• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT4| We're (still) Here! We're (still) Queer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitanimus

I'm sorta 50/50 with the whole "small town, no gays" sorta thing. Like on one hand, there's no drama and stuff, but on the other hand it gets so dull and it's hard to sorta experience what everyone else experiences in their teens when there's no one else.

Where did you live in Mexico?
In a small city in Sonora. We moved into this small town in Arizona. It's still a pretty small city, but it grew a lot more ever since we left. I guess I'm glad we left because it's a lot more peaceful here than there... even if it's still Arizona.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=118084481#post118084481

image.php

Can you avvy quote yourself? Is that a thing?

I'm sorta 50/50 with the whole "small town, no gays" sorta thing. Like on one hand, there's no drama and stuff, but on the other hand it gets so dull and it's hard to sorta experience what everyone else experiences in their teens when there's no one else.

Preach it. I hate the 'burbs and state school combo, meaning that anyone at school is probs closeted.

At least my auntie is bisexual so I have had a role model and she was the first person I came out to etc. etc. I love her, she's one of the best people in the world and she doesn't even know it, more of a big sister than an aunt. She's also basically paved the way for me, which puts me in an unbelievably privileged position compared to most, because I feel totally safe and secure. I'm so lucky.

Hi LGBThread. Bye LGBThread.

Well, there is one guy but he's a vile cunt who incomprehensibly detests me so it's like I'm alone. People don't seem to get that there's love/hate and then just plain hate/hate. Everyone teases me about the former but it's the latter all the way.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Stupid question. For pride parade, can anyone just join the march or do you need to register or what? Idk how it works. lol

Generally, you need to register with a non-profit to march along with them in the parade. Each city should have registration info on their Pride sites, although depending on when your city's parade is, it could be past a deadline by now.

Alternately, many businesses who have floats in the parade will give the opportunity to be in the parade or on their float to company employees who help in the construction of the float, banners, etc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Blessed are the Bs
For they shall inherit the earth

Dead Man

If you're ever in Melbourne on a fourth Tuesday of a month, you can come to the Melbourne Bi Chat, run by Bisexual Alliance Victoria. It's not just for people who label as bi, if you don't label as such. http://www.bi-alliance.org/?page_id=37

A message I want to promote is that queer spaces are EQUALLY for all queer people, with no caveats at all. People in queer spaces should EXPECT us to be there, to ASSUME we are there.

I'll keep that in mind, cheers for the heads up. :)

All of these new people.

Yep. Hi all :)

Well, the talk spawned a sequel after I had finished crashing on my bed in a depressive slump. They didn't talk much, just listened while I talked at length about how a lot of what they were saying hurt me deeply and contradicted the numerous personal observations, gut checks, and attempts at falsification I've made over the long years. I stressed too that it was tantamount to questioning my existence, and that short of saving me from a hypothetical danger or hurt down the line, it was exposing me to those right now. I think they understood.

My mother just listened and braided my hair. They cut very deep earlier, but I know they're really trying their best to do better in this regard. Time will tell if they come around. I hope they do.

At least they are listening. Hope it gets better for you, have a hug.

RM8

I made this for GAF's get well soon card to Iwata:

FJ2pgI7.png

Even though it's not an original idea, it's cool that we're doing this :3

what always gets me is the diet pepsi and milk comic or whatever -- I dunno how people think it could ever be a good combo

384469910_ff9d44e73c_z.jpg
Yeah. That's weird.
Also Don't know why I just did this but I've been up watching some lame DCOM, Zapped. For some reason those TV movies are a guilty pleasure of mine.
Plus there were some cute guys in there.

Anyways, I'm out. Too tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom