• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets talk about Sonys First Party Studios and their upcoming Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Hypothetically, they could have a collaboration with SCE, and also have an entirely unrelated game which is exclusive for Sony too. No one is forcing them to plan for only one title.
Is the Sega one Hatsune Miku Project Diva f 3rd?
EDIT : Oh my god that quote's from 2013.
Just, nevermind everything.

yurinka

So what all is Sony Japan working on? Do they have any major non-collaboration projects in the work? Not counting last gaurdian as that seems to still be a mess.
As I remember these are the announced games to be published by SCEJ:
-The Last Guardian (team Ico)
-Gravity Rush 2 (project Siren)
-Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony)
-Bloodborne (dev. by From)
-The Tomorrow Children (dev. by Q-Games)
-Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (dev. by Alpha System)
-Wattam (dev. by the Katamari designer+Journey producer)
-Knack GOTY edition (God)

yurinka

I want to see a new Parappa on Vita using back touchpad, gyros and maybe even mic or camera and a PS4 Wipeout. And a PS4 Syphon Filter too.

And The Order sequel. Maybe this time as a 200 hours long MMORPG with tons of repetitive sidequests, soccer minigames, CoD/Michael Bay-ish explosions, thousands of stupid collectables and mushroom headed guys (doesn't matter if in zombie version) to get good reviews.

What i dont understand.....Naughty Dog obviously doesnt want to work on another Jak & Daxter Game (new direction of the studio, realism, )

Then why dont they hand over this franchise to another studio?

Yes, yes, I'm a terrible person. I know.

you could become a hero by sharing some presents :)

Verendus

Banned
I really like Jak, but it's one of those titles that I don't want to see revisited. I didn't really enjoy the one on PSP as much as the PS2 titles, and I think it's better to have new IP now. Even if a new one were to somehow be made, I'd be very hesitant about it in terms of my expectations for it. I probably wouldn't allow myself to be excited for it. There are titles like Puppeteer and Tearaway that ooze a lot of charm, so I'm always up for new platformers or action/adventures with a more stylised art style. I prefer them being new though.

Then there's Knack...

I guess older IPs aren't always a bad idea. Sometimes. Maybe. If the new IP is Knack level I guess.

I saw that list Verendus!

About the 4th one, I thought it's Nintendo only?
No idea what you're talking about.

What i dont understand.....Naughty Dog obviously doenst want to work on another Jak & Daxter Game (new direction of the studio, realism, )

Then why dont they hand over this franchise to another studio?

They actually wanted to but couldn't find any good idea, that's why they made TLOU.

They did hand over the franchise to other studio, there was RAD who did Daxter and High Impact Games who did The Lost Frontier.

I saw that list Verendus!

About the 4th one, I thought it's Nintendo only?

A list? Nintendo only? Bayonetta 2 or Itagaki's next game?

Come on Verendus man....Dont do this...

giphy.gif

They actually wanted to but couldn't find any good idea, that's why they made TLOU.

They did hand over the franchise to other studio, there was RAD who did Daxter and High Impact Games who did The Lost Frontier.

Yeah i remember those concepts works..

still i think Jak and Daxter is a pretty huge IP and from an financial perspective it would also be a waste, not to do anything with it on consoles.
We get Ratchet & Clank, we get Sly Cooper on Ps4 but no Jak & Daxter...That sucks

Jingo

I want to see a new Parappa on Vita using back touchpad, gyros and maybe even mic or camera and a PS4 Wipeout. And a PS4 Syphon Filter too.

And The Order sequel. Maybe this time as a 200 hours long MMORPG with tons of repetitive sidequests, soccer minigames, CoD/Michael Bay-ish explosions, thousands of stupid collectables and mushroom headed guys (doesn't matter if in zombie version) to get good reviews.

Lool, the reviewers punish everything, if its too
Much they dont like ,
But if lacks, oh noooooo

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Hasn't this been gone over enough times already? If Sony owns, funds and publishes a title, it's first party. Lair, The Order: 1886 and Bloodborne are first party.

The first problem begins with the terminology:

It's not "first-party studios" it should be "studios developing first-party games". A studio or company being partially or fully owned doesn't mean they will make "first-party games". A studio owned by a hardware maker might quite easily develop a game for a third party publisher (Brownie Brown, Monolith Soft, Sony Online Entertainment, etc.)

It's never about who is developing the game, especially in a tricky age where games have multiple development agencies present. It's always about what publisher is the game being developed for; a first party or a third party.

IcyEyes

It really made my laugh your post :D

On topic :
nice post OP, to be honest something I forgot how many amazing (hopefully) games we will have. Can't wait for all of them !

Verendus

Banned

I think there's some minor tweaks that would be needed for The Order sequel right off the bat. Little things that go a long way. For example, not forcing people to walk constantly, as sometimes this feels restricting. Allow players to run around, which helps with exploration too. Being able to holster and aim your weapon freely when you're playing. Minimising QTEs, or at least, integrating them a little better so there aren't too many varying ones. This is minor stuff that could help a lot in terms of how the player feels.

In terms of the more key design aspects, I feel better level design, and encounter design, would go a long way to help them gaining criticial appreciation. There's a fight right before the end that demonstrates the potential for a more dynamic encounter quite well. More of that with varied enemies in a lengthier campaign would be very memorable. The core gunplay is very good, and they have a solid base in terms of story presentation, so they just need to push themselves further now.

I think there's a lot of potential in a sequel if it's allowed to cook for a little longer. I really liked The Order, even with its flaws, so I'm excited to see them get a chance to really expand on it.

Shin-Ra

No Jak games because his design's fugly an if they changed it significantly you'd get fans whining about it.

I think there's some minor tweaks that would be needed for The Order sequel right off the bat. Little things that go a long way. For example, not forcing people to walk constantly, as sometimes this feels restricting. Allow players to run around, which helps with exploration too. Being able to holster and aim your weapon freely when you're playing. Minimising QTEs, or at least, integrating them a little better so there aren't too many varying ones. This is minor stuff that could help a lot in terms of how the player feels.

In terms of the more key design aspects, I feel better level design, and encounter design, would go a long way to help them gaining criticial appreciation. There's a fight right before the end that demonstrates the potential for a more dynamic encounter quite well. More of that with varied enemies in a lengthier campaign would be very memorable. The core gunplay is very good, and they have a solid base in terms of story presentation, so they just need to push themselves further now.

I think there's a lot of potential in a sequel if it's allowed to cook for a little longer. I really liked The Order, even with its flaws, so I'm excited to see them get a chance to really expand on it.

I would like to see an open world JRPG from Sony

Did Verendus just teased something? dammit I missed it.

only Chobel saw it....But he cant tell us anything. He is in the knack army, pressured by verendus

Yes he did... in the Batman thread.

really? what exactly

im curious how sony is reaction to all that shitstorm happening around this game. Will it harm the partnership with ready at dawn? Will a sequel depend on the sales of this game?
I really hope RAD gets the Chance to create a sequel.. I see a huge potential in this IP....And now with the finished Engine, RAD could focus on other lacking aspects

Verendus

Banned
Yes he did... in the Batman thread.
Even I didn't know I did this.

im curious how sony is reaction to all that shitstorm happening around this game. Will it harm the partnership with ready at dawn? Will a sequel depend on the sales of this game?
They're crying tears of dishonour. Shu is handing in his resignation, Michael Denny has taken to the drink, Andrea is reconsidering his passion for weights, and Andrew House still hasn't lifted his head from shame, even though it's been many days, and his back is probably really hurting by now. Serious business, let me tell you.

Even I didn't know I did this.

They're crying tears of dishonour. Shu is handing in his resignation, Michael Denny has taken to the drink, Andrea is reconsidering his passion for weights, and Andrew House still hasn't lifted his head from shame, even though it's been many days, and his back is probably really hurting by now. Serious business, let me tell you.

200.gif

Verendus

Banned
Hey Verendus, how is Sony's E3 shaping up. Does it look to be better than last year's?
Even without knowing everything right now, it's pretty easy to say it'll be better. Anything decent would probably be better than last year. I honestly think the E3 conference's biggest issue is pacing, and presentation. Even in 2013, it dragged. The Gamescom presentation last year was a lot better in my eyes. Microsoft has done well in terms of presentation the past two years (at least I remember last year being pretty good in terms of how it was presented, I can't remember that well).

Great, teasing.
No one is teasing. Make conversation. Or complain, that's fine too, but do it with flair. I troll all the time, so I won't mind.

Even without knowing everything right now, it's pretty easy to say it'll be better. Anything decent would probably be better than last year. I honestly think the E3 conference's biggest issue is pacing, and presentation. Even in 2013, it dragged. The Gamescom presentation last year was a lot better in my eyes. Microsoft has done well in terms of presentation the past two years (at least I remember last year being pretty good in terms of how it was presented, I can't remember that well).

No one is teasing. Make conversation. Or complain, that's fine too, but do it with flair. I troll all the time, so I won't mind.

So all games, no filler this time?

Patapwn

Verendus, tell us everything you know or else I'll give you the meanest titty twister you've ever had

And knowing you, you've probably paid for hundreds

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Hypothetically, they could have a collaboration with SCE, and also have an entirely unrelated game which is exclusive for Sony too. No one is forcing them to plan for only one title.

So they have two, or could just be one that is unrelated to Sony...? Dammit, I'm lost.

Sony's E3 last year was decent, but nothing notably special either.LBP3 wasn't unexpected, Bloodborne got leaked. The bigger surprises came by Adam Boyes's team.

Verendus, tell us everything you know or else I'll give you the meanest titty twister you've ever had

And knowing you, you've probably paid for hundreds
He probably enjoys it. I'd imagine he was about to give the biggest spoiler of all, but you've just ruined our chances.

Nightengale said:
Sony's E3 last year was decent, but nothing notably special either.LBP3 wasn't unexpected, Bloodborne got leaked. The bigger surprises came by Adam Boyes's team.
Bloodborne getting leaked a few days earlier does not make it any less impressive. Don't go on gaf if you don't want to know what the event is going to be about, and then call it unimpressive because you find out what games they're presenting. :p

Verendus

Banned
So all games, no filler this time?
I don't know, but there's likely going to be some "filler" as there is every year. I can imagine a few talking points. Nothing like last years Powers segment though, which was positioned poorly, and was kind of incoherent. That won't happen again. As long as there are no leaks to take the wind out of some sails, I think this is a good year in terms of revealing a fair amount of new games since the first phase is kind of over. I think they need to make a strong effort to have a tight ninety minute presentation though. I've never thought the content was poor, just that the way it's presented can be very lacking. That's really the biggest problem in my eyes.

Elfstruck

So what all is Sony Japan working on? Do they have any major non-collaboration projects in the work? Not counting last gaurdian as that seems to still be a mess.

Well they do, games like Gravity Rush 2 and unannounced big jrpg according to Verendus. Who knows if they will throw in a little surprise, like Ape Escape and Legend of dragoon 2 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom