaten Coen and unlocked a new floor though so should allow me soon I guess!

Top Bottom