• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:0 well thank you, but in the end I'm very glad I listened. Mass Effect 1 was an amazing experience.

Oh absolutely, and I probably would have encouraged you to play it. But I too began with ME3 (since it was free on PS+) and actually played it through to completion (romancing Kaidan :p) Although it was a a devastating experience, it spurred me on to immediately buy the first two, and I had the best experience playing all 3 of them after that. Especially playing 3 again after having made all the right choices :)

Anyway, so many people were hating on you for starting on ME3 - I just wanted to pitch in to say, I did it too and I still came out a huge fan of the series.

mantidor

You shouldn't take the bible seriously, we don't even know if it is not fiction

Well it is a historical document, I wouldn't say it's fiction, in the same way the Iliad or the Odyssey aren't "fiction", but they are not literal records of what happened.

Sorry I can't help it, :p, there's plenty homosexuality in the Bible as well, usually in the former of incest.

RM8

Well, to end our little religion session I just want to say I judge people strictly based on their actions and not their beliefs, so I hope no one takes it personal :p I was just debating my point of view.

Oh absolutely, and I probably would have encouraged you to play it. But I too began with ME3 (since it was free on PS+) and actually played it through to completion (romancing Kaidan :p) Although it was a a devastating experience, it spurred me on to immediately buy the first two, and I had the best experience playing all 3 of them after that. Especially playing 3 again after having made all the right choices :)

Anyway, so many people were hating on you for starting on ME3 - I just wanted to pitch in to say, I did it too and I still came out a huge fan of the series.
lol, tbh Kaidan was one of the reasons I was even interested in Mass Effect. I really fear the ending of Mass Effect 3, everyone says it's pretty bad but I don't know what is :V

I was expecting most posts in that thread to be "wtf ur doing it wrong" but I was sure there would be some really good posts that gave useful advice.

lol, tbh Kaidan was one of the reasons I was even interested in Mass Effect. I really fear the ending of Mass Effect 3, everyone says it's pretty bad but I don't know what is :V

I was expecting most posts in that thread to be "wtf ur doing it wrong" but I was sure there would be some really good posts that gave useful advice.

I don't feel the hate for ME3 or its ending(s) that most seem to feel. I don't think you should fear it, just relish the game and when the end comes - it is what it is.

Actually after romancing Kaidan in my first ME3 attempt, my 1 - 3 run became about romancing Tali. But also I let Kaidan die at Virmire as an attempt to balance things out by experiencing Ashley in ME3. Big mistake.

Mr_Zombie

It's not that bad - the whole ME3 outrage (especially after the DC DLC) is GAF once again exaggerating game's flaws. There are some stupid things in the ending (
that damn Star Child
) but it's not as terrible as people make it out to be.

Grakl

I liked Garrus :v

ME1 was amazing, but ME2 and 3 are total shit to the point where I don't really like ME1 anymore

Dany

Banned
Mass Effect 1 is the best of the series but the sequels are fantastic too. THe only fault of ME3 was a character arch that was dumb. ME1 had the best music, best squad and the best endings. :p

Also Liara for life <3

Mr_Zombie

Mass Effect 1 is the best of the series but the sequels are fantastic too. THe only fault of ME3 was a character arch that was dumb. ME1 had the best music, best squad and the best endings. :p

Also Liara for life <3

Yes!

Kind of (I think ME2 was better in that regard, because there were more effort put to make squad members more "human" instead of just info kiosks - I'm looking at you, Tali)

YES!! The whole ending sequence, end credits included, is an example of perfection. PERFECTION.

I don't feel the hate for ME3 or its ending(s) that most seem to feel. I don't think you should fear it, just relish the game and when the end comes - it is what it is.

Actually after romancing Kaidan in my first ME3 attempt, my 1 - 3 run became about romancing Tali. But also I let Kaidan die at Virmire as an attempt to balance things out by experiencing Ashley in ME3. Big mistake.

It's not that bad - the whole ME3 outrage (especially after the DC DLC) is GAF once again exaggerating game's flaws. There are some stupid things in the ending (
that damn Star Child
) but it's not as terrible as people make it out to be.
So it's like what happened with Final Fantasy XIII in which I played it and had fun and all the criticism was overblown huh

mantidor

You can romance Kaidan why did no one tell me!?

I don't think is enough for me to go back to the series though, I finished ME and really can't bring myself to play those games again, even though ME2 is sitting idle in my Steam account.

Trigger

I don't think is enough for me to go back to the series though, I finished ME and really can't bring myself to play those games again, even though ME2 is sitting idle in my Steam account.

Kaidan as a gay romance was only added in the last entry.

He was originally going to be in ME1 but they chickened out last minute. Go on Youtube and search. Apparently some people found some incomplete files showing that he was going to be at first.

Meh. Series is crap anyways.

mantidor

Kaidan as a gay romance was only added in the last entry.

That's disappointing.

He was originally going to be in ME1 but they chickened out last minute. Go on Youtube and search. Apparently some people found some incomplete files showing that he was going to be at first.

Meh. Series is crap anyways.

It really seemed that way! I remember he was the only character I exhausted all possible conversations because I somehow felt he could be a romantic possibility, while Liara kept getting the hots for you all the damn time for almost no reason, it was annoying. I remember thinking "this is probably written by a horny (and straight of course) 17 y/o".

Burbeting

Banned
I never liked Kaidan myself :p. He seemed really bland, and didn't seem to have any personality at all (in ME1, at least x)). They redeemed him a bit in ME3, tough (still ended up romancing
Cortez
in ME3,
he has some personality at least x).
).

Garrus for life, tough. I was really sad you couldn't romance him with maleshep.

FF13 is good game imho. It's nothing spectacular, and the presentation of the plot is abysmal, but it did many things very right.

For the religion-conversation: My relationship with is very confilicted. I don't think I believe in god, but yet I do some small errands for the local church. Will probably stop that when I come out, tough (sad, people there are awesome and very accepting). My view is Agnostic, I guess.

Also, hi Zantetsuken88! (I'm not the newest man here anymore, woo?).

Mr_Zombie

Possibly NSFW: Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball (Chatroulette Version)

This is actually the first time I hear the song, and I still have no interest in watching the original video :p

This video is a treasury of reaction gifs. Guy @1:55. :D

So it's like what happened with Final Fantasy XIII in which I played it and had fun and all the criticism was overblown huh

I've never played FF XIII so I don't know how really "terrible" it is, so I can't tell, but it's probably similar to RE6 situation - game panned by critics and named one of the worst by many Gaffers, and yet it is one of my most played games this year.

But with ME3 just expect some plot holes and a blue-red(-green) choice at the end of the game. That last thing probably pissed people off, because they wanted some significant choices and wanted to see all significant consequences of all their previous actions. Well, it was their mistake, because Mass Effect was always about simple choices (be a boyscout or be a dick) and meaningless consequences that doesn't change much in the long run.

Just enjoy the journey. ME3 resolves a lot of arcs, unveils some new details on races and their history and, IMHO, was overall a nice conclusion to Shepard's story.

I still have to play ME3 as my renegade red hair MaleShep and maybe finally do a full run (ME1, ME2 and ME3) with a FemShep. I dunno, female faces (and hairstyles) were so terrible in both ME1 and ME2 (especially ME1 - that duckface and plastic wig) that I had a hard time playing as FemShep. I finished ME1 with one, but as opposed to my both of MaleSheps, I just couldn't connect with her. She was just a throwaway character for me and I've never finished her game in ME2.

Dany

Banned
I preferred ME2 to ME1.
The characters in mass effect 2 are better and they actually did some fantastic arches. The main story of 2 was kinda eh, collectors were a snore. It had a great finale level that I wished me3 did instead of the color swap.

I want Bioware to mesh the story/music/mako of me1 with the characters of me2 with the combat of me3.
Also adept>*

The characters in mass effect 2 are better and they actually did some fantastic arches. The main story of 2 was kinda eh, collectors were a snore. It had a great finale level that I wished me3 did instead of the color swap.

I want Bioware to mesh the story/music/mako of me1 with the characters of me2 with the combat of me3.
Also adept>*

The story in ME1 and ME2 were snoozefests for me. I skipped most of both of them. But the combat of ME2 is far superior. Oh and the Mako was terrible.

Mr_Zombie

The story in ME1 and ME2 were snoozefests for me. I skipped most of both of them.

ME2 had great character arcs but the main story was bad. The game felt as if writers spend all their time writing sidemissions and then realized that the game needs some kind of main story, so quickly put together the mess about collectors.

ME1, on the other hand, had good main story (I loved chasing after Saren while discovering what the hell is really going on here) but sidestories were throwaway. However, because this was the first game in the series it had the advantage that it could spend a lot of the time on world building, by introducing various races, their histories, politics etc., which I found interesting.

Oh and the Mako was terrible.
No. Mako was great. Floaty controls + beautiful skyboxes + Virmire Ride = goodness.

Dany

Banned
The story in ME1 and ME2 were snoozefests for me. I skipped most of both of them. But the combat of ME2 is far superior. Oh and the Mako was terrible.
tumblr_m6j2brCplD1r2bo8b.gif

Nothing top ilos for me.
http://youtu.be/uHkBFymRiOs

Mr. F

Banned
I've still only played ME1 to completion but I really liked it (along with my badass scar-faced Asian Shep). Started ME2 last winter but got busy with travel so I never picked it back up...and although it's regarded as a great game the sour reaction to ME3 doesn't put me in any hurry to get back to it.

Dany

Banned
I've still only played ME1 to completion but I really liked it (along with my badass scar-faced Asian Shep). Started ME2 last winter but got busy with travel so I never picked it back up...and although it's regarded as a great game the sour reaction to ME3 doesn't put me in any hurry to get back to it.
But it's good. Trust ;)

We'll I might as we'll introduce myself after I cause that debate last night lol (sorry bout that XD)

Sup guys, I been lurking here for a while, and decide to start posting a little bit. I like Nintendo and Microsoft consoles, but dislike Sony for some reason. I got a 3DS and 360 right now but want a Wii U! Minecraft is the best!

It seems like it's ok to post pics of yourself here, so here goes one of myself

image_zps41869338.jpg

Anybody want to play some Mario Kart 7?

scarlet

Omg look what I started! I guess you need to be careful what you say here huh? Nostalgiavalanche...

Let's talk about commitment

We'll I might as we'll introduce myself after I cause that debate last night lol (sorry bout that XD)

Sup guys, I been lurking here for a while, and decide to start posting a little bit. I like Nintendo and Microsoft consoles, but dislike Sony for some reason. I got a 3DS and 360 right now but want a Wii U! Minecraft is the best!

It seems like it's ok to post pics of yourself here, so here goes one of myself

image_zps41869338.jpg

Anybody want to play some Mario Kart 7?

So no Uncharted? TLOU? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom