• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets talk about Sonys First Party Studios and their upcoming Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

David___

Banned
Bloodborne getting leaked a few days earlier does not make it any less impressive. Don't go on gaf if you don't want to know what the event is going to be about, and then call it unimpressive because you find out what games they're presenting. :p

Bloodborne leaked a good month(and change) before E3.

Edit: nvm. It leaked about a week before. Not sure why it was a whole month beforehand.
Probably Dragon Quest Heroes and SFIV or V with a possible GT7 prologue?
Doubt SF5 makes 2015. SFIV is getting released in spring time iirc, and even then its still available on 3 other platforms.

I don't know, but there's likely going to be some "filler" as there is every year. I can imagine a few talking points. Nothing like last years Powers segment though, which was positioned poorly, and was kind of incoherent. That won't happen again. As long as there are no leaks to take the wind out of some sails, I think this is a good year in terms of revealing a fair amount of new games since the first phase is kind of over. I think they need to make a strong effort to have a tight ninety minute presentation though. I've never thought the content was poor, just that the way it's presented can be very lacking. That's really the biggest problem in my eyes.

Interesting, so are they spreading out the announcements among all of the big events this year or will they let us know everything major at E3 this year?

Doubt SF5 makes 2015. SFIV is getting released in spring time iirc, and even then its still available on 3 other platforms.

Well they just announced SFV is gonna have a closed beta soon for anyone who pre-orders the game on the playstation blog. We already have seen three playable characters and two arenas. It's shocking that they have progressed so quickly and are not in Alpha but going to Beta now. Fall 2015 it's not far stretch for me.

Verendus

Banned
Interesting, so are they spreading out the announcements among all of the big events this year or will they let us know everything major at E3 this year?
There'll be a decent spread. There are three notable retail titles I expect at E3, which are unannounced. I imagine each one of these is going to catch a lot of interest. Two I expect to fall at Gamescom. Beyond that, there's still two more titles I'm interested in that I would imagine get announced this year at some point, but I don't know when that would be right now. There's probably other stuff, including digital titles, that will be at these events, but I don't really take an interest in everything.

Verendus posted a list of Games that will be available on sony's console(s).
He could be trolling obviously, but the recent move by Sony made me think otherwise.

He probably enjoys it. I'd imagine he was about to give the biggest spoiler of all, but you've just ruined our chances.

Bloodborne getting leaked a few days earlier does not make it any less impressive. Don't go on gaf if you don't want to know what the event is going to be about, and then call it unimpressive because you find out what games they're presenting. :p

Agree. It was a very enjoyable show bar the stale ' go make yourself a sandwich' middle part. They need to work on their pacing this year.

Well they just announced SFV is gonna have a closed beta soon for anyone who pre-orders the game on the playstation blog. We already have seen three playable characters and two arenas. It's shocking that they have progressed so quickly and are not in Alpha but going to Beta now. Fall 2015 it's not far stretch for me.

Well, you have to remember that they announced that there will be a beta for pre-orders. They didn't announce when that beta will be. Wolfenstein: The New Order was released last May and came with a beta for DOOM, and not only have they not shown DOOM outside of QuakeCon, there's literally no sign or talk of the beta. Of course I don't think Capcom are going to do that with SFV, but that shows how extreme a beta announcement and actual release can be.

Chobel

There'll be a decent spread. There are three notable retail titles I expect at E3, which are unannounced. I imagine each one of these is going to catch a lot of interest. Two I expect to fall at Gamescom. Beyond that, there's still two more titles I'm interested in that I would imagine get announced this year at some point, but I don't know when that would be right now. There's probably other stuff, including digital titles, that will be at these events, but I don't really take an interest in everything.

Nothing notable for TGS?

Well, you have to remember that they announced that there will be a beta for pre-orders. They didn't announce when that beta will be. Wolfenstein: The New Order was released last May and came with a beta for DOOM, and not only have they not shown DOOM outside of QuakeCon, there's literally no sign or talk of the beta. Of course I don't think Capcom are going to do that with SFV, but that shows how extreme a beta announcement and actual release can be.

You make a valid point. Still what they have shown so far is really impressive considering they haven't been working more than a year on the game, I think.

Elfstruck

1. TLG (E3)
2. Guerilla Games rpg (Gamescom)
3. Media Molecule new game (Gamescom)

2 later titles could be Bend's new game and Japan Studio rpg. :p

I'm actually really hoping Guerrilla Games gets Horizon up and running on Morpheus somehow, I'd love to see what GG could do with VR.
I really don't know what to expect when it comes to Sony's big first party studios supporting Morpheus. Will there be a huge push among all their studios or will it be like Move where some of them use it for one game then completely disregard it?

i just hope they dont fill this E3 too much with Third Party content...

At E3 2013
-they showed around 15 Minutes First Party Staff (Announcements, Trailers, Tech Demos)
-and around 50 Minutes of Third Party Stuff (Trailers, Teaser, Gameplayvideos) of Games like Destiny, Assassins Creed, Watch Dogs.

Its just annoying.. I dont want to see those games at a sony conference even tough its probably contractual

I really don't know what to expect when it comes to Sony's big first party studios supporting Morpheus. Will there be a huge push among all their studios or will it be like Move where some of them use it for one game then completely disregard it?

It wouldn't surprise me if some games, like say Shadowfall for example, are updated to support Morpheus like how some games were updated to support Move back on PS3.

i just hope they dont fill this E3 too much with Third Party content...

At E3 2013
-they showed around 15 Minutes First Party Staff (Announcements, Trailers, Tech Demos)
-and around 50 Minutes of Third Party Stuff (Trailers, Teaser, Gameplayvideos) of Games like Destiny, Assassins Creed, Watch Dogs.

Its just annyong... I dont want to see those games at a sony conference even tough its probably contractual

Yeah, I don't really feel like the huge publishing houses need the exposure. I was really happy for the first party and indie reveals though.

Yeah, I don't really feel like the huge publishing houses need the exposure. I was really happy for the first party and indie reveals though.

i mean i dont have a problem with new reveals of third party games (Like Kingdom Hearts 3 at that time)

But all those games like Cod, Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed, Destiny with those long gameplayvideos

i hate those parts...Especially because ubisoft, activision and Ea have their own conferences and show these videos again at their own show

i mean i dont have a problem with new reveals of third party games (Like Kingdom Hearts 3 at that time)

But all those games like Cod, Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed, Destiny with those long gameplayvideos

i hate those parts...Especially because ubisoft, activision and Ea have their own conferences and show these videos again at their own show

Yeah it's totally pointless for us on Gaf, hell, probably everyone. The only people I could see it benefiting are the laymen who don't follow gaming news outlets and know what's in the pipeline, and realistically, those people don't watch E3 :/

It wouldn't surprise me if some games, like say Shadowfall for example, are updated to support Morpheus like how some games were updated to support Move back on PS3.

Would make perfect sense to do that with some games! Would also be a good time to throw Killzone Shadowfall VR up on PS Plus for Free when Morpheus launches. That could entice more people to jump into VR earlier.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Beside Uncharted 4, what big exclusive game do Sony have for Fall 2015?

Teraway Unfolded will drop in September or October. Uncharted 4 November, and, if delayed, December. Persona 5, November. Rime, October or December. No Mans Sky - September. Everyone's Gone to Rapture will hit this fall too given the progress that's been made. Sony's Bend title is also slated for Fall I think. Then you have Guerrila Cambridge game - who knows when that's going to drop.

Sony is fine this Fall (if we define Fall as September-December). An Uncharted Collection and a Studio Japan project releasing this Fall will really crowd things up - and make one or two of the smaller titles flop sales wise. I do however want an Uncharted Collection to be announced. I mean it's the perfect time to do it...despite the pressure and strain it puts on ND (should be outsourced imo).

Elfstruck

Teraway Unfolded will drop in September or October. Uncharted 4 November, and, if delayed, December. Persona 5, November. Rime, October or December. No Mans Sky - September. Everyone's Gone to Rapture will hit this fall too given the progress that's been made. Sony's Bend title is also slated for Fall I think. Then you have Guerrila Cambridge game - who knows when that's going to drop.

Sony is fine this Fall (if we define Fall as September-December). An Uncharted Collection and a Studio Japan project releasing this Fall will really crowd things up - and make one of those titles flop sales wise. I do however want an Uncharted Collection to be announced. I mean it's the perfect time to do it...despite the pressure and strain it puts on ND (should be outsourced imo).

That is a lots of games for Sept-Dec. I would say Uncharted collection for summer like TLOU Remastered and Studio Japan game for early September as an appetizer. :p

Still waiting for an update on this mofo...

iz99U5vjFIY2p.gif

ibnELoghPwIJHx.gif

i895kXwgpwfu3.gif

lhjhbB9.gif

GnawtyDog

Banned
That is a lots of games for Sept-Dec. I would say Uncharted collection for summer like TLOU Remastered and Studio Japan game for early September as an appetizer. :p

Yeah you also have Killstrain (F2P) shooter (from San Diego) and Drawn to Death (Jaffe's game) also dropping this year (the question is when). How about the Gamescom game Wild? Perhaps pushed to Q1 2016.

Edit: And god forbid I leave out AlienNation from Housemarquee....just too damn many to keep count.

You gotta be very suspect when V goes into a Batman thread, a WB game, to troll about Superman saving Gotham in the end. Just the way it's :)

I dont know if that was intentional xD But still great catch man. The Verendus spies are everywhere

Look at these ignorant pieces of monkey dung. Gotham is theirs. I wasn't aware Gotham is for sale. Can you just buy Gotham? Is it really worth owning when it's basically filled with crap? What do you get for owning Gotham? What if Superman decides to show up because you made it yours and kills you, because he's gone crazy in the head after Man of Steel? Batman isn't going to be there to tell him to go away if he's dead.

They need to think things through a little bit more. This is shallow, and unbecoming of criminal masterminds. And Penguin needs to lose some damn weight. Stop bringing the team down fatboy.

Sotha_Sil

Guerrilla's scI-fi RPG is my only hope from the Sony studios unless TLG actually turns into something.

Sony's exclusives with third parties are a different story, there's plenty of them I'm looking forward to.

They announced and released LBP3 at E3 and released before end of 2014. I imagine they'll do something similar this year, Shu was really proud of that.

Plus, we know next to nothing of their 2016 lineup. So there's gotta be plenty coming at E3.

Turkoop

Banned
But Insomniac said they were gonna release the movie first half of 2015, and also said the game would launch with the movie release? It can't be a Fall title more like Summer title.

If its summer, there is no time to promote the game after announcing release date at e3..
I hope for a release around September

DavidDesu

Wishful thinking me hopes Morpheus with No Man's Sky. GT7 Prologue compatible with Morpheus. Just anything Morpheus. AAA game in the shape of Uncharted for the end of the year, and ridiculous affordable VR landing as well. That'd kill the competition :p

As I say though, wishful thinking.

Honestly I don't mind either way. Indies will give a lot of support for Morpheus and I honestly think those are the best sort of games for VR.

Koh

Ugh reading the last few posts reminded me that Sonys E3 is probably going to still have a 20 minute Destiny presentation. Ugh.

orochi91

Ugh reading the last few posts reminded me that Sonys E3 is probably going to still have a 20 minute Destiny presentation. Ugh.

In all honesty, TGS and Gamescom seem to be way better than E3 these days.

Even the fucking PSX event was better than E3, just because of the FF7 troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom