• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alrus

I stopped reading the gay related gaming topics. They're frustrating, and I feel that any decent argument will be drowned in a sea of stupid posts anyway.

Great victory for LGBTQ movements throughout Europe as Conchita won Eurovision!

Haha that's awesome. I don't like the song that much though.

Having browsed through that thread more thoroughly, I have come to the conclusion that people are capable of being utter pricks, whether they want to or not.

RM8

I use it because my tag in SSBM was RM88, and when Brawl came out it felt like a waste not using the extra character allowed on tags! :p

Sai-kun

Banned
My totally not new tag begs to differ.

wwe-smackdown-o.gif

"No offense to gay people but I don't want gays in my videogames"

Give it a few years.
Hm, yeah, maybe, though it depends how tight your foreskin was before, if you couldn't pull it back without pain, losing a little bit of sensitivity is nothing compared to how good it feels without any pain.

Mumei

EDIT: ... Gentlemen...? ... How do you change tags...?

Be a really good poster with a generally good moderation record, get noticed [in a positive way, you miscreants], get nominated for a moderator position, get chosen, and then go to "Edit your details" in the Control Panel.

Be a really good poster with a generally good moderation record, get noticed [in a positive way, you miscreants], get nominated for a moderator position, get chosen, and then go to "Edit your details" in the Control Panel.

Oh. Well, thanks. I never knew that it would be so simple and easy!

My mean Gif didn't help, did it?

Delio

Get noticed you mean? *smiles and pats hair*

Caladrius

Ah I see.
Do I have to weigh in on that debate ?

Only if you want to.

Don't believe their lies.

You mean my posts about gleefully murdering innocent Waddle Dees wasn't a good thing?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Typical 1% "bootstrap your own tag" rhetoric.

Rayis

goddam those threads on gaming, I hate it when people say "I disagree with homosexuality and same-sex relationships" there's NOTHING to disagree with, they happen and will not stop happening, and your refusal to agree that they're a thing doesn't make them any less valid. People suck sometimes.

goddam those threads on gaming, I hate it when people say "I disagree with homosexuality and same-sex relationships" there's NOTHING to disagree with, they happen and will not stop happening, and your refusal to agree that they're a thing doesn't make them any less valid. People suck sometimes.

Seriously? Are they playing the usual religion card, or are they being REALLY baseless?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Hm, yeah, maybe, though it depends how tight your foreskin was before, if you couldn't pull it back without pain, losing a little bit of sensitivity is nothing compared to how good it feels without any pain.

If worst comes to worst, you can always wear one of those sensitivity socks they make for circumcised guys.

I was awake for my circumcision which really sucked.. Just a local anaesthetic. And I found the recovery to be really painful :/ probably because
my skin was actually fused to the head so my head was never exposed at all. So when it rubbed against anything it hurt so much. I couldn't walk for the first week LOL

scarlet

I was awake for my circumcision which really sucked.. Just a local anaesthetic. And I found the recovery to be really painful :/ probably because
my skin was actually fused to the head so my head was never exposed at all. So when it rubbed against anything it hurt so much. I couldn't walk for the first week LOL

Why?

Vitanimus

Meh, I usually don't chime in on threads like that because I can usually never articulate my point in a way that sounds cohesive and calm, which is probably a bad thing.

Also ew at circumcision that sounds so painful :(
and kinda ugly

Meh, I usually don't chime in on threads like that because I can usually never articulate my point in a way that sounds cohesive and calm, which is probably a bad thing.

Also ew at circumcision that sounds so painful :(
and kinda ugly

I try not to but I can't help myself sometimes.

mantidor

So how come this thread doesn't have the Q?
LGBTQ rather than LGBT?

It doesn't have the T either, we are exclusionists!
There's a dedicated trans thread.

I'm really curious if Conchita Wurst is a transexual woman, a man doing drag or cis woman with beard but I somehow feel some people will get offended if I asked.

It doesn't have the T either, we are exclusionists!
There's a dedicated trans thread.

I'm really curious if Conchita Wurst is a transexual woman, a man doing drag or cis woman with beard but I somehow feel some people will get offended if I asked.

According to Wiki, Conchita is a gay man doing a drag.

Sai-kun

Banned
LGBT pretty much encompasses most of the chat and discussion that happens here.

Do we have any queer-identifying users who are feeling excluded by it though? I know for a fact there wouldn't be an issue in changing the thread title to be more inclusive.

So after some people in Russia and Belarus kicked up a fuss about Austria entering Eurovision with a bearded drag queen, turns out Conchita actually came third in the Russian televote and fourth in the Belarusian televote, with her overall placing being dragged down by the judges.

So after some people in Russia and Belarus kicked up a fuss about Austria entering Eurovision with a bearded drag queen, turns out Conchita actually came third in the Russian televote and fourth in the Belarusian televote, with her overall placing being dragged down by the judges.
Excellent!

I chose to be awake during my surgery, the shot of the anesthetic just above the root of the penis was the most painful thing about the whole thing lol. I could see a bit what they were doing in the reflection in the ceiling, it was a bloody mess and they weren't gentle lol.

How can the skin be fused to the head? :eek:

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What's Queer exactly? I thought it was synonymous with Gay.

How about renaming the thread to Genderelss Dystopia |OT4|

The skin was fused to the head :( and the waitlist for general anaesthetic was too long and if we had waited any longer there would have been a big risk of it tearing (I was still going through puberty so.. I guess it was growing haha)
I chose to be awake during my surgery, the shot of the anesthetic just above the root of the penis was the most painful thing about the whole thing lol. I could see a bit what they were doing in the reflection in the ceiling, it was a bloody mess and they weren't gentle lol.

How can the skin be fused to the head? :eek:

I was born like that :( my doctor told my dad that I'd grow out of it but I never did and it just stayed fused.

It has different meanings. One is an umbrella term for the community. Another is specific label that is used to describe a range of things and for a range of reasons. Reasons not limited to preferring the political connotations of 'queer' being non-conforming, or having a fluid sexuality, or anything else.

That lots of people think it means "gay" is a thing that has long been on my mind about it as an umbrella term, as it works against visibility.

Scher

I've always been under the impression that queer, nowadays, is more a term that represents those who wouldn't typically fit within the gender binary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom