• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets talk about Sonys First Party Studios and their upcoming Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koh

In all honesty, TGS and Gamescom seem to be way better than E3 these days.

Even the fucking PSX event was better than E3, just because of the FF7 troll.

Ouch, i was duped so hard by the FF7 troll. Sony surely learned from that right? Was anyone anywhere happy about how that was handled?

He probably enjoys it. I'd imagine he was about to give the biggest spoiler of all, but you've just ruined our chances.

Bloodborne getting leaked a few days earlier does not make it any less impressive. Don't go on gaf if you don't want to know what the event is going to be about, and then call it unimpressive because you find out what games they're presenting. :p

Thats a though decision to make.

Join the GAF hype train, have a blast and risk spoiling some surprises or

Avoid Neogaf and genuinly be surprised by what Sony has in store for us.

Ugh reading the last few posts reminded me that Sonys E3 is probably going to still have a 20 minute Destiny presentation. Ugh.

Why? They only had a quick trailer last year. I'm sure we'll see an announcement and a trailer but that's pretty much it. Next year will be the show that has a big Destiny presence, since that's when Destiny 2 should be coming out.

stryke

Why? They only had a quick trailer last year. I'm sure we'll see an announcement and a trailer but that's pretty much it. Next year will be the show that has a big Destiny presence, since that's when Destiny 2 should be coming out.

I'm fairly certain it will have a big presence again this year. Sony have to promote Comet.

I'm fairly certain it will have a big presence again this year. Sony have to promote Comet.

An expansion pack only though. I don't expect much beyond a 5 minute segment with a trailer.

Next year though... Destiny 2 will take up a chunk of Sony's conference.

I'd expect Destiny's presence, if there is any, to look like it did at PSX. They spent about four minutes on it there when they showed a trailer for The Dark Below.

I know it's an expansion but I'm going to predict there'll be an on stage demo.

Why? Everyone knows how Destiny plays, the expansion isn't going to change that, it's just going to be more Destiny. Like Nightengale and SolidSnakex said, I don't expect anything more than a few minutes, with a trailer, a description of what's in it and mention of whatever exclusive DLC Sony have secured.

Destiny 2 is the game they're really going to need to show, to help sell any changes they've made to lapsed/new players.

Elfstruck

That FF7 troll was the greatest thing to happen at a press conference, and I say that as a diehard Last Guardian believer.

ivGXt7m.gif

Never forget this lol

stryke

Why? Everyone knows how Destiny plays, the expansion isn't going to change that, it's just going to be more Destiny. Like Nightengale and SolidSnakex said, I don't expect anything more than a few minutes, with a trailer, a description of what's in it and mention of whatever exclusive DLC Sony have secured.

Destiny 2 is the game they're really going to need to show, to help sell any changes they've made to lapsed/new players.

Even if it's "more Destiny", I think Activision/Bungie will want to try proving to consumers (especially the lapsed ones) how much it's improved with Comet.

Thats a though decision to make.

Join the GAF hype train, have a blast and risk spoiling some surprises or

Avoid Neogaf and genuinly be surprised by what Sony has in store for us.
I prefer to get hyped and then go on a blackout for 2 weeks prior to the event. It's just much more enjoyable when you don't know anything. I was annoyed when I found out about SFV during PSX, a game that Sony should have closed with IMO.

i think the hype-threads are on of the most awesome things on gaf :D Even Tough its dangerous, its funny to see how everyone gets hyped and speculates.

Even Adam Boyes joined us at the PSX Thread and wrote some poems. Then there was also the Avatar Bet with Verendus, the Crash Bandicoot and Last Guardian Fans :D

Atleast it was far better than the actual PSX Event

Some small new Infos on Guerilla Cambridges Ps4 Project

31103b-1422294579.png

SCEE’s Guerrilla Cambridge Studio is looking for a talented lighting artist to join their art team. In this role you will light levels to a high visual standard based on concept art and direction from your lead. You will also need to balance lighting requirements between visuals, gameplay navigability and technical restrictions.

The ad also continues by mentioning knowledge of modern shader models, in particular physically based materials and lighting and strong interest in cutting-edge game rendering and lighting techniques, indicating that the developer is probably aiming for the new game to be quite the visual showcase.
The use of both pre-baked and fully real time game lighting systems is also mentioned, which should mean that the title will use a mix of both techniques, like The Order: 1886 and other recent games did.

Source: Dualshockers

Luke_Wal

Some small new Infos on Guerilla Cambridges Ps4 Project

31103b-1422294579.png

Source: Dualshockers

So.... They're looking for a lighting artist for a PS4 game? Doesn't seem like a lot of news to me, but I guess I'm glad they're officially working on a PS4 game. Hopefully they're taking Killzone and Guerrilla will focus fully on Horizon and maybe another new IP? They're a huge studio.

Three biggest studios all taking the safe (Predictable) routes on upcoming titles it seems. I'm excited at the thought of Uncharted 4 admittedly, but Santa Monica and Polyphony aren't really going to be of much use to me for a while it seems :/

Good to see so many new IPs coming from several of the others seemingly though.

Someone has to bring in the big, guaranteed money. ND just took a chance with The Last Of Us and Santa Monica was giving a chance to produce a new mega IP and failed to even get it released. Let's not act like they haven't been given any freedom.

I would hope that Sony backs away from their partnership with Bungie/Activision, considering the game that they spend all that money advertising wasn't the game that we actually got.

Hopefully no more artificial Destiny hype at Sony's conferences.

I would hope that Sony backs away from their partnership with Bungie/Activision, considering the game that they spend all that money advertising wasn't the game that we actually got.

Hopefully no more artificial Destiny hype at Sony's conferences.

It sold a ton of PS4s in September so I don't see them doing anything but pushing it just as hard.

Someone has to bring in the big, guaranteed money. ND just took a chance with The Last Of Us and Santa Monica was giving a chance to produce a new mega IP and failed to even get it released. Let's not act like they haven't been given any freedom.

Still so salty about SSM's new IP getting canned. The company line is that SSM is still putting out new IP like The Order/Rapture, but it's entirely tonedeaf and insulting when they take credit for external developers creative output.

It's a shame SSM's huge, internal development staff can't make a new IP and are instead working on more God of War.

So Tearway Unfolded and Until Dawn both this Summer. 2015 looking great for PS4. Now all we need is Holiday surprise hitters!

I think this holiday will just be Uncharted and Ratchet from Sony.

I wonder what they will have for early 16 and beyond now though. Heavy hitters like God of War and Gran Turismo are holiday 16 titles at best. Probably 2017 given their track records.

Maybe GG's new IP would fit in that first half of the year slot for 2016?

Philippo

I wonder what they will have for early 16 and beyond now though. Heavy hitters like God of War and Gran Turismo are holiday 16 titles at best. Probably 2017 given their track records.

Horizon, MM, Bend and Quantic Dream new IP could all release in the first half of 2016.

mejin

Sony is distributing well their first party releases throughout the year . And 3rd party support is strong too.

Maybe I missed it but if not we now have a launch window for Tearaway Unfolded -

ZSZtH6E.png
Good, I pretty much expected it to be their summer retail game. Though I guess Until Dawn is also. No summer drought from Sony!

No way on earth we only get two games in the fall. Sony's for sure gonna announce/rereveal something at E3 for a fall release. TLG, Bend's game, Gravity Rush 2, who knows what, but there will be something.

KAL2006

Banned
Q1 2015
The Order
BloodBorne

Q2 2015
Tearaway Unfolded

Q3 2015
Until Dawn
Beyond/Heavy Rain Directors Cut

Q4 2015
Uncharted 4
Ratchet and Clank

Q1 2016
Street Fighter V
Horizon (Guerilla Games New IP)

Q2 2016
Level 5 JRPG
Sony BEND New IP

Q3 2016
Uncharted Remastered Collection
Quantic Dreams New IP
Sly 5

Q4 2016
inFamous Third Son
Morpheus Launch
Media Molecule New IP (Morpheus Support)
Sony London Game (Morpheus Support )
Zindagi Move Game (Morpheus Support)

Gran Turismo 7 (Morpheus Support)
God of War IV
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us 2

My prediction of elease schedule for retail exclusives.

Sony is distributing well their first party releases throughout the year . And 3rd party support is strong too.

Yup. On a 3rd party front they're killing the competition. Getting tonnes of indie content and a lot of mid-tier exclusives from Japanese publishers. The system is becoming so content rich.

Loris146

Q1 2015
The Order
BloodBorne

Q2 2015
Tearaway Unfolded

Q3 2015
Until Dawn

Q4 2015
Uncharted 4
Ratchet and Clank

Q1 2016
Street Fighter V

Q2 2016
Level 5 JRPG
Sony BEND New IP

Q3 2016
Quantic Dreams New IP
Sly 5

Q4 2016
inFamous Third Son
Morpheus Launch

God of War IV
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us 2

GT 7 holiday 2016 is my bet.

Gran Turismo will be sooner.

Also, I suspect Guerrilla's game will be a tentpole fall release. It'll only be a spring release if it get's pushed into early 2017.

Is that why it still has millions of people still playing it? If they did not enjoy it then I'm sure the player base would not be so huge.

While this doesn't speak for the whole community, I've got a lot of people on my friends list who still play every day and have been since the game launched, the game has 18 or so OT's here and has maintained a top board on gamefaqs.

You're right, say what you will about the reception but people love it. I definitely think it'l have a pretty big spot during the conference.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing Horizon, but most of all I can't wait to see more of Uncharted, hopefully/maybe we might get a demo or MP beta out of it as well.

Still so salty about SSM's new IP getting canned. The company line is that SSM is still putting out new IP like The Order/Rapture, but it's entirely tonedeaf and insulting when they take credit for external developers creative output.

It's a shame SSM's huge, internal development staff can't make a new IP and are instead working on more God of War.

You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Q1 2015
The Order
BloodBorne

Q2 2015
Tearaway Unfolded

Q3 2015
Until Dawn

Q4 2015
Uncharted 4
Ratchet and Clank

Q1 2016
Street Fighter V

Q2 2016
Level 5 JRPG
Sony BEND New IP

Q3 2016
Quantic Dreams New IP
Sly 5

Q4 2016
inFamous Third Son
Morpheus Launch

God of War IV
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us 2

You forgot Gravity Rush 2.

Philippo

Then i'll try mines:

Q1
The Order 1886
Bloodborne

Q2
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Beyond HD

Q3
Persona 5 JP
Until Dawn
Tearaway Unfolded
Rime
Everybody Gone to Rapture

Q4
Uncharted 4
Ratchet&Clank
No Man's Sky
Persona 5 USA/PAL
Kill Strain Beta
Shadow of the Beast

Q1
Horizon
Street Fighter 5

Q2
Morpheus Launch
Media Molecule IP (Morpheus support)
Bend IP (Morpheus support)
Sony London Causal IP (Morpheus support)
Kill Strain (Morpheus support)
Gravity Rush 2 JP

Q3
Quantic Dream IP
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2 PAL
Sony London Core IP (Morpheus)

Q4
Uncharted HD Collection
Gran Turismo 7
Level 5 IP JP

inFamous 4