• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoldenEye.

I love you, sis.

But don't try to pretend like you weren't trying to throw GayGAF under the bus.

ily too

Not all of GayGAF. I was just making an observation I felt was not that far off. In reality, it dealt with only a few posters. But yeah, nowhere did I actually say or imply there was as issue with asses of all types. In fact, I repeated there should just be an all-encompassing hot person thread that all can enjoy.

And then for someone to actually incorrectly draw homophobe from a thread like that... Especially considering my political leanings and votes.

Edit: Gravelord_Nito, that's fair. Ultimately, nobody is a mind reader - which is something I should keep in mind.

ily too

Not all of GayGAF. I was just making an observation I felt was not that far off. In reality, it dealt with only a few posters. But yeah, nowhere did I actually say or imply there was as issue with asses of all types. In fact, I repeated there should just be an all-encompassing hot person thread that all can enjoy.

And then for someone to actually incorrectly draw homophobe from a thread like that... Especially considering my political leanings and votes.

Edit: Gravelord_Nito, that's fair. Ultimately, nobody is a mind reader - which is something I should keep in mind.

Protip: leaning to the left does not mean you are immediately a part of - or even have access to, for that matter - all of its machinations. You need to understand that in any corner of the internet where restrictions, whether they be social stigma or outright federal law, are not as prevalent, said hotspots will give way to vocal minorities of any and all intentions. That's what the thread was about. Just because the thread was derailed doesn't mean it's purely a thread for the original purveyors - in this case, usually cishet men attracted to women. That's what gayGAF was trying to prove - there was no ulterior motive, and while it was discussed here in post, it was not coordinated here. That's the big difference.

Protip: leaning to the left does not mean you are immediately a part of - or even have access to, for that matter - all of its machinations. You need to understand that in any corner of the internet where restrictions, whether they be social stigma or outright federal law, are not as prevalent, said hotspots will give way to vocal minorities of any and all intentions. That's what the thread was about. Just because the thread was derailed doesn't mean it's purely a thread for the original purveyors - in this case, usually cishet men attracted to women. That's what gayGAF was trying to prove - there was no ulterior motive, and while it was discussed here in post, it was not coordinated here. That's the big difference.
As a minority, I'm aware of the importance of social disruption and understand it's critical role historically.

Ultimately, my main point was that some used the thread to make a point based on past issues here on GAF. Somehow it got morphed into me saying there was some major conspiracy initiated by all of GayGAF, which isn't accurate. Just don't hide the fact a couple posters wanted to make a point. Nothing wrong with making the point as it is a legitimate one. Own it like you just posted here. I don't think there would have been anything to argue if the post you just made was posted earlier.

Just like if I take some political action or tell my boss something is bullshit when it comes to ethical issues or concerns I have, I stand by and own it. Yeah, I disrupted a thread or some issue, what of it? Is basically my mentality. Not all of the time. But a lot of the time. Hope that offers some clarity from my perspective.

Can we talk about Pokemon instead? I don't want any more fights in here.
They totally need to bring back Pokestar Studios in the R/S remakes. Don't care that it wasn't in the original games. It was a real fun and neat idea IMO and I'd love to ser them bring it back, like how a Safari Zone and Battle Frontier was added to HG/SS. Not actually expecting it of course, but it would be a great surprise. Oh, and Pokemon following you again, of course--I want to have a Swoobat or something following me. ^_^

This world needs a Pokemon Snap 2. Why hasn't Nintendo done it. The Wii U pad, the 3DS... all of those would have been great for the game.
Yeah, definitely. A Snap 2 that takes some cues and heavy inspiration from stuff like Afrika, with as many of the current Pokemon stuffed in there as possible would be incredible~ :D

Shin Me-Gay-Mi Tensei Gaf - as someone who didn't really enjoy Devil Survivor, would something like Soul Hackers appeal to me? I have $15 in Nintendo credit burning a hole in my wallet, and I've recently finished Bravely Default and the post-game Pokemon Y stuff. I'm looking at either Soul Hackers, Harvest Moon 3DS (the one that's currently $19.99) or Inazuma Eleven. Help!

This world needs a Pokemon Snap 2. Why hasn't Nintendo done it. The Wii U pad, the 3DS... all of those would have been great for the game.

I just got Snap on the Wii VC last week and beat it the other day ( i still had so much old credit unused) Quick game with lots of heart and replay value. Dont care what system its on, but i want another now! lol

Still playing XY since release pretty heavily. Over 200 hours somehow o_O. Probably mostly wonder trading and making multiple teams

Shin Me-Gay-Mi Tensei Gaf - as someone who didn't really enjoy Devil Survivor, would something like Soul Hackers appeal to me? I have $15 in Nintendo credit burning a hole in my wallet, and I've recently finished Bravely Default and the post-game Pokemon Y stuff. I'm looking at either Soul Hackers, Harvest Moon 3DS (the one that's currently $19.99) or Inazuma Eleven. Help!

Someone who doesn't enjoy Devil Survivor cannot be helped. Sorry.

Haven't played Soul Hackers.

Wonder Trading really is stupidly addicting. It's a simple idea, but a brilliant one. Definitely hope it's a feature that ends up sticking around.

It's allowed me to get great pokemon and train so many without having to go through the grind of IV and move breeding which i just cant take the time and do.
Gonna train my newly wondertraded Drought Vulpix lol

Gaaaays nooooo lol
tumblr_n0le7qJOBr1r4tn78o1_1280.png
tumblr_lxgjw9XJY51qi5jga.jpg

And as someone who was a track and field runner for years this pleases me a lot lol

Caladrius

Soul hackers plays very differently from Devil Survivor, to the point where the only things they really have in common are the turn-based system (though SH is a pure RPG as opposed to Strategy RPG like DeSu), elemental affinities and a story around digitally-summoned supernatural creatures.

The thing about Soul Hackers is that it's a remake of a PS1-era game, and aside from the streetpass features and visual updates it plays almost identically. It's a solid game, but it's very much a product of its time. If you like older RPGs, by all means get it, but it's something to keep in mind.

Someone who doesn't enjoy Devil Survivor cannot be helped. Sorry.

Haven't played Soul Hackers.

While disliking DeSu is indeed a terrible crime, it's still one of the weaker extant branches of SMT.

While disliking DeSu is indeed a terrible crime, it's still one of the weaker extant branches of SMT.

I've honestly enjoyed it far more than the SMT games. One of my favorite games ever. Why is it considered weaker? DeSu 2 maybe. But DeSu 1 and Overclocked were amazing.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
... And at what point did you PM a moderator about the topic?

I didnt had to do it. I knew someone was going to eventually post even worse pics that would get it lock without need to send a PM.

EDIT: In other news...

I had a long conversation with a facebook friend which ended up with him coming out of the closet and telling me he had feelings for me. He knows I have a bf and he knows I'm happy with my bf but he needed to get it out of his chest and deleted me after that conversation. I mean I didn't get aggressive, offensive or anything. I was pretty understanding and I said everything is okay and that I'm still his friend but I guess some guys are just messy like that.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I had a long conversation with a facebook friend which ended up with him coming out of the closet and telling me he had feelings for me. He knows I have a bf and he knows I'm happy with my bf but he needed to get it out of his chest and deleted me after that conversation. I mean I didn't get aggressive, offensive or anything. I was pretty understanding and I said everything is okay and that I'm still his friend but I guess some guys are just messy like that.

He probably didn't want to deal with the shame/awkwardness of seeing you around on his feed after The Talk.

RM8

I'm neck deep in Mario Kart. I'm 3-star-ing my profile by tomorrow, I promise :p The YouTube upload tool is pretty cool, I'll be using it a lot:

lRtE8L3.gif

RM8

What's your combination? I currently use the one in my gif (Toad + Biddybuggy + Crimson Slim + Cloud Glider) and Toadette + Prancer + Wood + Cloud Glider:

Basically I like mushroom people with good handling and traction :p

Vazra

He probably didn't want to deal with the shame/awkwardness of seeing you around on his feed after The Talk.

I would understand it if I posted stuff about me kissing my bf (It's a long distance relationship) or tons of personal stuff with my bf but I dont post anything private related. I was supportive and told him that he could call me and talk if he wanted and he simply deleted me without explanation. If I meant so much to him like he said at least I would have expected an explanation of why he deleted me and block me. Still at the same time I guess I dont have to worry about any future drama.

I spend two days moving, finally get settled, and there was an ass war or something all the while?

Start here

daripad

What's your combination? I currently use the one in my gif (Toad + Biddybuggy + Crimson Slim + Cloud Glider) and Toadette + Prancer + Wood + Cloud Glider:

Basically I like mushroom people with good handling and traction :p

How do I post a pic like that? I want to show my ride!

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Why aren''t you punks wearing pride colors

it's June dammit
I forgot about Pride month. I asked the BF if we're going to do something like walk in a parade or something, since we've never done that, and he said yes.

Now to figure out when it is and how to get there. 👴

Vazra

Getting suddenly emotional and feeling like you Im in a black cloud with no one to keep me distracted. I dont really know why Im even posting here when most people are probably sleeping but lately I've been pretty fucked up on my sleeping habits sometimes thinking about things and sometimes over nothing and with no will to do anything to actually fall asleep or keep myself distracted.

I know there are multiple factors that still affect me but sometimes in my head I don't know what is going on. Sure I'm frustrated cause I don't have a job and while I wasn't the happiest guy with the job I found it satisfying being able to afford things I couldn't get before and I don't feel right at times having unemployment money coming for me while I'm hunting for a job cause I don't feel like I earned it. (Still will use as I do have needs) Obviously depressed cause my trip to NY got cancelled as I got fired right as I was asking for vacations and the last paycheck went on paying my debts so I didn't had anything fucking me up later. I have gained weight over these months of unemployment and I can't find a way to motivate myself to work out and eat healthier despite my health getting deteriorated. I'm basically 24/7 on the computer when I'm not taking my days for job hunting, always here either lurking and posting. I feel like a pathetic little shit atm and I feel like its gonna be like this for a while. I know what to do yet I don't apply things to myself because something I notice with a lot of people and not me only is that we are good at giving advice but we dont apply it ourselves.

I feel ungrateful too as I shouldn't be feeling this bad when I still live at home with a supporting family who understand I'm going through a rough patch as I do have a boyfriend constantly cheering me up to stay fighting. It is tiresome and unfair to them but I guess I can't help but feel like garbage when I can't do much to add to the house (paying bills, buy groceries etc) and feeling terrible for the cancellation of my trip to NY to hang with my bf which we havent really been face 2 face yet. I know he understands everything and he is supportive but the feeling that I failed him still eats me up at times. I wish I get a job soon cause Im losing my mind in here.

Anyway I'm not looking for sympathy or anything right now I guess I needed to vent somewhere, somehow. Excuse the mediocre english and grammar but my head aint in the right place to write things properly.

I've got exams this week, I need to sleep right. I'll have plenty of time for coffee and insomnia over summer.

Eheh. I have some exams too. But I know i'll fail the buggers in the end. Everyone thinks I am going to pass them, though, in spite of my insistence that I will not (No matter how hard I try). I just... Know that i'm going to fail. Out of experience. So I drink coffee!

Hey Nito, I think it's okay to just sit at night and think about stuff. Try and think of past times where you felt like the way you do now, like bad past experiences and realize that you've pulled through them just fine and that you'll pull through this. This is coming from a 16 year old who drank three beers at night once so that he could forget about the shit he was thinking, I haven't done that anymore even when I feel shittier than the way I felt that Night.Listen to music, play games,work out, just distract yourself with anything when you feel like that and believe that you're going to be fine after this difficult time.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Which avatar should I use? It's Agron from Spartacus.
He was involved with a guy on that show.

ihJwpycuai2o0.png

izgKTfhI979Wn.png
(I like the expression of the guy in the back.)

I'm neck deep in Mario Kart. I'm 3-star-ing my profile by tomorrow, I promise :p The YouTube upload tool is pretty cool, I'll be using it a lot:

I already three starred my profile today. I'm going for the time trials tomorrow alternating with some online.
What does the 3-star ranking require? Just three stars in all the cups? If so, I'm cleaning up some 150cc cups and I should be good. Then onto unlocking stamps...

By the way, thanks to all here who convinced me to get Pikmin 3 from that free game deal. What an incredible game - and gorgeous to boot.

We should make a Gay-Gaf tournament for MK8 :p

Natetan

Getting suddenly emotional and feeling like you Im in a black cloud with no one to keep me distracted. I dont really know why Im even posting here when most people are probably sleeping but lately I've been pretty fucked up on my sleeping habits sometimes thinking about things and sometimes over nothing and with no will to do anything to actually fall asleep or keep myself distracted.

I know there are multiple factors that still affect me but sometimes in my head I don't know what is going on. Sure I'm frustrated cause I don't have a job and while I wasn't the happiest guy with the job I found it satisfying being able to afford things I couldn't get before and I don't feel right at times having unemployment money coming for me while I'm hunting for a job cause I don't feel like I earned it. (Still will use as I do have needs) Obviously depressed cause my trip to NY got cancelled as I got fired right as I was asking for vacations and the last paycheck went on paying my debts so I didn't had anything fucking me up later. I have gained weight over these months of unemployment and I can't find a way to motivate myself to work out and eat healthier despite my health getting deteriorated. I'm basically 24/7 on the computer when I'm not taking my days for job hunting, always here either lurking and posting. I feel like a pathetic little shit atm and I feel like its gonna be like this for a while. I know what to do yet I don't apply things to myself because something I notice with a lot of people and not me only is that we are good at giving advice but we dont apply it ourselves.

I feel ungrateful too as I shouldn't be feeling this bad when I still live at home with a supporting family who understand I'm going through a rough patch as I do have a boyfriend constantly cheering me up to stay fighting. It is tiresome and unfair to them but I guess I can't help but feel like garbage when I can't do much to add to the house (paying bills, buy groceries etc) and feeling terrible for the cancellation of my trip to NY to hang with my bf which we havent really been face 2 face yet. I know he understands everything and he is supportive but the feeling that I failed him still eats me up at times. I wish I get a job soon cause Im losing my mind in here.

Anyway I'm not looking for sympathy or anything right now I guess I needed to vent somewhere, somehow. Excuse the mediocre english and grammar but my head aint in the right place to write things properly.

I've been there man. Was in between jobs unemployed for nearly six months living on savings on my own, pining for a guy who didn't care about me, couldn't find a job. Luckily I had a roommate who was really nice and supportive. I was also living on unemployment. Yeah it's hard to keep moving forward, but just realize that and do what you can. You won't be out there applying for 200 jobs a day because you are depressed. Give yourself a break and don't be too hard on yourself. My roommate did that for me. But try and do what you can to move forward. Even just one small thing every day.

Vazduh

Oh, man. When it rains, it pours.

I don't think you're being ungrateful when you're feeling like this, it's not like you can just flip a switch and suddenly become cheerful and super-optimistic. The hardest part in all this is that you won't meet your boyfriend for quite some time, which really sucks for both of you :/ I hope both of you find a way to meet somehow, soon.

Take good care of yourself, nobody else is going to do it for you. Sometimes it's hard to get motivated to do anything, but take one step at a time, and you'll do fine. As always, I wish you the best of luck.

What you're feeling is something most of us go through at some level; what I try to remember is that those people in my life that do support me (be it family, a boyfriend, friends, anyone) are doing so consciously. They support me because whatever characteristics or energy I'm putting into the universe is worthwhile to them, and that makes me worthwhile. I'm worth their time, money, and support. Once I dig into that notion a bit and accept the fact that I'm WORTH supporting, I can finally work on translating that into happiness, and then some affirmation. The same way you might depend on your family to pull you through tough times, they are depending on you just as well. Try not to get bogged down in the negative things. You have time to work on your health and fitness, and you have time to get things back together financially. I followed all kinds of hollow advice from people when I went through rough patches and I never seemed to feel "fixed;" just always mediocre or less than the best version of myself. It really does take respecting the relationships and friendships I had to pull myself out of it. And venting really does work wonders. :)

Vazra

Thanks for the kind words guys. I got up in a better mood and was thinking on ways to keep myself busy on the day so I'm drained at night so I don't go through that as often as its happening lately. (Work out, read books, etc) I have to simply think more often that all this stuff is simply temporary and everything eventually will fall into place sooner or later. It's not like I'm drowning in debts, about to lose my home or anything. I'm in a bad spot for now but I have nothing to worry about at the moment considering I really have no big responsibilities to take care of atm(Thankfully) and I'm getting enough money to pay my stuff and still able to help a bit home. There are people in worst situations and this and they still keep a better mood than me so I need to look more outside of the box. Anyway thanks again for the kind words and may the selfies, poke talk, etc continues. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom